Crown

Board: AMG Mercedes Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

SLS AMG price bump

SLS AMG price in Germany is going from 01st February 2011 from 183260€ to 186830€(prices with Mwst.).

I planned to order it this month but, now I am thinking to skip... 991 looks tempting and much, much cheaper...

Re: SLS AMG price bump

One of my wife's patients is a Mercedes VIP and she told her that she can get her any Mercedes model without any waiting time and at a reduced price.

When I met this patient, I asked about the SLS. Her face changed (from friendly to embarrassed) and she told me..."with the exception of the SLS, this car is in huge demand right now but I can get you one in 6 months...".

My dealer also gives only 3% rebate on the SLS, which is very very unusual for Mercedes (rebates are usually, even for AMG cars, around 15-20%).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Interesting... Here, I can get it within 4 months because local importer made a good deal with AMG(basically, our local market is not important but, AMG wants to sell SLS highly on smaller markets apparently). Rebate on SLS here? Marginal...

KresoF1:

SLS AMG price in Germany is going from 01st February 2011 from 183260€ to 186830€(prices with Mwst.).

I planned to order it this month but, now I am thinking to skip... 991 looks tempting and much, much cheaper...

Just wait a couple of years, you'll get it at ~120000 euros. As you may know, amg cars don't hold their value really well, so it's simply not worth it to buy one brand new. Plus you can get much better/exclusive sports cars for that money, like ferrari, lambo, mclaren, aston etc. I really don't get what's with all this fuss about the SLS. It doesn't even look that great, it's cramped inside, and it has the same engine/exhaust note you can get on any other Amg, including the entry-level C63 amg (which is the best car they make by the way). 

Over here we have sold 4 SLS in a tiny city of 300,000. That's amazing!! They are giving NO rebates and the sticker for the cheapest specced was $178,000 CAD. It's selling very well. Not surprised to see a little price hike. Also, my dealer is waiting for the soft top because apparently demand is huge...

To compare, Porsche has only sold 3 Panamera in the past year. There's no Lambo AFAIK and i've spotted a black 458 but i think it has US plates...

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

i did not get a single cent discount when i ordered mine. i got it at 149k euro base and total of 180k (excl.VAT) euro with all options incl. shipping.

unfortunately its still in the container in alexandria and i have no clue if that container has possibly been torched or ripped to pieces.

as it currently seems, it will be a while until i know in what state it is let alone pass it through customs.

been sitting there since january 7th and while it was going to be released all the chaos we are in unfolded......

at the moment we have more important matters to deal with and worry about.

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

KresoF1:

Mercedes really is pursuing Ferrari price policy with the SLS: car was presented with 177k base price, which was risen to 183k shortly after. Now already a new price hike up to 187k. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

intouch1:

i did not get a single cent discount when i ordered mine. i got it at 149k euro base and total of 180k (excl.VAT) euro with all options incl. shipping.

unfortunately its still in the container in alexandria and i have no clue if that container has possibly been torched or ripped to pieces.

as it currently seems, it will be a while until i know in what state it is let alone pass it through customs.

been sitting there since january 7th and while it was going to be released all the chaos we are in unfolded......

Speaking of which, it appears that president Mubarack has just ordered (read "confiscated") a SLS to use as get-away car if things go wrong. Hope it's not your car lol Smiley

intouch... I'm so sorry to hear whats going on in you country. I hope that you, your family and even the whole Egyptian folk will be fine and the end of this fights is near! 

Here in CH there is plenty of SLS - already at lower costs - www.autoscout24.ch

I still found it the best car I've ever driven - might not be the fastest on a Racetrack - but surely one of the most fun

intouch1:

Very good point.

Just make sure you keep a very low profile right now, people are very furious and confused, this is not a good time to show wealth in Egypt. I guess you know that though. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

ofcourse...

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Glad to hear you are ok Smiley

--

There is no try. Just do.

thanks pentium....appreciate it

--

zmeulzmeilor:
    intouch1:

Speaking of which, it appears that president Mubarack has just ordered (read "confiscated") a SLS to use as get-away car if things go wrong. Hope it's not your car lol Smiley

Not funny at all!!

I found this "joke" not elegant at all under the circumstances!

--

"Form follows function"

People in different countries have different senses of humour, so there is no need for irritation guys.

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

Intouch1, All the best to you and your country in these difficult times.

thank you !

--

Intouch1, Any news on your car?? Hope it's safe and sound.

i was told that the container is safe. however, i am not too sure someone actually went to check it out

life seems to be slowly getting back to normal so i will attempt to clear it from customs within the next 2 weeks.

it is also not necessarily the best time to exhibit such luxuries and it would have to loaded on a truck and delivered to MB in cairo for PDI and then transferred another 500 kms to my home. all rather tricky at the moment.

will keep monitioring things and decide when a good time might be.................

better safe than sorry !

--

Excellent strategy! The poor feel empowered and it will be difficult to predict what a few will do.Smiley 

--

Well, At least make sure it's safely stored somewhere other than a container. Best of luck.

nberry:

Excellent strategy! The poor feel empowered and it will be difficult to predict what a few will do.Smiley 

Smiley

--

i think it's safest in the container and not being exposed...

--

intouch1:

Shame, isn't it? Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    intouch1:

Shame, isn't it? Smiley

When people are famishing, that's the least of the country's problems... 

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

Another black SLS just sold my our local dealer going for only $205,000 CAD. That's pretty much MSRP. A pearl white one sold for $217,000 and they have two more with a few options.
    Strange but this black one was pretty loaded, and they already sold 4-5 in my little town. Seems to be doing very well..

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    690973 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410120 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256179 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235398 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65742 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858782 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775090 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM