Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Nissan Juke..?

Did you go for a spin?, John.

Yes, you may as well go for the Kuro.

Hope you yours are well, buddy.

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

Hi Keith - didn't drive it myself, sat in the back whilst the wife did the driving!  Seems ideal to bring me home after a night out and a few scoops..

We are well Keith, thanks for asking..hope it's the same with you - please give Kerry my very best wishes, hope her musical career is still on track and heading toward providing her Dad with a well-earned early retirement...

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

Have you given the Skoda Yeti some thought?

I think it's a funky useful little thing, not overtly expressive like the Juke, imho.

John H:

Hi Keith - didn't drive it myself, sat in the back whilst the wife did the driving!  Seems ideal to bring me home after a night out and a few scoops..

John,

you were obviously not keen to drive the car yourself or prepared fully for the testdrive and had a few pints before?

I guess what we have to consider is the number of people out there that buy a car for a different reason than us enthusiasts. My girlfriend is interested in an Mazda MX-5 and (although I expected the car to be even more agile) it might be a choice for her while I would never intend to get me one.

What did your wife say about the Juke in the end? I support Carregeous´ mantra, what makes her happy makes you happy in the end... Smiley

@ Ferdie - You're absolutely right... a Juke would not be for me, no way, but having scoured a good few alternatives, my wife still comes back to it..even more so now she's found the Kuro..

I was meaning she could bring me home, in the future, after a few pints  - also I wanted to try out the practicality of the rear seats.

@ Porker - Frank, she didn't like the shape of the Yeti.  I quite like the photo below, but not necessarily because of the car..

skoda-yeti-suv-2009-8.jpg

--

Did the deal today...

Nissan Juke Tekna Kuro 1.6 DIG-T ... in Force Red.

Standard spec' is pretty much fully loaded including Sat-Nav, reversing camera, leather seats and sport/normal/eco driving modes.  We added just two more...

Illuminated Entry Guards and Extended warranty (to 5 years)

With the limited edition 'Kuro' model, only 700 are coming to the UK, all of which will have a numbered plaque positioned on the centre consul.

This was the first order the dealer has taken for the Kuro, so we're expecting delivery in the first week of October.

And, yes, my wife is very happy indeed...

1315237289770Nissan-Juke-Kuro-2a.jpg

--

Smart man! Nice village runabout, IMHO.Smiley 

--

"I don't mean to brag, but I am really good at self-deprecation."

John H:

Did the deal today...

Congrats to you and your wife Smiley And the fact that your wife is happy with it is the main thing ... Smiley

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

Congratulations! Do you actually get to drive the car at all in the future...?

Trying to think of something nice to say, but that car is just too ugly!  Just joking - hope your wife enjoys it (that's all that really matters).  Smiley

Congrats to the wifey, John .

Kuro looks a nice ride to me and along with Japanese reliability you cannot go wrong.

Good decision by her.

Also, thank you for the good wishes, Kez is doing fine .

Take care.

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

Ferdie:

Congratulations! Do you actually get to drive the car at all in the future...?

If I'm lucky....Smiley

--

PureBlue:

Trying to think of something nice to say, but that car is just too ugly!  Just joking - hope your wife enjoys it (that's all that really matters).  Smiley

You and Easy are both right  - that's all that matters, but I have to say the car's appearance is steadily growing on me each time I see it...

--

throt:

Congrats to the wifey, John .

Kuro looks a nice ride to me and along with Japanese reliability you cannot go wrong.

Good decision by her.

Also, thank you for the good wishes, Kez is doing fine .

Take care.

Thanks Keith... and I'm so glad Kerry is doing well..Smiley

Smiley

--

John H:

Did the deal today...

Nissan Juke Tekna Kuro 1.6 DIG-T ... in Force Red.

Standard spec' is pretty much fully loaded including Sat-Nav, reversing camera, leather seats and sport/normal/eco driving modes.  We added just two more...

Illuminated Entry Guards and Extended warranty (to 5 years)

With the limited edition 'Kuro' model, only 700 are coming to the UK, all of which will have a numbered plaque positioned on the centre consul.

This was the first order the dealer has taken for the Kuro, so we're expecting delivery in the first week of October.

1315237289770Nissan-Juke-Kuro-2a.jpg

It will be more pleasant to drive around town and on short trips than the Mini. We have a MIni Cooper and its steering is on the heavy side and the gearchange unpleasant. It's OK above 50-60 mph (80-90kmh).

It is also made in the UK so you continue to support the local economy.

Moreover the Juke will have more space for the wife's shopping excursions Smiley

--

"Form follows function"

Congrats!! And don't forget not to look directly at it!

Who would have thought a thread on the Nissan Juke would run two pages ... and still counting?!!

--

"I don't mean to brag, but I am really good at self-deprecation."

After a protracted wait for my wife's new Juke Kuro to arrive, we picked it up last week.

She is absolutely thrilled to bits with it and I must say, although I've only driven it twice so far, it has surpassed my own expectations considerably.

The dealer managed to get a 'JUK' number plate, which was nice, but by far the major and unexpected bonus was that ours is the first to be produced in a limited run of 700...The special Kuro plaque on the centre consul shows 001..blush

I'm aware that there are mixed opinions on this car and that interest won't be massive, but I'm posting a few photos anyway... so those who describe it as a 'Joke' or a 'Puke' - please look away now..

1321896634381P1000280a.jpg

P1000282.JPG

1321896910358P1000283a.jpg

P1000276.JPG

P1000277.JPG

Limited Plaque showing '001'

P1000278.JPG

My 'Trio' - very patriotic in Red, White & Blue..

P1000286.JPG

--

I wish your wife an enjoyable time with the car!

Tell us something about the blue Lotus kiss It is an Elan +2,from what I can gather.  Year, spec?

--

"Form follows function"

Wow, John, looks cool. Hope she enjoys it. Keep her away from those damn kerbs too indecision, or just get the touch up paint ready kiss..

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

Congrats John ... now you have a red, white and blue garage ... very patriotic :)

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

easy_rider911:

Congrats John ... now you have a red, white and blue garage ... very patriotic :)

Yep, his getting flash now, like MikeS. I wonder what else John does for a living Smiley Smiley Smiley...

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

reginos:

I wish your wife an enjoyable time with the car!

Tell us something about the blue Lotus kiss It is an Elan +2,from what I can gather.  Year, spec?

Bought it from Spyder Engineering in Peterborough about 7 years ago - fully restored and modified..

Info here... http://www.spydercars.com/

1321906576043DSC_8755.JPG

--

Excellent, a Chapman Lotus kiss

I am very familiar with this model. A good friend has a white one with the silver cabin (130HP, big valve model) that he uses often even for driving to work.

--

"Form follows function"

Congrats John. I am not  a fan of the Juke, but this one must be the best looking one I 've seen ( black rims help ) and the 001 is very blush

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Agree, the black wheels really work well on the car. Enjoy! kiss

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

The same "trick" Mini used on the Countryman, black wheels look good on this type of car.

The interior of the Juke is OK but I just can't get used to the exterior. I also have to confess that I'm not a big fan of the Countryman, I would have designed the lights, especially the front ones, a little bit different. It is however the perfect small SUV for the city and those harsh Bavarian winters with snow.

John...I know why you did it but I won't let you off too easily (you didn't post a photo of the Juke's front) Smiley:

Nissan-Juke-Kuro-41.jpg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Ha Ha..kiss

Christian - I will concede that 'front-on' isn't the Juke's most flattering angle, but the reason I left it out was because the light wasn't great at the time and felt wrong.... However, you've coaxed it out of me...smiley

P1000279a.jpg

--

Well I'm not gonna rain on your wifes parade, if she's happy then thats the only thing that matters. And that 001 plaque is so cool. 

John... err... well, happy that you´re happy! smiley

Your patriotic choice of colours is stunning. I do guess that, just as with Porsche, it does look even better in reality. And that #001 plague is a great detail. Might help with resale.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690602 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409850 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256068 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235299 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65721 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4715 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858515 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774788 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM