Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

More FF photos

Here are some photos of my FF ( my photography does not do it justice though!). I have gone for a subdued GT look with Grigio Titanio exterior  and Cioccolato interior with carbon accents. As previously noted, the car looks much lower and sleeker in person than in photos. I've reported on the handling previously, and I remain  convinced that Ferrari has created a wholly new category of vehicle which is currently only occupied by the FF.

DSC_0098.JPG

Re: More FF photos

DSC_0077.JPG

DSC04359.JPG

DSC_0036.JPG

DSC_0077.JPG

IMG_1451.jpg

DSC_0100.JPG

Wow - impressive photos ... very nice colour combo.

The roof profile to me has a resemblence to the BMW M Roadster (or whatever it was called) but albeit in a Ferrari stretched style.

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

I have yet to see one in person so I remain of the opinion it is an odd looking car. Reminds me of a gym shoe.

Your color combinations are well thought out. The interior is gorgeous.Smiley

--

This is a fantastic looking car! kiss

Incredibly tastefull car. You must be so happy. 

Fantastic color choice for the Gran Turismo.

The car really looks awesome in person rather than the photo.  I think the sheer size has something to do with it.  Really feels like driving something special with that fabulous V12.

Beautifully done interior, congrats! Happy motoringwink

The FF really is an übercool sports car with four seats and a trunk. Much more usable in that sense than a strict two seater, or for that sake a 911 with very small seats in the back. The best thing though is, that as a car, just as a driving machine, forgetting everything about four seats and practicality, it is absolutely incredible. I have not been this excited after test driving a car since I drove my first Porsche 15 years ago. The engine is revving free and fast like real a race car engine (similar feeling to when pressing the gas quickly on my 73 RS which says a lot...), the sound is just lovely, the steering is light, but very precise, it looks like something that just landed from Mars with incredible presence.

I understand that the looks divide, some love it, some hate it (although quite a  bite fewer after seeing it live), but I can´t see how any petrolhead could not love to drive it! Bravo Ferrari!

Everyone  - Thanks for your kind feedback.

TurboRalf - I think you have summed it up nicely - I too was a convert only after the drive in Maranello. With due respect to the Panamera Turbo ( and the Turbo S ) they do not belong in the same category despite all the logic of cost savings etc.

crayphile:
    With due respect to the Panamera Turbo ( and the Turbo S ) they do not belong in the same category despite all the logic of cost savings etc.

Could you please elaborate on this statement using tangible real world criteria. Forget rarity and the "Ferrari mystique" for a moment.

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:
    crayphile:
    With due respect to the Panamera Turbo ( and the Turbo S ) they do not belong in the same category despite all the logic of cost savings etc.

Could you please elaborate on this statement using tangible real world criteria. Forget rarity and the "Ferrari mystique" for a moment.

Normally aspirated engine versus turbocharged. V12 sound vs V8 + turbocharger sound. Permanent four wheel drive in the Porsche versus the new Ferrari system. Price point and rarity. Interior design very different in both cars, and let's face it, much more special in the FF.

To be clear, I am no one-eyed - Tifosi, I'm a big Porsche fan and multiple owner as well Smiley

crayphile:
    reginos:
    crayphile:

Normally aspirated engine versus turbocharged. V12 sound vs V8 + turbocharger sound. Permanent four wheel drive in the Porsche versus the new Ferrari system. Price point and rarity. Interior design very different in both cars, and let's face it, much more special in the FF.

To be clear, I am no one-eyed - Tifosi, I'm a big Porsche fan and multiple owner as well Smiley

We await your driving impressions too, as the miles pile up.

Enjoy this new addition to your garage Smiley

--

"Form follows function"

I´ll step in on that as well.

I was getting increasingly frustrated that I was not driving my 997 Turbo enough because the family did not fit (two kids, 2 and 5). The Panamera has been growing on me and I have now come to a point where I think that a black Panamera with RS Spyder wheels looks quite cool. I therefore started to look at the Panamera as an alternative and test drove the Panamera 4, Panamera Turbo and the Panamera Turbo S. Conclusion: I love the interior (probably best in the world), the exterior has real presence, they are really fast cars that you can drive like you stole them, but in my world they lack a lot in driving involvement, even the Turbo S. This has also been documented in many tests. I did not test the 4S or the new GTS which might be different.

The Ferrari on the other has all the cons of the Panamera, but with a driving experience that is out of this world. You get out of the car, almost sweating and say to yourself "my gosh, that was unbelievable". Fast as a rocket, but with a normally aspirated engine that goes to 8500 RRPM, gas response that is twice as quick as the Panamera, a sound to die for, precise steering and absolutely no understeer. Incredible. 

I am a down to earth Porsche racing guy, not a show driver. I have big difficulties with the impression people would get of me in a Ferrari (I live in a small town), but the FF as a car, forgetting everything about the brand etc., is just too good to pass on.  

Thank you for your clear exposition.

I wonder if the Panamera could recover some of the lost ground in real world situations (a recognized Porsche forte)  like day to day driving, long distance journeys, bad weather driving, less than perfect roads etc. 

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

Thank you for your clear exposition.

I wonder if the Panamera could recover some of the lost ground in real world situations (a recognized Porsche forte)  like day to day driving, long distance journeys, bad weather driving, less than perfect roads etc. 

--

"Form follows function"

I doubt it - the FF can genuinely be driven in all weathers  - its not just in the launch video. I used it in the snow here in the UK (without winter tyres) and I can tell you it did a whole lot better than my Cayenne Turbo.

Crayphile: I guess for a long, fast and relaxing journey on the Autobahn the Panamera is the better choice? The only question I asked myself after the test drive was how it will feel when you are not in race mode. Is it then too much, and not relaxing at all, or will it handle this as well? Also the Panamera has the advantage of not beeing a Ferrari and blends in better as a daily drive, I guess. 

There is nothing like the Ferrari driving experience. By all accounts the FF delivers this in spades. I really want to warm up to the car by I just cannot get past the tennis shoe styling.

--

I can chime in on the daily driving feel part of FF.

I guess the V12 sound is really loud to a point of tiring for some Porschephile standard.  However, this is still a fabulous soulful sound, which no Porsche (currently without a V12 or V10) can offer.

I could feel the immediate changes in the magnetic suspension when switching the manettino to 'Comfort' mode.  

This change from Sport to Comfort is much more obvious and effective when compared to the Panamera Turbo, in terms of absorbing road shocks and how the car rides over the bumps.  

I almost signed the contract after the test drive and still thinking about the car a few days after the test drive.  The only sane part of my brain (whatever is left over after the heart pounding engine noise) is stopping me.

TurboRalf:

Crayphile: I guess for a long, fast and relaxing journey on the Autobahn the Panamera is the better choice? The only question I asked myself after the test drive was how it will feel when you are not in race mode. Is it then too much, and not relaxing at all, or will it handle this as well? Also the Panamera has the advantage of not beeing a Ferrari and blends in better as a daily drive, I guess. 

Not really a problem as you would most likely do the long drive in Comfort or Sport mode, and the more raucous engine note will only come in when you overtake. With the dual clutch system these cars will happily stay in 7th gear even at high speeds.

crayphile:
    TurboRalf:

Not really a problem as you would most likely do the long drive in Comfort or Sport mode, and the more raucous engine note will only come in when you overtake. With the dual clutch system these cars will happily stay in 7th gear even at high speeds.

The only reason I feel slightly embarassed driving an F car is people that might see me while the exhaust valves open... Not that nice when employees of your's or you friends' are around. Other than that, it's an absolute joy! Smiley

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

REALZEUS:
    crayphile:
    TurboRalf:

The only reason I feel slightly embarassed driving an F car is people that might see me while the exhaust valves open... Not that nice when employees of your's or you friends' are around. Other than that, it's an absolute joy! Smiley

In the present economic climate in most places, someone has to be mad to drive in front of  his employees even in a "silent"  Ferrari. Smiley

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:
    REALZEUS:
    crayphile:
    TurboRalf:

In the present economic climate in most places, someone has to be mad to drive in front of  his employees even in a "silent"  Ferrari. Smiley

--

"Form follows function"

+1

And it's not only the economic climate, but the global environmental consciousness as a whole. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Very tasty color combo. Enjoy her as much as you can wink

--

ONUR

11 E92 M3 CP 

09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

What color stiching do you have Crayphile?

Are you happy with your color choice (I guess you know why I'm asking ;) ) ?

--

ONUR

11 E92 M3 CP 

09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691057 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410182 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256228 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235421 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65750 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858825 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775124 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM