Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Tesla from Croatia?

Originally Nikola Tesla was born in Croatia (if you don't know that). Well now we have attempt of Croatian electric car so take a peak 

www.rimac-automobili.com/

--
    Oversteer is when the passengers are scared, Understeer is when the driver is scared.

Re: Tesla from Croatia?

Yes, at the IAA.. It looks fucking sweet  Front is a bit Jag but w/e

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

cumbe:

Originally Nikola Tesla was born in Croatia (if you don't know that). Well now we have attempt of Croatian electric car so take a peak 

www.rimac-automobili.com/

Nikola Tesla, an ethnic Serb (both parents were Serbs), was born in the Croatian Military Frontier, a part of the Habsburg Monarchy. He was neither Croatian nor born in Croatia.

He was a citizen of the Austrian Empire and later on, a US citizen.

Just for the book...I love history. Smiley

Also interesting: Nikola Tesla never had or has anything to do with Tesla Motors. Tesla motors just used Nikola Tesla's last name as a namesake.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Christian, just for the record-NONE of the Serbs or Croats would agree with you. ...and BTW you are completely wrong about the historic facts that you wrote. Did you ever visit Tesla's place of birth in Croatia? http://www.teslasociety.com/teslahouse.htm What a question-of course you did not...

You apparently did not heard about famous sentence that he wrote: "I am equally proud of my Serbian origin and my Croatian fatherland." http://www.teslasociety.com/tesla_achievements3.htm

Well, I don't care who agrees or who doesn't. History can't be changed to fit nationalistic ideals, history is a fact. You can't change facts. What I wrote are facts

Croatian fatherland ? The first time Croatia was independent (1991 as far as I remember), Tesla wasn't even alive anymore. 

From 15xx to 1918, Croatia was a part of the Habsburg Empire (just in case you forgot).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Without trying to bash anybody, but all of a sudden you get a feeling for why the Balkan is considered the "blackpoweder keg of Europe"... so many peoples, fractions, politics and nationality involved...

Anyway,  I had a quick glance at t he website of the car manufacturer; looks good! I have big doubts about whether hybrid / electric cars are the solution that the world is waiting for, but this just looks like a mean machine, very nice!

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

--
    Oversteer is when the passengers are scared, Understeer is when the driver is scared.

RC:

Well, I don't care who agrees or who doesn't. History can't be changed to fit nationalistic ideals, history is a fact. You can't change facts. What I wrote are facts

Croatian fatherland ? The first time Croatia was independent (1991 as far as I remember), Tesla wasn't even alive anymore. 

From 15xx to 1918, Croatia was a part of the Habsburg Empire (just in case you forgot).

You are not right, during the Habsburg Empire the people in the place of former YU had their own nationality. You can even check it today in the University laws of Austria, their stand that citizen of Bosnia don´t pay school money. This law was set up 200 years ago or so. This means that Tesla even born during the occupation could have their own identity. He is born in Croatia (location today) and his parents where serbs. Beleive me, his parents would´t ever say that they are not serbs. 

Tito was also born in Habsburg Empire and no one on earth would say he is a Austrian, even he was in their army for short.

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

By the time Tito was born, there was no Croatia. So no, he wasn't born in Croatia, like it or not.

You don't want to seriously imply that Franz Kafka was a Czech or that Gerhard Hauptmann was a Pole?  

I know that many Czech consider Kafka to be Czech but the reality is the reality, you can't change that.

What about Wernher von Braun ? Was he German or a Pole ?

It is funny: Whenever it is convenient for a certain country, they choose what nationality that specific person was. indecision

--

RC:

By the time Tito was born, there was no Croatia. So no, he wasn't born in Croatia, like it or not.

You don't want to seriously imply that Franz Kafka was a Czech or that Gerhard Hauptmann was a Pole?  

I know that many Czech consider Kafka to be Czech but the reality is the reality, you can't change that.

What about Wernher von Braun ? Was he German or a Pole ?

It is funny: Whenever it is convenient for a certain country, they choose what nationality that specific person was. indecision

Sorry, you are totally wrong - being born in a country (or a county under foreign administration) don´t implicate being citizen of this country!  Even having an ID don´t mean it. We did have a lot of occupied territories and the people had to have a "foreign" ID but they where never "real" citizens of them. Occupation and identification are normally disjunct.

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

You didn't reply to my question: Was Wernher von Braun a German or a Pole ? 

--

Now that you mention these things, was Ferdinand Porsche a Czech an Austrian or a German?

His birthplace is in today's Czech republic that was then Austro-Hungarian Empire, his parents were German speaking but he held Austrian nationality until his death.

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

Now that you mention these things, was Ferdinand Porsche a Czech an Austrian or a German?

His birthplace is in today's Czech republic that was then Austro-Hungarian Empire and his parents were German speaking.

Smiley You made my point. Officially, he is considered to be Austrian (I think) but many Germans actually think he is German (speaking of national pride, etc.).

Which reminds me of a funny story related to national pride: During my days in Eastern Europe, I had a friend from Lebanon, his father had two ships frequently traveling from Romania to Lebanon and back. He was Christian and very proud of his country. We once watched TV together and Tom & Jerry showed up. He immediately asked me if I know that Hanna and Barbera are actually Lebanese. I actually didn't. I kept that in mind all the time and even started to believe it. Then, last year or so, my daughter asked me if Hanna and Barbera are still alive. I looked it up and surprisingly, I also saw where they were born. In the US. Both. Smiley They weren't even of arab descent.

Gossip and national pride... Smiley

--

RC:
    He immediately asked me if I know that Hanna and Barbera are actually Lebanese. I actually didn't. I kept that in mind all the time and even started to believe it. Then, last year or so, my daughter asked me if Hanna and Barbera are still alive. I looked it up and surprisingly, I also saw where they were born. In the US. Both. Smiley They weren't even of arab descent.

Gossip and national pride... Smiley

indecision Hanna is listed as Irish-American and Barbera as American of Sicilian descent.

--

"Form follows function"

RC:

You didn't reply to my question: Was Wernher von Braun a German or a Pole ? 

To put a point on it:

In modern times, citizenship policy is divided between jus sanguinis ("right of blood") and jus soli ("right of soil") nations. A jus sanguinis policy grants citizenship based on ancestry or ethnicity, and is related to the concept of a nation state common in Europe. A jus soli policy grants citizenship to anyone born on the territory of the state, a policy practiced by many countries in the Americas. Many countries have a hybrid birthright requirement of local nativity and citizenship of at least one parent.

I have an employee who has a German passport but if you would drink with him in a bar and would have a small talk and then without any time to prepare ask him what he is, he would answer Turkish! Maybe if you would start some discussion about it, he would change quickly to German.

also:

Wernher von Braun was born in Wirsitz (Wyrzysk), Province of Posen, then a part of the German Empire, and was the second of three sons. He belonged to an aristocratic family, inheriting the German title of Freiherr (equivalent to Baron). His father, conservative civil servant Magnus Freiherr von Braun(1878–1972), served as a Minister of Agriculture in the Federal Cabinet during the Weimar Republic

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

Now I started something... indecision

Btw: You should ask Poles what they think what Wernher von Braun is... Smiley

wink

--

RC:

In the USA they think he is ..... American.  Whatever fits the situation indecision

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:
    RC:

In the USA they think he is ..... American.  Whatever fits the situation indecision

Smiley

--

@Aldo, Reginos and RC : guys this is thread about new electric supercar. Where and when we lost you? Smiley

--

Tesla later lived in Colorado Springs (about 60 miles South from where I live).  He was a cool genius!

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs).  Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550 Maranello

cumbe:

@Aldo, Reginos and RC : guys this is thread about new electric supercar. Where and when we lost you? Smiley

Good question. Smiley Smiley

--

I think it looks quite good, perhaps a bit Jaguar like.. But another two years and Jags will look horrible anyways..

I must add however, that I wish Tesla Motors succeeds over any other EV brands emerging.

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

Atzporsche:

I think it looks quite good, perhaps a bit Jaguar like.. But another two years and Jags will look horrible anyways..

I must add however, that I wish Tesla Motors succeeds over any other EV brands emerging.

I´ll tell you more next few month. I will meet them for some business ideas.

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

ALDO:
    Atzporsche:

Electro yacht ? Smiley

--

RC:
    ALDO:
    Atzporsche:

Electro yacht ? Smiley

This is for sure one of the next coming technologies. Electro engines with smaller diesel generators for the power  production. But in our case it is something more stylish.Smiley

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688265 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408601 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255489 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234712 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65349 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4634 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857476 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773197 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM