Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Ladies and gentlemen, the new 991...

KresoF1:

http://www.porsche-stuttgart.de/portal/pics/artwork/991/911Preisliste.pdf

http://www.porsche-stuttgart.de/portal/pics/artwork/991/911Katalog.pdf

Thanks Smiley

And there is a great option : interior of front lights in black !!!   Smiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

911Katalog-19.jpg

911Katalog-21.jpg

911Katalog-22.jpg

--

911Katalog-25.jpg

911Katalog-33.jpg

911Katalog-36.jpg

--

911Katalog-42.jpg

911Katalog-44.jpg

911Katalog-51.jpg

Smiley

--

Doesn't it look a bit like a Panamera from the side? ;)

--

"Dream as impractical, irrational and unnecessary as that may be... Here's to the Dreamers!" -- Porsche AG.

Are you kiding me? 

--

Porsche_lover:

Many thanks Kreso Smiley 

+1 Smiley

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

thanks kreso

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Carlos,

It is amazing how the 991 makes the 997.2 llok like a 993! Especially the section aft of the door.

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Joost:

Carlos,

It is amazing how the 991 makes the 997.2 llok like a 993! Especially the section aft of the door.

Also I think the rounded roof of the 997 helps too Smiley

--

The colour choices both interior and exterior are disappointing yet again IMHO. Why on earth are there two browns? Does anyone outside Germany ever spec brown??

Porsche really need to improve in this area IMHO and take a leaf out of Audi's book where there is a huge scope for personalisation. At this end of the market, and especially with today's modern consumer in mind, this is an important service to offer.

ISUK:

The colour choices both interior and exterior are disappointing yet again IMHO. Why on earth are there two browns? Does anyone outside Germany ever spec brown??

Porsche really need to improve in this area IMHO and take a leaf out of Audi's book where there is a huge scope for personalisation. At this end of the market, and especially with today's modern consumer in mind, this is an important service to offer.

Don't order Brown...

Problem solved! Smiley You can thank me later.Smiley

BTW, I'm dying of laughter that you say Porsche should take not of Audi's personalisation. 

Carrara:

Don't order Brown...

Problem solved! Smiley You can thank me later.Smiley

BTW, I'm dying of laughter that you say Porsche should take not of Audi's personalisation. 

Smiley Sage advice on the brown!!

There has to be some benefit of being linked to Audi but I struggle to think of any other than  a wider colour pallette Smiley

Positive evolution seems to be that for once Porsche offers most if not all options from day 1 (I am thinking of PSE, the dynamic engine mounts etc). This was not the case for the 997.

Curious if anyone can illuminate PDCC (Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control) for me?  Is this the first time it's been available on the 911 and I'm assuming it's different or works in tandem with the PASM.

And is it an option that one would pay extra for?

Thanks!

And thanks for posting the pics Carlos!  

mateoche:

Curious if anyone can illuminate PDCC (Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control) for me?  Is this the first time it's been available on the 911 and I'm assuming it's different or works in tandem with the PASM.

And is it an option that one would pay extra for?

Thanks!

Indeed you will pay extra for it and its not cheap. Its the first time on a 911 but its the same sistem as in the Cayenne or Panamera, were the anti-roll bars are elctronically controlled instead of fixed, and therefore can adapt to different cirsumstances better, increasing stability/handling and confort.

--

KresoF1:

http://www.porsche-stuttgart.de/portal/pics/artwork/991/911Preisliste.pdf

http://www.porsche-stuttgart.de/portal/pics/artwork/991/911Katalog.pdf

Great KresoSmiley..youre really a genius regarding pre 991 info..

If you can just now solve the remaining issue for of the lap times for me..than I would be completely happy ( I know we discussed this a bit, but..). On the subject, in Auto motor sport Porsche mentions for 991 7:40..in 2-3 other German media its quoted with 7:50 (in all 3 cases Mr Achleitner is quoted)..so what now..? if you ask me this is " communication desaster from Porsche..

Remember that Porsche claimed for 997 GT2RS and 997 GT4.0L times that could not be replicated..

Take careSmiley

Carlos from Spain:
    Joost:

Carlos,

--

It's not the rounded roof of the 997. It's the flattened 991 profile, that is why it's much closer to the Panamera. Someone I know calls the 991 the mini Panamera. :)

The 991 may be a great car, but it's a major departure from the 911 DNA. Major! That is why now people say correctly the 997 is closer to a 993. 

--

"Dream as impractical, irrational and unnecessary as that may be... Here's to the Dreamers!" -- Porsche AG.

Budster:
    ISUK:

Bicolor interior in black/platinum.

Bicolour black platinum 2 SunCoast.JPG

Nope, you've erroneously posted the interior of a smart family saloon, not a sports car. Please check your upload file again. Also, a manual 7 speed gear box is more sensible in a 50 ton truck with the driver having to double clutch - but not the PDK variety... Isn't this all getting a bit too busy/complicated..? I think the 7 speed manual gearbox with have people converting to PDK in droves...

I assume you're just being ironic Smiley As you know, the photo is from page 16 of the 991 brochure in German that Kreso posted Smiley

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

ADias:
    Carlos from Spain:
    Joost:

Carlos,

--

It's not the rounded roof of the 997. It's the flattened 991 profile, that is why it's much closer to the Panamera. Someone I know calls the 991 the mini Panamera. :)

The 991 may be a great car, but it's a major departure from the 911 DNA. Major! That is why now people say correctly the 997 is closer to a 993. 

--

Not that major. The design DNA of a 911 is as follows: Strong broad shoulder, raised front wings, a sloping roofline, a dynamic stance, a tapered and low front end, a tachometer higher than anything else in the interior, and ignition on the left, rear seats, GT like comfort, efficiency, and spectacular performance.

What's the 991 lacking from that list?

ADias:
    Carlos from Spain:
    Joost:

Carlos,

--

--

Hi Adias,

You know Im fully on your side..fully agree with you, the 997 will probably be the last real Porsche classic..also its much simpler car with much less electronics..that I dont need anyway..

If Porsche messes up the 991 GT3 in the same way as the 991 ...that that was it for Porsche for us. Our family owns a whole collection..so far my 997 GT3 is the newest thing we have..

If the 991 also gets an intereior with 100 switches I´ll switch to Lamborghini SL....also a nice car..but just more flashy which is not really my thing..but in blue metallic it looks great tooSmiley

greetings

@a928: you're repeating yourself and it's becoming boring 

--

997.1 C2S

Re: Ladies and gentlemen, the new 991... (LAUNCH thread)

I got this letter today from my local Porsche dealership:

991 letter 1.tif991 letter 2.tif

a928:

You know Im fully on your side..fully agree with you, the 997 will probably be the last real Porsche classic..also its much simpler car with much less electronics..that I dont need anyway..

If Porsche messes up the 991 GT3 in the same way as the 991 ...that that was it for Porsche for us. Our family owns a whole collection..so far my 997 GT3 is the newest thing we have..

Sorry mate,

this is getting ridiculous. The 997 is the last Porsche classic? What is the heritage line from 901 to 993 for you [and why do so many people value the latest aircooled model for]? Each model since then has made a significant step forward, the 997´s return to traditional round headlights might be the only significant twist in recent history.

As Carrara said, the 991 shares vital design references with all of its predecessors. Michael Maurer constantly referred about the so-called Porsche DNA and how, for example, the Panamera shares quite a bit of it with the company´s sportscars. I have commented on that subject further above, in case you missed it.

People will get used to the graphical layout at the front, just as they have become accustomed to every other Porsche model before. The biggest issue for me is that a 991 with all vital options, including the ones benefitting the handling, features quite a significant pricetag. Apart from that, I am curious how much all of these systems might influence the driving impression.

On a sidenote, what´s your laptime with the GT3 on the Nordschleife?

PS CA:

So based on recent P-USA posted prices, about $US 3000 increase for base and almost $5000 for S models... I expect this still amounts to the lowest 911 prices worldwide despite the increases.

--

2011 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S

4trac:
    PS CA:

So based on recent P-USA posted prices, about $US 3000 increase for base and almost $5000 for S models... I expect this still amounts to the lowest 911 prices worldwide despite the increases.

Plus it seems they are throwing in a bunch of extra equipment as well.Smiley

a928:
    the 997 will probably be the last real Porsche classic..also its much simpler car with much less electronics..that I dont need anyway..

Here we go again.Smiley

Please, a928, do us all a favour and stop posting these dumb posts. The 997 the last real Porsche classic? Give me a break. Most idiotic thing I've heard in this thread.

Also, could you give that NBR laptime a rest? You're only making yourself look like a retard by not stopping to whine about it. Move on, man! Get with the program! Jeezes!

I've got a small gift for you, while you're growing a brain: a 911 where you can see the 'beautiful' engine, enjoy!

motor_gr.jpg

--

Morgan Aero 8

Ferdie:
    a928:

Sorry mate,

this is getting ridiculous. The 997 is the last Porsche classic? What is the heritage line from 901 to 993 for you [and why do so many people value the latest aircooled model for]? Each model since then has made a significant step forward, the 997´s return to traditional round headlights might be the only significant twist in recent history.

As Carrara said, the 991 shares vital design references with all of its predecessors. Michael Maurer constantly referred about the so-called Porsche DNA and how, for example, the Panamera shares quite a bit of it with the company´s sportscars. I have commented on that subject further above, in case you missed it.

People will get used to the graphical layout at the front, just as they have become accustomed to every other Porsche model before. The biggest issue for me is that a 991 with all vital options, including the ones benefitting the handling, features quite a significant pricetag. Apart from that, I am curious how much all of these systems might influence the driving impression.

On a sidenote, what´s your laptime with the GT3 on the Nordschleife?

Regarding the classic etc..you and some others here cannot accept that someone has a different viewpoint..thats all. You believe in different things than I do..thats good - isnt it? Luckily we are all not the same. Many years nobody predicted that 964 3.6 turbo - just an example - would become a classic..now it is. Prices have also increased seriously for this car. All this has nothing to with a 991 - I know..but if you look at how Porsche is today and how it was 5 years ago - its not the same anymore, from people/employees, company goals, visions, design etc..and most people also know this - at least the ones who really hae an affection for Porsche and not just buy a Porsche for cruising on Champs Elysees. In fact after the end of the 993 there has already been a significant change in the company..I know..but it was a change still in a good direction..

To tell me a panamera has something in common with a Porsche DNA, I feel sorry for you now..you obviously have read too much Porsche marketing brochures. The panamera was a simple "business case" decision..nothing more and I have driven one..and yes it drives nice..but is it really different than M6, AMG, Maserati??..not really..these are also very similar cars..would I buy one? no, never because for that money I can more interesting (Porsche) cars..

Coming to the laptime issue, I havent driven really on NS..just for fun once..but I do regular trackdays on Spa (clearly below 3:00min), other circuits..but not only with my GT3 (in fact this car is not my real track car)...I have driven also other cars at circuits..and dont just believe that Porsche can built cars with good "DNA".- and Im saying this as Porsche fanatic since my youth..my other favorite is the Gallardo SL - the main difference is however that Porsche offers more reliability.

But I should stop from posting here....Im also registered in other forums and they are not the same at all in this respect there.

take care and enjoy your self posting,

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    775046 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    440511 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262131 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260369 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    84865 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5446 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

879539 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    814394 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM