Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: The moment I've been waiting for...

Here's a few I'd taken with my phone. of the helicopters and jets on the hangar that we'll be working on. They needed to turn some unused space into a storage area so we're building the steel structures they're going to use.

IMG-20120906-00323.jpg

IMG-20120906-00324.jpg

IMG-20120906-00326.jpg

IMG-20120906-00327.jpg

IMG-20120906-00325.jpgIMG-20120906-00329.jpgIMG-20120906-00328.jpg

Nice shots Enmanuel, thanks for sharing. Those jets are super shiny! indecision I hope the project goes smooth kiss

--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS 

Thanks for those pictures Pilot!
    Your RS is a dreamcar anyway, but those Eurocopters... they have a VERY special place in my heart since I was airlifted into hospital by one after my accident last May... kiss

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Thanks for the compliments Joost!

I am glad that you recovered so well since last May, the helicopters can come in really handy when every second counts.
    --

Pilot,

beautiful pictures. Very nice to keep the thread running. If I may ask, what devices are you flying? Planes, helicopters, jets?

I intended to become a pilot during my teenage years and collected the common stuff, magazines, models etc. Even made an internship at Lufthansa but finally decided otherwise. 

kiss

Thanks for your comment Ferdie! This thread is a big part of my Porsche ownership experience. Smiley

I'm an instructor pilot in the Eurocopter AS350 B2 and B3 Ecureuil. I started flying helicopters many years back and have loved every minute of it since. I am very proud to be able to fly the same model of helicopter (B3) that landed on Mount Everest in 2005. Smiley

It's cool that you are also interested in flying; I know what it's like to dream about flying and I too enjoyed collecting  flying related things when I was little. Smiley

--

Love Helicopters ! Check out my ride last week-end to Monza

P1050951.JPG

cockpit

P1050790.JPG

Hi BjoernB, that's a pretty cool ride, I hope you had a great time at Monza! Smiley

There's nothing better than using one cool toy to get to another place to see more cool toys, right? Smiley

--

competition was steep indecision

P1050915.JPG

P1050928.JPG

Pilot:

Thanks for your comment Ferdie! This thread is a big part of my Porsche ownership experience. Smiley

I'm an instructor pilot in the Eurocopter AS350 B2 and B3 Ecureuil. I started flying helicopters many years back and have loved every minute of it since. I am very proud to be able to fly the same model of helicopter (B3) that landed on Mount Everest in 2005. Smiley

It's cool that you are also interested in flying; I know what it's like to dream about flying and I too enjoyed collecting  flying related things when I was little. Smiley

The fact that this thread is so valuable to you as well is great! Smiley

I am not afraid of height or air travel in general but those helicopters make me feel a bit odd. Maybe it´s the missing relation of speed and cornering forces that you have in a plane, but my all-to-brief experience in a Bell Jet Range left me with that impression. Anyways, great that you pursue your path. You never know when one might need a helicopter in California. Smiley

Would most likely have become a commercial pilot, that´s what interested me the most. I am still fascinated by it but finally cars won over planes.

BjoernB:

cockpit

P1050790.JPG

Traveling in style, mate! Don´t remember you commenting on the F1 thread but I guess you had a great time.

I just received my official Certificate of Authenticity from Porsche! devil

In case anyone is not familiar with what it's for, it certifies the car's VIN #, model year/type, production completion date, engine and transmission type, exterior color code, interior material color and type, all factory installed options, and the total MSRP. In case of resale, the certificate adds an added bonus... for me it's more of a souvenir smiley

As you can see the certificate comes in a sleek grey folder. Inside there is also a very nice letter which, along with the certificate itself, is signed by Detlev von Platen, President and CEO of PCNA. kiss

My daughter (of course) withheld the package from Friday's mail and surprised me with it today on this lovely Sunday morning. Here are some photos (product shots if you will indecision) to enjoy ...

--

It's nice to see that Porsche still takes the time to do details like these. It keep a bit of the specialty of the brand, which lately we've feared will get diluted with rising production numbers and the introduction of more model lines. 

Very nice.  How did you manage to get hold of this - did you have to request it from your dealer/PCNA or does it come as standard with RS models?

PureBlue:

Very nice.  How did you manage to get hold of this - did you have to request it from your dealer/PCNA or does it come as standard with RS models?

Hi PureBlue, I got the idea for the Certificate of Authenticity from an advertisement in the Porsche Excellence magazine. I did have to pay for it, it was not standard with the vehicle; it is a nice added bonus though Smiley

Here is the link to the site where you can read more about it since I am not sure how it works in other countries:

http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesandservices/porscheservice/ownerservices/certificateofauthenticity/

Enmanuel: I agree that it is great that Porsche makes something like this available. Their dedication is commendable and when I called them to ask a question about the certificate they were extremely friendly and professional Smiley

--

People who take delivery of a brand new Porsche here in Kuwait [and the entire Middle East, if I'm not mistaken] receive a large box from Porsche Middle East about 4-6 weeks post delivery that contains booklets of documentation, a complimentary one-year enrollment in the local Porsche Club, advertisements and catalogues for the Porsche Travel Club and, the best part: a framed certificate with an actual Porsche crest used on the vehicles with the customer's name, vehicle model, chassis number, date of delivery, name of the Porsche dealer and a stylized silhouette of the model under a "Thank you for being a part of the Porsche family" quote. It's signed by the dealer's general manager and placed behind glass. A very lovely touch that makes you feel like you're part of an exclusive family; I too hope that Porsche doesn't lose this if their model lines proliferate and they acquire more customers.

I'll post a photo of the kit soon.

rulesdontapply

Of the 4 new and 4 used Porsche I've purchased, I've only ever received Flowers, Champagne, a small Teddy Bear and sporadic issues of Christophorus.

That's the UK for you!!

--

C2S - Basalt/Black XC90 - Black/Black 2 kids, 1 dog

The stuff my dreams are made of ...

We just came back from celebrating our 25th anniversary at the Ritz, and I must say it was an experience I will never forget! cool

Here is a teaser shot for you all, I promise there will be more photos coming soon! smiley

--

That picture shows the perfect way of telling a wife or girlfriend that you bought a new car for yourself. 

Hey Enmanuel, I think by now everyone knows the real secret behind this whole setup ... smiley

My daughter and I took these shots a few days before the anniversary celebration so we could include some printed images in the anniversary card. She also made the extra white bows to complement the iconic blue box! indecision

I'll have another set of photos posted soon; in the meantime, please enjoy these kiss

--

Here is an account of another moment I wished would never fade away ...

From sunset to sunrise, I probably had the best week of my life! It felt like I was marrying my wife for the first time again. cool These photos can only tell a fraction of the story, but I hope to be able to convey the spirit of this wonderful and special event through them nonetheless.

Here is to the Mrs. ... I wished I could freeze the time!

(By the way, it was a freezing cold morning in Palm Spring... but enough about freezing-- time or temperatures .)

Enjoy! kiss

--

No need to actually respond, but I do wonder which was actually worth more the black Porsche or the blue box?

In my world, that blue box would have to have been awesome!!

Tiffany is not a place to buy things using cash ..

bridggar:

Of the 4 new and 4 used Porsche I've purchased, I've only ever received Flowers, Champagne, a small Teddy Bear and sporadic issues of Christophorus.

That's the UK for you!!

You don't even get that now - at least not from Inchcape group dealerships. Free mats and that's it. No flowers, no champagne, no teddy bear - just Christophorus. And if they cock up they pretty much tell you to f**k off. Smiley

I was treated far better by our local Toyota garage when I purchased my humble clockwork rat - and that cost around a quarter of the price of the last new Porsche we bought.

---

Porsche 997 Carrera S PDK Aqua Blue / Black - Toyota Yaris D4D  "Clockwork Rat"

Hi Gladstone! I think I'd have to say that the Porsche and the blue box have the same value— my wife dreamed about getting that special box just like I always dreamed of owning my own Porsche. Now we are lucky enough to be able to enjoy these things :D

Roaring through the desert at dawn to catch the sunrise was a blast and the Woman in Pink made it even more special :)

Cheers!
    --

Is it your car that atomic80 used as a GT3RS model on one of his photo shoots (flickr)?

For my personal taste your Porsche is the best looking 911 ever. I’m sorry, I used your color schema as draft for my next car (early spring 2013) …

Congrats ! what a milestone 25 years 

Awesome pictures as always. 

Itsme:

Is it your car that atomic80 used as a GT3RS model on one of his photo shoots (flickr)?

For my personal taste your Porsche is the best looking 911 ever. I’m sorry, I used your color schema as draft for my next car (early spring 2013) …

Hi Itsme! It's great that you used the same color scheme for your car, I'm sure you're excited about getting it :D Be sure to post lots of photos when you get your car, we'd all love to see it!

About the photo shoot: mine is not the car atomic80 used (or at least I'm not aware of it ;) )... Could you please post a direct link to them so I can take a look? Thanks!
    --

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/17/24 7:48 AM
    GnilM
    662344 1775
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    401225 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    254597 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    229222 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    59585 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4381 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

853537 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    761931 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM