Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 996 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

GT3 Oversupply?

I have been noticing in the recent weeks an increased supply of GT3s at decent discounts (up to +15%). Is PAG trying to sell to many cars or did most of these buyers drive the car only for the first time after they bought it and realised that the car is a little to "dedicated"

Either way if this continues one should be able to pick one up at an attractive discount...

TEE

Re: GT3 Oversupply?

i heard from a dealer that the GT3 RS somehow killed the demand for the GT3 in europe. they have a lot of customers asking for the RS (which is sold out) but not wanting the "ordinary" GT3. because of the RS the GT3 is just not special enough anymore in the 996 product range, and at the end of the day it's all about emotion at such a price tag.

I agree.. the GT3/RS is a great car but it should not take away from the Standard GT3.. which is a GREAT car as well.. I'd be happy yo own one ...I would say that if you put a bit of time into it to removing the creature comforts which ( YES IT STILL HAS IN MY OPINION ) it would be every bit the track monster the RS is.

Eric Mckenna

Quote:

Either way if this continues one should be able to pick one up at an attractive discount...

Don't gloat too much just yet, TEE1! If zzoba's theory is right, the same might happen to your Elise when the Exige hits the street.........
    fritz

In the UK over the past 6 months prices of GT3 Mk1's & Mk 2's have been unpredictable due to the influx of new cars combined with existing owners selling cars on to make space for the new models. A number of owners who took delivery of the Mk 2 have already sold their cars to make way for the GT3 RS. Once all of this trading has settled down prices should stabilise and hopefully strengthen again. Only 108 right hand drive Mk 1 GT3's and 99 RS cars have come to the UK. Numbers for the Mk 2 have not yet been finalised as the car was always said to be "built to demand" by Porsche cars GB.

Our factory sources tell us that a maximum number of 575 GT3RS's are being built for worldwide sale. UK market could have taken around 150 cars but only 99 cars so prices should remain strong. Some left hand drive cars still unallocated according to Germany...but they will not stay so for long once word gets out that the RS is very special and not just a cynical marketing excercise.

Regards GARY

The Canadian market has almost no GT3's, there is a used one the owner of the dealership drives and he want's $23,000 CAN over list, so consider your self lucky.
    I am sure the Canadian market would buy more GT3'S but Porsche North America will not bring anymore here.

The problem is that the GT3 RS doesn't seem to be available anymore. My dealer can't get one anymore and he was only able to get one for a customer because this customer ordered a 996 Cab too. And my dealer really has the right connections at PAG. Seems that demand for the GT3 slowed down but not necessarily because of the GT3 RS. I think that most people realized that the GT3 is no toy but a serious sportscar. No PSM and a pretty sharp setup say it all. Most Porsche customers nowadays prefer comfort and style, some don't seem to like the rear wing on the GT3. My dealer has an available black GT3 for immediate delivery for january 2004, he also has a 40 Years Anniversary 911 available in january.
    But I think this might be of interest to german customers only because my dealer is in Bavaria.

Hi,

I am waiting for my GT3 RS with production in week 5 and the Norwegian importer Autozentrum in Oslo said he had one more RS confirmed but not sold. He can not charge more than listprice for it so if anyone is interested chack it out at www.porsche.no

regards

Jo

Quote:
    JOJO said:
    Hi,

I am waiting for my GT3 RS with production in week 5 and the Norwegian importer Autozentrum in Oslo said he had one more RS confirmed but not sold. He can not charge more than listprice for it so if anyone is interested chack it out at www.porsche.no

regards

Jo

Are you sure he can sell the car to somebody outside Norway?

He should be able to sell it for export.
    I buy all my cars in Sweden and they all go for export.

Quote:
    CF said:
    He should be able to sell it for export.
    I buy all my cars in Sweden and they all go for export.

Interesting. What about warranty and the service payment for the dealer? Do german dealers honor a car bought in Norway?

The same situation would apply if you would buy your car in Switzerland.
    I honestly don't know about the dealers payment for service.
    German dealers has to honor the 2 year warranty.
    I regularly service my cars in Germany and I have never had any problems.
    All my cars are registered in Liechtenstein BTW.

All Porsches are covered under warranty in North America. It does not matter if the car is out of B.C. or Ohio.

ZO6:

I would not pay over list for a GT3. I recall when GT2's were way over list in Canada as well and now they are way under

Quote:
    spyderman said:
    All Porsches are covered under warranty in North America. It does not matter if the car is out of B.C. or Ohio.

I believe in the United States your statement is true but in North America which includes Canada and Mexico they won't honor the warranty.

Ron, Spyderman,

I think spyderman ment (i hope it's true) all North American cars are covered whether they came from the U.S. CAN or MEX, that means i can by a US car bring it to Canada and by okay with warranty.

Now on cars coming from Europe i have read somewhere that the warranty will not be covered which to me does not seem right, you pay a legit price from a Porsche dealer and you take your car anywhere you like and if there is Porsche dealer there they should honour it.

spyderman,
    I will not pay over list for a used car and be able to sleep at night.
    I would love to get a GT3 but i will no be robbed to get one.

If i was five years old (in which sometimes i wonder) i would trade in all me toys for one but for now i will just have to wait until something comes up.

Can't wait.

It's fustrating to have a market like this, it was the same when the Z06 came out and i payed list but it was new.

Quote:
    CF said:
    The same situation would apply if you would buy your car in Switzerland.
    I honestly don't know about the dealers payment for service.
    German dealers has to honor the 2 year warranty.
    I regularly service my cars in Germany and I have never had any problems.
    All my cars are registered in Liechtenstein BTW.

You never had problems because you hadn't german license plates. I hope that things will change little by little since the new EC laws regarding buying cars outside the own country but Porsche (still) seems to be pretty restrictive, at least the dealers. And if I think about the "old" contract my dealer has with Porsche, I get my stomach turned upside down. Speaking of free markets...

European warranty

My Belgian sold Porsche was serviced under warranty in Belgium, Austria, Germany and somewhere in Eastern Europe (I forget where). The warranty was never an issue. I believe that the warranty would even have been valid in North America. The only thing you lose if you export the car is the included towing service which is only applicable if you reside in Belgium. I would think it is the same for other European countries.

Stephen

Re: European warranty

It doesn't matter where in Europe I buy my Porsche,the warranty is still valid in Germany,any dealer in Germany that won't accept that will run into trouble with Porsche AG.

Further, the German dealer who refused warranty service on a Dutch bought car...would also find himself in trouble with Brussels.

Quote:
    CF said:
    any dealer in Germany that won't accept that will run into trouble with Porsche AG

Maybe run in trouble with Bruxelles as somebody said but not with Porsche. There has been a lot of opposing from Porsche and especially german Porsche dealers regarding the new EC law (in Germany it is called GVO=Gruppenfreistellungsverordnung). Not only can any dealer (even non-Porsche "authorized") sell Porsche cars to customers (next to Skodas, Ladas and Daewoos... ) but any german dealer has to honor a warranty, even if the car has been bought outside Germany.

Quote:
    but any german dealer has to honor a warranty, even if the car has been bought outside Germany.

My point exactly.

Quote:
    CF said:

My point exactly.

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that (yet).
    But I'm sure that things will improve, especially when I think about the huge fines VW had to pay to the EC.

Do you honestly mean that your dealer wouldn't honor the warranty on a Porsche imported by you from Sweden for example.

Quote:
    CF said:
    Do you honestly mean that your dealer wouldn't honor the warranty on a Porsche imported by you from Sweden for example.

Christian, I have a Cayenne Turbo on order from my dealer, do you honestly expect me to give you an answer?

Congratulations on your new Cayenne Turbo.
    I hope you got a really good deal on it.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689540 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409223 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255735 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234987 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65524 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4646 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857960 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774022 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM