Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 991 spyshots thread (continued) (for UNRELEASED models only) Thread Closed

Seriously, you care about the roof ACTION?
    So except the looks in open and closed position, you also want the roof to look good in the intermediate positions?
    Wow, I thought I was demanding! :-) wink

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Ziggy:
    Boxster Coupe GTS:

991 Carrera S Cabriolet unveiled at the Detriot Auto Show 2012...

"Ah, so the 991 cab at Detroit actually previews the 2014 GT2's rear wing!" -- Chris Harris

Smiley SmileySmiley

SmileySmileySmiley

Smiley

--

2005 997S Blk/Blk

Joost:

So except the looks in open and closed position, you also want the roof to look good in the intermediate positions?

guess he is unhappy that only the car's going topless in the pic Smiley

Smiley

LOL,

NOW I understand what he's coming from; if I get a striptease, I am not only satisfied if the girl in question is looking good naked, she should also take off her clothes in a sexy way... smiley

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

An interpretation of a future Porsche 991 GT3 RS...

2013_porsche_911_gt3_rs_by_tktuning.jpg

...thanks to "tktuning" for the image!

Smiley SmileySmiley

Joost:

LOL,

NOW I understand what he's coming from; if I get a striptease, I am not only satisfied if the girl in question is looking good naked, she should also take off her clothes in a sexy way... smiley

You don't want her to stand there straight up like a mannequin and simple drop all her clothes in a pile like a college dorn room.

Joost:

LOL compared to BMW/Mercedes the roof action looks a bit pre-historic... especially the roof lock. it's a dream car so I'm more demanding than for a car that my wife would drive the kids in :)  SmileySmiley

Boys and gals...

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/277375/porsche_911_gt3_spies.html

dxpetrov:

Boys and gals...

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/277375/porsche_911_gt3_spies.html

"Reports suggest that Porsche will not offer a PDK gearbox with the 991 GT3, so a six-speed manual will be the only option."  

I hope this information is totally wrong.

--

"Form follows function"

I think I remember someone from porsche saying that the 991GT3 will be getting a manual initially, but that doens't mean that the facelift will not get the S-PDK they are working on. They have confirmed several times that they were working on a S-PDK for the GT3 but that they still had to solve some issues like weight for it to have a go, so maybe it just won't be ready in time for the 991GT3 launch 

--

I think it's likely that the GT3 gets manual and GT3RS gets PDK (no option on either).

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs).  Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550 Maranello

dxpetrov:

Boys and gals...

Yes please.  I think it's time to put down a holding deposit!  Smiley

I think we won't see a manual in the new gt3. New PDK based manual is inferior to the old 6spd and such won't make it into GT3. Only reason why the previous GT3 didn't have the PDK is the engine which was old Metzger air-cooled and such wasn't applicable to PDK.

Only PDK in new 991 GT3 I forsee. Even new Porsche Cup cars get paddle shifters...

Agreed. New 991 gt3 will likely be pdk based...

Hmm, new GT3 wheels with centre locking.

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:

Hmm, new GT3 wheels with centre locking.

...not keen on these wheels...

...or those yellow spokes! Smiley

I suspect these wheels are for testing purposes hence the odd color.

--

2006 997 C2S Cab, Triple Black,  2006 Cayenne Titanium Iceland Silver Metalic New York

I like the 7 spoke wheels (obviously without the yellow).

The wing seems a little, i don't know, delicate? Thin? unimposing?

--
    Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

It seems to me the rear of this GT3 is wider than the C2 cars.  Is it based on the C4 body ?

--
    Happy Driving

I just hope that this rear spoiler is not the final product enlightened

--

BlackOctober:

I just hope that this rear spoiler is not the final product enlightened

Final product, no. Final size and shape, very likely. This is the GT3, not the GT3 RS. The RS will get a bigger wing for those with a big ego. Smiley Smiley Just kidding...not really a fan of wings or spoilers.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (May 2012 delivery), Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

i too have my issue with these massive wings. they should offer it as a free option for those who track the car.

i believe for normal highway and city driving the retractable spoiler will do.

i am sure there are enough buyers out there for a gt2 and gt3 as a road version.

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

agree - however, those set up's are comming from extensive windtunnel testing and if you alter the back you have to alter the front as well in order to keep it balanced and I am afraid it would take-out major cunks of the visual difference between a stock 911. My wife too had huge problems with the wing - but now says it fit's to the car overall appearance interior as well as exterior. Again a GT3RS is not a plush sofa and should always be a "raw" car - and I hope it stays like that as I am more and more becomming a fan of a substantial different feel in driving yr week-end toy vs yr daily communters and with "normal" 911's the gap is to small for me....

there should be a "delete" option to all and customize yr outside/inside car completely yrself saving weight - for those who don't want to pay the premium - but still keep the car as light as possible. I would be in with a carrera S for substantial less cost and totally stripped...

Ron (Houston):

It seems to me the rear of this GT3 is wider than the C2 cars.  Is it based on the C4 body ?

What C4 body..?  They haven't released the C4 and C4S yet, and we're looking at a GT3 mule..?!

--

Porsche Carrera GTS (2012); Porsche Cayenne Diesel (2012)

BjoernB:

agree - however, those set up's are comming from extensive windtunnel testing and if you alter the back you have to alter the front as well in order to keep it balanced and I am afraid it would take-out major cunks of the visual difference between a stock 911. My wife too had huge problems with the wing - but now says it fit's to the car overall appearance interior as well as exterior. Again a GT3RS is not a plush sofa and should always be a "raw" car - and I hope it stays like that as I am more and more becomming a fan of a substantial different feel in driving yr week-end toy vs yr daily communters and with "normal" 911's the gap is to small for me....

+1.  Smiley  Also, bear in mind that the wing is not there purely (or even primarily) for aesthetic reasons - it fulfills a purpose, namely enhancing the GT3's aerodynamics and providing downforce (or at least reducing lift).

On the GT3 RS the wing is there for homologation purposes too, as this road car is the basis for the racing 911s.

On the various basic GT3s, I'm not sure if it is really needed, as the normal Carrera S is as fast and the absence of the fixed wing isn't thought  to impair speed or safety. The 997.2 is as fast as the 996.2 GT3 and the 991 is as fast as the 997 GT3, but Porsche haven't thought necessary to add a wing to the newer models. Same with the optional Carrera Aerokit that is a copy of the GT3 aero-system. Is the Carrera S unsafe without the Aerokit? Porsche would have been irresponsible if that was the case.

Of course, if you do near Vmax speeds for long distances (like in autobahn driving) the downforce of the wing will help stability in various situations, like in cross winds etc.

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:
    dxpetrov:

Boys and gals...

"Reports suggest that Porsche will not offer a PDK gearbox with the 991 GT3, so a six-speed manual will be the only option."  

I hope this information is totally wrong.

And I hope his information is fully correctSmiley

by the way the CEO of Porsche said already the 991 will not have PDK, so I don’t know what there is left to discuss. The interview was posted here ..what will happen for 991.2 GT3 may be a different story..

The really interesting question is: 6 or 7 speed. 7 speed will be more economical but would be totally inadapted for racing…plus you would be carrying weight for nothing..so for racing purposed the answer is clear..6 speed. The question is, what will be more important: C02 or racing..? Porsche is in a dilemma here..

Two more things:

1. I hope the 991 will not have the panamera intererior..completely misplaced in a GT3
    2. E-steering and e-brake: not allowed in most racing series..what will happen in he GT3..?

Regarding 450HP, I said this here already before – it’s a mild increase and its OK..the current GT3 is already a capable car....ah, one more thing, the argument that the mezger engine was the reason for no PDK is not fully correct, the 2012 RSR has now one. But another issue is also liability, I cant see a PDK sustaining 50,000KM of full Nürburgring thunder..just look at the change interval for 997 CUP Cars for gearboxes…I don’t see 991 GT3 owners being willing to spent each 10,000Km 10,000€ for gearbox overhaul…!

Street use and racing use are not the same..

in the GT3RS MkII it actually generates 160 kgs downforce at 200 km/h which is a tremendous numbers as most sportcars do max a "zero lift" at that speed which is considered already good !

BjoernB:

there should be a "delete" option to all and customize yr outside/inside car completely yrself saving weight - for those who don't want to pay the premium - but still keep the car as light as possible. I would be in with a carrera S for substantial less cost and totally stripped...

HI Bjoern,

Smiley..Im like you - on the weekend I want a raw and basic - but still a fast car. Were suffering from too much "car boredom" anyway..but that I mean that whether you drive an Audi -bmw whatever - it feels all the same. The 997 GT3 is certainly different..the Gallardo also has this pedigree...that apparently the aventador lost already...its what I have read..not having driven the car..

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690920 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410089 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256162 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235384 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65736 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858759 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775050 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM