Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Crema/Sabbia interior .... any regrets?

Hi Ferarristas!

My deposit is in and Ill be getting my 458 around January as a 2012 model

Exterior will be rosso corsa. My first Ferrari so it has to be red... Smiley

So many interior choices and I like the 2 tone option. Plenty to chose from!

One that I like are several combinations with crema perhaps even sabbia better. Sabbia/Red, Sabbia/Cuoio.

I know crema/sabbia is harder to keep clean I can live with that but I want to make sure the color is not going to wear off that quickly or make me bore too soon.

Any crema or sabbia owners in here I would appreciate your comments.

I ilke to stay away from classic beige as much as possible (although beautiful colors) like something more unique yet sportier and elegant. Its a 458 and not a Bentley.

attachment.jpgCream-Red.JPGimage3.jpg

My other choice is two tone black red but that's another story. That's plan B.

Plan C is a black/cuoio two tone. Alcantara or not, thats another story.

My other car is currently a 997TTS cabrio, 2 tone, love the car btw. Ill be keeping it for a year or so until the 458 arrives. 

saludos

Coco

--

2011 Turbo S Cabriolet Guards Red/2tone Black Cream
    2006 Cayman S with goodies
    2005 Nissan Patrol 4.8
    2007 Toyota Hilux Bulletproof 

Re: Crema/Sabbia interior .... any regrets?

I love the 1st picture. So sporty and focused!

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

I do like both Crema and Sabbia and the middle photo looks good to me, but the top photo is even better. Crema/Sabbia w/ CF and some red alcantara would be very custom.   FWIW my thoughts for the 458 interior are similar to yours.  At this level I'm entitled to my tastes, but it is helpful to sound out opinions.  

--

"Don't worry about avoiding temptation, as you grow older it will avoid you"  Churchill

Personally I'd go with the black and red interior, IMO dark colors on sport car interiors make them looks more focused as well as making the driver feel that way too, I feel that softer leathers and colors are better suited for comfortable daily drivers or family cars. PS: correct me if im wrong but isn't the last picture ISUKs first 458 with the red handles?

Enmanuel:
    Personally I'd go with the black and red interior, IMO dark colors on sport car interiors make them looks more focused as well as making the driver feel that way too, I feel that softer leathers and colors are better suited for comfortable daily drivers or family cars. PS: correct me if im wrong but isn't the last picture ISUKs first 458 with the red handles?

Gracias Enmanuel.... + 1

But my head spins after playing with the configurator, there is so much one can do with interior these days, imagination goes wild. I am kid again.

Black/red alcantara is a fine choice. I just want to convince myself the other choices are not equal or better. A sabbia interior with a darker bi color looks sooooo tempting !!

Question will it bore me over time?

I have had numerous black leather interior cars, and for one reason or the other I always come back to black leather.  But that cuoio and sabbia are way niceeee !

I was looking at a L Reventon vid the other day, and one of the car was red with black red interior.... spectacular !

Not sure however if I should go with black with red leather or red alcantara inserts. Or the other other way around. Choices choices choices.

Ojala que no pase de moda no mas  Smiley

--

2011 Turbo S Cabriolet Guards Red/2tone Black Cream
    2006 Cayman S with goodies
    2005 Nissan Patrol 4.8
    2007 Toyota Hilux Bulletproof 

Id go with black and red inserts. I think it just looks better. Also it's better for resale. No te preocupes que igual se vera increíble !

Enmanuel:

Yes, well spotted..... it is/was my car. My new one has arrived and I'm collecting it on Wednesday. Same spec again but with the addition of the dash in carbon fibre this time and the JBL hifi upgrade. I normally like two tone interiors but having seen a couple on 458s I personally feel the cabin is too small to get away with it successfully so stuck with the nero leather and alcantara to give a texture contrast with the red stripe and thumbgrips giving a subtle highlight to tie in with the stitching and exterior colour (photo's make the thumbgrips look more overpowering than they are in real life).

Here is the interior of car number 2.

iains458 001.jpgiains458 002.jpgiains458 005.jpgiains458 007.jpg

Iain, why the JBL?

Btw, I love your interior especially the thumb grips. My 430 had the top half of the steering wheel the color of the exterior.The contrast gave the car a more racing elegant look. 1303772680216430 spider showroom 002.jpg

--

ISUK:
    Enmanuel:

Yes, well spotted..... it is/was my car. My new one has arrived and I'm collecting it on Wednesday. Same spec again but with the addition of the dash in carbon fibre this time and the JBL hifi upgrade. I normally like two tone interiors but having seen a couple on 458s I personally feel the cabin is too small to get away with it successfully so stuck with the nero leather and alcantara to give a texture contrast with the red stripe and thumbgrips giving a subtle highlight to tie in with the stitching and exterior colour (photo's make the thumbgrips look more overpowering than they are in real life).

Here is the interior of car number 2.

Woowsa Smiley

Luv it SmileySmiley

nberry:

Btw, I love your interior especially the thumb grips. My 430 had the top half of the steering wheel the color of the exterior.The contrast gave the car a more racing elegant look. 

Nick, I love your color combo.
    Do you ever miss it??

I love the first picture, very exotic and aggressive! A red F458 with this interior would be fantastic

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

I'd get an all black interior, only accentuated by carbon on the dash and middle console and some deviating colour stitching to lighten it up. For my taste no two-coloured dash or seats. Another thing, the steering wheel must be in a single colour. I find light coloured interiors to be more suited to luxury cars.

Ferrari has a modern but nevertheless classic shape (unlike Lamborghini and some other limited production exotics) and therefore it should also be restraint as much as possible on the inside. Modern classic with a racing flavour.

Just my taste

--

"Form follows function"

koko:
    nberry:

Btw, I love your interior especially the thumb grips. My 430 had the top half of the steering wheel the color of the exterior.The contrast gave the car a more racing elegant look. 

Nick, I love your color combo.
    Do you ever miss it??

I miss the exhaust sound and honestly some of the attention.Smiley

Now when I do get to drive the TT, I am incognito visually and audibly.Smiley

--

Nick,

I like your spider. Could a yellow 458 spider lure you back to the fold? Only 5 months  to go until that model is unveiled and I think it will be pretty special.

I optioned the JBL this time round as the dealer paid me over list for my first car so I decided to squander this windfall in a new option   I found that whilst the standard system is a great improvement over the hifi upgrade system in the 430 it still struggles to compete with tyre roar on some poorly surfaced sections of motorway.

Very tempted. Based on my discussions with the sales manager I would not have too wait long. All I need is to say the word. No deposit required. However, I am not there yet.Smiley

FWIW, years ago I spent a lot of money in upgrading the 360 hifi system. After a few months, I decided that the upgrade was the silliest and stupid thing I ever did in upgrading a car. Ferrari is all about sound and spirited performance driving. Music is a n unnecessary distraction.

Most of the time I had the upgraded system off. Smiley

--

nberry:

Very tempted.

Come on Nick, get the order in..... you know you want to Smiley  You're a long time dead and you don't want to be sitting in your Palm Springs retirement villa at the age of 90 saying "you know...... I wish I'd bought that 458 when I was still young enough to enjoy it" Smiley

Just to tempt you....... Giallo Tri Strato bicolour with Nero Opaco roof and diamond finished sports wheels. No 911 turbo ever looked or sounded as good as one of these Smiley

Giallo Triplo Strato Diamond wheels 1.JPGGiallo Triplo Strato Diamond wheels 2.JPGGiallo Triplo Strato Diamond wheels 3.JPG

ISUK:
    nberry:

Very tempted.

Come on Nick, get the order in..... you know you want to Smiley  You're a long time dead and you don't want to be sitting in your Palm Springs retirement villa at the age of 90 saying "you know...... I wish I'd bought that 458 when I was still young enough to enjoy it" Smiley

Just to tempt you....... Giallo Tri Strato bicolour with Nero Opaco roof and diamond finished sports wheels. No 911 turbo ever looked or sounded as good as one of these Smiley

Smiley  SmileySmiley

Any news on your 2nd Cali??

ISUK:

Giallo Triplo Strato Diamond wheels 1.JPGGiallo Triplo Strato Diamond wheels 2.JPGGiallo Triplo Strato Diamond wheels 3.JPG

This bicolore option looks great with many colours including the non-typical for Ferrari,silver (Alloy Grey?). It enhances the car even more.

Do you know how many are ordered with this option?

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

This bicolore option looks great with many colours including the non-typical for Ferrari,silver (Alloy Grey?). It enhances the car even more.

I guess not so many from the factory. Price for that option is ridiculous, so I guess many will choose an aftermarket foil (and this is fully removable BTW).

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    reginos:

I guess not so many from the factory. Price for that option is ridiculous, so I guess many will choose an aftermarket foil (and this is fully removable BTW).

I love this colour scheme, although not typical Ferrari.

1303927168983grigio bicolore.png1303927206645grigio bicolore2.png

--

"Form follows function"

that yellow 458 is exactly like the one i had! mine was giallo modena, with grigio ferro sport wheels and satin black roof

--

2010 Ferrari 458 Italia 

2009 Fiat 500 Abarth SS Ferrari 

dhayek:

that yellow 458 is exactly like the one i had! mine was giallo modena, with grigio ferro sport wheels and satin black roof

You sold it already??

koko:
    dhayek:

You sold it already??

yes, 3 weeks agoSmiley

--

2010 Ferrari 458 Italia 

2009 Fiat 500 Abarth SS Ferrari 

koko:

Last update showed it being at status 20 on MODIS which is"chassis in build at Scaglietti". It's showing a factory completion date of the 20th May so not long to go. I picked up my new 458 today. The paint finish is excellent and I've thus far found zero issues with the car. I racked up around 125 miles on the drive home and it was very enjoyable. The JBL stereo is great when you are travelling at low speed but it can't hope to compete with the tyre roar on rough motorway surfaces at higher speeds. I won't bother ticking this box on the spider.

ISUK:
    koko:

Last update showed it being at status 20 on MODIS which is"chassis in build at Scaglietti". It's showing a factory completion date of the 20th May so not long to go. I picked up my new 458 today. The paint finish is excellent and I've thus far found zero issues with the car. I racked up around 125 miles on the drive home and it was very enjoyable. The JBL stereo is great when you are travelling at low speed but it can't hope to compete with the tyre roar on rough motorway surfaces at higher speeds. I won't bother ticking this box on the spider.

Cheers buddy Smiley

Looking forward to see some pics of your Cali when it arrives.

koko:
    ISUK:
    koko:

Cheers buddy Smiley

Who cares about the Cali Smiley, show us the 458 now Smiley

J.Seven

J.Seven:
    koko:
    ISUK:
    koko:

Cheers buddy Smiley

Who cares about the Cali Smiley, show us the 458 now Smiley

J.Seven

I do, and you will too once you know the color combo he got Smiley

ISUK:
    koko:

That other sound system of the car though is more than capable of humbling the tyre roar! Smiley

Congrats Iain!!! Smiley I am sure you will really enjoy her! Smiley

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

I'm going to quote Aaron here, let's see if I can get this right : PICS OR BAN !! Yeah i think that was a good impersonation.

haha, agreed very sensible post.

ISUK, PICS OR BAN 

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689224 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409037 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255676 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234928 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65489 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857848 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773838 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM