Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 991 spy shots Thread Closed

easy_rider911:

Todays's BMWs are so very different to the BMWs that I grew up adoring as a teenager ...

Do you remember the 2002?

The first turbocharged car I believe.

--

easy_rider991, exactly what I was getting at. Modern BMWs have lost their magic. The only remotely good cars they build anymore are the 1M M3 and M5. I don't know what happened to them. They used to be such good cars, the Ultimate Driving Machine, but know they are just typical bland, heavy, obese bloated, ugly luxury cars (there are a few exceptions). I remember recently BMW mentioned that they wanted to stop using the term "Ultimate Driving Machine", because it might scare off potential buyers who don't necessarily enjoy driving. They also said they would tweak their cars and make the more BORING (of course they didn't use that term), because most BMW drivers could care less about actually driving. I remember not to long ago BMW used to have ads like "Joy isn't around the corner, but in the corner". Now they have things like "Joy is around the corner because when you go round and reach straight our ACC will drive the car itself because we at BMW know that you hate driving cars so we water ours down so you never once have to be connected to the road".

It really is a sad thing to behold. I'm so glad Porsche knows what they're doing. Also, judging by some of the things that VW promised with the ownership of Porsche, just because they are no longer independent, doesn't mean they will lose their magic ANY time soon. 

Carlos from Spain:
    easy_rider911:

Todays's BMWs are so very different to the BMWs that I grew up adoring as a teenager ...

Do you remember the 2002?

The first turbocharged car I believe.

I think Chevy Corvair Corsa turbo was made in the late 50's or early 60's (don't know if it was the first turbo car, but I think it was the first rear-engine aircooled Flat-6).

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs).  Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550 Maranello

I think Porsche should create a new sports model, like a Mini Carrera GT in the line of the 458 and Gallardo, with the drama these cars offer. High reving V8 engine with Manual / PDK gearbox, sport interior (more like Ferrari then Lambo) and alot of soul. The 991Turbo is no competition for those cars, it might be faster and better on every way, but it´s not an exoctic, you don´t slave while looking at it, and this is also what a sports is about. Porsche needs to work on this in order to keep the Porsche sports car image alive & kincking. Look at the Carrera GT, a car with + 7 years old and still looks like "the real thing"  nowadays.

J.Seven

^^ There have been rumors about a car like that a lot lately. And I agree with you, the Carrera GT looked like it was from the future the day it came out, and still does (the interior especially). Excluding Porsche, and a small amount of select others, I don't know what's up with car design these days. In my opinion, almost no car makers follow timeless design anymore, and many cars end up looking dated just months after they debut. I'm so glad Porsche knows what the hell they're doing.

It was just confirmed the 2012 Cup Car will finish out the 2013 season, so I guess we'll see the introduction of the Turbo and GT3 in mid 2013, and the Cup Car and RSR will be ready for the 2014 season.

J.Seven:

I think Porsche should create a new sports model, like a Mini Carrera GT in the line of the 458 and Gallardo, with the drama these cars offer. High reving V8 engine with Manual / PDK gearbox, sport interior (more like Ferrari then Lambo) and alot of soul. The 991Turbo is no competition for those cars, it might be faster and better on every way, but it´s not an exoctic, you don´t slave while looking at it, and this is also what a sports is about. Porsche needs to work on this in order to keep the Porsche sports car image alive & kincking. Look at the Carrera GT, a car with + 7 years old and still looks like "the real thing"  nowadays.

J.Seven

SmileySmileySmileySmiley

Sadly, I don't believe it will happen. It would cut into sales of the TT, GT3, GT2 though it would pick up buyers of 458, C12 and other car enthusiast.

--

I predict that the 991 will be an evolution in rear engine handling.  Nothing will be able to touch it - the mid engine GT cars will be stuck with their configuration (and many brands to piick from) while the 911 will be the exclusive rear engine car.  The only one selling the rear engine is PORSCHE - I call that the hand that feeds you.  They can mass produce the 911 with extreme quality and a good margin - it will be hard to compete with.  Can't wait to hear about the 991 speed through the twisties!  A whole new ball-game I suspect.

nberry:
    J.Seven:

J.Seven

SmileySmileySmileySmiley

Sadly, I don't believe it will happen. It would cut into sales of the TT, GT3, GT2 though it would pick up buyers of 458, C12 and other car enthusiast.

Hasn't  Porsche hinted strongly they are reviewing the business case  to produce a mid- engined car in the $300-400K  range that is to conquest 458 intenders ?

I mean, no matter how often the latest GT2RS and GT3RS type cars produce "feel good"  seat of the pants/stop watch write ups in the press,  those paying $200-to 275K for these models do feel a little gyped buying cars that share 80+% of the interior of a base $45K Boxster and I surmise will gladly throw down an extra $50-75K in the near future for a PCar with the interior specialness and sound of a V8 mid-engined Ferrari's and  not chained design -wise to the mandatory 911 body/chassis  .

There is a market for a Porsche  that would drop jaws when driving because it doesn't  look like yet another " Beetle on steroids with added stick -on  decals " - in its now SEVENTH decade design silhouette - to the lay public, but be more accessible than Enzo/C-GT/918 Spyder  type untouchable  ubercars ,IMO.

J.Seven:

I think Porsche should create a new sports model, like a Mini Carrera GT in the line of the 458 and Gallardo, with the drama these cars offer.

I'm sure this will happen in the next 3-4 years. That's a very lucrative segment and with the VW Group security and input it cannot be omitted by Porsche any longer. I can only imagine how great such a car will be. The engineering inegrity of the R8 but more bespoke with Porsche magic added.

And I don't think such a car will take sales away from the 911 range. The M-E "supercar" concept appeals to a different type of buyer.

--

"Form follows function"

J.Seven:

I think Porsche should create a new sports model, like a Mini Carrera GT in the line of the 458 and Gallardo, with the drama these cars offer.

--

"Form follows function"

Grant:

I think Chevy Corvair Corsa turbo was made in the late 50's or early 60's (don't know if it was the first turbo car, but I think it was the first rear-engine aircooled Flat-6).

That's right, Corvair Monza Spyder, introduced in 1962 with a 150hp turbocharged flat-6.

223 pages WOW. Incredible how much talk for what is probably the most insipid sports car ever created my man. Looks wise of course. I mean, I just can't understand how people can genuinely be excited about this car anymore from a design perspective. Excited in the sense of "I'm checking this thread every day to see more spy-pics of the 911", or "and I'm eagerly awaiting the day of 24 august when we shall see the official pics from porsche: a yellow one and a red one, just like we saw 10 years ago; except now it's longer and wider! and the headlights are more upright, just like the 993 we saw 20 years ago". LOL ! 

audini:

223 pages WOW. Incredible how much talk for what is probably the most insipid sports car ever created my man. Looks wise of course. I mean, I just can't understand how people can genuinely be excited about this car anymore from a design perspective. Excited in the sense of "I'm checking this thread every day to see more spy-pics of the 911", or "and I'm eagerly awaiting the day of 24 august when we shall see the official pics from porsche: a yellow one and a red one, just like we saw 10 years ago; except now it's longer and wider! and the headlights are more upright, like the 993 we saw 20 years ago !". LOL ! 

I would say for your first post on Rennteam it`s a bit insipid as well...

Meteor gray

1312497852111991_1.jpg1312497862754991_2.jpg1312497878898991_3.jpg1312497887769991_4.jpg1312497897058991_5.jpg1312497905002991_6.jpg1312497912884991_7.jpg

thanks for the pics pjd!

and it looks like the turns signals will be flush with the vents and not drooping over like i feared!

can't wait to see it in black with black wheels!

The front is so high the guy must have forgot to switch off the lift parking system Smiley

J.Seven

J.Seven:

The front is so high the guy must have forgot to switch off the lift parking system Smiley

J.Seven

Funny!  I thought the rear did look lower, but I never even noticed the front.  Good catch!

audini:

... Incredible how much talk for what is probably the most insipid sports car ever created my man. Looks wise of course. I mean, I just can't understand how people can genuinely be excited about this car anymore from a design perspective ...   

Welcome to Rennteam. So you think the styling is "insipid"? Well, the styling may not excite you but that's only your subjective reaction. There are many other people here who are interested in how this car will look.

You've succeeded in not only criticising this car based on spyshots but also in criticising Rennteamers for taking a keen interest in how this car will look in virtually your first post on this site. IMvHO there are better, and more respectful, ways to enter a forum as a newcomer.

BTW what do you drive?

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

mateoche:

thanks for the pics pjd!

and it looks like the turns signals will be flush with the vents and not drooping over like i feared!

can't wait to see it in black with black wheels!

Are the pictures of black cars with black wheels posted in the previous +140 pages not enough to give you a rough idea?Smiley

easy_rider911:
    audini:

... Incredible how much talk for what is probably the most insipid sports car ever created my man. Looks wise of course. I mean, I just can't understand how people can genuinely be excited about this car anymore from a design perspective ...   

Welcome to Rennteam. So you think the styling is "insipid"? Well, the styling may not excite you but that's only your subjective reaction. There are many other people here who are interested in how this car will look.

You've succeeded in not only criticising this car based on spyshots but also in criticising Rennteamers for taking a keen interest in how this car will look in virtually your first post on this site. IMvHO there are better, and more respectful, ways to enter a forum as a newcomer.

BTW what do you drive?

This "audini" kind a remind me a guy that already passed by this forum... a "zeulmeiner"  Smiley (can`t remember the correct nickname)

I posted this latest pics as 991 in Meteor grey, but it looks a bit more darker then meteor grey... can anyone confirm?

Tks.

991.jpg 

Slate Grey, perhaps? Or new colour.

--

"Form follows function"

pjd:
    easy_rider911:
    audini:

BTW what do you drive?

This "audini" kind a remind me a guy that already passed by this forum... a "zeulmeiner"  Smiley (can`t remember the correct nickname)

Yes, I've been checking this out.

audini is the same person as zmeulzmeilor who is the same person as mariusv.

This guy clearly has no pride or self-respect since he keeps trying to come back here even though he has been permanently banned twice before and is unwanted here.

Is the internet so small that he has no place else to go?

His current alias is being banned right now.

--

997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

Audini, n-ai un CG sau ceva de trollat? Noi nu te retinem, poti sa pleci linistit

IP ban?

We'll implement various measures. Sorry I can't disclose what they are otherwise this guy may try to circumvent them.

--

997.1 C2S
     GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

easy_rider911:
    pjd:
    easy_rider911:
    audini:

BTW what do you drive?

Yes, I've been checking this out.

audini is the same person as zmeulzmeilor who is the same person as mariusv.

This guy clearly has no pride or self-respect since he keeps trying to come back here even though he has been permanently banned twice before and is unwanted here.

Is the internet so small that he has no place else to go?

His current alias is being banned right now.

Maybe is a guy that doesn`t know other thing`s in life... maybe he never check the thread "World's Sexiest Woman"  Smiley

Or he checked and doesn`t make a "click" on him... 

Strange, because every time i check that thread it`s like i turn on the "heat seeking missile" Smiley

LOL ... guys, let's bring this thread back on topic  That guy has been enough of a distraction already ...

--

997.1 C2S

easy_rider911:

LOL ... guys, let's bring this thread back on topic  That guy has been enough of a distraction already ...

Smiley Smiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/16/24 3:13 PM
    watt
    754916 1797
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    431446 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258844 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255829 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79833 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5262 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868838 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802780 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM