Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: The moment I've been waiting for...

Barney: How are you finding the ride quality for daily driving ?

I love it. In normal mode the RS feels tight and stiff but nothing to be concerned about. I have yet to try the sport mode. Overall the car is very agile and responds instantly to any inputs.

The PCCBs do their job very well, the car decelerates super fast. This is great for the driver but other cars may not be able to respond as quickly so that is one thing to keep in mind when someone is driving behind you.

Looking forward to all your pics! Until then, here is another one of mine... me driving at night...again... 

--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS 

I think Pilot is taking a great marketing approach to this thread. One pic per comment, because he knows we'll be back to watch it so he can boost up his views. We're on to you man 

Big congrats Pilot!

Wait till you play with it on the track...this car is a keeper.

Here's mine (your elder brother).

2010RSwhistlerdrive 1003.JPG

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe #13;  2011 Panamera 4

Enmanuel: ...We're on to you man 

... to prove you wrong, I won't post one today.

Targa Tim: ...Here's mine (your elder brother).

Wow, your RS looks great! I considered this color combo too, but I already have a blue car and wanted a non-metallic color again, so I decided for the greyblack.

This weekend is going to be rainy here in California, so most likely I won't be able to take any new photos that are worthwhile posting ...too bad ...

--

Today was my first drive during daylight hours.   I'm not  kidding. It was a beautiful Sunday here in California and what a day to celebrate my wife's birthday.

I took her out in the RS for Champagne brunch at the Ritz in Laguna Niguel. First we actually wanted to celebrate at the St. Regis where Porsche had the west coast event for the GT2RS, but parking was questionable and I didn't want to take any unnecessary risks.

As always the food at the Ritz was excellent and we both enjoyed the ocean view while eating.

On the way home a police car followed us again, but no trouble. I guess maybe he just wanted to check out the car. This RS is a police magnet; Porsche should include this in the description of the car...

I can't really add anything that hasn't already been said about the RS. The sound, the power, and the handling is superb. I hope I don't end up in jail one day for speeding. This car was not built to go slow. This is where a German Autobahn would come in handy...

Here are the photos from today in front of the fountain at the entrance of the St. Regis hotel:

--

Pilot:

Enmanuel: ...We're on to you man 

... to prove you wrong, I won't post one today.

Smiley  I stand corrected. 

Congrats to you and your wife for the birthday, she must love the car too if she's just gonna sit in it on her b-day while you take pictures Smiley.  The pics in the sunlight look great !! 

Enmanuel:  Smiley  I stand corrected.

You stood corrected for a little while, now that I am armed with new photos I will continue my marketing campaign.  

Thank you for the birthday wishes, it was truly a wonderful day.

Enjoy!

... I wish I had this fountain in my backyard...

--

Smiley         sneaky   

Pilot, your car is spectacular! Really love the dark grey colour and the slick combination with black decals and rims as opposed to those shiny contrasting coloured offered. The Michelin Cup tires looks the race business. Awesome! 

--

Current: 997.2 C2S Meteorgrey/Black - PDK, PSE, LSD, SportChrono, Nav, BOSE, etc.

Sold: 997.1 C2S Black/Black - PSE, Adaptives, PCCB, -20mm/LSD, Short-shifter, SportChrono, Nav, BOSE, etc.

Lukas: Thanks for the compliments. I love the combo too precisely because it looks like it belongs on a track but still doesn't call too much attention to itself on the street... Well except for the cops ;) Sent from my iPad.
    --

Congrats on an amazing car!

Pilot- looks great! Love the photos. Congrats and be sure to take it to the track at least once!

Cheers- Pete

Pilot took delivery today and done 200 miles what a car. I have had pretty much everything Gallardo's 599 ,Scuderia etc etc but this is a proper bit of kit. What an engine absolutely fabulous. While firm as you say excellent on the open road and easily livable in town. Very pleased to say the least. i am no photographer but here a a couple of quick pics off my phone.

Will do a fuller report at the weekend.photo1.JPGphoto2.JPG

cheers

--

GT3RS mk II

Congratulations! Very nice... did you agree on the specs with Pilot prior to delivery? The car looks great as well but less prominent without the decals. I would strongly recommend the black center caps on that car.

Barney: Congrats! She looks beautiful! You almost beat me out on the milage count and I have had mine for two and a half weeks ;) I agree on the RS, it is a magnificent car from all angles. Porsche really created a masterpiece with this car and all the pieces work together so well! Sent from my iPad.
    --

Good God! 1299046115159wow2.gif

Fantastic! Congratulations to you all.

Ferdie :

Black centre caps on their way apparently . My order was done last June just didnt bother with delivery till now but car was physically at dealer from mid December. They are not great in the snow in Scotland so just left it. Very frustrating though. Sadly Scotland isnt like south califonia so went without the decals.

Pilot :

Scraped the front lip yet ? I have the lift system forgot to use it but no harm done all underneath.

cheers

--

GT3RS mk II

Barney: nope, I haven't scraped the front lip yet... But sadly I know the day may come ;) I am glad that you didn't damage your car, but even if you got the front lip scratched, remember it is a sacrificial piece :) Sent from my iPad.
    --

barney i got one just like it. should be here on sunday

Pilot:

OMFG such a nice picture Smiley

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

savvy: Pilot- looks great! Love the photos. Congrats and be sure to take it to the track at least once!

Thanks for the compliments! I am sure the track is the perfect place for the car, I can tell by the way it goes on a regular street... and it GOES Can only imagine how it would feel to drive on a track where you're supposed to go fast

Atzporsche: OMFG such a nice picture Smiley

Thanks you so much, I try Hope the new ones are to your liking as well!

This was my third week with the RS. My daughter and I got up early this morning (Sunday) to go to Los Angeles for a photo shoot of the car. The city was very empty, as expected and desired, and we were not rushed by any traffic or bothered by cops.   

The first shot show the Disney Concert Hall on Grand Ave; second one is looking east towards the L.A. City Hall. It was a great morning; the sun was already warm and it was very quiet, well... except for the GT noise. 

Enjoy the photos! I will post more soon ... (haha Enmanuel, I am posting more than one photo per post, but you'll all have to wait for more )

--

Pilot:

[...]

Enjoy the photos! I will post more soon ... (haha Enmanuel, I am posting more than one photo per post, but you'll all have to wait for more )

LOL SmileySmiley 

As soon as I saw you had made a post I was ready to comment back on how you hadn't posted the daily picture for days, I laughed so hard when I saw you beat me to it. 

The pics are great! oh and don't worry Aaron (aka Atzporsche) is going to drop from the first pic, great architecture and a great car together in one shot, perfection. 

OMG, that first shot is the money!! Love the reflection of early morning rays off of Frank's creation

From your shots, i can tell you love you RS to bits, cheers to that 

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

Atzporsche: OMG, that first shot is the money!! From your shots, i can tell you love you RS to bits, ...

Thanks. I had one of my best days with the car today... it is soooo much fun to drive! This RS is every bit the car I had envisioned.

Enmanuel:  I was ready to comment back on how you hadn't posted the daily picture for days.

Well... I knew that is what you were doing... so I figured I would beat you at your own game...

Here is more from this beautiful Sunday morning:

--

Pilot, what a beautiful car.  All these pics make me want to post mine too lol.

Pilot,
    I 'll have to chime in here, as I have been drooling over these pictures for days now!
    Do you happen to have the last two in high res PLEASE? They're true wallpaper material!

Cheers Joost.

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Joost: Do you happen to have the last two in high res PLEASE?

I wish I had the photos in high resolution, but generally I shoot in small format to make it easier to download,upload and send. Thank you for the great compliments! Maybe I will shoot some future images in higher resolution, and hopefully those will live up to some of these 

WAY: Thanks for the compliment, would love to see some pics!

So, after spending quality time in downtown L.A. I had to fill up the RS- this thing eats gas like it's nothing . I must say I have never reached LA quicker than yesterday... ... and the way back home was nice too

--

Pilot:

Smiley   Best picture of a GT3RS ever. 

I broke up with my girlfriend after falling in love with your car

--

Atzporsche:

I broke up with my girlfriend after falling in love with your car

I don't this his RS is the cheating type. 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    761680 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    434973 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260280 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257390 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80869 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5318 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

871783 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807123 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM