Crown

Board: Porsche - Carrera GT / 918 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 918 latest news Thread Closed

http://thesupercarkids.com/19-porsche-carrera-gts-at-lake-garda/

Every Year the Porsche Centre Stuttgart offer their Carrera GT customers an exclusive tour. This year they took their clients for 3 days to Lake Garda in Italy. For about €2,000 each the Carrera GT customers had an incredible week-end driving fantastic routes offering beautiful landscapes and very nice roads. To finish it all of they offered a lot of varied programmes and stayed in an exclusive Hotel as well...... yadda yadda

One of the CGTs even had Florida license plates.

BjoernB:
    pgouveia:

It is possible to know the name of the hotel ?...the view is stunning !

Hotel LeFay in Gargnano -  wink

Hush! You are not allowed to tell the name before Monday! Smiley   Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

indecision

--

Rossi:
    BjoernB:
    pgouveia:

It is possible to know the name of the hotel ?...the view is stunning !

Hotel LeFay in Gargnano -  wink

Hush! You are not allowed to tell the name before Monday! Smiley   Smiley

--

I actually posted - then read the comments - deleted it again - but obviously didn't work Smiley

I recommended this hotel a couple of times before when the RT-community talked about Lake Garda - and I also know why they have choosen this place - the drive up to the hotel is worth to stay there Smiley

Here some IAA pics from Saturday.

Open front with roof parts:

IMG_5443.JPG

Love it

IMG_5437.JPG

The 2 $$$$$€€€€€-Colors:

IMG_5452.JPGIMG_5451.JPG

Which bank has to be robbed, to take possession of this beauty?

Maybe only the National Bank has the amount needed… 

Weissach-Package car in the secret room:

IMG_5447.JPGIMG_5446.JPG

Inside the Exclusive-room and outside at the public-stand.

Blueflame wink

IMG_5449.JPGIMG_5459.JPG

Gnil:

I think I saw Rossi's car smiley  but not RC' s 

And bye bye for the anonymity . That video shows so many license plates .

It is anyway a joke to think that such a venue can stay ' private '.

If you want it to be private, you don't go into public areas with such displacements .

You don't seem to understand: I promised, I had a deal. What the participants do is out of my responsibility. 

There was no "secret" about it...where did I ever mention it?

You guys make it harder and harder for us to actually want to maintain Rennteam. Seriously. Smiley

Thanks a lot for your support. Smiley

Now I know why each time we are invited to official events, we are asked to keep our mouth shut. Never understood it, now I do more than before. I keep my promises, if others don't, it is not my fault. 

At some point, we will stop running this forum. Not that we haven't discussed it before many times. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Oct. 5th 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Boyko23:

Which bank has to be robbed, to take possession of this beauty?

Maybe only the National Bank has the amount needed… 

How about hard work and intelligent financial decisions instead? Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Oct. 5th 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

RC:
    You don't seem to understand: I promised, I had a deal. What the participants do is out of my responsibility. 

There was no "secret" about it...where did I ever mention it?

You guys make it harder and harder for us to actually want to maintain Rennteam. Seriously. Smiley

Thanks a lot for your support. Smiley

Now I know why each time we are invited to official events, we are asked to keep our mouth shut. Never understood it, now I do more than before. I keep my promises, if others don't, it is not my fault. 

At some point, we will stop running this forum. Not that we haven't discussed it before many times. Smiley

--

I understand very well that you made a promise and had to respect it . It is normal you did not post anything.

Don't take every remark too seriously .... ww are here mainly to ' relax' and have a little break in our busy day lifes Smiley

My remark was more general, as often people make a fuss about their anonymity , asking confidentiality , but then are not realistic about the situation and specially the internet world we are living in.

So, what is going on with Rennteam ? Tired to be the only moderator/forum runner to keep it going ?

Smiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Gnil:

My remark was more general, as often people make a fuss about their anonymity , asking confidentiality , but then are not realistic about the situation and specially the internet world we are living in.

This is the reason we cannot post 90% of the stuff we know or hear because people just follow the "lead" and in the end, someone is paying a "price" for that. The only reason we get so much information is because people trust us. If the trust is gone...well... Smiley

So, what is going on with Rennteam ? Tired to be the only moderator/forum runner to keep it going ?

Smiley

I am not the only one, even if at times it may seem so but I am just fed up with the attitude of some people.

We are not here to win a competition who publishes information first or to investigate claims and information and prove someone wrong. We just pass along some information and thats it. It may be correct, it may be not. People who know us for the past 10 years or so know what to believe and what not.

Whenever we post something, somebody else comes and questions it or tries to prove this is wrong or different. We are just a bunch of car enthusiasts who want to have fun and we do not ask for money, so this is free stuff without any strings attached. You can imagine how hurt we feel if somebody starts to question what we post or even make fun of it. Even worse, when we have confidential information but are allowed to post a part of it and then everybody jumps the train and tries to extract more and more information, no matter how.

I work hard and every free minute during work, I put into Rennteam. Same goes to many of the moderators. So it doesn't always feel right if we kind of get disrespected. Don't misunderstand me: I am not criticizing people for correcting us and/or having a different opinion (this is something completely different). It is just the way it happens sometimes, especially when we ask to keep something under wraps for various reasons we cannot disclose. The better this works, the more information we get from our sources. If our sources notice that their information cannot be kept "safe" because people aren't satisfied with little bits of information, they won't feed us any information anymore. That simple.

--

Looking good in blue (the 918, not Walter indecision):

918 blue.jpg

--

It compliments his eyes (Walter's not the 918)! indecision

Poor Walter...a lot of PR work to do for him lately. 

--

RC:

Poor Walter...a lot of PR work to do for him lately. 

sure he wont be doing it for free, I reckon he is rackin in the €euros...I now see where all your  991 options money goes Smiley

RC:

Our Rennteam team on the way for a fun weekend in Italy... (918 and about 20 Carrera GT).  indecision

(click on photo for larger display)

Sorry guys, no more photos (privacy request).

918.jpg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

RC, why even post it in the first place then? I make a big deal about privacy so I can understand the car owners demands. Then maybe you could have waited until the event was over... Once it is posted and one person saw it, it is all over.

Good point. Next time... kiss

I just wanted to provide some nice photos but apparently the curiosity where the photos come from is greater than the pleasure of viewing them. Smiley I learned my lesson.

Btw: @Rossi. The cars were at the hotel the whole time, they didn't leave. They have surveillance there but I really didn't want some crazy people with cameras driving up there and destroying the privacy. OK?!

Like I said...lesson learned.

--

RC:

Smiley

RC:
    Btw: @Rossi. The cars were at the hotel the whole time, they didn't leave. They have surveillance there but I really didn't want some crazy people with cameras driving up there and destroying the privacy. OK?!

The time you post a picture of a hotel, somebody will recognise this hotel. I did for example, it's a beautiful place. And I'm sure many others did as well. So it makes no sense not to name the hotel, since everybody clever enough surely can identify it by looking at the pic only. The angle, the view on Lake Garda, the height from which the pic was taken and such stuff makes it even easy to identify, even if you have never been there. To think no-one knows where it is after posting such a pic is wishful thinking. Smiley

BTW, I was only posting the name of the hotel here as a direct answer to the question of pgouveia. Some further information I was giving - which is available for everybody on the internet - was posted later on.

--

I do not worry about you recognizing the hotel. Also, this would require some "digging", etc., some people may not be that clever or skillful. Why make it easier for them?

You can nitpick everything I say but this doesn't mean it gets better... 

--

RC:

You can nitpick everything I say but this doesn't mean it gets better... 

My dear Christian, you are the biggest nitpicker in the first place. Smiley Smiley Smiley

--

Since I posted the name I feel the need to comment : as posted by Gnil - I find it ridiculous to make a "such a secret" about this as this convoy has been photographed/filmed for sure a "couple" of times - and actually knowing a participant who owns 2 GT's - all of them were very relaxed about it. (not only them stayed there...btw) Furthermore you cannot enter the premises without having a booking - it's no "drive in" hotel.....

I absolutely loved the picture RC posted with all the cars - hence I felt to comment as I go to this place a couple of times a year - nothing more nothing less...

RC:

I just wanted to provide some nice photos but apparently the curiosity where the photos come from is greater than the pleasure of viewing them. Smiley I learned my lesson.

RC, you say that as if the pleasure of viewing the photos would eliminate any curiosity about where they were taken, whereas showing the photos would in fact quite obviously increase the curiosity about the event. It was unrealistic to expect anything else. Smiley
    It's all about management of expectations.
    In the same way as you recently complained that your son couldn't sleep due to being psyched up about your new car. Who got him into that state in the first place by hyping up the situation?  Smiley

--

fritz

fritz, like I said before...I learned my lesson. wink

@BjoernB: I don't know who you knew in the CGT convoy but most of the participants wanted to keep it private, incl. the driver of the 918 (who works for Porsche...now I said it). If one or two drivers don't care, well...this is probably why the video and other photos made the internet. I know for a fact that at least one owner isn't too pleased about that.

I am sorry but we can respect privacy if we try but if someone thinks that information is more important than privacy and that CGT owners shouldn't be surprised if their license plates are viewed by millions of people, then I wonder why so many of you actually care about privacy at all. Let's just post our home address and phone numbers in the forum and let the fun begin. 

Like I said...nitpicking...and it isn't me.

Lesson learned, we keep 90% of the stuff we learn/see for us because it just isn't worth it. yes

We do not make a living out of Rennteam, so there is no reason to violate the privacy of others and/or even threaten their jobs.

--

RC:

@BjoernB: I don't know who you knew in the CGT convoy but most of the participants wanted to keep it private, incl. the driver of the 918 (who works for Porsche...now I said it). If one or two drivers don't care, well...this is probably why the video and other photos made the internet. I know for a fact that at least one owner isn't too pleased about that.

I am sorry but we can respect privacy if we try but if someone thinks that information is more important than privacy and that CGT owners shouldn't be surprised if their license plates are viewed by millions of people, then I wonder why so many of you actually care about privacy at all. Let's just post our home address and phone numbers in the forum and let the fun begin. 

Speaking about privacy...

Now this is the Festspiele Bregenz with their current performance "Die Zauberflöte" from Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart:

Maybe a bit cheesy this pic. Smiley

This opera is shown at the Festspielhaus Bregenz, directly located at the Lake Constance (beautiful place BTW):

festspielhaus_luft.jpg

In both pics you can see the big empty space in front of the Festspielhaus.

On a warm and sunny day, like the last late summer weekend for example, this very place looks more like this:

Or this:

Or maybe this:

So there's a lot of space and many people strolling around:

festspielhaus.jpg

Well, the following pic was taken last Sunday at the very same place:

CGT bregenz.jpg

Now let's talk about privacy again. Smiley

--

I don't see any license plates and/or faces. 

--

RC:

I don't see any license plates and/or faces. 

For license plates just watch the video. Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690266 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409599 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255908 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235141 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65626 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858309 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774535 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM