Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Which new car should RC get: Cayenne or Panamera?!!

RC:
    dxpetrov:

Yes, I agree. Panamera to me is the one with Porsche V8 in it. No place in there for Audi engines (as good as they may be)!

Most people I know, including two Panamera owners, actually think that the Panamera is a revamped VW Phaeton. Smiley A couple of days ago, when I mentioned to the husband of one of my wife's friends that I'm considering getting a Panamera, he seriously looked at me and asked me why I would pay so much money for a Volkswagen. Smiley

The whole VW/Porsche discussion in the media kind of confused people and I don't think this is a good thing but apparently those who are really interested in Porsche products, couldn't care less. Smiley The Cayenne and the Panamera sell very well in Germany.

The Panamera should help you at work then RC. Tell your clients its only a VWSmiley

Gilmour:
    RC:
    dxpetrov:

Yes, I agree. Panamera to me is the one with Porsche V8 in it. No place in there for Audi engines (as good as they may be)!

Most people I know, including two Panamera owners, actually think that the Panamera is a revamped VW Phaeton. Smiley A couple of days ago, when I mentioned to the husband of one of my wife's friends that I'm considering getting a Panamera, he seriously looked at me and asked me why I would pay so much money for a Volkswagen. Smiley

The whole VW/Porsche discussion in the media kind of confused people and I don't think this is a good thing but apparently those who are really interested in Porsche products, couldn't care less. Smiley The Cayenne and the Panamera sell very well in Germany.

The Panamera should help you at work then RC. Tell your clients its only a VWSmiley

The problem is what they think it costs and a Panamera is considered to be a "rich" person's car over here. Good idea though. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

The Cayenne TT is a great choice RC!  

As soon as there will be more on the market i might take the plunge too. Unless i get scared by the consumption and opt for the diesel. Btw. did you check the average consumption of the Cayenne TT? it would be helpful to know from your direct experience....

--

turbolite

Average fuel consumption Cayenne Turbo: 22 l / 100 km...real life experience. Average should be somewhere around 20 l / 100 km if you drive "normally". Not really that great I'm afraid but I was also driving with "Sport" active, so maybe it is slightly less. I can't see however how to get 14 l / 100 km on average, unless you drive very slow and only at a constant speed.

Here is my Cayenne Turbo (configuration). I'm not sure about the interior yet, alternative would be black with red stiching but kids and wife want a lighter colored interior and this is actually the only color I like (the others are too light).

ctpk1.png

ctpk2.png

ctpk3.png

ctpk4.png

ctpk5.png

Porsche should really improve the configuration generator, you can barely see the carbon (full carbon incl. steering wheel).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

This is how the Panamera Turbo S I configured looks alikepanas1.png

--

Yes RC, I can see that your customers will be satisfied with this cheap looking truck...not!

It looks great - even better than my wife's black cayenne diesel..!
    --

Porsche Carrera GTS (2012); Porsche Cayenne Diesel (2012)

Budster:
    Yes RC, I can see that your customers will be satisfied with this cheap looking truck...not!

It looks great - even better than my wife's black cayenne diesel..!

The thing is...it is a truck. Smiley People know SUVs aren't cheap but nobody would guess something over 100k. I have my experience with people here... Smiley

--

The cayenne looks great with the black wheels and the blacked out lights front/back. I personally don't like beige interiour in combination with black. I would go for the full black option or if lighter colour is a must for the interiour I would choose light grey. I would definetly not choose red stitching if you choose PCCB. That don't end up very good. Cool though if you stick with the red calipers, then the red stitching would work.

Good luck with your final decision. It will be an excellent car! Btw, when do you expect to take delivery?

--

On Order: 991 C2S Basalt Black/Black - PDK, PSE, SPASM, SportChrono, etc.
    Sold: 997.2 C2S Meteor Grey/Black - PDK, PSE, LSD, SportChrono, etc.
    Sold: 997.1 C2S Black/Black - PSE, PCCB, -20mm/LSD, Short-shifter, SportChrono, etc.

Lukas:

The cayenne looks great with the black wheels and the blacked out lights front/back. I personally don't like beige interiour in combination with black. I would go for the full black option or if lighter colour is a must for the interiour I would choose light grey. I would definetly not choose red stitching if you choose PCCB. That don't end up very good. Cool though if you stick with the red calipers, then the red stitching would work.

Good luck with your final decision. It will be an excellent car! Btw, when do you expect to take delivery?

Thanks, Lukas. No matter what I choose, delivery is in June 2012.

I actually don't like the light interior too much but the kids want it, so this may be a compromise. Apparently they feel better with the light interior. Smiley Don't worry, I wouldn't choose red stitching and PCCB, this doesn't work, I know. Yellow stitching would be a possibility but I saw it once and it really looks a little bit washed out, not really my thing. Maybe they improved the yellow stitching color, I'll look into that.

Right now, I'm again very inclined towards the Panamera Turbo S...I even discussed with my dealer how to get a "matte" black car with matte black painted rims. The rims are not a problem. cost is aprox. 800 EUR but Porsche doesn't offer a matte black color option, so it needs to be a matte black film. My dealer has a company specialized on doing stuff like that on racing cars and they can do the job but it costs around 3000 EUR if they do the job right.

Not sure if I should do it though, normal black looks great too.

--

RC:

Right now, I'm again very inclined towards the Panamera Turbo S...

Do it, RC!

I love this thread..!!

--

Budster:
    RC:

Right now, I'm again very inclined towards the Panamera Turbo S...

Do it, RC!

I love this thread..!!

I bet you do. You don't have to live with the consequences... Smiley Smiley

--

I bet you do. You don't have to live with the consequences... Smiley RC..

RC, do you know the American story of Brer Rabbit and Brer Fox?  Brer Fox finally catches Brer Rabbit and is about to boil him for dinner.  Brer Rabbit says boiling in water is fine, because nothing is worse than getting thrown in this terrible briar patch nearby.  Brer Fox, thinking he was doing the worst thing he could to Brer Rabbit, throws Brer Rabbit into the briar patch.  The patch is of course where Brer Rabbit lives so he promptly laughs and hops away.  

Your being worried about buying the Panamera is a bit like asking someone to throw you in the briarpatch..Smiley

Have fun with whatever choice you make!

My choice (or should I say our choice...family) has been made:

Panamera Turbo S.

Here are the pictures of the configuration, car is pretty loaded (full carbon, unfortunately you can barely see it in the pictures). I got a pretty sweet lease deal from Porsche Financial, so it really didn't matter how much options I choose (I could never afford to buy this car Smiley), so I went for everything which is important to me/us. No privacy (tinted) glass in the rear because I ordered the electric sun shades for the side windows. Kids enjoy a better view without the tinted glass and if it gets too sunny/hot, they can raise the shades.

The (almost super simple) reason for the choice: My wife said we never had a Panamera and it is something new. Good argument, especially since she plans to go for a Cayenne or Cajun Diesel in 18 months or so, so it doesn't make sense to get a Cayenne for 4 years. We also still have the X5M for another 16 months or so. Thanks again for everybody's input on this, you guys really have been a great deal of help, I really appreciate it. Without the many suggestions, thoughts and sometimes extremely logical explanations, I would have probably chosen the Cayenne instead. Right now, the Panamera Turbo S makes a lot of sense, it may look different in 4 years.

panfin1.png

1324720605795panfin4.png

panfin3.png

panfin2.png

We aren't too sure about the interior color yet. Due to the PCCB (yellow brake calipers), many interior combos are off limits. I would go for the simple color...black but my wife and my daughter want something lighter.

Here is the possible alternative. What do you guys think ? Black or the lighter choice ? Keep in mind that the exterior is all black, incl. black headlights/black rims/black lining and the brake calipers are yellow. Thanks.

panfin5int.png

--

Wonderful news RC----Congratulations!!!!  Fantastic car, just fantastic.  Change is good, and I admire your family's choice and decision making.  You went for it!!!

On the interior, I would go with the lighter one, but only if you don't mind it getting dirty from shoe marks, etc.  If you are always going to be worried about it, get the black.  Or, one alternative is to get a lighter wood trim to brighten up the interior, but leave the black leather. 

Paddles or buttons?

In any event, I am thrilled and so happy for you and your family.  A great Christmas gift!

WOOOOOOOOW! JUST INSANE MAN! GREAT CHOICE! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

MAKE IT BLACK IN BLACK, PLEASE! SO SICK CONFIGURATION! 

RC - I'm kinda proud that I started this thread, and equally surprised as you've been leaning heavily towards the Cayenne all along.  Your wife's logic at the end - an argument that had never been put forward before - was quite brilliant.

I'd go for the black interior - the car looks ominous in black - a black interior carries the theme inside nicely...

--

RC. I must agree with the black interior. I had a light interior once & it really shows the dirt marks.

Dont forget the VW badge

Gilmour:

RC. I must agree with the black interior. I had a light interior once & it really shows the dirt marks.

Dont forget the VW badge

Hybrid badges (left & right) and Hybrid badge on the rear (in black). Smiley

Thanks a lot for your help, guys. I think I'm going to go with the black interior but this is the only thing which isn't 100% yet. Smiley

--

Budster:

RC - I'm kinda proud that I started this thread, and equally surprised as you've been leaning heavily towards the Cayenne all along.  Your wife's logic at the end - an argument that had never been put forward before - was quite brilliant.

I'd go for the black interior - the car looks ominous in black - a black interior carries the theme inside nicely...

I am glad you started this thread, it really helped. I owe you lunch or dinner...whenever you're in the Munich area.

--

Why not with paddles on the steering wheel?

Congrats, RC, you will not regret it. It's something different..

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

I vote for black interior with aluminum highlights and some carbon on centre console, if you want.

Also a black alcantara headliner like on 997.

--

"Form follows function"

Congrats, superb choice! My vote goes to the lighter interior choice, imo it brightens up the interior nicely. Black alcantara headliner is indeed a must, like reginos said.

That's wonderful RC - many congrats to you and your family on your choice :)

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

Congrats Christian! wink

On a Panamera I would go for the ligher interior, black may get too boring and dull after a wihile, I love blakc myself but not for a Panamera and its luxurious interior.

--

RC:

My choice (or should I say our choice...family) has been made:

Panamera Turbo S.

Here are the pictures of the configuration, car is pretty loaded (full carbon, unfortunately you can barely see it in the pictures). I got a pretty sweet lease deal from Porsche Financial, so it really didn't matter how much options I choose (I could never afford to buy this car Smiley), so I went for everything which is important to me/us. No privacy (tinted) glass in the rear because I ordered the electric sun shades for the side windows. Kids enjoy a better view without the tinted glass and if it gets too sunny/hot, they can raise the shades.

The (almost super simple) reason for the choice: My wife said we never had a Panamera and it is something new. Good argument, especially since she plans to go for a Cayenne or Cajun Diesel in 18 months or so, so it doesn't make sense to get a Cayenne for 4 years. We also still have the X5M for another 16 months or so. Thanks again for everybody's input on this, you guys really have been a great deal of help, I really appreciate it. Without the many suggestions, thoughts and sometimes extremely logical explanations, I would have probably chosen the Cayenne instead. Right now, the Panamera Turbo S makes a lot of sense, it may look different in 4 years.

panfin1.png

1324720605795panfin4.png

panfin3.png

panfin2.png

We aren't too sure about the interior color yet. Due to the PCCB (yellow brake calipers), many interior combos are off limits. I would go for the simple color...black but my wife and my daughter want something lighter.

Here is the possible alternative. What do you guys think ? Black or the lighter choice ? Keep in mind that the exterior is all black, incl. black headlights/black rims/black lining and the brake calipers are yellow. Thanks.

panfin5int.png

--

Perfect choice - much better than Cayenne! I never had a light interior, it looks good but I am afraid of cleaning.

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

RC,

all the best Smiley, I like black int as well, however I will say that grey (my least favorite) with all the carbon options on a black PT  looks awesome in person (picture anyone?). I have to agree the contrast look better than all back!  you can really see the carbon trim. make sure you get black carpet !!!

no paddles on the wheel ?

Now the wait begins Smiley

Happy Holidays to all, and thank you for such a great forum !

Angelo

Awesome choice RC, I was getting a little frustrated with your seemingly inevitable slide towards the Cayenne since I have the 3 kids and have a Cayenne on order but would dearly love the Panamera..... Was chatting to a pal who has a Pan turbo he reckons there is a company in the UK who can fit some sort of third seat arrangement with a lap belt... I'd love to follow your choice, the Pan is a gorgeous thing Smiley

--

3.9  GT2 2011 make over

On a second thought, I would definitely go with this: Espresso Natural Leather.

It's such sublime colour in person.

Thanks again for your help, guys. kiss

Why didn't I get the paddles ? Well...this was a tough one. I wanted the carbon steering wheel (it just looks great) but Porsche doesn't offer it with paddles (one of those little Porsche secrets I'll never understand...).

So I had to make a decision: Paddles or carbon. I chose carbon over the paddles because most of the time, I will drive the car in auto mode anyway. I think... yes If I can't live without the paddles, I can still retrofit the steering wheel with the paddles.

When I order the car, I will try to get paddles with the carbon steering wheel but I'm afraid it isn't possible.

Regarding the interior color: Espresso Natural leather looks very good, I have a similar color on my black X5M but I'm not sure if this color combo works with the PCCB and the yellow calipers. A more lighter(yellowish) brown works better. I would actually like yellow stitching but I don't know if this is possible.

I'm a little bit confused about PCCB, so I may delete it from my option list in the last moment but I love PCCB and if I get the color combo right, I want to have it.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    806566 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    449518 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    267048 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90449 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    7209 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

887319 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    836152 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM