Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: The moment I've been waiting for...

Ferdie: ... and I thought, that was your wife.

Thanks for the comments Ferdie; and yes if there is a downside to the RS then it is the fact that you can take only one girl with you at a time.

Our RS is now a little over five weeks old and I still have a big on my face when I see her.

As you probably know, my car is not a daily driver. However any concerns I had regarding the clutch being too stiff, the suspension too harsh, the car too low, or the wing looking silly on public roads, have all proven wrong. Like Chris Harris said, the car looks and sounds wonderful ...

I'm also glad that I did not go for graphic delete. I think the stickers look awesome on the RS.

My car now has 600 miles on it and it consumed one bar width of engine oil. I can't wait for the engine to be completely broken in. It is a pain to keep the revs down. The highest RPM I reached so far was 5500. I truly wished I had more time to drive her.

Once you accelerate above 100, the aerodynamics really work in your favor. AP was right when he said "... the more confident you are, the faster you will be on the track ...".

Here is another photo of the "business end" ...   I guess that makes 7+ pics...

--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS 

VERY NICE PICS !!!! 

Now we only need a video of a cold start !!! 

Basically the best 911 so far right now .

Everytime I drive our 997 turbo, I wished it had the GT3 exhaust deep sound. 

--

Alex18_996CC: Basically the best 911 so far right now .

I couldn't agree more, Porsche really got it right with this one.

Thanks for the compliments on the photos, here is another:

--

> My car now has 600 miles on it and it consumed one bar width of engine oil. I can't wait for the engine to be completely broken in. It is a pain to keep the revs down. The highest RPM I reached so far was 5500. I truly wished I had more time to drive her.

Pilot,

600 miles only in five weeks with such a new 'toy'? Jesus, that would be nearly impossible for me! But then, I have to assume that you can teach me how to prioritize the things in life/business Smiley

Oh Pilot is a busy guy himself.. I think he finds time at night and before the day starts when the street of LA are still empty.

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

jesse: ...I have to assume that you can teach me how to prioritize the things in life/business

Must be a spillover effect from aviation I guess.

Joost: For me too, the 996 mk1 GT3 and the 997 mk2 GT3 are still the most desirable cars on the world (Together with Pilot's rs ;-) )

Thanks again for the compliments! Hope you will be able to get yours soon too.

Atzporsche: I think he finds time at night and before the day starts ...

Then my batman cover was blown, now I'm reduced to driving during the day with everyone else.

--

It has been a while since my last post and I thought I would do an update before Enmanuel and the rest of the Gang shoots me.

On August 11th it will be 6 months since we took delivery of our first Porsche ever. Since then, our GT3 RS ownership experience has been flawless; not a single warranty item or recall (our car came with the new CLs already installed).

The baby is now officially broken in. The sound of the engine is super sweet and addictive. Needless to say that I drive with the sport button on all the time. The engine just screams towards the red line like there is no tomorrow. I still can't believe I own such a cool car!!!

Oil consumption is next to nothing. I bounce back and forth between 2 and 3 bars depending on how hot the engine oil is. The tire pressure is also very stable and the tire wear is very even and moderate so far.

I also got a very cool personalized California license plate, but even though I would like to post it, I think it would not be a good idea to do so.

Taking my wife and the RS out on a date is just priceless. The cops are also staying hard on my tail; the last one was actually very cool- he recommended to take the car on the track if I want to drive "like that" ...

Now, back to driving at night...

--

It was about time ! I take pride in knowing my pressure has made you post so many gorgeous pics of your gorgeous car. 

Keep enjoying it 

Great - glad you're enjoying it

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

It was not until last Friday night that I cracked the 3000-mile mark and before you say it, I know I'm guilty of not driving her enough enlightened. However, I did stretch her legs quite a bit for the last 1K miles and it has been a very fun and rewarding experience so far. Thanks to all the Rennteam members for talking me into the GT3 RS kiss.

Speaking of legs ... smiley  below is a photo of another success story that started 24 years ago. The subject line of this thread also applies to the day I married my girlfriend who I had dated for 7 years.

Here is to my Co-Pilot - Happy Anniversary! wink

--

the only thing you're guilty of at the moment is not gicing us more pics !!  ... of the car of course    smiley

Enmanuel:

the only thing you're guilty of at the moment is not giving us more pics !!  ... of the car of course    smiley

Guilty? Me? I'm completely innocent smiley Maybe I will post more pictures... of the car of course indecision

--

Congrats - I know exactly how you feel ! I am in car-heaven too and sometimes just going to the garage and take a peek makes you smile and feel good ! Even better when you have a partner who shares the passion and more importantly doesn't screem and yell at you while driving a bit more "spirited" indecision

Pilot, either you are a very good looking man or it's one of those opposites attract situation. smiley

What a beautiful story. Best wishes to you, for many more years with your wonderful [insert term of endearment here].

kiss

Congrats!

BTW - why do guys blank out their number plates..?  I've never really figured it out - I mean, we all drive around with them all day long in full view of everyone, so what's the secrecy about on-line..?  What's the real risk..? 

I have also bagged a nice reg no. with 911 embedded in the numbers and I'm pretty happy about it and would like to share it on Rennteam, but I feel like it would be like dropping my pants...?!yes

Can someone explain..?

Congratulations mate, that's lovely kiss

Glad you're enjoying the finer things in life with such passion!

Keep up the great pics, especially the none GT3 RS related stuff smiley (I thought I would never say this)

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

Pilot,
    Congratulations mate, I wish the two of you many happy years together.
    Cheers Joost.

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Budster:

Congrats!

BTW - why do guys blank out their number plates..?  I've never really figured it out - I mean, we all drive around with them all day long in full view of everyone, so what's the secrecy about on-line..?  What's the real risk..? 

I have also bagged a nice reg no. with 911 embedded in the numbers and I'm pretty happy about it and would like to share it on Rennteam, but I feel like it would be like dropping my pants...?!yes

Can someone explain..?

Thanks Budster!

I also have a license plate I am proud of (not the same one that is blanked out in the photo) and would like to show it here. But I guess since it would be so easy to use that license plate to get private information about the owner and car, I am hesitant to do so. Personally I don't want to increase the risk or make it too easy in case someone did have something bad in mind...

If anyone else has any opinion, feel free to chime in :)

--

But I guess since it would be so easy to use that license plate to get private information about the owner and car, I am hesitant to do so.

But every person that passes you on the road sees your licence plate - you don't cover it up when you're driving... 

So what difference does it make if someone sees a picture of your car online?  They can't even follow you home for your address, which they could do any day of the week if someone wanted to defraud you.  If this was a real problem in the real world, there wouldn't be number plates as it would be anti-privacy.  (hey, maybe we should all go to the International Court of Human Rights!)

The ONLY additional piece of information they would have is a cheesy nickname and that fact that we probably take ourselves too seriously..?Smiley

So I'm still looking for the answer from someone...!

BjoernB: Thank you for the congratulations! I agree, it's car heaven for sure :) Plus, having a community like Rennteam makes the experience even better! I love sharing with everyone here because everyone has the same passion. Cheers!

WAY: hmmmm... If you were to ask the iPhone 4S's Siri it would probably say "I would rather not answer" ;) I hope it's the first one :) Thank you, I will pass the compliment on to my wife!

Ferdie: Thank you so much, I appreciate your wishes!

Atzporsche: Yes, I am definitely enjoying "the finer things in life" :) Thanks for the congratulations!

Joost: Thanks Joost! Here is hoping for many, many happy years to come!

Of course, as soon as I have new photos (car related of course ;)) I will post them for you all!
    --

Budster:

So what difference does it make if someone sees a picture of your car online?

Because people provide much more information about themselves online, for example their personal interests, how they spend their money, which events they are attending. Additionally, in the anonymity of the web some people start to incquire in ways they would not dare in public.

Yesterday, I did again what I love most when I'm not flying: Taking my wife out to dinner, seeing a movie (In Time), and having fun with "the car" indecision ... The cops must really hate me... for all the noise pollution .

While waiting for my girl, I took some random shots in the parking area for us to enjoy. As you can probably tell, I really dig the 997 style. kiss

--

I wanted to follow through with more photos of  'the car" as promised. indecision  We celebrated our Wedding Anniversary today!

Here is "the icing on the cake" so to speak ... and some roses to go along with it. kiss

--

Congrats!!!   to your RS and your wedding anniversary...!

kashmir:

Congrats!!!   to your RS and your wedding anniversary...!

Thank you very much kashmir! I appreciate your congratulations.

--

Very nice pics!! kiss

Congrats on your 24 wedding anniversary!

wink

Congrats! kiss

--

"I don't mean to brag, but I am really good at self-deprecation."

Thanks for your pics and I share your passion fully blush

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/17/24 7:48 AM
    GnilM
    662838 1775
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    401365 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    254624 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    229341 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    59763 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4386 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

853620 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    762142 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM