Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: The moment I've been waiting for...

I drooled. Seriously. 

The first picture could be the cover of a need for speed game indecision

great shots as always Pilot. It's good to see you and your loved ones are having fun with the car. Congrats on the suit, it sounds awesome. And Happy birthday wink

Agree. The second picture should be the theme shot of a road movie. You also made me consider getting a tailor-made suit.

indecision

Enmanuel, thank you for your birthday wishes! wink

It was truly a special day for me and my daughter keeps surprising me with her photographic skills ...

--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS 

Ferdie, I'm glad you like the photos. They are all unedited and I really like how they turned out. kiss

A tailor-made suit is wonderful! There is something special about having your name stitched inside the jacket and shirt. smiley

--

Awesome pictures of your stunning car! Love it....  Thanks for sharing!

Enjoy that beauty as often as possible!!!

Awesome pics, thanks for sharing your passion and enjoyment for life and Porsche with us always!

Oh and happy birthday mate wink

Thank you Lars997 for your compliments, and Atzporsche for your birthday wishes! I appreciate it wink

Here is another photo from the same drive that I really like. It captures the mood of the morning and I think it fits the spirit of the car-- free, vast, mysterious, majestic, powerful, beautiful kiss

--

congrats ! pulled mine out of the service a couple of days and next to the same software update they found a crack in the silencer  (which obviously was known for the RS to happen on some yes) - and replaced it right away under warranty - showing me the old one. I am very happy with their excellent service ! However, now I have the feeling it's less noisy when the SportMode is on - but I am running it in very hard indecisionheart

Where is this crack Bjoern? Out of curiosity so I can look out for it in future.

Pilot:

Thank you Lars997 for your compliments, and Atzporsche for your birthday wishes! I appreciate it wink

Here is another photo from the same drive that I really like. It captures the mood of the morning and I think it fits the spirit of the car-- free, vast, mysterious, majestic, powerful, beautiful kiss

AWESOME PHOTOS !!!! Smiley

Pilot, is there any chance you can post this pic high resolution please ???

my Ipad 2 is asking for this as screensaver !!!SmileySmileySmiley

--

Thanks so much Alex18_996CC. My daughter appreciates the compliment indecision I sent you a message regarding the photo, I'll get it to you soon.

--

Mike S:

Where is this crack Bjoern? Out of curiosity so I can look out for it in future.

on the silencer - have it checked for cracks as long as you have warranty - I am extending it every year and have their 111 point check done. They said due to lightweight the walls are very thin and some have had a issue under the big temperatur differences. However, they seem to be very generous. I would just make yr dealer aware that you know - otherwise the car runs like a Swiss watch Smiley

BjoernB:
    Mike S:

on the silencer - have it checked for cracks as long as you have warranty - I am extending it every year and have their 111 point check done. They said due to lightweight the walls are very thin and some have had a issue under the big temperatur differences. However, they seem to be very generous. I would just make yr dealer aware that you know - otherwise the car runs like a Swiss watch Smiley

Thanks Bjoern, I will do that. I would see this as a design flaw, strange they don't come out with a more robust version.

PS. Sorry to hijack your thread Pilot Smiley

No worries Mike S and thank you for the information BjoernB. The thread is here for everyone to share insights and the thing about the cracked silencer is important to be aware of. kiss

--

It was a beautiful Saturday night in downtown LA-- just right to spend some good time with the Mrs. and the RS. smiley

We went to the bar and lounge on the 24th floor of the Ritz-Carlton hotel next to the Staples Center. They have some really good sushi up there and their cocktails are first class. kiss

Driving and parking was not all that bad, but without the lifter I would have been splitter-f*%#&^.

Near the Disney Concert Hall I saw some lights hanging on the side of the street and thought that they'd make a great decoration in a photo of the car, so I pulled over and took the picture. I quite like how it turned out ... please pardon the quality, my photographer was out and all I had was my iPhone to capture the moment. indecision

--

kiss

Climbing into the cockpit of our RS remains a very special and rewarding feeling. I was on the way to have dinner when I pulled over to take this shot-  5000 fast moments filled with fun and excitement. wink

As you can see from the photo, even when the car is stopped it begs to be taken to the red line, the green arrow says "look here, this is where the needle is supposed to be... not way over there on the left!" indecision

--

It is no secret that amongst other things smiley, I love the desert. Beautiful, vast open space, just right to open her up. Imagine the RS roaring across heat soaked desert roads with the flappers wide open. indecision

After 15 months of ownership, I still feel like a little kid playing with his Porsche toy car. I love how this engine burns the fuel and uses up everything it has in it. The titanium exhaust tips just have a shiny blue color on the inside.

Of course, the day wouldn't be perfect without my co-pilot ... After the photo shoot we had a classic breakfast at Ruby's, before we continued with our journey ... blush

--

Enmanuel:

Hey Enmanuel, I just got up and of course the first thing I did was log on to Rennteam. So much for my car addiction. indecision I guess it could be worse ... Smiley

--

Pilot:
    Enmanuel:

Hey Enmanuel, I just got up and of course the first thing I did was log on to Rennteam. So much for my car addiction. indecision I guess it could be worse ... Smiley

Yeah it could, you could have the addiction but not have a Porsche. Smiley

Great shots Pilot... and nice to see another GT3 variant used as designed.  But I'm curious.... since I assume a guy like you always shares his toys, how does your co-pilot manage heel-and-toe shifts in those heels???   indecision

--

2011 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S

4trac:

Great shots Pilot... and nice to see another GT3 variant used as designed.  But I'm curious.... since I assume a guy like you always shares his toys, how does your co-pilot manage heel-and-toe shifts in those heels???   indecision

... well ... didn't Chris Harris point out in an early review that the brake pedal sits a bit too high in our cars for "heeling-and-toeing" on the road? So, hence the heel extensions Smiley  wink

--

Thanks for your magnificent pictures. They look as if they are part of a road movie and leave so much room for one´s own interpretation.

kiss

Ferdie:

Thanks for your magnificent pictures. They look as if they are part of a road movie and leave so much room for one´s own interpretation.

kiss

Thanks very much Ferdie, I agree. I am glad that the photos leave space for people to interpret and dream. wink

--

Love the desert, love your car and love the elegant, yet sexy  look of your wife kiss Great photos !!

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Gnil:

Love the desert, love your car and love the elegant, yet sexy  look of your wife kiss Great photos !!

Thanks so much Gnil! It was a beautiful day and a great trip. I am glad I can share my excitement with everyone here and am equally grateful for the positive response Smiley

--

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I've posted, but I'm back! indecision

I had the opportunity today to use an EC135 for a photo shoot when I visited my friends at Southern California Edison. It was great to combine two great mechanical feats into one final product kiss SCE runs a great operation and they have cool toys to play with there, including the one in the photos!

I'm so happy with my charcoal grey car ... and I am equally happy about crossing the 20,000 views mark wink Thanks for clicking on this thread and for all the friendly comments that everyone has left. On to 25,000 views, yes? smiley Speaking of big numbers and milestones, I want to share that I will soon have 9,000 flight hours! That's over 1 year in the air and I can't wait to get there. blush

I hope you guys enjoy the pics!

--

Awesome !! your RS looks fantastic next to that heli. I was just at a private airport yesterday and I was all the while thinking I should've had my camera to take some pics of the cool helicopters and jets there to post. seems like you made it for it kiss

Enmanuel:

Awesome !! your RS looks fantastic next to that heli. I was just at a private airport yesterday and I was all the while thinking I should've had my camera to take some pics of the cool helicopters and jets there to post. seems like you made it for it kiss

Thanks Enmanuel. I could hang out at airports all day long. It  never gets old watching airplanes or helicopters taking to the sky. The smell of jet fuel is as addicting as Shell V-Power ...SmileySmiley   

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/17/24 7:48 AM
    GnilM
    661055 1775
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    400887 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    254555 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    228963 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    59306 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4372 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

853268 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    761325 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM