Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: The moment I've been waiting for...

Congrats! It sounds like holding out for the RS was worth it.

Incredible looking car.  Great pick for your first one!!!  That'll certainly be a Valentine's Day to remember.

BjoernB: Fantastic color combination . it's a keeper !

I think so too!

easy_rider911: Magnificent colour combo - wow

Thanks!

davew (cincy): Fan-freakin-tastic!!

I like that word- that's how I would sum it up too.

JoeRockhead: Congrats! It sounds like holding out for the RS was worth it.

You bet! I'm glad I did.

Northshore04: That'll certainly be a Valentine's Day to remember.

It certainly was!

My work week of flying is almost over. The last days were reduced to just looking at the car... You can imagine how much I was looking forward to driving her again. One of my favorite buttons in the car turns out to be the sport button.   The engine sound is just incredible with the button on. I love everything about the car: it is loud, it is low, it is stiff and tight, and it pulls away like there is no tomorrow.   One can only imagine how it will be between 5000 and 8500 rpm.

Enmanuel:  Ok, all these teaser shots are driving me crazy !! could we please get some proper pics 

Here we go; some new shots from this evening.

Pilot, that's awesome...

I really, REALLY love the "unobtrusive" color scheme. The rs is in-your-face enough, this color makes it kinda sinistre, really love it!

Could you please, PLEASE post some more of those nice pictures?

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Thanks for the great pics - I like how you have TVs at the Shell filling stations - I guess when you are filling up a Cadillac Escalade tank, it can take a while

--

RT Moderator - 997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm sports suspension/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

I love the "audio-off"   - here's a shoot from my friends RS with Red dials

1298025472940DSC_2756.jpg

Yeah - Audio Off - with a RS flat 6 soundtrack, you don't need music ...

--

RT Moderator - 997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm sports suspension/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Joost: Pilot, that's awesome... this color makes it kinda sinistre, really love it!

Thanks. It kinda makes the driver do sinister things with it too.

BjoernB: Thanks for the photo.

easy_rider911: Yeah - Audio Off - with a RS flat 6 soundtrack, you don't need music ...

So true!

The car keeps me awake; only three hours of sleep last night... and even when I try counting sheep they all turn into little GT3's! 

Here is more:

That's what I'm talking about ! Great shots Pilot, this color combination is just way too good. I dare say its the best looking RS I've ever seen.

Enmanuel:

That's what I'm talking about ! Great shots Pilot, this color combination is just way too good. I dare say its the best looking RS I've ever seen.

+1  who'd have thought it - you've got me raving about grey..Smiley

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

1st shoot is TOP NOTCH.....

Fantastic shots, you love this car, can't wait to read about you hitting 8500rpm in 2nd

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

Enmanuel: I dare say its the best looking RS I've ever seen.

Thanks. PETMAKO was the inspiration for the color combo. So thanks to him too.

BjoernB: 1st shoot is TOP NOTCH.....

I'm glad you like it - my daughter and I had fun taking the photos... well she took most of them :)

Atzporsche: ... can't wait to read about you hitting 8500rpm in 2nd.

Hopefully without a cop nearby.

Quick service from Porsche - I picked up my car last Friday and today (Friday) I got the wheel caps that I was missing as part of the car initially. So... of course I couldn't wait to install them, so I did that earlier...

Well, here is the result, just as I wanted it!

Great photos and congrats.

I have same colour combo but without the graphics picking up 1 March. Having seen your pics I cant wait. Cant get the thicker steering wheel in black centre in UK and didnt go for the red dials but otherwise nearly same spec. Like your new centre caps. Do you have a pic of them back from the car so I can see them in perspective to the whole car ?

cheers

--
    997 TT Ferrari 430 Scuderia Range Rover Supercharged Bentley GT Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder

Barney: ...and didnt go for the red dials but otherwise nearly same spec.

Actually I didn't get the red dials either... that interior shot is not of my car I am sure you are excited for your RS and you'll love it when you get it!

Congratulations and enjoy! 

Congratulations. I like the color.

About the only think I would changed (personal preference) is probably a powder coat of the yellow CC calipers. On a subdued, stealth job like this - they just pop and stand out too much. Sacrilegious I know.

Oh, and how are you finding the ride quality. Is it as spleen busting and teeth jarring as many have said? 

Pilot I like your red RS centre cap very nice although I like the Porsche crested ones also. Guess I will just have to wait and get the car. I suppose it wont matter if we have the same as unlikely to pull up alongside you at the lights from Scotland !!

On Heist comment the ride on the RS is actually relatively supple (I had a freinds for 200 miles for a weekend prior to delivery of my own) and margianally better than the GT3 . I have an R8 as well and not that much different on very bad roads I have locally. I also drove a MK I and much better than that.

Will post some pics after the 1st March after pick up. Wont be as good as yours Pilot very nice already in my collection !

cheers

--
    997 TT Ferrari 430 Scuderia Range Rover Supercharged Bentley GT Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder

Heist: Oh, and how are you finding the ride quality. Is it as spleen busting and teeth jarring ...

The ride quality is superb if you ask me I have only driven in normal mode so I can't really speak for the sport mode yet. The car is very direct and responds very quickly, especially the brakes, but this is not a problem at all when driving around town.

Barney:  The Porsche crested caps would have been nice too had they been on a black background, I think that would have fit better to the rest of the wheel, at least in my opinion For me it was important to have the original red RS logo on the caps. Can't wait to see some of your pictures!

Glad that it's the weekend, that way I can keep reading up on things and exploring the car

Pilot, many congrats on your car - it is simply stunning. One of the best color combos I have seen. 

And the quality of your pics is also top notch. But why are you keeping us on a diet in terms of posting them?

--

Matt C
    2009 997 GT3 Mk2  / 1988 911 3.2 Conv.

Pilot I am getting persuaded towards the black centre caps with the red RS logo as although I dont have any decals on my car the rear bootlid GT3RS is in red. Lovely pic of the wheel but do you have a pic of the whole car to see the cntre caps in full perspective ? Much appreciated.

As others have said great pics all round.

cheers

--

Matt C and Barney:

Thanks for the compliments. I'm working on new photos and I will post more soon.

BTW just to clarify: this photo is from before I changed the caps ...I didn't put these ones back on.

--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS 

Another beautiful evening here in Southern California. My RS gets better everyday.

Once the car is warm it is easy to shift and the engine response to throttle inputs is incredible. Instant power combined with a dragon like sound makes you completely forget about speed limits.

So a new photo shoot from this evening produced these results.

Enjoy!

--

Beautifull night shots, as all the other ones before 

But do you ever drive your car during day light ? 

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

...Batman always works at night...Smiley...

Buuuuuut, seriously, I somehow can see from the pics that here is somebody who really got his (car) dream fulfilled...Smiley

Awesome car Mr. Pilot, love your configuration!

Gnil: But do you ever drive your car during day light ? 
    d997h: ...Batman always works at night...Smiley...

Gnil ... well now you have the answer ... my cover is blown ...

Porker: Awesome car Mr. Pilot, love your configuration!

Thanks, I'm super happy with it!

Last night was truly awesome again. As I get more familiar with my RS its true colors begin to show.

--

Pilot do you not need number plates in California ? Looks nice without them but illegal in UK ?

--

GT3RS mk II

...well... I do need number plates... but I figured I would keep them off that way I can't be tracked by the police if I go too fast...

No, but seriously I will put them on as soon as I get them, I just haven't gotten them yet. By "them" I actually just mean the rear license plate, the other one would spoil the front. 

BTW, how are you feeling? Excited for your car? Its coming on March 1st right?

--

Pilot

Getting pretty wired waitng for it. They are trying to get the black centre caps with the red RS log for my pick up but weather in Scotland wet and cold at the moment so looking at proper road tyres instead of the cup tyres which I will save for summer.

Will post some pics after collection.

How are you finding the ride quality for daily driving ?

--

GT3RS mk II

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/17/24 7:48 AM
    GnilM
    661803 1775
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    401098 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    254579 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    229113 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    59464 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4378 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

853439 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    761687 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM