Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Finally my 2012 Cayenne Turbo is here!!

Hi Darius would be interested in hearing the sport exhaust. kiss

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

C'mon Darius, let us be part of your excitement. We don't need a promise but vids....
    :-) :-)
    --
    Kind regards, Conny 

Porsche 997.2 Turbo S  *  BMW X5 M

As a daily driver, the Cayenne Turbo must be perfect. Fast but comfortable with lots of room for the family and even the business, absolutely perfect. Right now I'm really considering one but my son still wants me to get a 991 Turbo (which apparently again would be a garage queen only... yes). Not sure what to do...make my kid happy or my pocket ?!

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Mmmh, I think you can't compare both. They fulfil very different needs. The new 991 TT will be again the world leading sport car in it's class. Of course your son would be happy to see this car in your garage. If you want to have such a car don't hesitate. The best one you can get IMHO. But a 911 never ever can substitute a 4 door daily driver.
    Go with a 4 door ( BMW, Porsche, whatever) AND with the 991 TT.

I've just tested a Alpina B 7 xdrive. A perfect car with 4 doors, AWD, comfort, spacious and enough power for the daily business.
    --
    Kind regards, Conny 

Porsche 997.2 Turbo S  *  BMW X5 M

Guys i have a video,but is not great,sure next week end i will make another and i will post it.

Yesterday i put on winter wheels with 19" rims...i hate them, the car looks horrible,i put on Porsche 17mm spacers on the back,and is better but on the front officially,nothing is available,to stay on the right side i put on 5mm that i have at home,but looks horrible the same.
    Can't wait spring arrives... :-)

Christian,i'm thinking too to the 991 Turbo,but really i don't whant to take out a lot of money for a car i drive twice a month.

I find the Cayenne Turbo a really great car,is fast more than necessary,the interior is comfortable ,the high drive position give you a good view in traffic,i can't find bad thing...as said before is a good compromise between a sport car and a family car,and with a kid/kids i think you understand me well.
    --

997TT RS Tuning stage II,2011 Cayenne Turbo

Conny997:
    Mmmh, I think you can't compare both. They fulfil very different needs. The new 991 TT will be again the world leading sport car in it's class. Of course your son would be happy to see this car in your garage. If you want to have such a car don't hesitate. The best one you can get IMHO. But a 911 never ever can substitute a 4 door daily driver.
    Go with a 4 door ( BMW, Porsche, whatever) AND with the 991 TT.

I've just tested a Alpina B 7 xdrive. A perfect car with 4 doors, AWD, comfort, spacious and enough power for the daily business.

Conny, I agree. However: I still have two smaller kids and I will need a family car for at least another 10 years or so. Two Porsche is out of the question, I also can't afford to get two very expensive cars at the same time anymore.

Like Dario, I think that driving a Porsche on a daily basis is much better than having a Porsche garage queen. I know that a Cayenne Turbo (S) could never replace a Porsche 911 but if I'm able to drive one Porsche only, I need one where I could move my family with too. The Panamera Turbo S is still my favorite but this car is too big for my wife (she feels much more comfortable with the Cayenne) and way too flashy for my customers/patients. The Cayenne is a good compromise.

Perfect combo for me would be Cayenne Turbo S and 991 GT3 but since the world isn't perfect and I don't have the money, I need to go for a compromise. Money burning is no option (anymore).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

RC:

Perfect combo for me would be Cayenne Turbo S and 991 GT3 but since the world isn't perfect and I don't have the money, I need to go for a compromise. Money burning is no option (anymore).

It does no harm to dream though. Often expecting things is a greater pleasure than them happening and it helps to keep us going. I imagine myself with a Cayenne TTS, a 991 S and a BMW M3 and 2 or 3 motorcycles. I even configure these vehicles and think that one day they might materialise. Big pleasure at no cost Smiley

--

"Form follows function"

Super Darius:

Updateindecision

After 3 and half months,i had only 2000 kms on the speedo,maybe i work too much and i have only a few time free(Also for RennTeam surprise )

i love the car,is really fast and i'm starting to think to sell my 997TT,due i made only 300kms in the last 3 months,this Cayenne is really a great compromise.

Coming back to us,i made the first mod:

Cargraphic Super Sound export exhaust.

angelangel

now it sound,when i start up in the garage is like to start a motorcycle with an open exhaust.

hahahah

as soon as i have time i will post a video!

Dario you have one of the best looking cayenne Smiley.

Goditi le macchine prima che ci pensi Monti.... SmileySmiley

--

Mini Clubman  S

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

reginos:
    RC:

It does no harm to dream though. Often expecting things is a greater pleasure than them happening and it helps to keep us going. I imagine myself with a Cayenne TTS, a 991 S and a BMW M3 and 2 or 3 motorcycles. I even configure these vehicles and think that one day they might materialise. Big pleasure at no cost Smiley

Yes and no. I actually enjoy dreaming of a new car after I actually ordered it. I really enjoy thinking about it and how it is going to be but sometimes it takes just too long. Smiley

To be honest, I actually would love to configure my car on the internet and go to the dealer the next day to pick it up. I know this isn't possible...yet...but it sounds great to me. Smiley

--

RC, I totally understand and agree with you about the Cayenne being the best option for you now.  I have loved my CTS as a family (wife, daughter 16 and son 10) car with Porsche power and quality build.  For this point in my life, it is the best "compromise".  I too must watch my spending with two kids headed to college in the near future.

But I warn you, the desire for another Porsche never diminishes.  I am currently almost consumed with the idea of a Panamera Turbo S.  Whether I jump at it (irrationally) or not, the desire is there.  So, like Conny says, get the Cayenne and enjoy the dream.  It might just come true.  Life is not for the timid...

Imo, the Panamera turbo and the Cayenne turbo are totally ahead of the competition in their respective market segments,it's a clear case of product superiority recognition not (only) by the press and the the professional testers, but by the paying ( a hefty premium over competition btw) buyers who actually test drive/live with the cars.

I don't think snobbery is a buying motivation here,as i read somewhere inhere, it's simply the fact that Porsche has done the best job here and it would take a major effort from any other mark to equal the total package in the Cayenne turbo's case and to a large extent in the Panamera turbo's too

hugo:

Imo, the Panamera turbo and the Cayenne turbo are totally ahead of the competition in their respective market segments,it's a clear case of product superiority recognition not (only) by the press and the the professional testers, but by the paying ( a hefty premium over competition btw) buyers who actually test drive/live with the cars.

I don't think snobbery is a buying motivation here,as i read somewhere inhere, it's simply the fact that Porsche has done the best job here and it would take a major effort from any other mark to equal the total package in the Cayenne turbo's case and to a large extent in the Panamera turbo's too

There is no doubt about it, the Panamera Turbo and the Cayenne Turbo are both each one of the best products in their class but not really sure if they are the best, especially looking at cost. Take the X5 M for example: This car is amazing. I can't imagine what the Cayenne Turbo could do better but I also have to admit that the Cayenne interior looks classier and more modern. The Mercedes S  63 AMG is also a pretty amazing product, not as sporty as the Panamera Turbo maybe but very good.

Bottom line is: If one is looking for the best performance in it's class, the Cayenne Turbo Powerkit and the Panamera Turbo S are the cars to go with, no doubt. Cost however is essential for some people since for me for example, both would be daily drivers/family cars and not the cars I would choose for passion (even if I would still love to own them).

@Wonderbar: The Porsche virus infected me a long time ago but the very negative experience with the "old" Cayenne and friends/neighbors/customers perception of that car, somehow made it difficult for me, to keep my faith in Porsche. They (Porsche) have done a remarkable job in visually downsizing the new Cayenne, absolutely stunning. So very likely, my next Porsche (November 2012) is going to be the Cayenne Turbo with powerkit or the Turbo S (not sure though that it will be available by that time). Another possibility would be to wait for the facelift and the slight power increase, according to rumors, the facelifted Cayenne Turbo gets 530 horses, with the Turbo S hitting 560-570 HP.

--

I guess you haven't seen this:

Like Heaven and Earth.

Smiley

hi Darius, I am looking for a Cayenne Turbo now as well :)

Your pics were the ones that inspired me to buy a Cayenne, beautiful choices.  I am considering umber and just wanted to ask you - what is the interior color scheme you chose? Umber & Light Tartufo? wink

cheers!!

I'm happy you like my picsSmiley

Yes mine inside is Umber and light tartufo,i like it and if must take another one,i will take like this again.

Car is amazing,you will never regret!Smiley

Smiley

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II,2011 Cayenne Turbo

dxpetrov:

I guess you haven't seen this:

Like Heaven and Earth.

Smiley

I've seen it but unfortunately they were too dumb to completely turn off the DSC on the X5M (which is possible) and this actually made the X5M slower on the track because the DSC came on all the time. 

I like this video very much because it actually shows what professional drivers can do with a SUV and how fast these beasts are, not only on the straight-line.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (May 2012 delivery), Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

They were comparing both with DSC on I guess, and what I understood it showed how much better the Cayenne had, not really intervening at all but only when necessary.

Really doubtful it would've been any different with DSC off, if the mentioned was the case.

dxpetrov:

They were comparing both with DSC on I guess, and what I understood it showed how much better the Cayenne had, not really intervening at all but only when necessary.

Really doubtful it would've been any different with DSC off, if the mentioned was the case.

DSC and PSM were turned off (otherwise you would have never seen this spectacular footage). Unfortunately to completely turn of DSC on the X5M, you need to press the button much longer. They didn't know that (which was kind of pathetic, causing a serious outrage on the official german M Forum). The Cayenne Turbo can't beat the X5M on the track, both achieve very similar track performance times, with a tiny advantage for the X5M because the throttle response is much better. You should really drive the X5M. Just imagine you are not sitting in a SUV and trust me, you will forget soon. I didn't choose the X5M for no reason but what I can't excuse on this marvelous car is...the engine/exhaust sound. Absolutely horrible, the Cayenne Turbo sounds divine compared to the X5M. I also hate the somehow boring interior of the X5M but driving the X5M is a lot of fun, very fast car and the stealth look is unbeatable.

Would I buy the X5M again? Well, difficult to tell. The Cayenne Turbo is much more expensive, aprox. 30k EUR more with similar options (incl.  rebate) but with similar performance. I would choose the Cayenne Turbo over the X5M if money doesn't really matter but the X5M has a fantastic throttle response for a turbo charged car, something I would probably miss on the Cayenne Turbo. Unfortunately it is that fantastic throttle response which is responsible for the horrible exhaust/engine sound of the X5M. You can't have it all...apparently. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (May 2012 delivery), Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

RC,
    ordering now, would you order an x5m? I just sold my x5d, styling no so good, but you make a god case for the m on performance
    we rented a new cayenne turbo to drive up to sStanford (350 miles) and I was shocked how fast it was, no s needed.  But neither I or my wife wnt to drive one daily, Xkr coupe in her case ad 991s cab in mine
    it's an amazing all around car, not giving up much for my long road trips and best for dirt roads... The sky roof s great lie the BMW one... Interior much improved.
    the rental had a horrible feature, braking the car automatically when I'd pull out tp pass near the car in front

RC:
    dxpetrov:

DSC and PSM were turned off (otherwise you would have never seen this spectacular footage). Unfortunately to completely turn of DSC on the X5M, you need to press the button much longer. They didn't know that (which was kind of pathetic, causing a serious outrage on the official german M Forum). The Cayenne Turbo can't beat the X5M on the track, both achieve very similar track performance times, with a tiny advantage for the X5M because the throttle response is much better. You should really drive the X5M. Just imagine you are not sitting in a SUV and trust me, you will forget soon. I didn't choose the X5M for no reason but what I can't excuse on this marvelous car is...the engine/exhaust sound. Absolutely horrible, the Cayenne Turbo sounds divine compared to the X5M. I also hate the somehow boring interior of the X5M but driving the X5M is a lot of fun, very fast car and the stealth look is unbeatable.

Would I buy the X5M again? Well, difficult to tell. The Cayenne Turbo is much more expensive, aprox. 30k EUR more with similar options (incl.  rebate) but with similar performance. I would choose the Cayenne Turbo over the X5M if money doesn't really matter but the X5M has a fantastic throttle response for a turbo charged car, something I would probably miss on the Cayenne Turbo. Unfortunately it is that fantastic throttle response which is responsible for the horrible exhaust/engine sound of the X5M. You can't have it all...apparently. Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    761321 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    434727 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260161 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257319 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80833 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5314 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

871599 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    806855 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM