Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Telsa Model X (Faster than 911, roomier than Q7)

So here's some very exciting news from Telsa Motors:

Tesla is reported to show their new Model X on Feb 9th 2012. It should be a very important model for the electric car manufacturer.

The news comes courtesy of the enthusiasts over at the Tesla Motor Club forum. A member read in a recent copy of Barclays Capital research report that the Tesla's design studio in LA would be the setting for the Model X reveal. AutoblogGreen contacted Tesla to confirm, and was told that, "Yes, there will be a February 9th Model X event."

The upcoming reveal won't have been its first, however. The vehicle was shown to some institutional investor types just before Christmas and, going by a handful of tweets that went out across the internetz shortly thereafter, they were impressed. Quicker than a Porsche 911 and roomier than an Audi Q7, they say. Throw in all-wheel drive and this could get pretty interesting.

News Source: Tesla Motor Club

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

Re: Telsa Model X (Faster than 911, roomier than Q7)

Tesla would like all eyes to focus on its 2012 Model S electric sport sedan this week.

But there's a second model lurking in the background: the 2013 or 2014 Tesla Model X crossover, the next vehicle to use the platform that underlies the Model S.

A lot of information has emerged in bits and pieces over the years about the Model X. We chatted with Tesla executives and staff about their next vehicle, and here's the list of what we know--and what we suspect:

[UPDATE: Tesla Motors says it will officially unveil the Model X crossover in the first quarter of 2012 2013, and show off its new southern California design studio at the same time. CEO Elon Musk has been quoted as saying the company will show it to a select audience--presumably owners and strong prospects--before the end of the year. ]

We know for sure that ...

• The 2013  or 2014 Tesla Model X crossover will be unveiled in the first quarter of 2012 at the Los Angeles Auto Show in mid-November
    • Tesla will show the Model X to an invited audience before the end of this year
    • The vehicle will carry "seven full-size adults" in three full rows of seating, unlike the optional pair of child-sized jump seats in the rear of the Model S hatchback sedan
    • The Model X will have the same level of luxury as the Model S
    • Tesla hopes to sell up to 15,000 Model X vehicles a year, as Musk said in an August earnings call
    • The Model X will "incorporate the functionality of a minivan with the consumer appeal of a sports-utility vehicle," according to Tesla's SEC filings
    • In June, Tesla raised an additional $210 million to fund Model X development and related projects

We suspect that ...

• The Model X will cost as much as, or more than, the Model S
    • Its platform will have a longer wheelbase than the Model S sedan
    • The Tesla crossover will offer all-wheel drive, though we can't say whether it will be standard or optional

Speaking at a Cleantech summit in February, Tesla CEO Elon Musk said the Model X was destined to be the “coolest SUV” on the market. Given that most Tesla buyers likely have three or four cars in their household, it seems a logical line extension.

Tesla IPO presentation via Retail Roadshow

The first hints of the Model X's existence came in June 2010, with the release of slides from the company’s IPO presentation. Soon afterward, Musk confirmed that an electric SUV, dubbed the Model X, would arrive for 2014.

The Model X and other derivatives of the Model S platform, including a convertible, will be followed in three or four years by a new, higher-volume electric car that Tesla Motors [NSDQ:TSLA] hopes to price around $30,000.

The Fremont, California, plant has oceans of assembly space available for that vehicle and others, which might forego the aluminum construction of the Model S--at least in parts--for less-expensive pressed steel.

+++++++++++

Source: http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1066874_2013-tesla-model-x-crossover-what-we-know-before-nov-reveal

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

only sketch available so far...

--

That powerpoint needs a page showing what date they will pay back the 465 million dollars that Obama gave them or what date their executives will enter prison for theft if they can't pay it back.

Oh common, that loan is about the only sensible thing i've seen Obama do. If anything, it'll just be failed #295257925 government venture.

I have faith in Tesla and it's an exciting venture. Perhaps a bit early for the American but in 5 to 10 years people will go running to buy EVs.

--

Teslas stakeholders include Al Gore and the big VC guys and political contributors on Sand Hill Road who can well afford to risk their own money.

The Obama loan to Tesla, and Fisker as well, is a disgraceful example of chrony capitalism. 

Tesla is now stained. They might as well put Al Gores face on the hood with a caption that reads "screw you"

Atzporsche:

Oh common, that loan is about the only sensible thing i've seen Obama do. If anything, it'll just be failed #295257925 government venture.

I have faith in Tesla and it's an exciting venture. Perhaps a bit early for the American but in 5 to 10 years people will go running to buy EVs.

Remember the solar energy / solar panels hype ? Look what happened to the major players on the market.

Same will haven in the EV field: China will put some very cheap technology on the market and manufacturers like Tesla will be gone for good. Unless of course they are lucky enough and some larger company buys them earlier.

I made some good money on the Tesla stocks but I also watched a customer of mine go down with solar panels technology (he lost a lot of money, thanks god I didn't listen to him...I'm not too much into green technology Smiley), he lost half of his money and this means...a lot. As a hint, he just sold his SLS and got a C class Diesel instead. No kidding.

I rather stick to the stuff I use myself and know very well... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

JimFlat6:

That powerpoint needs a page showing what date they will pay back the 465 million dollars that Obama gave them or what date their executives will enter prison for theft if they can't pay it back.

Atzporsche:

Correct ATZ

Perhaps the fair weather fans will give Musk his due on Feb 18 when his Rocket is the first private company space vehicle to carry supplies to the ISS. If it succeeds, just another huge accomplishment for this guy. He and guys like Romney are what the US needs more of.

If Al Gore is any part of it I hope they go under.  I would never buy anything with that idiot involved.  That goes for govt. Motors as well. (GM)

Leawood911:

If Al Gore is any part of it I hope they go under.  I would never buy anything with that idiot involved.  That goes for govt. Motors as well. (GM)

That's a patriotic american!

Indeed, what Musk and Romney are made of is worth looking up to.

Looking forward very much to his SpaceX venture to go well.

--

Gonna ignore the mention of Al Gore....

Guys have a read through this: A Last mini-E lesson learned

--

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125383160812639013.html

Gore-Backed Car Firm Gets Large U.S. Loan

WASHINGTON -- A tiny car company backed by former Vice President Al Gore has just gotten a $529 million U.S. government loan to help build a hybrid sports car in Finland that will sell for about $89,000.

The award this week to California startup Fisker Automotive Inc. follows a $465 million government loan to Tesla Motors Inc., purveyors of a $109,000 British-built electric Roadster. Tesla is a California startup focusing on all-electric vehicles, with a number of celebrity endorsements that is backed by investors that have contributed to Democratic campaigns.

Read the whole article to see what thieves and asshats these people are.

JimFlat6:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125383160812639013.html

Gore-Backed Car Firm Gets Large U.S. Loan

WASHINGTON -- A tiny car company backed by former Vice President Al Gore has just gotten a $529 million U.S. government loan to help build a hybrid sports car in Finland that will sell for about $89,000.

The award this week to California startup Fisker Automotive Inc. follows a $465 million government loan to Tesla Motors Inc., purveyors of a $109,000 British-built electric Roadster. Tesla is a California startup focusing on all-electric vehicles, with a number of celebrity endorsements that is backed by investors that have contributed to Democratic campaigns.

Read the whole article to see what thieves and asshats these people are.

So what are you saying in regards to Tesla? Tesla is real and will be a driving force for economic renewal;

There is a video that I have seen of a BMW trying to keep up with a Model S in the hills outside Palo Alto, The BMW was being left in the dust. Tesla Model S - range, performance, looks, and value, all with no tailpipe and freeing us from the middle east, if only the govt. would make more mistakes like that.

http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/new-video-model-s-test-drive

racerx:

There is a video that I have seen of a BMW trying to keep up with a Model S in the hills outside Palo Alto, The BMW was being left in the dust. Tesla Model S - range, performance, looks, and value, all with no tailpipe and freeing us from the middle east, if only the govt. would make more mistakes like that.

This video has been removed by the user.

--

Mike

Carrera GT + Tesla Roadster 1.5 + Panamera Turbo +  BMW Z8 + BMW 3.0 CSi + Bentley Arnage T + GT3 RS 4.0

W8MM:
    racerx:

This video has been removed by the user.

Thanks Gilligan.     SmileySmiley

couldn't resist, in my first post, I said that, but buggy rennteam ate the post, in my replacement post I didn't bother to type that out, but I knew it. (as it is now I copy everything before I post it. such a pita)

In regards to Tesla, its a another case of Obama giving his financial backers government money to pay them back for their campaign contributions. Tesla did not need a government handout, they could obtain funds from their backers. So to give them Federal money was ridiculous and a obvious political payback. In some countries thats called corruption.

Teslas investors include PayPal mogul Elon Musk and Google co-founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin. They have plenty of their own money for Tesla! Instead they made the American taxpayers cover their 465 million dollar investment for them. That is sick.

Sick is the stupidity of Obama and Co. It is only sick to the people who ate his words last election and voted for him.

Governments need to steer the free market with financial incentives otherwise we'll be burning fuel forever.

--

Enough from the negative Fringe Set, who have been wrong since day 1!

Tesla is the Real Deal, Great World leading Tech, and a great product. Fast, cool sounding, great use of space for functionality and looks.

All they need to do to make this the perfect luxury sedan is hire the dashboard designer from BMW, otherwise it's a winner

So simple, but so intelligent and impressive

Top Structure

Bottom structure

Bizar moves on the Tesla stock. Friday down 19% today up 18%.

9:52 (Dow Jones) It's been a rocky road for Telsa Motors (TSLA), which fell 19% Friday after the resignation of two executives including the electric carmaker's chief engineer. Today, the stock nearly repairs Friday's losses, climbing 18% to $26.81 after a couple buy-on-weakness calls from the Street. Goldman Sachs upgrades to buy from neutral, says stock could hit $35 in six months and that the public's first glimpse of the Model X crossover next month could serve as a driver. Wunderlich upgrades TSLA to buy from hold, says resignations are unlikely to affect timing of the company's Model S sedan, which is gearing up for production later this year. (christopher.dieterich@dowjones.com)

I got in at 16.30 sold some at 34.71, but still have a position. 

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

I saw that on friday but did not have the balls to buy some more, even if I was tempted laugh

I am holding to my position.

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

As was previously posted in the "pretty dam impressive" thread about Tesla I was in on the IPO. $17 to $25. Then I made 2 profitable round trips in the summer on TSLA. Now I am out. I think it has gone from a story stock to a real industrial stock. But how do you value a real industrial stock before earnings and sales volume are known??

Great future but I have no intentions of buying it again until some time in the future.

The tax payer funding is more of the same money laundering. It's sick (in a bad way)..

Tom - So you have no intention on owning the stock long term (actually sold)  nor I believe owning a Tesla either or any electric but you're pumping them while poo poo'ing any negative comments? Come on bud, surely there's plenty of justification for being negative when something sooooooo terrific can't even survive on a level playing field with most other companies that don't get 100's of millions of tax payer funded gifts.. Makes me think the private equity guys (who unlike our govt actually risk THEIR OWN MONEY) must know something...

Mike- What do you think?

STRADALE:

Tom - So you have no intention on owning the stock long term (actually sold)  nor I believe owning a Tesla either or any electric but you're pumping them while poo poo'ing any negative comments?

Mike- What do you think?

"Pumping them" is teminology that implies doing something expecting a return. I can not see how anyone can be what I call a true "American" and not be "pumping" Tesla. This company and others like SpaceX and even Ford and Jeep are the backbone of a successful USA. Getting off foreign oil and having an advanced energy infra-strucutre (resources and distribution ie Grid) are necessities for a good future here.

Showing the Chinese HSR and Cities is my way of getting knowledge out about how behind we are. I care about this country, that is why i volunteered to serve it. A prosperous US will only come about by smart investment like Tesla. Whereas the negative, think of themselves crowd POO POO govt. trying to get industry going. This country was built by Govt. helping private industry to grow and thrive. We have already discussed. that

Reagan poisoned many otherwise smart folks into thinking it's bad. BS

As to me personally, you know very little of me, a year ago you could have believed my postings of motorcycles had no future, I may ride mine this afternoon.

Read this, according to the author we The US do not have the capacity to build enough proper steel for 1 lousy bridge

http://www.cnbc.com/id/45987724

If true it is disgraceful. Some would just like to roll over and let china become the new USA. That will happen if crazy Reagan BS is followed even though David Stockman has shot a shitload of holes in that failed theory. And it will also happen if Obummer continues in office. Mittens is the new wave.

I found this yesterday  http://www.jeffhead.com/worldwideaircraftcarriers/america.htm

I like military toys as much as the next guy, in fact a C-5 has just flown over my head 5 times while I post, but that is wasteful spending and with the proper energy policy and foreign policy we will not need to waste all this money on defense.

racerx:
    STRADALE:

Tom - So you have no intention on owning the stock long term (actually sold)  nor I believe owning a Tesla either or any electric but you're pumping them while poo poo'ing any negative comments?

Mike- What do you think?

"Pumping them" is teminology that implies doing something expecting a return. I can not see how anyone can be what I call a true "American" and not be "pumping" Tesla. This company and others like SpaceX and even Ford and Jeep are the backbone of a successful USA. Getting off foreign oil and having an advanced energy infra-strucutre (resources and distribution ie Grid) are necessities for a good future here.

Showing the Chinese HSR and Cities is my way of getting knowledge out about how behind we are. I care about this country, that is why i volunteered to serve it. A prosperous US will only come about by smart investment like Tesla. Whereas the negative, think of themselves crowd POO POO govt. trying to get industry going. This country was built by Govt. helping private industry to grow and thrive. We have already discussed. that

Reagan poisoned many otherwise smart folks into thinking it's bad. BS

As to me personally, you know very little of me, a year ago you could have believed my postings of motorcycles had no future, I may ride mine this afternoon.

racerx: “This country was built by Govt. helping private industry to grow and thrive”.-

With what did the “Govt help industry to grow & thrive” With private industries money??????

You need a history lesson about who built this country,, badly......  You have it completely reversed/backwards my friend. This country WAS NOT 'built by government helping the private sector'….. It was built by the PRIVATE sector, by individuals risking their own capital... It was possible BECAUSE the US govt was designed to stay out of the way, that's what the American Revolution was about!  Individual liberty!  That's what enabled this country to prosper, to grow, to thrive, NOT big government. ... Limited govt staying off the backs of inventors, entrepreneurs & hard workers who kept the fruits of their labor, inventions, patents.....  This country was BUILT by PRIVATE INDUSTRY, THE FREE MARKET... Government CANNOT CREATE WEALTH, it only consumes it.. ie) Soviet Union.... Even the bridges, roads, etc in the country are built with funds created by private sector companies & individuals...That's the problem;;;;;;;; For government to "help" Tesla it must first TAKE from tax payers (private industry) ... "Govt" "help" has actually done more to damage this country then anything else in the past 234 years, just look at our current situation… And when it does come to the govt. "helping private sector"; look at the absolute horrible trade deals our govt has negotiated which put US corporations at huge disadvantages.. The Chinese send skilled, hard as nails negotiators & we send cream puff politicians whom have never done a real business deal in their life!!!    The US has gone from the #1 most friendly place to do business to way down on the list because of all the new govt regulations and suffocating taxes. Corporations in America have the highest effective tax rates in the world.  And we've gone from being focused on creating more for everybody,  the result of a free market, thriving society to empowering a govt to take from some to distribute to others of their choosing. (Tesla)  We went over all of this; government can only consume, it creates nothing it hasn’t  first taken from private industry... That's why the Fed Govt.'s powers should be limited to the military, courts, etc.   

STRADALE:

The tax payer funding is more of the same money laundering. It's sick (in a bad way)..

Tom - So you have no intention on owning the stock long term (actually sold)  nor I believe owning a Tesla either or any electric but you're pumping them while poo poo'ing any negative comments? Come on bud, surely there's plenty of justification for being negative when something sooooooo terrific can't even survive on a level playing field with most other companies that don't get 100's of millions of tax payer funded gifts.. Makes me think the private equity guys (who unlike our govt actually risk THEIR OWN MONEY) must know something...

Mike- What do you think?

I'm only a customer and haven't ever been interested in owning company stock.  I'll leave decisions such as that to professionals that know more than do I.

My wife and I are customers for the Model S, but have not yet spec'd out a car.  We'll wait until Tesla has a convenient event where we can sample what 's for sale.  I'm leaning toward the 300 kWh battery and the "performance" motor controller.  We'll see.

Since I plan to partake of the product on offer, I feel disqualified to moralize on the government cash involved.  So, I abstain.

--

Mike

Carrera GT + Tesla Roadster 1.5 + Panamera Turbo +  BMW Z8 + BMW 3.0 CSi + Bentley Arnage T + GT3 RS 4.0

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    764805 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436815 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261180 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    258081 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82707 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5331 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

877140 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    809292 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM