Crown

Board: Porsche - Boxster Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

981 S spec - comments welcome

After the unavoidable agonizing over the colour choices I put the signature on the dotted line for the following spec:

OQ - exterior color white

2V - top blue

EZ - leather yachting blue

498 - model designation delete

CNL - lower housing of exterior mirrors in exterior color

546 - roll-over bar in exterior color paint finish

748 - electrically folding exterior mirrors

CAC - air intakes in exterior color paint finish

CNG - rear apron in exterior color paint finish

636 - park assist front and rear

551 - mesh wind defender

P04 - sport seats plus

XSH - safety belts in silver-grey

573 - 2-zone automatic aircon

583 - smoking package

CWK - car key in exterior color

810 - floor mats

454 - cruise control

342 - seat heating

423 - 20" Carrera S wheel

XD9 - wheel in exterior color paint finish

220 - PTV

XLF - PSE

639 - Sport Chrono

250 - PDK

475 - PASM

840 - Sport Design steering wheel

490 - Sound Package Plus

Delivery target schedule July Smiley

I had the opportunity to see a white 981 in the flesh yesterday and I think white goes really well with the new and more edgy design elements of the car. This tipped us over from Aquablue to White (besides blueline's comments - just kidding   Smiley)

--

public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

Re: 981 S spec - comments welcome

You sure you ordered that car for you and not us? Pretty much identical to what we'd have gone for!

I would have also added TPMS - the reassurance of seeing the tyre pressures always on display is so reassuring and we definitely miss it on our 997. The dynamic bixenon lights are really good and just a little point - coloured wheel centres?

Truly magnificent car and many congratulations. Smiley

--

Porsche 997 Carrera S PDK Aqua Blue / Black - Toyota Yaris D4D  "Clockwork Rat"

You might want to reconsider the blue top. Since the folding cloth roof no longer has a steel cover when lowered, blue may lighten in color or show road grime much sooner. Smiley Park assist? Its a pretty small car.Smiley Enjoy all of the other goodies! Congratulations !kiss

Great choice of options! kiss Should be an awesome car. I guess your wife will be driving the GT3 when you get your hands on this one indecision

--

997.2 Carrera S in Carrara White. PASM-Sport Suspension (-20 mm), PSE.

987.1 Boxster S in Arctic Silver. OZ Racing Ultraleggera Wheels, H&R Monotube Coil-Over Suspension, H&R Anti-Roll Bars, Sachs Racing Clutch, Single-Mass Flywheel, IPD Plenum, GT3 Throttle Body, Recaro Pole Position Seats, PSE, Alpine Head Unit and Amplifier, Focal Speakers

JimFlat6:

You might want to reconsider the blue top. As the folding cloth roof no longer has a steel cover when lowered, blue may lighten in color or show road grime much sooner than previous models. Parks assist? Its a pretty small car. Enjoy all of the other goodies! Congratulations !kiss

Thanks, Jim Smiley Park assist: the car will be Mrs. PJ's daily driver Smiley Kidding aside, her office garage space is very narrow and tricky to enter....good point with the cloth roof, though I hope we will be o.k. as the car - though definitely not a garage queen - almost always parks in a garage and the intensity of the sunbeams in my neck of the woods unfortunately is not even close to California or Florida.

@ DC: yes, I thought it would be almost an authentic DC spec Smiley The coloured wheelcaps come automatically with the painted wheels Smiley Thanks for reminding me of the TPMS - considered it, but actually never missed it in either the GT3 or the 987S, maybe because I'm a tire pressure geek checking the pressure very often (after a couple of laps with the GT3Smiley and after a couple of days with the Boxster). We skipped the dynamic lights because it's very rare for us to drive winding country roads in the dark.

--

public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

bluelines:. I guess your wife will be driving the GT3 when you get your hands on this one indecision

LoL Smiley Must check whether Park Assist can be fitted into the GT3 Smiley

--

Congrats to your wifekiss She has excellent taste.

It will be a very striking car in white with all the colour coded bits including the wheels.

My only comment is that the 981S wouldn't need 20" wheels either for looks or performance. Handling may also be sweeter on the standard 19".

--

"Form follows function"

Congratulations PJ on your order Smiley

Very happy for you and your wife Smiley

It's clear that a lot of careful thought went into getting the spec just right Smiley

I wouldn't change a thing ....

Can you clarify - the wheels are painted white as well or black?

And now for the long wait till delivery ... you should make plans for driving it over the summer Smiley

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

No PCM? Or have I looked over it?

PJ - congratulations on a very, very beautiful and tasteful order. [The color scheme is very nautical; this can be your land yacht!]

You'll truly love the 981, Porsche's mid-engine platform hits a sweet spot that no other car does. I would have ordered one in a very similar spec, give or take a few additional options such as Bose [I love my music when the top is up and the PSE can't be enjoyed to the fullest], heated/ventilated seats and TPMS, but then again I'm a picky customer, haha.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product in July. Again, congratulations to you and Mrs. PJ; you deserve it.

rulesdontapply

JimFlat6:

After all she married me Smiley Thanks Jim, will forward your congrats Smiley

@ reginos: you make an excellent point regarding the wheels. Actually we are not fully decided yet. Simply ticked the 20" Carrera S box because my wife loved the pics in the Porsche Exclusive booklet. Tough choice Smiley

19_Inch.JPG 20_Inch.JPG

--

Porsche-Jeck:
    JimFlat6:

After all she married me Smiley Thanks Jim, will forward your congrats Smiley

@ reginos: you make an excellent point regarding the wheels. Actually we are not fully decided yet. Simply ticked the 20" Carrera S box because my wife loved the pics in the Porsche Exclusive booklet. Tough choice Smiley

19_Inch.JPG 20_Inch.JPG

One other point regarding the 20" wheels, they do look great but possibly might make the brakes look a bit weedy, even though of course they are not. Smiley

--

Porsche 997 Carrera S PDK Aqua Blue / Black - Toyota Yaris D4D  "Clockwork Rat"

easy_rider911:

Congratulations PJ on your order Smiley

Very happy for you and your wife Smiley

Can you clarify - the wheels are painted white as well or black?

Thanks, Easy Smiley The pics should answer your question re the wheel color Smiley

@ Gdvw05: no PCM indeed, for us it's simply not worth the money as we need satnav only once a year or so - when enjoying a holiday tour in the Alps....and then every little detour is welcome Smiley

@ rulesdontapply: thanks for the nice words, mate Smiley Nautical makes sense, as the car has the "sailing" function Smiley BTW my wife and I love sailing indeed, though not at 277 km/h Smiley

First pic I could take from a 981S in white....still with protective wear. Sales guy said it's already painted in the new white, hard to tell any difference from Carrara White, but then it was a rather dark garage...

white_front.JPG

--

dreamcar:

One other point regarding the 20" wheels, they do look great but possibly might make the brakes look a bit weedy, even though of course they are not. Smiley

Yes, DC - very true and actually a point why I am not a big fan of the ever growing wheel sizes Smiley Though I hope that the white painted wheels distract a bit from the optical effect - should be more visible with darker wheels due to the strong color contrast wheels vs. brake discs Smiley

--

Porsche-Jeck:
    Sales guy said it's already painted in the new white, hard to tell any difference from Carrara White, but then it was a rather dark garage...

white_front.JPG

I thought white is in production from June or July only, and that carrara white continues until then

sfo:

I thought white is in production from June or July only, and that carrara white continues until then

Yes, I know - sfo. Still the sales guy insisted that this specific car was already painted in the new white. Maybe some kind of "test mule" for the new color Smiley

--

Porsche-Jeck:
    sfo:

Yes, I know - sfo. Still the sales guy insisted that this specific car was already painted in the new white. Maybe some kind of "test mule" for the new color Smiley

sales guys are known to get their 'facts' wrong :)

sfo:

Smiley As a colleague of mine (a guy from the sales department) uses to say when I have some doubts about what he's claiming: "Trust me, I am a sales man" (big grin on his face...) Smiley

--

Porsche-Jeck:
    sfo:

Smiley As a colleague of mine (a guy from the sales department) uses to say when I have some doubts about what he's claiming: "Trust me, I am a sales man" (big grin on his face...) Smiley

almost as bad as "trust me, I am a lawyer" Smiley

Many congrats Achim - superb spec by the wife, maybe with a little help from you..

At least with the 981 you won't need to anguish over black stone guards or not on a white car..

BTW - what does the.... '583 - smoking package' comprise...

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

John H:

At least with the 981 you won't need to anguish over black stone guards or not on a white car..

Yes - good observation, John Smiley Thanks for the good wishes Smiley Of course we don't smoke in the Porsche (it's enough when the tires smoke Smiley) but I strongly recommend to everyone getting one of these babies considering the smoking package, because without you have an (IMO) ugly "hole" at the rear end of the rear center console, whereas with the smoking package you get a lid on this hole (with an ashtray under the lid): looks simply better and it's a no cost option Smiley

--

Awesome ride, PJ..

Many congrats to you and the Mrs..kiss...

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

PJ,

Excellent choice with the car. But, IMO, you make it "too white". If I were you, I would leave the black parts as they are on exterior and pick 19" wheels.

Enjoy her in good health kiss

--

ONUR

11 E92 M3 CP 

09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

Achim - you are turning into a collector. All quiet and then this. Nice choice. I actually have to admit this is the first time I am interested in the Baby Porsche. It is slowly morphing into a real sports car and replacement of the 911 of old.

Two comments on spec. Not sure on the color. I know it is a personal matter but think it can handle a bit more color. But if you do get white dont get the white rims. Also not sure which rims I would prefer, but leaning towards the GT3 style ones. Easy choices...

Enjoy in good health...

TEE

--
    Off enjoying my car...

Sweet little car! We're are thinking about one ourselves (to replace our trusty E93 with).

TEE:

Achim - you are turning into a collector. 

Thomas, my second name is not Mike and I am not living in sunny South Africa - my budget is only good enough for a Baby Porsche and a used GT3 Smiley  You' and Onur are right- I must think harder about the color thingie Smiley  Alternative is Aquablue ( probably colorful enough for you, but not endorsed by blluelines Smiley) with Agathe / Pebble bicolor full leather and Carrera S wheels in Platinum finish Smiley

--

PJ, may I suggest a colour scheme?

Carrara White (not the other white which is too white IMO)
    Carrera Red interior
    Black painted wheels
    Black hood

Of course, colour schemes are totally subjective ... your proposed scheme is great too ... it's just personal taste :)

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

Great suggestion, Easy - very sporty Smiley Unfortunately the Carrera Red is too red for us Smiley We already considered White with Flamenco Red, but it takes Exclusive ages to build it. The same goes for our favourite PTS color - Riviera Smiley

--

In retrospect, I think I would have gone for black wheels - the brake dust issue is a very real one.... unless, of course, you can stretch to PCCB's ... just thinking..

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689304 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409080 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255690 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234943 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65498 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857889 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773890 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM