Crown

Board: Porsche - Boxster Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL : Porsche Boxster 981

silver wheels look great with Guards Red .. no reason to spend £801 to get wheels painted black; plus black wheels always make a car look like it has no wheels.

Jonathanbr:

I can see an expensive retro fitting of PSE next spring to my car coming up!

PSE has now appeared on the UK configurator at a price of £1,473 together with a recording when you click on the "i" button- sounds terrific!

--

Porsche 997 Carrera S PDK Aqua Blue / Black - Toyota Yaris D4D  "Clockwork Rat"

Thanks Dreamcar

spotted this last night, togther with the various interior trim finishes that are now avialable to order but are not yet in production - it appears that the configurator adds the new options 3 months before it goes into production.

My specification is now frozen so if i feel the need i'll look at the option of adding the PSE next year. I think a deal can often be done through the parts and service department - i remember asking about winter tyres that were priced at £2300 before and being offered a deal at less than £2000.

Jonathanbr:

. I think a deal can often be done through the parts and service department - i remember asking about winter tyres that were priced at £2300 before and being offered a deal at less than £2000.

Yes - I remember when  I had PSE retrofitted to our 06 Boxster S I got around 10% off list price. Shame you can't get 10% off the whole car!!

--

Interesting one about discounts on cars - I was offered significant discounts on new 987 models at the end of 2011 before deciding to wait for the 981 - probably the wrong decision financially but it does show there are deals to be done at times on run out models

Pulled the thrigger today Smiley White / Yachting Blue  PDK 981 S with all the driving dynamic options, PSE Smiley and quite some Exclusive options - delivery July Smiley Will post full thread tomorrow - this baby looks incredible in white Smiley

--

public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

CONGRATULATIONS !!  My order will be EXACTLY the same !!  Currently listed my 2007 Carrera 4S for sale and looking forward to getting back into the mid-engined platform.............;-)

Congrats PJ! kiss Awesome! Sounds like a great spec'ed Boxster wink

--

997.2 Carrera S in Carrara White. PASM-Sport Suspension (-20 mm), PSE.

987.1 Boxster S in Arctic Silver. OZ Racing Ultraleggera Wheels, H&R Monotube Coil-Over Suspension, H&R Anti-Roll Bars, Sachs Racing Clutch, Single-Mass Flywheel, IPD Plenum, GT3 Throttle Body, Recaro Pole Position Seats, PSE, Alpine Head Unit and Amplifier, Focal Speakers

Porsche-Jeck:

Pulled the thrigger today Smiley White / Yachting Blue  PDK 981 S with all the driving dynamic options, PSE Smiley and quite some Exclusive options - delivery July Smiley Will post full thread tomorrow - this baby looks incredible in white Smiley

Many congratulations PJ very pleased for you both. As you know that's exactly the same colour choice we would have chosen. It will indeed be a beautiful car and I'm sure a worthy successor to your equally tasteful seal grey  / cocoa 987S Smiley

We had a long drive yesterday in our 997S to visit SWMBO's mother and are now content that at long last we have a worthy replacement for our 06 Boxster S. Smiley Hopefully we will be able to see your new baby when we visit Germany August / September time. Smiley

--

Jonathanbr:

Interesting one about discounts on cars - I was offered significant discounts on new 987 models at the end of 2011 before deciding to wait for the 981 - probably the wrong decision financially but it does show there are deals to be done at times on run out models

Probably the right decision financially  Smiley - depreciation on late 987's will be horrific. Smiley

--

dreamcar:
    Jonathanbr:

Probably the right decision financially  Smiley - depreciation on late 987's will be horrific. Smiley

Probably with exception of the 987 Spyder. They don't seem to move much price-wise (if at all) Smiley

--

987.1 Boxster S in Arctic Silver. OZ Racing Ultraleggera Wheels, H&R Monotube Coil-Over Suspension, H&R Anti-Roll Bars, Sachs Racing Clutch, Single-Mass Flywheel, IPD Plenum, GT3 Throttle Body, Recaro Pole Position Seats, PSE, Alpine Head Unit and Amplifier, Focal Speakers

Read an article in one russian auto magazine where Rohrl was interviewed. The new turbo engine will appear in Cayman, probable in 2013 - 2,5l 365hp. That will be great car! Rohrl told)))

--

sportcars-history.com

Dave63:

CONGRATULATIONS !!  My order will be EXACTLY the same !!  Currently listed my 2007 Carrera 4S for sale and looking forward to getting back into the mid-engined platform.............;-)

Excellent choice, Dave - congrats on making the decision Smiley

@ blluelines and DC: thanks for the good wishes - much appreciated Smiley DC, I am really happy that you finally picked the right car for your needs again - really looking forward to your visit in summer. I am already working on a scenic route with a ban for Opel cars SmileySmiley

--

public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

Porsche-Jeck:
    Dave63:

Excellent choice, Dave - congrats on making the decision Smiley

@ blluelines and DC: thanks for the good wishes - much appreciated Smiley DC, I am really happy that you finally picked the right car for your needs again - really looking forward to your visit in summer. I am already working on a scenic route with a ban for Opel cars SmileySmiley

Looking fwd to it PJ - even now I wince occasionally when I see a Zafira......Smiley

--

PJ, what a great car, many congratulations. wink

981 in your configuration will be quite an expensive Boxster (guess you missed this one), but I'm sure you won't regret a single thing. kiss

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Thanks a lot, Rossi Smiley I knew that the special smiley would appear in your posting Smiley As for the price tag: the motto was "better an expensive Boxster than a cheap Carrera" Smiley

--

Porsche-Jeck:

As for the price tag: the motto was "better an expensive Boxster than a cheap Carrera" Smiley

Absolutely. Smiley

I would even dare to say that a Boxster S like the one you've just ordered is also the better car than a 991 Carrera, no matter how you will spec it. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    Porsche-Jeck:

As for the price tag: the motto was "better an expensive Boxster than a cheap Carrera" Smiley

Absolutely. Smiley

I would even dare to say that a Boxster S like the one you've just ordered is also the better car than a 991 Carrera, no matter how you will spec it. Smiley

As you are posting in the Boxster forum you have permission to remove the Smiley smiley and to replace it with the special Rossi smiley SmileySmiley

--

kiss

Hi Guys. This is a great forum and I am happy to be part of it.

I recently also pulled the trigger on a Guards Red with Black interior and 20 inch black rims like in the evo video.

I think it looks stunning.... sooo sexy and agressive at the same time, bringing true meaning to the word sports car.

Other major Options include:

PSE, Sports Chrono, PDK, PASM,  BOSE sound system,,,,,,and oh yes , those damn floor mats! indecision

Can't wait!

I havent seen the color combo in person, but I hope I made the right decision.

wesker:

I recently also pulled the trigger on a Guards Red with Black interior and 20 inch black rims like in the evo video.

Congratulations! Smiley Great color combination too. I had Guards Red with black interior on my previous 997 4S. Very nice and sporty look! Will look even better on the Boxster with contrasting black roof.

I am so tempted... Smiley

--

wesker:

Hi Guys. This is a great forum and I am happy to be part of it.

I think it looks stunning.... sooo sexy and agressive at the same time, bringing true meaning to the word sports car.

Other major Options include:

PSE, Sports Chrono, PDK, PASM,  BOSE sound system,,,,,,and oh yes , those damn floor mats! indecision

Can't wait!

I havent seen the color combo in person, but I hope I made the right decision.

Congratulations wesker sounds a superb choice. Welcome to Rennteam and hope you get as much out of this great forum as I have over the years. Smiley

--

Testdrive of 981S in swedish auto motor & sport. The colour scheme is awesome. GT-silver, red interiour and black wheels kiss. You'll probably not understand a word, but it's worth a look on the car in motion.. He likes the car very much, but don't like cabs in general and think that the Cayman would be worth waiting for....

don't forget to click on "HD" below the movie to get the better image quality

http://www.automotorsport.se/filmer/20120416/provkord-porsche-boxster-s/

--

Tack Lukas! kiss

--

Lukas:

for a non PSE car, it sounded very good!

sfo:
    Lukas:

for a non PSE car, it sounded very good!

Here's another non-PSE 981:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m2QuS5s330&hd=1

Lukas:

Testdrive of 981S in swedish auto motor & sport. The colour scheme is awesome. GT-silver, red interiour and black wheels kiss. You'll probably not understand a word, but it's worth a look on the car in motion.. He likes the car very much, but don't like cabs in general and think that the Cayman would be worth waiting for....

don't forget to click on "HD" below the movie to get the better image quality

this does not look like GT Silver to me; more like Platinum Silver. Other opinions?

That is definitely platinum.

Hi All... I've been following this forum since I heard about the new Boxster back in January. Thanks everyone for the great advice and content posted. I've really needed all the help that I can get in choosing the spec of my new car. I still have time before it is fixed but hopefully I'm close to a final decision! This has been a fantastic forum!

Thanks Lukas for posting the Swedish review. First time I've seen a car close to my colour combination. Platinum Silver, Carrera Red and those gorgeous black wheels. Only differences being that my Boxster S will have the the roll bars in Platinum Silver and the roof will be black. The wheels and roof have been the hardest choices. Black or red roof? 20" Carrera S or 20" Carrera Classic wheels? Will be great to see what photos of new combinations of colour and trim emerge over the next few weeks as there are some more road tests and the first lucky customers get their cars.

SJamesH:

Black or red roof? 

red roof everytime .. it picks out the interior, the brake calipers and the red rear lights.

also if the roof is down, you will have silver/black/silver/red (these 3 colours do not go so close together) instead of silver/red/silver/red.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776802 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441558 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262695 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260838 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85111 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5516 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880552 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815695 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM