Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Bye Bye M3, Welcome 458 İtalia

crayphile:
    pride355:

Thank you for your warm wishes. Today I confirmed my order. I made 2 changes on the specs.

1) I got cuoio interior instead of chiccolate

2) I got grigio chiaro stitching instead of scuro.

The car will be september built. Delivery will be at the end of september from Germany. So it will be in Istanbul by October.

Congratulations! Curious why you opted for Cuoio in the end?

I thought chiccolate suits FF better. Your grigio ferro/chiccolate is the best color combo for FF. But for 458, I wanted more sporty, fresh, lively interior. 

--

ONUR

11 E92 M3 CP 

09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

I thought chiccolate suits FF better. Your grigio ferro/chiccolate is the best color combo for FF. But for 458, I wanted more sporty, fresh, lively interior. 

Understood

pride355:

Thank you for your warm wishes. Today I confirmed my order. I made 2 changes on the specs.

1) I got cuoio interior instead of chiccolate

2) I got grigio chiaro stitching instead of scuro.

The car will be september built. Delivery will be at the end of september from Germany. So it will be in Istanbul by October.

Wise call on the stitching, I'm sure it will look better this way, but im curious too as why you changed to cuoio? It will look great as well but chioccolate seemed like such a great combo. 

Edit: Never mind, just read the above comment when I went to the next page and sow your explanation on cuoio. Given you past conversations I'm sure I'll love it once I see it, you have impeccable taste Onur. 

The ultimate modification... smiley

My eyes hurt after seeing that. mail

Amazing how many people with funny tastes are out there! Hideous, how can you put a disco into your Ferrari???

Lars997:
    Amazing how many people with funny tastes are out there! Hideous, how can you put a disco into your Ferrari???

I would like to see his house Smiley

--

ONUR

11 E92 M3 CP 

09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

Stunning car Onur, one of the best available, congratulations Smiley Smiley

Shakal:

Thank you my friend Smiley

I'm waiting very impatiently Smiley

--

ONUR

11 E92 M3 CP 

pride355:
    Shakal:

Are you picking it up in Germany or do you get a delivery?

If you're picking it up in Germany, we could meet.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

RC:
    pride355:
    Shakal:

Are you picking it up in Germany or do you get a delivery?

If you're picking it up in Germany, we could meet.-

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

I would love to pick up the car in Germany but then I will have trouble importing the car from custom.

We have some stupid laws such as it is forbidden by law to import 2nd hand/used cars. In the last few years many 2nd hand cars were imported as new and sold as new to customers. Now there are few cases at the court because of these used cars. Therefore it is a problem to import 2000 km car evenif it is only a week old. I'm still looking for a way to solve this problem such as having "by road transport" papers. If I could, I would love to meet you Christian Smiley

--

ONUR

11 E92 M3 CP 

Onur, I truly hope that 458 will be up to your expectations. In fact it is IMHO the best mid engine sportscar currently on the market. I will probably go the Porsche route since after getting F12 price(shock!) I decided that in current state of local economy it is from several points of view not very wise thing to purchse it(F12). For F12 end price on my local market I can buy Porsche 991CS coupe(with most sporty options) as sportscar, Audi S6 Avant as family/daily driver and BMW X3 2.0d for my wife. Well... The only thing for me is to order 991CS right now or to wait for new 991 GT3?

Enjoy your 458 as much as possible Onur! Drive it as it should be driven(I have no doubt that you will do that) since most Ferraris are garage queens these days...

KresoF1:

Onur, I truly hope that 458 will be up to your expectations. In fact it is IMHO the best mid engine sportscar currently on the market. I will probably go the Porsche route since after getting F12 price(shock!) I decided that in current state of local economy it is from several points of view not very wise thing to purchse it(F12). For F12 end price on my local market I can buy Porsche 991CS coupe(with most sporty options) as sportscar, Audi S6 Avant as family/daily driver and BMW X3 2.0d for my wife. Well... The only thing for me is to order 991CS right now or to wait for new 991 GT3?

Enjoy your 458 as much as possible Onur! Drive it as it should be driven(I have no doubt that you will do that) since most Ferraris are garage queens these days...

Kreso,

Thank you for the nice wishes wink

F12 is a great car. But it is stupid money (as is Italia) in my country. At least there is always demand for V8 mid-engine Ferraris in our market. It is easier to sell a F430 than a F599. Actually V8 mid-engine Ferrari is the easiest car to sell in its market (against Lambo, Aston, and other Ferraris).

My logic tells me to buy 991 since it is a great car But I have too much passion and desire for a V8 mid-engine Ferrari. I see it as joy of my youth and I'll have it thinking of buying it as a yacht. My daily drive will be a VW CC not a Mercedes S63 AMG. So I guess you get my point. 

I'm planing to drive the Italia on every possible weekend and will track it as I did my Carrera S, Audi TTS and M3. I want to keep the car at least for 6-7 years (which means 2 generations) as long as I don't have any technical problems or don't crash it.

Otherwise, it is still stupid to pay more than 400k euro for a car in Turkey..

--

ONUR

11 E92 M3 CP 

Kutlama my friend.

Excellent choice kiss

You might want to rethink tracking the 458. The 458 is one hell of a car but considering the price, in depth build quality (Ferrari quality has improved considerably but still no where near what is required for regularly tracking) and resale value with hard miles it will be one very expensive car.Smiley

Keep it as a weekend car and watch your miles.Smiley

--

nberry:

You might want to rethink tracking the 458. The 458 is one hell of a car but considering the price, in depth build quality (Ferrari quality has improved considerably but still no where near what is required for regularly tracking) and resale value with hard miles it will be one very expensive car.Smiley

Keep it as a weekend car and watch your miles.Smiley

Nick,

Thank you for the tipps.

But, I buy the car to drive it. Of course, I will not abuse it but with double clutch transmission and ceramic brakes, I think it will be ok on the track. I don't care much for the next buyer. If I did, I wouldn't buy a grey market car (well, it is not grey market but I will import it from Germany so it is not going to be from the Turkish Vendor) in the first place.

I'm planning to drive it approx. 80 days in a year. That will be around 6000-7000 km yearly. I will not drive it daily but I'll drive it for my joy rides. Otherwise, what's the point of buying it?

--

ONUR

11 E92 M3 CP 

pride355:
    But, I buy the car to drive it. Of course, I will not abuse it but with double clutch transmission and ceramic brakes, I think it will be ok on the track. I don't care much for the next buyer. If I did, I wouldn't buy a grey market car (well, it is not grey market but I will import it from Germany so it is not going to be from the Turkish Vendor) in the first place.

I'm planning to drive it approx. 80 days in a year. That will be around 6000-7000 km yearly. I will not drive it daily but I'll drive it for my joy rides. Otherwise, what's the point of buying it?

Smiley Smiley

--

Good plan. Smiley

FWIW, if you have never owned a Ferrari you're in for a real treat. The enjoyment in driving the car far outweigh some of its disadvantages. It is simply an incredible car to drive. You will be smiling ear to ear every time you driving it.

--

Good plan - you have to ride it, otherwise for what do you get it.  kiss

What an amazing step forward you´re giving, can´t waite to read your feedback, congrats.

J.Seven

Thank you all for the warm and friendly comments wink

Little update: 

I was in Maranello on last Monday. I had a Ferrari Factory Tour. The last time I was in Maranello was in 1998. At that time, F355 was the latest mid-engine V8 Ferrari.

I was very impressed by the Factory and Ferrari's Formula Uomo project. Here is a link for this innovative action of Ferrari which can explain it much better than me: http://www.ferrari.com/English/about_ferrari/Pages/Formula_Uomo.aspx

While visiting "Corsa Cliente" garages and the facility near the Fiorano Circuit, we heard a Formula 1 race car in the circuit and then we saw the car lapping the Fiorano. Since FIA forbids the F1 testing, we became more curious what was going on. Then, it is explained by our tour guide that some of the ex-Formula 1 single-seater owners rent the circuit and come Maranello to drive their single seater angelangel This is very special and no other company can offer this kind of service 

In addition to this, it is very special to have a race car at the factory which will be involved in 10 events all over the Europe and once you buy the car (Enzo FXX and 599XX) you directly attend these events. This is again something you cannot get any where else.

Ferrari is so special and it makes you feel very special. In the assembly line, there were about 50-55 cars being produced and seeing them all together made my hair raised. Later on the day, we also visited Maserati Factory. We got into assembly line there, too and I felt nothing. By the way, I was told that Maserati will present new Quattroporte in Sept. and the Grand Tourismo will have a facelift next year. The new Turbo engines of the Maserati cars were tested in Ferrari Engine Assembly.

The whole small village was all about Ferrari. We stayed at Maranello Palace on Sunday night and on Monday morning I woke up with the sound of the Ferraris that were put on road testing by the Factory Final Inspection department. All in all, I feel very lucky soon-to own one. We had our flight back at 18:45, so couldn't spend more time in the Ferrari Museum, Push-start, Warm-up and so on.

At the end of the day, I was 100% sure about my decision. No Porsche can make me feel this way, evenif it is a better/faster model. If I couldn't afford 458, even an F430 would be just fine with me. My love towards Ferrari gets triple time bigger after my visit. It is very special to be part of this.

BTW, I didn't make any changes on my spec. Grigio titanio with cuoio is an excellent choice for me. Silverstone was a little dark for my taste and chiccolate was too classic and too elegant for me. Stock dashboard alum. trim matches perfectly with the exterior color and Carbon steering wheel/paddles make beautiful contrast with the painted dash and the painted steering wheel. 

So, I have to wait another 4 months but hey, "good things come to those who wait" smiley

--

ONUR

11 E92 M3 CP 

I am happy for you. I remember the feeling... :)

--

There is no try. Just do.

Onur, like you the factory visit did marry me to Ferrari. It is a special treat one I will never forget. That said, my wife spent the entire time admiring a Bergen bag a woman from Japan was carrying. Apparently, that was her Ferrari.indecision

--

nberry:

Onur, like you the factory visit did marry me to Ferrari. It is a special treat one I will never forget. That said, my wife spent the entire time admiring a Bergen bag a woman from Japan was carrying. Apparently, that was her Ferrari.indecision

My wife was impressed by the factory, too and understand my passion with Ferrari Smiley

In the end, she told me that I did the right thing with ordering the 458. She also got very excited.

--

ONUR

11 E92 M3 CP 

pride355:

In the end, she told me that I did the right thing with ordering the 458.

Your wife must love you very much to say this Smiley Smiley

--

"Form follows function"

Onur,

I'm glad the factory visit was a very special experience for you. There is something magical about going there knowing you are going to take delivery of a new car and witnessing first hand how they are built.

The wait between now and delivery will be excruciating but worth it kiss

Nice to hear your Maranello trip story - its something we can all relate to very well. I was there recently too for an F12 viewing and to visit the Tailor Made department. Next time make sure you go and have lunch or dinner at Cafe Montana as well where you may well bump in to Alonso et al.

crayphile:

Nice to hear your Maranello trip story - its something we can all relate to very well. I was there recently too for an F12 viewing and to visit the Tailor Made department. Next time make sure you go and have lunch or dinner at Cafe Montana as well where you may well bump in to Alonso et al.

Actually we did it; didn't I mention it Smiley

The food was excellent, so were the decoration on the walls.

--

ONUR

11 E92 M3 CP 

pride355:

No Porsche can make me feel this way, evenif it is a better/faster model. If I couldn't afford 458, even an F430 would be just fine with me. My love towards Ferrari gets triple time bigger after my visit. It is very special to be part of this.

When have you been to Weissach the last time? Smiley

I get it though...you were in a good mood, Maranello is fantastic and you're waiting for your baby to arrive.  Smiley

Thanks for sharing your experience with us...where are the pictures??? Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (at Porsche right now), BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Here is a little update on my order:

It has been almost 5 months since I put my order. I have been very quiet during this period. BUT last week my 458 had been in production and last Monday, it came out of the factory. Yesterday, I received the invoice with VIN. Tomorrow I'll wire the money. Hopefully, by the end of next week, the truck will pick-up the car from the dealer to bring it here.

When I get the VIN number, I checked the car data from the Factory, with the help of my friend. Surprisingly, a mistake was made during putting the order. I had ordered grigio chiaro stitching (STC2) on cuoio leather but regret not getting beige chiaro. However, when I checked the specs of my car from the factory, I learned that the car comes with beige chiaro stitching indecision I don't know how it happened. I did specify the car with Michelin tires and it even came with those tires but it has been a mistake with stitching and it comes out a good surprise.

So, finally I have come the final part of the waiting period. :)

--

ONUR

WAITING FOR THE BEST CAR EVER smiley

11 E92 M3 CP - 09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777847 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441947 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262896 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261119 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85385 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5652 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880800 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    816311 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM