Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: my visit to sant'agata and the aventador

dhayek:
    in the current standards, supercars of 1500 kg is very normal , it doesnt mean bad handling at all! some examples:

nissan gtr: exellent handling! 1700 + kg

997 turbo, 458 italia, 599 fiorano 1700kg.

dont forgetm the lp 700 is 2.26m wide, it cant fit in a standard container! thats why standard shipping is by air. so when a normal supercar  like a gtr is at 1700 kg, a 2.26, 12 cylinder supercar at 1550kg is quite good in my books.

anyway, in a month i will have the car , and will make a full report

Dimitri, congrats again, it will be a fantastic car I'm sure. Smiley

One thing I want to know, are you concerned about the enormous width?

Next to the restricted rear visibility (which isn't that important in a sportscar IMO), it's this width that worries me most. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    dhayek:
    in the current standards, supercars of 1500 kg is very normal , it doesnt mean bad handling at all! some examples:

dont forgetm the lp 700 is 2.26m wide, it cant fit in a standard container! thats why standard shipping is by air. so when a normal supercar  like a gtr is at 1700 kg, a 2.26, 12 cylinder supercar at 1550kg is quite good in my books.

Next to the restricted rear visibility (which isn't that important in a sportscar IMO), it's this width that worries me most. Smiley

--

The restricted rear visibility is what scared me the most when i drove the Murci. A bunch of owners told me that you get used to it by time. Also, they said that the rear cam helps.

Dimitri had a Murci so i dont think both issues will a problem for him.

koko:
    The restricted rear visibility is what scared me the most when i drove the Murci. A bunch of owners told me that you get used to it by time. Also, they said that the rear cam helps.

I know about his Muiciélago, Tarek, I was just wondering if Dimitri sees some problems here since he uses his sportscars quite regularly. Also I don't know about the roads there, at least for me this is a crucial factor for wide sportscars (next to the traffic).

--

in the current standards, supercars of 1500 kg is very normal , it doesnt mean bad handling at all!

not for carbon fiber supercars it's not. and no one said anything about bad handling; of course it won't be bad but the car will feel heavy in corners compared to an Enzo or a carrera Gt. And also the ride has to suffer because of the added weight!

some examples:

nissan gtr is not a supercar. neither is 997 turbo. their handling is good because of the awd traction and numerous electric nannies but they still feel heavy and lack feedback and driving involvement, especially when compared to lighter, rwd cars (like gt3 or even base carrera). I'm figuring the same is valid for the aventador when compared to a ferrari 458, for example, not to mention enzo or carrera gt.

by the way, 458 italia is 1380 kilograms dry. fiorano is 1590 dry but it is an aluminium chassis not carbon fiber. and it's more of a GT than a supercar.

dont forgetm the lp 700 is 2.26m wide, it cant fit in a standard container! 

and an enzo or a zonda fits ? I doubt it..

zmeulzmeilor:

dont forgetm the lp 700 is 2.26m wide, it cant fit in a standard container! 

and an enzo or a zonda fits ? I doubt it..

Probably not but due to the low numbers of the Zonda and Enzo, and the very limited cases when these are transported internationally they don't face the same issues the lp 700 will being that its a more mass produced car. 

Hm, why does this thread have to turn into a keyboard competition? I love the fact that Dimitri shares his experience with us. Who cares about the exact weight figure?

On a sidenote, which supercar with radio, navigation, airbags and 4WD has a lower weight? With a 6.5 litre V12, that is?

Unfortunately this thread has been hijacked by zmeulzmeilor and I am getting tired of reading his BS about cars that he has never driven...

zmeulzmeilor:

not for carbon fiber supercars it's not. and no one said anything about bad handling; of course it won't be bad but the car will feel heavy in corners compared to an Enzo or a carrera Gt. And also the ride has to suffer because of the added weight!

nissan gtr is not a supercar. neither is 997 turbo. their handling is good because of the awd traction and numerous electric nannies but they still feel heavy and lack feedback and driving involvement, especially when compared to lighter, rwd cars (like gt3 or even base carrera). I'm figuring the same is valid for the aventador when compared to a ferrari 458, for example, not to mention enzo or carrera gt.

by the way, 458 italia is 1380 kilograms dry. fiorano is 1590 dry but it is an aluminium chassis not carbon fiber. and it's more of a GT than a supercar.

1304615043876not_this_shit_again.jpg

Herbaliser:

Unfortunately this thread has been hijacked by zmeulzmeilor and I am getting tired of reading his BS about cars that he has never driven...

Fortunately you have an ignore option so why not just use it ? And fortunately you don't have to drive a certain car, to know things about that car, or how it compares to other cars. You know, there are people who are hired to do just that ! So i'm just saying what others who have driven them back to back say, and I mean professional drivers not some schumacher wanna be who thinks because he's rich or something and can afford to test these cars personally knows more about cars than people who actually test cars for a living (not the case here of course, but I know several individuals who don't know shit about cars and yet somehow think that just because they own a car they know more about that car than people who don't own it). So please excuse me I'm not an oil scheik and can't afford to buy all supercars known to man to form a proper opinion about them lol. Shit, now I'm being "aggressive" again...anyway, you're right about one thing, this is dhayec's thread so I'm gonna stop here and wait for his hands-on review, which for me is not that important anyway since I have many other professional sources to rely on (by the way, why is Chris Monkey taking so long to review this car ??). But since he appears to have long-time experience with this type of cars I'll give it a shot..

zmeulzmeilor:

Fortunately you have an ignore option so why not just use it ? And fortunately you don't have to drive a certain car, to know things about that car, or how it compares to other cars. You know, there are people who are hired to do just that ! So i'm just saying what others who have driven them back to back say, and I mean professional drivers not some schumacher wanna be who thinks because he's rich or something and can afford to test these cars personally knows more about cars than people who actually test cars for a living (not the case here of course, but I know several individuals who don't know shit about cars and yet somehow think that just because they own a car they know more about that car than people who don't own it). So please excuse me I'm not an oil scheik and can't afford to buy all supercars known to man to form a proper opinion about them lol. Shit, now I'm being "aggressive" again...anyway, you're right about one thing, this is dhayec's thread so I'm gonna stop here and wait for his hands-on review, which for me is not that important anyway since I have many other professional sources to rely on (by the way, why is Chris Monkey taking so long to review this car ??). But since he appears to have long-time experience with this type of cars I'll give it a shot..

zmolar:

I think we are still waiting for your proper research project on the M5 engine :) Are you being lazy?

Anyway, since you are just spewing words out of your mouth without even passing them through your brain, should we even care about what your opinion is? Especially when it seems like among the 20000+ members here you are already the least knowledgeable about cars, performance cars in particular.

Now get off this thread and finish up your research on the M engine and get back to us on the other thread. Do that and we might have a little tiny itsy bit of respect for your opinions.

zmeulzmeilor:
    Herbaliser:

well here you are just being impolite, and i dont remember being impolite to you, even though you brought up some very illogical arguments like comparing a stripped car like the enzo without an electric window to a production car car the lp-700 that has everything from an electric and heated seat to 6 airbags and a rear view cam to name a few. and please do not wait for my review, especially since it means shit to you (thanks again here for being polite) . i just wish your many other professional sources had a forum, i am sure they would have a blast discussing with you, and then everybody would be happy

and now excuse me i have to leave since apparently i have to go dig an oil wellSmiley

--

2012 lamborghini Aventador (june)

2010 jaguar XFR

As someone who doesn't post often, yet reads Rennteam nearly every day, I can say that I deeply enjoy reading the experiences of those fortunate enough to be purchasing these cars, as well as hearing their feedback. As a grad student, I obviously can't afford really anything non-essential at this point, but through Rennteam I am able to live vicariously through those who can.

So thanks Dimitri, Mike S, and all others who share their experiences (and photos)! Please don't be dissuaded from sharing in the future by trolls who feel the need to argue every last little point.

A huge +1 to everything JesseBank just said, Dimitri (and other owners) take the time to post their experiences to share and be enjoyed by the rest of the people here, we should be thankfull. I've been to many other forums online and this is the only place I've experienced owners and non-owners to share the joy of every part of the car world for the sake and pure joy of it. No showing off or disregarding peoples opinions because you don't own a porsche or a ferrari or a lambo. So imo if anyone feels like the opinions of those that own and share, and the opinions of those that down own are all invalid, than you should stick to reading cold hard facts and forget about the social part of it all. Information is shared here on RT for people to learn about each others opinions, some you may like other not, no need to be rude and impolite about it.

zmeulzmeilor:
    :

For some reason, you remind me of  this guy Smiley

Whoopsy:
    zmeulzmeilor:

blablablablablablablablablablaaaaa

zmolar:

I think we are still waiting for your proper research project on the M5 engine :) Are you being lazy?

Now get off this thread and finish up your research on the M engine and get back to us on the other thread. Do that and we might have a little tiny itsy bit of respect for your opinions.

+1 You're a troll, show us your M5 engine come-back or forever be silent. Your report is overdue.. But you have been granted an extension because I want to be amused by the answer.

Cannot wait for the LP-700 RT review Smiley

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

And In Other News............... C&D tested the LP700

0 - 60: 2.8s

0 - 100: 6.5s

1/4 mile: 10.8s

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/car/11q2/2011_lamborghini_aventador_lp700-4-first_drive_review

--

http://i54.tinypic.com/34fcl7a.jpg

Koko thank you! That video is brilliant! looooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllll
    --

There is no try. Just do.

JesseBank:

As someone who doesn't post often, yet reads Rennteam nearly every day, I can say that I deeply enjoy reading the experiences of those fortunate enough to be purchasing these cars, as well as hearing their feedback. As a grad student, I obviously can't afford really anything non-essential at this point, but through Rennteam I am able to live vicariously through those who can.

So thanks Dimitri, Mike S, and all others who share their experiences (and photos)! Please don't be dissuaded from sharing in the future by trolls who feel the need to argue every last little point.

+1 Smiley

whoopsy: zmolar:

Me ? Lazy ? I was the only one who actually took the time to investigate before "spewing words out of my mouth". I gave you bmw's own press release, who explicitely said the M5 engine IS HEAVILY BASED ON THE N63 engine which is the engine they use in the 550i.  Here you have it again, for the seventh time I think:

The first modern turbocharged M engine: twin scroll twin turbo technology with a patented exhaust manifold.
    Using BMW’s innovative, 4.4L reverse-flow V8 engine with High Precision Direct Injection and twin turbochargers as a basis, the new M engine introduces twin-scroll twin turbochargers and patented exhaust manifold technologies to achieve outstanding thrust and pulling force, while preserving the most compact dimensions possible.

Hell, even on wikipedia it says the exact same thing:

There is a twin scroll twin turbo version of the N63, known as the S63, which is made by BMW M. It features Cylinder-bank Comprehensive Manifold (CCM). Engine is rated 555 PS (408 kW; 547 hp) at 6000 rpm and 680 N·m (500 lb·ft) at 1500-5650 rpm. It currently powers the X5 M and X6 M, the high performance derivatives of BMW's Sports Activity Series crossovers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_N63

You guys said that "the M5 engine has nothing to do with the 550i engine". How the hell it has nothing to do with it, when it is based on that freaking engine ????

Dhayek, please excuse my impoliteness, you're right, but I was trying to make a point to that guy not to offend you in any way. What he was basically saying was that "if you're not rich enough to afford these cars you don't have the right to speak here or say your opinion", which excuse me but that is BS! And impolite at the same time but who cares, I'm just a broke dude who has never driven a supercar in his life, right ? 

Now regarding our arguments, or what you call "illogical arguments" on my part, the enzo is indeed a stripped car but then again most hipercars are. Why ? Because a hipercar is supposed to be as light as possible, and have a power to weight ratio as good as possible, or if you start adding limo-like creature conforts like awd, electric seats, satnav, airplane like center console and other useless crap like that, you won't get anywhere near the desired weight target. Instead you'll end up with a 1.7 ton pig, like this aventador, who probably isn't that much faster in a straight line than a 458 Italia (which has comparable power to weight ratio), not to mention track capability which I'm pretty sure is no match for that of the fezza !

kick in the nuts.gif

zmeulzmeilor:
    whoopsy: zmolar:

Me ? Lazy ? I was the only one who actually took the time to investigate before "spewing words out of my mouth". I gave you bmw's own press release, who explicitely said the M5 engine IS HEAVILY BASED ON THE N63 engine which is the engine they use in the 550i.  Here you have it again, for the seventh time I think:

The first modern turbocharged M engine: twin scroll twin turbo technology with a patented exhaust manifold.
    Using BMW’s innovative, 4.4L reverse-flow V8 engine with High Precision Direct Injection and twin turbochargers as a basis, the new M engine introduces twin-scroll twin turbochargers and patented exhaust manifold technologies to achieve outstanding thrust and pulling force, while preserving the most compact dimensions possible.

Hell, even on wikipedia it says the exact same thing:

There is a twin scroll twin turbo version of the N63, known as the S63, which is made by BMW M. It features Cylinder-bank Comprehensive Manifold (CCM). Engine is rated 555 PS (408 kW; 547 hp) at 6000 rpm and 680 N·m (500 lb·ft) at 1500-5650 rpm. It currently powers the X5 M and X6 M, the high performance derivatives of BMW's Sports Activity Series crossovers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_N63

You guys said that "the M5 engine has nothing to do with the 550i engine". How the hell it has nothing to do with it, when it is based on that freaking engine ????

I see someone spewing crap out of their mouth without passing them through their brain again.

Stop hijacking someone else's thread for your non-sense.

From you 'investigation' where is your list of parts that are the same and the list of parts that are different? 

Using your logic, all engines are the same as the original Otto engine then? While all the parts are completely different but since every 4-stroke engines made is based on the Otto engine they has to be the same.

Seriously, just keep your 'mouth' shut and stay in the corner quietly, in case you embarrass yourself even more.

rhino:

kick in the nuts.gif

SmileySmiley

Whoopsy: Seriously, just keep your 'mouth' shut and stay in the corner quietly, in case you embarrass yourself even more.  

koko:

rhino:

kick in the nuts.gif

SmileySmiley

And they call me aggressive ! 

Smiley

Anyway, as a sign of respect for the founder of this thread I will not continue the off-topic m5 discussion (which whoopsie impolitely brought up) here.

zmeulzmeilor:

Anyway, as a sign of respect for the founder of this thread I will not continue the off-topic m5 discussion (which whoopsie brought up) here.

That's a good boy, now just keep quiet in the corner and work on the M5 engine project.

Dimitri, the car is gorgeous. The sound is to die for.

I believe you had indicated it will be a daily car. How in the hell do you drive it in Beirut? The attention it will attract will force you to spend more time avoided drivers looking at your car and not paying attention to the road. Hope you have a secure parking space while at work.

--

Whoopsy:
    zmeulzmeilor:

Anyway, as a sign of respect for the founder of this thread I will not continue the off-topic m5 discussion (which whoopsie brought up) here.

That's a good boy, now just keep quiet in the corner and work on the M5 engine project.

Just the like the guy from the vid he just can't stop. He'll keep coming back for more Smiley

nick! long time buddy! 

yes it will my daily driver, like every other one that passed before, im against the sunday cars concept. i got used to the attention, and of course i have secured parkings at work and home. as for the traffic, i live with it. most importantly, i always have a very good insurance policy  

--

2010 jaguar XFR

Rossi:
    dhayek:

--

stefan, i think we get used to everything. in the murcielago what bothered me is not the width, but the ridiculous turning angle

--

2010 jaguar XFR

koko:
    Rossi:
    dhayek:

--

tarek, it was far from being practical but no it never really bothered me, , it was kinda tricky as there was no parking sensors nor camera, withe lp700 matter is solved

--

2010 jaguar XFR

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    781162 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442643 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263394 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261713 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85846 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5927 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881477 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    819060 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM