Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: The moment I've been waiting for...

That is awesome, congratulations!

Thanks everyone for your congratulations!

We had a wonderful day. It was fun decorating our RS, albeit I couldn't really watch my daughter while she was putting whipped-cream on the car. blush  The rose petals smelled so intense that it rekindled memories of our wedding.

I surprised my sweetheart with a few well-selected last minute gifts. Yes, it gets more difficult every year. 

We wrapped up the day with dinner in the Hotel Ritz. The timing was perfect. The oceanfront restaurant was flooded with endless shades of warm light that only a sunset over the deep blue Pacific could create. The food and the service were excellent as always. kiss

Our GT3 was the perfect ride back home and seeing my wife strapped in with those red RS seat belts is priceless ... smiley

--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS 

Our GT3 was the perfect ride back home and seeing my wife strapped in with those red RS seat belts is priceless ... smiley

Smiley

Thanks for sharing the pictures and the story. All the best to you and your family. Smiley

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

Hi Pilot - many congrats on both love stories Smiley Sounds as if the RS became a proper family member Smiley

On another note, I guess the keyring of my GT3 looks familiar to you Smiley

insert.jpg  

--

public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

Porsche-Jeck : That is a very cool key-chain - where can I order that ? kiss

993Targa:

Smiley

Thanks for sharing the pictures and the story. All the best to you and your family. Smiley

Thank you so much! The whole event was a wonderful experience :)
    --

Porsche-Jeck:

Hi Pilot - many congrats on both love stories Smiley Sounds as if the RS became a proper family member Smiley

On another note, I guess the keyring of my GT3 looks familiar to you Smiley

Thank you for the congratulations Porsche-Jeck! Yes, the RS is definitely a part of the family :)

Great keyring! It sure does look familiar... Now that you mention it, I may have forgotten something on my aircraft ;)
    --

Budster:
    But I guess since it would be so easy to use that license plate to get private information about the owner and car, I am hesitant to do so.

But every person that passes you on the road sees your licence plate - you don't cover it up when you're driving... 

So what difference does it make if someone sees a picture of your car online?  They can't even follow you home for your address, which they could do any day of the week if someone wanted to defraud you.  If this was a real problem in the real world, there wouldn't be number plates as it would be anti-privacy.  (hey, maybe we should all go to the International Court of Human Rights!)

The ONLY additional piece of information they would have is a cheesy nickname and that fact that we probably take ourselves too seriously..?Smiley

So I'm still looking for the answer from someone...!

Sometimes people post photos, videos or stories about their adventures in their cars that it would be best to keep anonymous.

14 clicks away from 10,000 views! I never thought this thread would make it this far. Thank you all here on Rennteam!

What better way to celebrate than with some new photos of the car and my significant other cool. We went on a day trip to Palm Springs, which we always enjoy in the winter. It was one of those spectacular, clear days in the desert with comfortable warm temperatures of around 30 degrees C. By the way, I'm very pleased with the climate control in our RS kiss.

We had lunch at our favorite fish restaurant in Palm Springs and coffee and pastry in Palm Desert. After that we browsed through some of our favorite shops.

As the day was winding down we headed back home. The sun was about to set and we decided to shoot some more pics. We got off the freeway and found this beautiful location. I thought it was just perfect! Everything had to go quickly as the sunset here happens very fast, so I pulled over, turned on the flashers, and my wife grabbed the umbrella.

I hope you like the results ... smiley

--

angel  With pics like that you will pass the 20'000 views very quickly !! Thanks to you two beauties . blush

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Awesome!  Great to see you enjoying this incredible car so much.  Smiley

Fantastic Pilot, thanks for posting.
    BTW, if you have a son as well: http://www.megabloks.com/Shop/MEGA_Bloks/Need_For_Speed/Porsche_GT3_RS_95722/

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Gnil:

angel  With pics like that you will pass the 20'000 views very quickly !! Thanks to you two beauties . blush

Thanks Gnil ! Here is hoping for 20,000 views wink

PureBlue: Thank you so much! Hope to see more pics of you enjoying your new beauty too smiley

Joost: For a son? I could keep myself busy with that ... and if I need an excuse to buy it I can always say my daughter wants it

--

Congratulations again.

Beautiful photos, thanks for sharing. You must really love both... kiss

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Wonderful photos :) Thanks for sharing!

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

Just discovered this tread...how nice going through it for the last 30 minutes...awesome car, magnificent pictures and great skills at keeping the discussion and exchange going and going.

Look forward for more updates! Thanks for posting

Thank you all for the comments and kind words. It's my pleasure to share with you guys.

Pmpsch: Welcome to the thread! I am glad you found and enjoyed it.

I will post new photos as soon as I have more :)
    --

Merry Christmas everyone! Frohe Weihnachten! Joyeux noel! Feliz navidad! And happy holidays to anyone that I have left out... that is where my language skills stop wink

It was a beautiful Christmas day morning and I decided to take the RS for a spin. You would think the cops take a break for the holidays, but not here.

... for clarification, I didn't get a ticket, I saw two other guys getting them though. smiley

--

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L

Pilot:

Merry Christmas everyone! Frohe Weihnachten! Joyeux noel! Feliz navidad! And happy holidays to anyone that I have left out... that is where my language skills stop wink

It was a beautiful Christmas day morning and I decided to take the RS for a spin. You would think the cops take a break for the holidays, but not here.

... for clarification, I didn't get a ticket, I saw two other guys getting them though. smiley

No snow in California ? C'mon, you can do better. Smiley

Merry Christmas to you too, enjoy your ride. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

JAMS:

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L

Thanks JAMS! Your RS looks stunning as well. kiss

--

RC:

No snow in California ? C'mon, you can do better. Smiley

Merry Christmas to you too, enjoy your ride. Smiley

Hey RC, you know the RS doesn't do well in the snow. Besides I figured that California snow would be a good alternative to ordinary snow... and it looks almost the same, right?... smiley

--

Awesome, Pilot! kiss

here what i can say to your beauty  and well done for the pics kiss

--

997 GT3,Cayenne S, Cooper S & VW Cross Polo

Just magnificent!

Goal: Blue Moon Margarita

Location: Encounter Restaurant - Los Angeles International Airport

Estimated Time of Arrival: 1600 hours local time

After a low fly-by of the LAX Control Tower in our RS, my wife and I went into a shallow Earth orbit in the Encounter Restaurant for cocktails. The interior maintained a holiday atmosphere with lights and decorations that kept the mood cheerful yet elegant. From our seat at the bar we could see all the way to downtown LA, which was amazing. The only drawback to the restaurant is the early closing time, we had to approach the Exit sign much sooner than we wanted. But you know, even that wasn't so bad after we saw our supersonic transportation system waiting for us down below.

... Oh and here is the cocktail. Cheers! wink

... of course the cocktail was for the woman with the pink umbrella indecision, and the Pellegrino for the pilot smiley

To Porker, Cram, and Spyderidol: As always, thanks for your comments! kiss

--

Wonderfull photos, as always. kiss  Elegant, refined, yet unique and sporty kiss

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

You're having alot of fun :) Long may it continue!

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

Another Monday morning and the workweek begins... Lots of success everyone ;)

Last night my wife and I had a great night out with the RS— among other things we saw the new Polanski movie "Carnage" which really made us laugh. A lot.

easy_rider911- Yes, thank you we are having lots of fun :) Hope your fun continues a long time too! By the way, I saw on another thread that you are planning a trip to Hawaii soon. Have a safe and wonderful trip and in case you haven't considered it yet, I would highly recommend taking a helicopter tour with Blue Hawaiian Helicopters.

Gnil- Thanks very much! I try my best to capture the spirit of the car ;)
    --

"Batman" is back with some new photos! 

March is my birthday month, so naturally it's my favorite in the year smiley  My sweetheart had a very special gift for me: a custom, fitted suit from Italy that fits like a dream ... I'm so happy with it. The idea came from the movie "The American," which led us to Ermenegildo Zegna. Choosing the style, the fabric, color, lining, and the buttons reminded me of how we specced our RS. Zegna did a fine job and had it shipped over here just in time for the occasion.

The photos are from this morning. My daughter and I got up very early to allow us to catch the sunrise. It was cold and the wind made it even colder.

The car performed flawlessly as always. The first service was in February, and the only non-routine maintenance was an engine software update. Porsche Long Beach was very friendly and professional, they dropped us off for breakfast in an RC style car-- great machine the Panamera-- which allowed my wife and I to enjoy ourselves while our RS was on the lift. Currently I have 4700 fun miles on the odometer and can't wait for the next drive ...

I should be posting more photos soon, stay tuned kiss

Enjoy!

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/17/24 7:48 AM
    GnilM
    661979 1775
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    401133 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    254588 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    229148 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    59503 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4378 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

853477 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    761769 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM