Crown

Board: BMW M Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

E92 M3 Coupe now,

or not.

My dealer was offering some very good deals on the E92 M3 Coupe, I was surprised. With the M series reverting back to the 6 cylinder lay outs, does anyone think that the E92 V8 will go down as a classic?. My thinking was to keep the M3 for 2 year then change over to the 991.

Took one for a test drive and did like the DCT tranny very much.

Can I ask you guy's for opinions on the E92 M3 DCT.

Thanks in advance.Smiley

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

Re: E92 M3 Coupe now,

What's your current ride and what do you expect from the car?
    --

ONUR

11 M3 Coupe AW

09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

Hi pride,

Current ride is a X5, just the 3Ltr version. I am fed up with driving these big buses now, there nice but need a change. Was going to wait for the M5 but at the moment it seems to not be my cup of tea with regard to looks and then of course the waiting time on it. In the car will be just me the Mrs and my 15yr old boy, he still rides with us now and again.

I expect the car to be practical and offer some great fun which it appeared to achieve on the test run. Pushing the M button was great and then pushing it off changed it back to a nice normal town drive. Also, they were offering some great deals too which was of interest because they had some units around, obviously due to the current climate.

There changing them back to 6 cylinder's, so this hopefully will make the V8 a sweet choice by the true petrol head.

How have you found your's to date with all issues ?.

Thanks for your time.

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

throt:

Hi pride,

Current ride is a X5, just the 3Ltr version. I am fed up with driving these big buses now, there nice but need a change. Was going to wait for the M5 but at the moment it seems to not be my cup of tea with regard to looks and then of course the waiting time on it. In the car will be just me the Mrs and my 15yr old boy, he still rides with us now and again.

I expect the car to be practical and offer some great fun which it appeared to achieve on the test run. Pushing the M button was great and then pushing it off changed it back to a nice normal town drive. Also, they were offering some great deals too which was of interest because they had some units around, obviously due to the current climate.

There changing them back to 6 cylinder's, so this hopefully will make the V8 a sweet choice by the true petrol head.

How have you found your's to date with all issues ?.

Thanks for your time.

Throt,

M3 is a great car. You won't regret with your choice. That S65 V8 engine is a gem. Torque enough for around town driving and very powerful on the upper range. The engine has a very nice intake roar with its OEM setup. What is not written on the paper is how you deliver that power via rear drive chassie. Yes, the car is little heavy by 80-100 kg (I'm talking about Coupe) BUT it is still the lightest one when compared with the opponents (C63, RS5 are a few to name)

Because of its increased size, it is and feels rather like a GT car instead of a sports car. It is comfortable, yet very fast and if you know how to drive, it gives huge fun. The balance of the car is perfect. At one point you can put the car in D3 mode and just cruise on the autobahn for hours. Then you just sharpen up everything, turn-off the DSC, put the car in S6 mode and you have very nice handling car which can drift about 100 metres if you wish, can be very potent on a track, and fast enough to keep up with 997 Carrera S/4S.

I had tracked my car last month, and even if it is not the best track car, what surprises me the most about M3 is "it never stumble over around a circuit". You always have enough power and wonderful chassie to play with. If you come too hot in to a turn, it understeers BUT if you know your brake points and where to put the power down, you are good to go.

I like the interior of my car which has BMW Performance seats, Navi screen and carbon/leather texture trim. You can't go wrong with an M3. Just make sure that you have elektronik damper control, carbon-leather trim, and M-DKG (DCT). It can easily be driven daily and you can have huge fun on back roads.

I have detailed threads about my car. Here is my performance review: 

http://www.rennteam.com/forum/thread/20228019/Some_Performance_Data_Of_My_E92_M3/page1.html

And here is my purchase and general review:

http://www.rennteam.com/forum/thread/20175965/M3_Coupe__First_impressions_wpictures_/page1.html

Get the M3. It is still the King of its class after 4 years. You can't have another beautifully balanced rear drive chassie which is coupled with the best engine/transmission in its class that is wrapped in handsome package and offered with precise handling and delicate V8 engine which revs up to 8300 rpm. It is the best sports-sedan. period.

--

ONUR

11 M3 Coupe AW

09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

Hi pride,

Many thanks for your reply, it was very helpful. They are coming up with some better deals so I will hold tight a bit longer.

The car has edc, comp package and the carbon leather trim, its also white on the exterior funny enough. I love your seats but the Mrs will find then too hard, bless her indecision. May take it for another demo around some twisties.

Thank you again. kiss.

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

throt:

Hi pride,

Many thanks for your reply, it was very helpful. They are coming up with some better deals so I will hold tight a bit longer.

The car has edc, comp package and the carbon leather trim, its also white on the exterior funny enough. I love your seats but the Mrs will find then too hard, bless her indecision. May take it for another demo around some twisties.

Thank you again. kiss.

Throt,

BMW Performance seats are very comfortable. Let your wife test them. Don't forget that EDC and 19" CSL style wheels are included in competion pack.
    How are the discounts right know?

Good luck.
    --

ONUR

11 M3 Coupe AW

pride355:
    throt:

Hi pride,

Thank you again. kiss.

Throt,

BMW Performance seats are very comfortable. Let your wife test them. Don't forget that EDC and 19" CSL style wheels are included in competion pack.

Good luck.

Yes, pride, if I could find the seats somewhere I sure would test them. Of course it is included in the comp pack, sorry, I am so rusty Smiley, working too much.

The price of the one I am looking at with options comes out at £65,139, they will sell it for £56,750, so it seems good ?. The quote is also valid for 4 weeks.

Thanks.Smiley.

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

throt:

Good luck.

Yes, pride, if I could find the seats somewhere I sure would test them. Of course it is included in the comp pack, sorry, I am so rusty Smiley, working too much.

The price of the one I am looking at with options comes out at £65,139, they will sell it for £56,750, so it seems good ?. The quote is also valid for 4 weeks.

Thanks.Smiley.

You have given 13% discount. I bought my M3 last year with 14% discount + überführung from Germany. My car had a list price of 72K Euro (without VAT). I don't know the British discounts and prices but 56K sterlin sounds right Smiley

Can you share all the options and the spec of the car?

--

ONUR

11 M3 Coupe AW

The M3 is still the king in its class and these will definitely become collector's items as this is most likely going to be the last ever M3 with a NA engine.

I am tempted myself to buy another M3 V8 before it goes turbo.  After driving the M5, I think I will miss the NA engine of the M3 very much!  Throt, I had one with comp pack last year, and it is a VERY VERY good car.  And when you take into account the price, M3 is almost unbeatable value.  The C63 coupe may be faster in a straightline, but the M3 is something else when it gets to the handling department.  Get it! :)

WAY:

I am tempted myself to buy another M3 V8 before it goes turbo.  After driving the M5, I think I will miss the NA engine of the M3 very much!  Throt, I had one with comp pack last year, and it is a VERY VERY good car.  And when you take into account the price, M3 is almost unbeatable value.  The C63 coupe may be faster in a straightline, but the M3 is something else when it gets to the handling department.  Get it! :)

WAY,

Have you sold your E90 M3 CP? I thought you were satisfied with the car Smiley

--

ONUR

11 M3 Coupe AW

Thank you again, guy's.

Here is the spec.

300- Alpine White

NCSW- Black Novillo Leather

Optopns,

Media Package

2MK- DCT

313- Elec Fold Mirrors

494- Seat Heating (front)

4AE- Armrest thingy

4MY- Black Carbon Trim

50B- Park Distance (front and reat)

524- Adaptive Headlights

620- Voice Control

676- Loudspeaker System

6NF- Telephone USB Audio Interface

760- Exterior Trim, High Gloss Shadowline

761- Sun Protection Glass

7MA- Competition Package..

And all the standard bits, air con, m drive, xenon headlights etc etc.

pride, the quote above included the Service Inclusive Package which cost £1000. Also comes with BodyCare (code BDC), going to have to ask about this one to get what it actually is.

Popping down there Friday for another demo, so it could be order day no.

Keep you guy's posted.

Cheez.

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

Assuming the CF roof is standard?

skazzy:

Yes it is, skazzy.

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

skazzy:

Yes, it is, unless you get the sunroof.

--

ONUR

11 M3 Coupe AW

Hi Guy's,

Did any of you think on getting the CSL rimm's in matte black?. Not sure what I would prefer as not seen the black on the alpine white exterior.

Any opinion's ?..

Also tested the c63amg but found it lack the excitement factor. The M3's 8500rpm red line is just fantastic.

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

IMO, matte black would look great kiss

throt:

Hi Guy's,

Did any of you think on getting the CSL rimm's in matte black?. Not sure what I would prefer as not seen the black on the alpine white exterior.

Any opinion's ?..

Also tested the c63amg but found it lack the excitement factor. The M3's 8500rpm red line is just fantastic.

Thank you for the pics, skazzy, looks very nice.

They look to be 20" rimms, is that correct ?.

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

pride355:
    WAY:

WAY,

Have you sold your E90 M3 CP? I thought you were satisfied with the car Smiley

I was satisfied with the car, in fact it remains one of the best cars I have owned, but there are too many cars out there that I want to try, and I am not Mike S so I can't keep them all! Smiley

The HRE wheels in the last pic are 20".

Here are some more 19"

I think my preference would be to have the rimms normal, nice though.

Not too sure what I will do, the salesman stated that there could be an even better deal to be had. Its a fantastic car but the M3 here in the UK has a boy racer stigma attached to it, which is bugging me still. Trying to say "who cares" but I still think about it. Maybe I should look back at the M5, UK deliverys available for June July time if you put a deposit down now.

Many thanks again for the pics, skazzy.

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690072 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409508 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255868 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235102 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65602 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858254 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774412 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM