Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Murcielago successor/replacement

@ggbh8, @HEIST - Thanks for the info! Smiley

Yeah, these new gearboxes pretty cool. I still prefer the stick shift tho... I guess I am old-fashioned, but I would rather accelerate slower with the manual than have the PDK / ISF sorta stuff.....  Smiley

+1Smiley

fritz:
    Just so we get this right, are you offering to paint a Murcielago or a pussy. Smiley

LOL Fritz, I like the way you think! Guess we're having the same kind of humor. At my work, I have a lot of international collegues, which gives me the opportunity to deliberately misinterpret their words, or "accidentally" say things that can have entirely different connotations... one of my favorite pastimes! Smiley

*back to topic*

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

4trac:
    Enmanuel:

Cool pictures Gauss. This car is cool, just not in red.

Come on Enmanuel... if you're too timid for red, you're too timid for a Lamborghini Smiley

jajajaja,  I do like it in yellow though Smiley  its not a matter of flashiness, I just think its a very color sensitive car, the lines are very precise and sharp, and a bad color could make it look too busy or like its trying too hard instead of making it looks badass and cool. Its a thin line.

Question: how do you get out of the car if it flips over in an accident ? Same for the mclaren what's it's name.

short presentation from 5th gear of the Aventador.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsxVK09BYUg

ggbh8:

short presentation from 5th gear of the Aventador.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsxVK09BYUg

LOL@ the trousers comment.

fritz:
    993Targa:

I'll paint it myself!

Just so we get this right, are you offering to paint a Murcielago or a pussy. Smiley

LOL  I meant the Aventador, but interesting thought... Smiley

zmeulzmeilor:

Question: how do you get out of the car if it flips over in an accident ? Same for the mclaren what's it's name.

That is something I had never thought about with cars that have upwards opening doors. I suppose there is some kind of emergency release mechanism you can work from the cabin, thats just an assumption though. 

on the sls there are mini detonators that blow the doors hinges out.

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Enmanuel:
    zmeulzmeilor:

That is something I had never thought about with cars that have upwards opening doors. I suppose there is some kind of emergency release mechanism you can work from the cabin, thats just an assumption though. 

On the old Countach it was called a hammer (to break the window). I wonder if they have a new fancy name for it now like H.A.M.R. Smiley

ggbh8:

On the old Countach it was called a hammer (to break the window). I wonder if they have a new fancy name for it now like H.A.M.R. Smiley

Are you serious?  Did they include a hammer?

Heist:
    ggbh8:

Would you have wanted to rely on any explosive charge fitted by the "old" Lamborghini company to work as intended and when intended? Smiley

--

fritz

koko:
    Enmanuel:

I'm liking the exterior from the shots of the gray car, but the interior   I think the exterior is so different that you expect the same "wow factor" inside. instead you get those cheap looking air vents. 

I agree. An updated Reventon interior .would have been nice with that exterior.

http://fondoscoches.com.es/wallpaper/Lamborghini-Reventon-Interior/

http://www.google.ro/images?hl=ro&q=dacia+logan+interior&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=742&bih=413

So, Dacia's Logan vents are more to your liking then ?  Smiley

Heist:
    ggbh8:

Yes it was placed under the dash

trip:

My only problem with the car is the 1575kg DRY weight. With a carbon monocoque I would have expected better. Besides the AWD, why must this car be so heavy compared to the likes of a Carrera GT, Enzo, or Zonda? Besides that, love the looks and sure to have epic performance.

From the first page of this thread: "Same rumoured specs are being repeated : 700hp, CF chassis, 1500kg kerb, big step forward for lambo"

It appears all the rumoured specs were spot on, except the weight. Which as we can see it's about 175 kilograms off ! That means this car is actually heavier than a Lp670 with tubular steel chassis ! A big step forward ? No, not really.

" On the old Countach it was called a hammer (to break the window). I wonder if they have a new fancy name for it now like H.A.M.R. Smiley"

Neah, I think they just give you an axe instead ! Why ? Simple, because you can use it both as a hammer to break the window or, if you're to fat and can't fit on the window (which is pretty narrow even for a hamster to fit), to rip the door from it's hinges...or at least try to do that while you're being roasted alive ! In a bull. Get it ? Roasted alive ? In a bull ? No ? Maybe this will help you:

http://www.google.ro/#sclient=psy&hl=ro&q=brazen+bull&aq=f&aqi=g2&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&fp=e5a2e69f3ecbecc3

zmeulzmeilor:
    trip:

My only problem with the car is the 1575kg DRY weight. With a carbon monocoque I would have expected better. Besides the AWD, why must this car be so heavy compared to the likes of a Carrera GT, Enzo, or Zonda? Besides that, love the looks and sure to have epic performance.

From the first page of this thread: "Same rumoured specs are being repeated : 700hp, CF chassis, 1500kg kerb, big step forward for lambo"

It appears all the rumoured specs were spot on, except the weight. Which as we can see it's about 175 kilograms off ! That means this car is actually heavier than a Lp670 with tubular steel chassis ! A big step forward ? No, not really.

The Murcielago 640 was rated at 1665 kg dry and was also 17 cm shorter than the Aventador and much less stiff!!! So yes, the Aventador is a big step forward in terms of weight!

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

fritz:
    Heist:
    ggbh8:

Would you have wanted to rely on any explosive charge fitted by the "old" Lamborghini company to work as intended and when intended? Smiley

Hell, forget the explosive charge - you couldn't even rely on the old Lamborghini to work as intended when intended. Smiley

REALZEUS:

The Murcielago 640 was rated at 1665 kg dry and was also 17 cm shorter than the Aventador and much less stiff!!! So yes, the Aventador is a big step forward in terms of weight!

No it isn't. How can 85 kilograms less be called "a big step forward" ? It is definetely an improvement, but it's not spectacular in any way. Especially since they replaced the steel frame chassis with carbon fibre, which was supposed to cut the weight down by at least 200 kilograms, and some said even 250 kilograms. And especially since other carbon-fiber supercars weight muuuch much less !

To put it into perspective, a carrera Gt weights 1280 DRY, an enzo 1250 DRY, a zonda 1280 DRY, this lambo on the other hand is at least 300 kilograms heavier than any of them ! And even if you remove the stupid AWD which is not to be found on any other supercar, except the stupid VWeyron, you still get a whooping 200 kilos more than those benchmark supercars ! So either AUDI is not able to design a proper carbon-fiber supercar, or they focus to much on luxury instead of performance, which a car like this should be all about. By the way, I think the center console alone in the aventador weights about 50 kilos or so Smiley

Oh, and like I said, the stripped down Murci LP670 is 100 kilograms lighter than the Lp640, and 15 kilograms lighter than this "big step forward", which is actually backward if we look at the numbers :P

zmeulzmeilor:
    REALZEUS:

No it isn't. How can 85 kilograms less be called "a big step forward" ? It is definetely an improvement, but it's not spectacular in any way. Especially since they replaced the steel frame chassis with carbon fibre, which was supposed to cut the weight down by at least 200 kilograms, and some said even 250 kilograms. And especially since other carbon-fiber supercars weight muuuch much less !

To put it into perspective, a carrera Gt weights 1280 DRY, an enzo 1250 DRY, a zonda 1280 DRY, this is at least 300 kilograms heavier than any of them ! And even if you remove the stupid AWD which is not to be found on any other supercar, except the stupid VWeyron, you still get a whooping 200 kilos more than those benchmark supercars ! So either AUDI is not able to design a proper carbon-fiber supercar, or they focus to much on luxury instead of performance, which a car like this should be all about. By the way, I think the center console alone in the aventador weights about 50 kilos or so Smiley

Oh, and like I said, the stripped down Murci LP670 is 100 kilograms lighter than the Lp640, and 15 kilograms lighter than this "big step forward", which is actually backward if we look at the numbers :P

I second this criticism. I cannot understand why the car must weigh so much more than other comparable hyper cars. The new Huayra weighs 1350kg with similar hp and features, at least as much luxury, DOT certified, with active aero and suspension. Sure its RWD only but 225 kg? That is a lot! Smiley

And when you think that, by simply removing all those gadgets and gizmos that no one really cares about, but which contribute decisively to the car's weight, i.e. AWD system and luxury BS, they could easily achieve a 200 kilogram weight reduction (so from 1580 to 1380 DRY, same as a ferrari 458 Italia), AND CUT THE PRODUCTION COST AT THE SAME TIME, you can't help but wonder, what kind of guys are in charge with developing these cars, and why are they allowed to do so ?? The answer is, of course, the same guys that are in charge with making incredibly boring...er "safe und luxurious" cars, which is the synonym for "audi", and second, because they OWN lamborghini and can do whatever they like with it, even it that means ruining the brand, by infusing Boring Audi DNA (or BADNA, or bad-DNA) in it.

Guy's leave it for the special ediitons.. Lambo will milk this chassis for a decade or so.

We will see at least 6 editions on this car. Each slightly lighter and with 5hp more.
    Then maybe even a RWD with stripes lol.

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

Atzporsche:

Guy's leave it for the special ediitons.. Lambo will milk this chassis for a decade or so.

We will see at least 6 editions on this car. Each slightly lighter and with 5hp more.

Ohhh, Don't forget the useless Versace Edition! Where they charge you 50K for a couple of stickers on each door Smiley

Atzporsche:

And yet when Porsche does this with 911, there will be 100 pages for discussing the spy pics only ! Smiley

^ Yep. No fewer than 20 versions of the 997 on sale right now!

haha it is a Porsche forum predominantly, not surprised at all.

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

JoeRockhead:

And each and every version is desirable. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

zmeulzmeilor:
    REALZEUS:

To put it into perspective, a carrera Gt weights 1280 DRY, an enzo 1250 DRY, a zonda 1280 DRY, this lambo on the other hand is at least 300 kilograms heavier than any of them ! And even if you remove the stupid AWD which is not to be found on any other supercar, except the stupid VWeyron, you still get a whooping 200 kilos more than those benchmark supercars ! So either AUDI is not able to design a proper carbon-fiber supercar, or they focus to much on luxury instead of performance, which a car like this should be all about. By the way, I think the center console alone in the aventador weights about 50 kilos or so Smiley

You cannot really compare a million Dollar Enzo to an Aventador that costs 1/3rd of what the Ferrari costs. The fact remains that the Aventador is much bigger than the Murci and is also lighter at the same time and a lot stiffer!

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

Rossi:
    JoeRockhead:

To certain Porsche enthusiasts only.Smiley Don't get me wrong, I like Porsches but I have friends that own Ferraris and Lambos that can't be bothered with the glorified VW bug as they call the 911.

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

REALZEUS:
    Rossi:
    JoeRockhead:

To certain Porsche enthusiasts only.Smiley Don't get me wrong, I like Porsches but I have friends that own Ferraris and Lambos that can't be bothered with the glorified VW bug as they call the 911.

Ferrari and Lamborghini to many are primarily  means of flashing money whereas the  Porsche name doesn't exhibit wealth. A matter of priorities I suppose Smiley

--

"Form follows function"

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM