Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Ladies and gentlemen, the new 991...

Take a Panamera, lower the roof height, shorten it slightly and voila! Haha.

has anyone seen this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtgKEhKgxuc&feature=related

But it is not actually vs the other 991, I THINK IT SOUNDS GREAT!! :)

Carrara:

A rendering I did of the Cayman:

I like your renders more than the real thing. I hope Porsche is reading this thread.

Thanks, that means a lot to me!

Here are some new shots of the 991. Does anybody know what colour this could be?

Carrara:

A rendering I did of the Cayman:

never a big fan of Cayman/ Boxser...  Somewhat they seems to be the product of volume items...  especially the 986... it was successful for Porsche, but never liked the look of it, especially looking at it again now.....  But Carrera's rendering makes me want to drop my 991 order instead of wait for the Cayman....  This looks like a proper Porsche should be!!!  well done!!

Carrara:

Thanks, that means a lot to me!

Here are some new shots of the 991. Does anybody know what colour this could be?

yes

--

2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged

2007 997 GT3

2006 Mercedes G500

1993 964 Turbo (Sold)

Dunkelblaumetallic or Dark Blue Metallic.

I decided to change my spec after my dealer advised me that his initial allocation is only for Carrera S models. He won't get any Carrera allocation until January at the earliest. I've gone for the following and been told the car will be delivered in late December - I'll believe that when I see it   Smiley                  

911 Carrera S Coupe                                                                 

Exterior Colour                                                             

Carrara White                                      B4                                  

Interior Colour                                                             

Black leather interior                         AZ                                  

Exterior                                                                          

Top tinted windscreen                       567                                

Bi-Xenon-Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)               603                        

Electric folding exterior mirrors       748                                

Aluminum window frames                 559                                

Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors with integrated rain sensor  P13                        

ParkAssist rear                                     635                                

Rear wiper                                            425                                

Transmission / Chassis                                                 

Sport Chrono Package Plus               640                                

PASM sport suspension (-20 mm)    030                                

Wheels                                                                           

20-inch Carrera S wheel                    423                                

Wheel Accessories                                                      

Black wheels painted

Exclusive                                               XDA                               

Wheel spacers, 5mm

Exclusive                                               XRP                                

Interior                                                                          

Heated seats                                        342                                

Floor mats                                             810                                

Sports seats plus                                  P05                                

Guards Red seat belts

Exclusive                                               XSX                                

Interior Leather                                                           

Porsche crest embossed on head restraints

Exclusive                                               XSC                                

Lid of storage bin with logo

Exclusive                                               XUV                               

SportDesign steering wheel              840                                

Interior Carbon                                                             

Carbon interior package - Manual transmission

Exclusive                                               EEG                        

Carbon centre console trim

Exclusive                                               XHM                      

Audio / Communications                                           

Preparation for mobile phone          619                                

Porsche Vehicle Tracking System (VTS)                    T93               

Porsche Communication Management (PCM) including navigation module            P23 

Bose Surround Sound System    680

13177412247264.JPG

ISUK  your 991 looks great..SmileySmiley. I am looking forward to seeing  the 991 C2S Cab early next year.

--

2006 997 C2S Cab, Triple Black,  2006 Cayenne Titanium Iceland Silver Metalic New York

Congrats Iain, that is exactly the exterior/interior color and wheel type/color combo I would choose kiss

Curious why you didn't spec the TMPS? is it standard equip in GB?

--

Boxster Coupe GTS:
    Carrara:

The tail lights almost look fake when illuminated!

Anc check out this spot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ0oaoE9VP0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6MIiHfeCZQ

Smiley SmileySmiley

Confused about the rear spoiler.  I saw the vid of the mechanical spolier on the S but what is this larger fixed "duck tail" spoiler on the S about?? Is this some kind of areo package spoiler???

From the vid in SF on the Turbo, looks like they've reduced the over-all size of the 991 Turbo spoiler from the 997 Turbo.  Is the Turbo's wing still camo'd??? Love the look of the 991 Carrera's rear, best part about the new cars styling imo but if that isn't camo not feelin the Turbo's rear spolier at all...

Nice specc (!) - to be a bit selfish...I would have loved to see the Burmester audio option instead of Bose to get a first opinion on what it is like in a 911...

STRADALE:
    Boxster Coupe GTS:
    Carrara:

Anc check out this spot:

Confused about the rear spoiler.  I saw the vid of the mechanical spolier on the S but what is this larger fixed "duck tail" spoiler on the S about?? Is this some kind of areo package spoiler???

Fixed ducktail is part of the SportDesign package together with the different frontbumper. Very interesting second video, car at 0:33 min obviously is the widebody AWD version.

Very nice!

What about sport exhaust or is that standard on the S?

Why manual transmission?

--

Carlos,

I was trying to keep my overall cost down as I will change this car within a year I'd guess and didn't want to overload it with extras that wouldn't add to the desirability on the used market. I was limiting myself to a target budget for my option choices of 10% of the base price. Any higher than that and I'd simply be kissing goodbye to the overspend. The 997 has been heavily discounted in the UK for the last year with up to 14% off list so the market is going to find the adjustment to the new higher pricing of the 991 tough enough without me doing my usual rampage through the options list indecision

d997h,

The Burmester system is no doubt very good but simply too expensive IMHO unless you intend keeping the car for a number of years or value sound quality highly. As I don't usually bother listening to music in the car unless on a longer journey it wasn't worth the outlay for me personally. I nearly didn't bother with BOSE either.

Nick,

I didn't spec the sports exhaust as the standard car sounds fine to me. In fact listening to the soundclips on Porsche's website I thought it doesn't sound a lot different with the standard set up. Again cost came into the equation and as the system is an easy retrofit it made sense to leave it off. My dealer actually said not to bother with it. It will never compete with my Ferraris in terms of sound regardless of which exhaust I fit to it in any case. I went for the manual box as it is simply far more involving for this type of car IMHO. We've got PDK on our Boxster S and whilst I quite enjoy driving it, I don't find it that much fun even with the paddle shift steering wheel so tend tro leave it in auto and use Sport or Sport Plus functions when I want to liven up the gearshifts. I also think the novelty factor of the 7 speed manual will be an attraction to used buyers. I'll save PDK for the turbo as it's much better suited to that car as you simply want to hang on when you plant your right foot and not muck about with a gear lever smiley

Ferdie:
    STRADALE:
    Boxster Coupe GTS:
    Carrara:

Anc check out this spot:

Fixed ducktail is part of the SportDesign package together with the different frontbumper. Very interesting second video, car at 0:33 min obviously is the widebody AWD version.

Nice spot! Yes, the one at :33 is the AWD version. You can especially tell by the added side skirt that all wide body models have.

Congrats Iain - another great choice..kiss 

I do agree, however, with Carlos that TPMS is a must on cars without a spare wheel!

Also with your colour scheme, which I love, would you consider black rear stone guards?  They are inexpensive and complement the black wheels perfectly...

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

Congrats Ian! Did you consider the espresso interior? Have it in my Cayenne and I really like it in combination with white.

wink

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

Black stone guards were already in my mind John  wink

13177577209476.JPG

I had considered espresso Rob as I really like it but it would limit the appeal of the car when I sell it to a much narrower audience. My dealer had a sand white Cayenne on 21" turbo 2 wheels with aluminium trim and roof rails, side running boards and the espresso/cognac interior in his showroom today awaiting collection. It looked fantastic IMHO but again will have limited appeal on the used market.

Carrara:
    Ferdie:
    STRADALE:
    Boxster Coupe GTS:
    Carrara:

Anc check out this spot:

Nice spot! Yes, the one at :33 is the AWD version. You can especially tell by the added side skirt that all wide body models have.

This would mean the rear light is the same as regular rear wheel drive car?  couldn't really tell from the side skirt as the black really covers up the look of it...  Carrera could u do a rendering on 4S from the side view?  Thanks!!

991 is a stunner in white....just as the 997 is.

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

100% agree kiss

ISUK:

I had considered espresso Rob as I really like it but it would limit the appeal of the car when I sell it to a much narrower audience. My dealer had a sand white Cayenne on 21" turbo 2 wheels with aluminium trim and roof rails, side running boards and the espresso/cognac interior in his showroom today awaiting collection. It looked fantastic IMHO but again will have limited appeal on the used market.

Espresso or black it will look stunning in any case. Smiley

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

Thoma:

http://www.gtspirit.com/2011/10/04/exclusive-white-porsche-911-991-carrera-s-on-autobahn-a81/

when the little wing is up looks like the engine bay cover forget to close Smiley

ISUK:

911 Carrera S Coupe                                                                 

Exterior Colour                                                             

Carrara White                                      B4                                  

Interior Colour                                                             

Black leather interior                         AZ                                  

[...]                

Aluminum window frames                 559                               

Very nice spec, mate. Unlike some of you though, I am not entirely convinced of the 991 in white, some of its better details does not come across properly. I would be far more inclined to order the car in flat or Basalt black. Not sure if I would order the aluminium window frames in this combination as even the headlight housing is painted in black.

Black is a pain to look after Ferdie and you lose the impact of the front grilles and also the extended front lip spoiler the -20mm option brings with it. The aluminium stands out really well against the white (I saw a Cayenne in white with aluminium trim yesterday) and helps to further differentiate the new model to the 997. It also ties in with the silver lip on the black wheels

I didn't really set out to order white ( as I already have 3 white cars) but without seeing the Lime Gold in person I decided it was too risky to take a chance on. I liked the idea of dark blue metallic for a change but it lacks a wow factor for resale and I didn't personally care for the red brake callipers against the blue. The yellow of the PCCB's works better but I wasn't prepared to throw away £6k just for looks when the carbon brakes add zero to the resale value. UK dealers tend to call dark blue "doom blue" as used buyers just avoid the colour leaving any examples firmly rooted to the showroom floor. Ruby red was a possibility but again it hasn't proved to be a popular colour here so had to be crossed off. That left platinum silver, which is nice but not attention grabbing in a showroom on a new model, or white.

Porsche offer a dismal choice of colours on their cars and their designers really ought to be bolder IMHO. They really are behind the trend curve in this respect as more and more people want to personalise their cars and are prepared to spend money doing so. I simply can't believe they still do not even offer a contrast stitching option at launch on the 991. I mean how hard can it be to change the thread on a sewing machine?? yes The available interior and exterior colour selection for the 991 is more like the dull choices you'd expect for a BMW 5 series or an E class Mercedes, not a sportscar. By all means keep discreet colours on offer for those who do not want to stand out but at least liven the options up for those that do mail   It's ridiculous that they charge extra for GT silver, Lime gold, Ruby red etc when these aren't even triple layer paints. I'm definately going to wait to go for paint to sample on the targa as I positively refuse to have that car in the dull standard range offerings smiley

Yes, I agree about the dirt resistance of black but, from personal experience, do not think that white is any better in this respect. Basalt black would give just as much certainty when it comes to resale value. Nonetheless, considering your previous tasteful configurations who am I to tell you anything new. indecision

Would also love to see some convincing colours, especially some solid colours, as apart from GT silver none of the special colours would convince me to a. order them and b. pay a premium for it.

Here is the amazing range of colours they were able to offer in the early 1970's

Colour chart 3.JPG

And also these were the special order colours -

Colour chart 4.JPG

Yep, those were the kind of colours I was thinking of as well.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM