Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Goodbye Gallardo...Hello Cabrera

This is a true story, it happened just right in front of our line: A german student(female) who wanted to enter the US, was asked at customs what she has in her backpack. She replied "a bomb". The customs officer looked at her, told her very calmly to turn around and then, she didn't even realize what was happening to her, she was cuffed by an other officer. She started yelling but it went very fast and she disappeared.

When we returned from our trip, we met the same stewardess who was on the flight when the came to the US. I asked her if she knows what has happened to that girl and she told me that this girl, according to our of her colleagues, was returned back to Germany on the same plane the very same day. 

I guess some jokes, I actually don't consider it a joke to tell somebody at an airport that you have a bomb, shouldn't be made. 

Btw: I heard a similar story from other friends and relatives, apparently there are enough dumb people who think that security checks are lame. One guy apparently joked around at a security screening in Munich and he lost his flight because of that. Oh boy...

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

My speculation: the gallardo replacement will be called "Audini". This is a derrivative from "Audi" and "Lamborghini", as we all know this car is made 100% by audi and then sent to lamborghini to apply their badge on it. So, Audini.

"Audini"? This speculation has no basis.

Audi and Lamborghini do not name their models by joining together their 2 manufacturer names.

Lamborghini usually names its cars after famous Spanish bulls or places/objects connected with bullfighting: e.g. Miura (a famous bull), Espada (sword), Murcielago (a famous bull), Gallardo (a castle where fighting bulls were reared), Reventon (the bull that killed Felix Guzman), Estoque (a bullfighting sword), Jota (the bull that killed Manolete) but this name was replaced by Aventador (another famous bull).

Rare exceptions exist: e.g. Countach and LM-002.

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

Really sad attempt at trolling. Lamborghinis use some Audi technology (Audis too use Lamborghini technology) but they are by and large designed and manufactured in Italy by Italians.

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

First teaser for IAA 2011:

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Easyrider, well listed! but you missed the most obvious one.... URRACO! Which means "little bull"!!!!

2649_p161627.jpg

--

Current steeds in the stable and recently sold include: Porsche 996/911 (2004) '40 Jahre' Anniversary - 363bhp, Porsche-VW 914 (1973) 1.7 - 78bhp, Volkswagen Tiguan (2008) 2.0TFSi - 200bhp, Volkswagen Touareg (2009) V6 - 280bhp, Volkswagen Golf Mk3 (1993) VR6 - 189bhp

Thanks for catching that one  Those pesky bulls ... hard to keep hold of

Seriously, it was just a few examples ... there are obviously some I left out

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

easy_rider911:

..........name was replaced by Aventador (another famous bull).

Aventador means a blower or a fan in English. You can see the association with a bull blowing through his nostrils.

But can you imagine a model named "Lamborghini Blower"? Very boring and mundane. However, the spanish word sounds magnificent Smiley

--

"Form follows function"

The Spanish speakers here can correct me ... AFAIK 'Aventador' has many meanings ... These are just 2 of them :)
    --

997.1 C2S

Aventador is a word related to blowing air, such as a fan, air pump, anything that implies forcing air, such as what bull does thorugh his nostrils very audibly sometimes, so probably a few bulls have been named this thoughout history, and one of them probably gave rise to the Lamborgini model as is tradition. Thats what I would bet on anyway 

--

Rossi:

--

Could this teaser actually be for the next Gallardo? Or is it more likly to be some concept car?

palenimbus:
    Rossi:

Could this teaser actually be for the next Gallardo? Or is it more likly to be some concept car?

We haven't seen a lot of mules for the next Gallardo, if we're so close to unveiling how could we have missed it ? 

Unless they try very hard to keep it under wraps and develop it alongside the Aventador. Which would still be almost impossible for spies out there to miss it. 

I hope its a new Gallardo, but I seriously doubt it. 

REALZEUS:

Really sad attempt at trolling. Lamborghinis use some Audi technology (Audis too use Lamborghini technology) but they are by and large designed and manufactured in Italy by Italians.

Well...you wouldn't want to know how many Audi engineers work in Italy... Smiley  Smiley

As far as I know, many Lamborghini engines are made in Hungary...by Audi. The engineering has also been almost fully done by...Audi. The chassis/body is produced in Germany by ThyssenKrupp, the paint job is done at Audi in Neckarsulm, etc. etc. etc.

Audi is very careful about creating the feeling that Lamborghini is just another Audi and/or german product but unfortunately...it is...to some point. The illusion that Lamborghini is an italian sportscar worked well in the past but looking at reality...well...things look different. Is it a bad thing? I doubt it. Since Audi took over, reliability has increased substantially. The factory is still in Italy, so if you take in consideration solely, where Lamborghini cars are "assembled", Italy it is.

As to the future of Lamborghini, I would rather call the next model Porschini...if the troll who started this understands my drift. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

RC:
    REALZEUS:

Well...you wouldn't want to know how many Audi engineers work in Italy... Smiley  Smiley

As far as I know, many Lamborghini engines are made in Hungary...by Audi. The engineering has also been almost fully done by...Audi. The chassis/body is produced in Germany by ThyssenKrupp, the paint job is done at Audi in Neckarsulm, etc. etc. etc.

Audi is very careful about creating the feeling that Lamborghini is just another Audi and/or german product but unfortunately...it is...to some point. The illusion that Lamborghini is an italian sportscar worked well in the past but looking at reality...well...things look different. Is it a bad thing? I doubt it. Since Audi took over, reliability has increased substantially. The factory is still in Italy, so if you take in consideration solely, where Lamborghini cars are "assembled", Italy it is.

As to the future of Lamborghini, I would rather call the next model Porschini...if the troll who started this understands my drift. 

True... Audi had a vast knowledge in multicylinder, high-revving engines and mid-engined sportscars, prior to the Lamborghini acquisition anyway... Smiley

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

REALZEUS:

True... Audi had a vast knowledge in multicylinder, high-revving engines and mid-engined sportscars, prior to the Lamborghini acquisition anyway... Smiley

Audi actually built a mid engined rally car back in the 90s but Walter Röhrl apparently didn't like it too much, so they abandoned the project because it didn't show the performance benefit they expected.

As to multicylinder engines...you must be kidding, right ? Have you checked out the Audi model history before 2003 (the year they acquired Lamborghini), especially the one of the A8 ? Not only 8-cyl. but also 12-cyl. models...before 2003.

High revving ? Well, the S8 wasn't too shabby but of course this is no sports car. This is why they bought Lamborghini. Of course they profited from the Lamborghini experience but looking at Lamborghini now, a lot has changed. Not only quality but also reliability.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

RC:
    REALZEUS:

In the same way as a Rolls Royce is only a plush BMW assembled in Chichester, UK. Smiley

--

Porsche Cayman S PDK Aqua Blue / Ocean Blue  (November 10) : Toyota Yaris D4D (Oct 10) 

IMO the above characterisitics are not mutually exclusive. For example a R-R is characterized by plushness and first choice interior materials. There is no problem covering BMW tech with a R-R body and still have a genuine Rolls.

Similarly, Lamborghini is characterized by aggressive styling, extravagant sound and extreme feel. Again you can add all these ingredients to an Audi designed package with lots of unseen Audi tech underneath.

IMO the above  two brands (and Bentley) give the best of both worlds. German engineering integrity with Italian flair or with British craftmanship and tradition.

--

"Form follows function"

RC:
    REALZEUS:

Audi actually built a mid engined rally car back in the 90s but Walter Röhrl apparently didn't like it too much, so they abandoned the project because it didn't show the performance benefit they expected.

As to multicylinder engines...you must be kidding, right ? Have you checked out the Audi model history before 2003 (the year they acquired Lamborghini), especially the one of the A8 ? Not only 8-cyl. but also 12-cyl. models...before 2003.

High revving ? Well, the S8 wasn't too shabby but of course this is no sports car. This is why they bought Lamborghini. Of course they profited from the Lamborghini experience but looking at Lamborghini now, a lot has changed. Not only quality but also reliability.

Lamborghini's experience in multicylinder high revving engines, is vastly superior to that of Audi. Moreover, mid-engine supercars is what Lamborghini always did. The fact that Audi failed to make a proper mid engine car back in the day, strengthens the argument that Lambos are designed and developed by the company itself and not by the barge makers (a.k.a. Audi).

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

Lamborghini has always made engines that revved high, but not for a long distance. Now they can last too thanks to VW impeccable engineering standards for design, materials and manufacture.

An old friend had an Urraco, a Sillouette and a Countache at the time when these cars were the epitome of exotic motoring and I know from first hand how bad cars they were, in terms of reliability, assembly and drivability in real life and outside the scope of some enthusiastic magazine articles.

Nowadays, Lamborghini make top super-sportscars in all respects and only second to Ferrari (of course). 

--

"Form follows function"

Kreso or anyone close to Audi insiders, when do they plan to discontinue the Gallardo ? Smiley

R.I.P enlightened heartlaugh

New Gallardo will be introduced on Frankfurt IAA 2013 show. Start of sales January 2014.

V10 NA 550ps-570ps

7 speed DCT

AWD

20" wheels

KresoF1:

New Gallardo will be introduced on Frankfurt IAA 2013 show. Start of sales January 2014.

V10 NA 550ps-570ps

7 speed DCT

AWD

20" wheels

Thanks Smiley

DCT is not for me, not now, not anytime soon

KresoF1:

V10 NA 550ps-570ps

7 speed DCT

AWD

20" wheels

So if the power stays the same, I guess they try to make it lighter than the current car? Smiley

--

KresoF1:

V10 NA 550ps-570ps

7 speed DCT

AWD

20" wheels

With those specs, it's already behind the McLaren MP and 458.

Hope they plan to shave 200-250lbs off the scales.

Rossi:
    KresoF1:

V10 NA 550ps-570ps

7 speed DCT

AWD

20" wheels

So if the power stays the same, I guess they try to make it lighter than the current car? Smiley

Exactly. New Gallardo/R8 platform is using CF/Alu materials and both cars will be definitely lighter then previous models.

Regarding performance-do not worrie. New Gallardo will be faster on the track then 458 or MP4-12C.  Just to say this-only 4 sportscars that are coming out till 2014 are interesting for me: 991 GT3, 991 Turbo, new Gallardo and new R8. All of them will be way above current competition.Smiley

KresoF1:
    Regarding performance-do not worrie. New Gallardo will be faster on the track then 458 or MP4-12C.  Just to say this-only 4 sportscars that are coming out till 2014 are interesting for me: 991 GT3, 991 Turbo, new Gallardo and new R8. All of them will be way above current competition.Smiley

Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (at Porsche right now), BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Hmmm me thinks that 550hp Lamborghini being faster than 625hp mac will be pretty tough..

GT:

Hmmm me thinks that 550hp Lamborghini being faster than 625hp mac will be pretty tough..

Actually the McLaren seems to slow down right after 200kph, but the G keeps on pulling like a bull and we're talking about revised e-gear Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdM_qOeZuvE

KresoF1:
    Rossi:
    KresoF1:

V10 NA 550ps-570ps

7 speed DCT

AWD

20" wheels

Exactly. New Gallardo/R8 platform is using CF/Alu materials and both cars will be definitely lighter then previous models.

What is timing on new R8?  Curious where it fits with facelift vs. new model timing...  Thanks.

Current R8 FL(and technical update) September 2012-540hp and 7speed S tronic(DCT) only.

New R8 Geneva 2014 intro, start of sales summer 2014.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688601 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408718 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255524 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234792 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65396 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4636 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857586 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773395 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM