Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Which new car should RC get: Cayenne or Panamera?!!

Just for a bit of fun, the voting is now open, so here goes:

It's got to be the Panamera, RC!

So that's P 1: C 0 (please keep the score going as you add your vote!!!)

__

Porsche Carrera GTS (2012); Porsche Cayenne Diesel (2012)

Re: Which new car should RC get: Cayenne or Panamera?!!

Panamera Turbo S

Cayenne Turbo

Dacia Duster

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

ALDO:

Dacia Duster

He could have 9 of these for the price of the Cayenne Turbo . Smiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Cayenne Turbo, since he can take it to work without attracting attention, thus using it.

If your spending big money, then you surely got to use it.

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

Budster:

Just for a bit of fun, the voting is now open, so here goes:

It's got to be the Panamera, RC!

So that's P 1: C 0 (please keep the score going as you add your vote!!!)

__

You got me... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

ALDO:

Dacia Duster

Only in white...

Why so mean ? Are you afraid I could go for a Panamera Turbo S ?  Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Between the two, I would go for the Cayenne... Its the least ugly of them both!angry

--

Upsa:

Panamera Turbo S

I'm actually seriously considering the Panamera Turbo S but it depends on the lease deal I would get. Smiley

--

I vote for Cayenne Turbo

--
    Happy Driving

ha:

Between the two, I would go for the Cayenne... Its the least ugly of them both!angry

Well, if you can point me towards a more beautiful car which is in the same performance/price range as the Cayenne Turbo or Panamera Turbo S, I'm more than willing to listen. Smiley

I never was a show off, I care mostly about performance and daily driver/winter driving capabilities.

--

RC:
    ALDO:

Dacia Duster

Only in white...

Why so mean ? Are you afraid I could go for a Panamera Turbo S ?  Smiley

--

WHite is good! I will spend some colored film - Martini Racing Dacia. Dacia is cool - little bit nostalgia for you :)

Afraid - no ! I really like the Dacia Duster - I even asked my son to buy him one. He asked me back if something is wrong with me! He took a Mini Cooper D.

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

What is that with the Mini Cooper...my daughter also wants one but I'm afraid she has to wait another...five years, at least. My son would also love a Mini but the Cooper S but I already told him that I won't buy him a fast car after he just got his driver's license, no way. He still has 8 years or so to think about it... broken heart

Apparently the Mini is some sort of "cool" car for the current generation, one of my younger employees also wanted a Mini but it was too expensive for her (and her dad ).

Dacia sucks, I would never buy a Dacia. Nothing nostalgic here, at least not in a positive way. Dacia, ARO, Oltcit (we actually called it the nickname "OldShit")...these are brands are rather wish I could forget. indecision

Same with Trabant: A guy in a large toy store was looking at toy cars and my son grabbed an Aston Martin DBS to look at it. The older buy took a Trabant toy car and told my son that "this is a real car" and tried to convince him to buy the Trabant. My son luckily has his own will, he told the guy (before I actually could intervene) that the Trabant is so ugly.  Now here's the best part: The guy who showed the Trabant toy car to my son, actually owns a Trabant. He was pretty pissed, especially after my son told him that we are driving a Porsche Carrera GT (he forgot the S, so I can imagine what the Trabant guy was thinking...). 

No thanks, no Dacia, Trabant, Lada, Moskwitch or Taiga for me, I prefer real cars, not abominations of cars. wink

Oh...I can't stand the Smart either, my daughter recently joked that it isn't much bigger than her handbag. 

Adnan, stupid question since you are here now: Have you ever driven to Katschberg/Austria in winter time in your Panamera Turbo or any other place with lots of snow and very steep roads (up to 11%) ? I'm just curious how the Panamera Turbo performed on deep snow. Also, what winter tires do you have on your Turbo and are you happy with them (snow) ? Thanks.

--

RC:
    ha:

Well, if you can point me towards a more beautiful car which is in the same performance/price range as the Cayenne Turbo or Panamera Turbo S, I'm more than willing to listen. Smiley

I never was a show off, I care mostly about performance and daily driver/winter driving capabilities.

I know you are not a show off person RC, however if you are going to spend that much money on a car, it should not resemble a Hearse. In recent history many cars have come out with not so beautiful designs, but they have managed to grow on me with time. Unfortunately the Panamera & the BMW 7 Series were not among these cars.

I suggest you stick with your X5M and wait for the new Audi RS6. kiss

--

1. My 997 Carrera GTS Cab successor needs to be a Porsche since I have a special lease contract which allows me to switch the GTS Cab after only 18 months with any new Porsche I like.

2. My X5M is a very nice car but it is no Porsche. I'm a Porsche guy, my ties with Porsche are tight and if I can drive only one Porsche, it needs to be the family car.

3. The Panamera grew on me, believe it or not. I still don't like how it looks too much, mainly because I think that it looks huge and this sends the wrong message to people but it is a nicely built Porsche, real fast (Turbo S) and my wife likes it too. The new BMW 7 series is a different story, I agree. I also had a new 5 series loaner for a couple of days and while I really liked this car, the design kind of started to be boring, believe it or not.

I'm actually very surprised myself on how many people over here in Germany actually seem to like the Panamera. Of course I would stick the "hybrid" badges to the Turbo S...well... broken heart

--

RC:

2. My X5M is a very nice car but it is no Porsche. I'm a Porsche guy, my ties with Porsche are tight and if I can drive only one Porsche, it needs to be the family car.

I've test driven a BMW 640i with all the dynamic extras, this morning. A very well made and very well engineered car with a good turn of speed. But for someone who likes what a Porsche offers in terms of driving experience, it is highly unlikely anything else will do.

--

"Form follows function"

Better ground clearance for ski trips, etc
    More discrete in all black so you can take it anywere
    Three rear seat and better trunk
    Easier to park anywere
    Better looking without a hump

IMO Christian, you can't go wrong with the CayenneTT

--

The Panamera Turbo S is a rocket ship. If only one Porsche, then this has to be it.

Carlos from Spain:

IMO Christian, you can't go wrong with the CayenneTT

This is what I am afraid of... Smiley

--

RC, so far I make the score Panamera 8, Cayenne 2.

Trust me, I'm an accountant.
    --

Two kids means it has to be the Panamera, three is obviously a blessing but I feel "forced' into a Cayenne if I want to enjoy Porsche virtues with a full load.

I hated the old Cayenne with a vengance but the new one has a lot going for it (and I do have a deposit down for one) but it surely doesn't hold a candle to the Panamera in terms of presence and performance having said that if I had just two kids then probably everyone would continue to get stuffed into the GT2.

--

3.9  GT2 2011 make over

RC - the Mini is cool (maybe especially in Germany) because it gives the outward appearance of being a cool Brit, while being based on German engineering... a perfect combination!!  

--

2011 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S

Cayenne or Panamera? That's like saying you can either have sex with Rosie O'Donnell or Oprah, take your pick.

I agree with ha, keep the X5M, but since the GTS wasn't really as good a fit for you as you expected swap it for a 991S cab.

Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT 10.

Good quality, muscle car engne, SUV space and traction, VW price :) + No envy in Germany.

You won't regret it RC, it's such a fun car! We only live once, and the SRT just rocks in the fun/practicality department.

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

dr.j:

Cayenne or Panamera? That's like saying you can either have sex with Rosie O'Donnell or Oprah, take your pick.

I agree with ha, keep the X5M, but since the GTS wasn't really as good a fit for you as you expected swap it for a 991S cab.

SmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmiley

RC, you are a true porsche guy and therefore you have to have some form of 911.

as in the other thread, i'd say go for an Audi Diesel and a 991 S or preferrably turbo for the fun drives.

i am sure your children will fully support that decision.....as for the wife....there is always a way indecision

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

I gotta comment here, since my wife has a Cayenne GTS (stick shift). We love it, but it (obviously) is just not a sports car or even close, even with the stick shift and sport exhaust and PDCC (as good as it is), and I just think if you had to pick, the Panamera should have more of a sports car feel than a Cayenne, no matter if it is Cayenne Turbo or Turbo S or Turbo whatever. I haven't driven a Panamera, but it just HAS to be funner to drive. Lower center of gravity, etc. I just don't see how there could be much argument, except for more luggage space. And the Panamera is gorgeous in person. In fact, if I could have everything I see, I would add a Panamera GTS to the garage. And make mine that bright red one too. :)

Very nice threadkiss
    For the voting: Take the Pana S.
    Just like there is no substitute for the 911 in the sportcar department there isn't a substitution possible in the 4door and 4wheel department as well.
    The last weekend I tested the Pana Turbo (not the S) again. The streets were dangerous mixed with damp and leaves. I drove around the small streets in the south of munich, Isartal, monastery Hohenschäftlarn, etc., with a lot of bends and winding roads. I had always a very safe feeling, the car handled excellent although I floored the pedal whenever it was possible. Another chapter is the highspeed impression. I don't like it to say but the Pana seems to have a better directional stability  than the 997 TurboS..yes
    I'm sure you can't go wrong with the Panamerawink

--
    Kind regards, Conny 

Porsche 997.2 Turbo S  *  BMW X5 M

Tough one.

I'd say Panamera S manual gearbox, the spiritual son of the V8 M5.

Or a Panamera Turbo S.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    806282 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    449450 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    267022 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90434 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    7171 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

887135 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    835857 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM