Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: The moment I've been waiting for...

Thank you for the compliments blueflame! The car is a dream to drive; I guess there's no time for dirt to latch onto the car when it zooms by Smiley I appreciate the article link too, it's too bad what happened to that car Smiley

--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS 

I am lost for words. A beautiful car and a beautifully kept car. RESPECT!

That's a great compliment Spyderidol. Thank you so much Smiley

--

Update Porsche OEM Lithium Battery:

I just wanted to follow up on my decision to have this new battery installed in our RS. Aside from the weight savings and its looks, this battery really performs! Everything is so snappy now-- from unlocking the car and the fast response of the window when you open the door, to how quickly the engine turns over and ignites the fuel.

My car was never like that before, who knew a battery could provide so much extra joy... smiley

--

Pilot:

I just wanted to follow up on my decision to have this new battery installed in our RS. Aside from the weight savings and its looks, this battery really performs! Everything is so snappy now-- from unlocking the car and the fast response of the window when you open the door, to how quickly the engine turns over and ignites the fuel.

My car was never like that before, who knew a battery could provide so much extra joy... smiley

Doesn't the car fly now? Smiley

Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), 991 Turbo S (Oct. 5th), BMW X3 35d (2013)

RC:
    Pilot:

Doesn't the car fly now? Smiley

Smiley Smiley

I was hoping RC, but something is still holding it down. blush Smiley

--

SmileySmiley

Blueflame Smiley

Pilot:

LOL, you might wanna try mounting the rear wing upside-down...?!? Smiley

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Joost:
    Pilot:

LOL, you might wanna try mounting the rear wing upside-down...?!? Smiley

... I don't think that procedure is covered under warranty. Smiley Smiley

--

Porsche Workshop Campaign WC51

Yesterday was my scheduled appointment for the WC51 recall, which calls for the replacement of the Center Intake-air distributor. Apparently the tiny screws that secure the flappers can get loose and stuff makes it into the combustion chambers (the problems are well documented on other sites). My technician, who always works on my car, said that it was a pain to get to that area to complete the work. Porsche apparently allocated only 2.1 hours or so for this job, but from what I read on other forums, it takes almost a full day. I was at the dealer the full day; from when it opened, to when it closed. Luckily I like my dealership indecision

Overall, I was very happy again with how everyone at my dealer handled everything. My technician is very thorough in all the work he does and all the service team as well as the sales team is friendly and helpful. kiss

Here are some photos I wanted to share. I kept the best for last ... from my way home, blasting over the pavement at unsafe velocities, or something like that in "police talk."

--

Pilot:

Haha surely you jest. I've had two Spyders and two 997.2 GT3s, first set of Spyder/GT3 was without Lithium, and the second time around it was specced with Lithium. Could I feel the difference? Not at all. Maybe I'm just not as in tune with these things as you are!

Btw, been reading this thread with interest.  Lately I've been dreaming of buying a RS just like yours including black/grey  colour. I want something to keep with manual and without electric steering which I really don't like much. RS makes the most sense. Love your car, and until I find the right spec one (I'm in no hurry), I live vicariously through you! 

The new electric steering setup won't disappoint, try to get a 991 GT3 testdrive whenever a car will be available for testdrives, you'd be surprised.  New software does wonders.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Thanks WAY, and much appreciated! Smiley

About the Lithium battery, I'm not making it up. At first, I thought so too, but then my technician said the same thing; "none of the 911s he starts up turn over like mine." I'm really happy with this battery. Not only can I open the engine lid and still look at a beautiful race engine, but now I can also open the front hood and look at something nice inside the battery compartment. Smiley

WAY, I hope you will be able to find your dream RS soon, they are really fantastic cars! Smiley

--

I haven't heard from that recall......are all 997 GT3RS concerned or just a few ? I need to check that ! TKS !

BjoernB:

I haven't heard from that recall......are all 997 GT3RS concerned or just a few ? I need to check that ! TKS !

I believe it is for the 997.2 3.8 and 4.0 RS only.

--

Dealer confirmed my car now asking for a appointment (3h job) AFTER I told him.....I am kind of p....mail crying - thanks Pilot ! cool

BjoernB:

Dealer confirmed my car now asking for a appointment (3h job) AFTER I told him.....I am kind of p....mail crying - thanks Pilot ! cool

Smiley Weird... 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Indeed, RC, that is weird because if something comes loose it can mess up the engine quite a bit. Smiley

No problem BjoernB, let me know how it goes! Smiley Just to be safe I would plan to spend more than 3 hours at the dealership; the shortest time I've heard is 6 hours. Hopefully yours is quicker. Also, my technician said that the instructions they provided to do the recall don't really work; there's not enough space to get to certain areas without taking other parts off first.

--

mmm... how come I havent received a letter for the recall?

mine is 2010 997.2

i am guess it's a worldwide recall?

--

BMW 1 M + C63 (gone).   997.2 GT3

derder:

mmm... how come I havent received a letter for the recall?

mine is 2010 997.2

i am guess it's a worldwide recall?

only RS's are affected.

--

997 GT3 3.8

update : after calling Porsche Switzerland DEMANDING to know (without giving my details) since when they have put WC51 online I had a call from a nice guy trying to understand "my problem" and had to realize that it's there since April - n I need to tell my dealer in July about it .....??? - They mumbled something about wrong adress.....which I am not buying...I told him quite straight forward that "people" are now very much informed thru internet forums (indecision) and he should stop trying to BS me but recognize their fault as the car is known in the system - plain simple. crying I will step on some toes Monday....

Hi Bjoern! Make sure to wear soccer cleats for stepping on toes indecision. Seriously though, I wonder what they'd have said if your engine had blown up?

Here it seems that PCNA informed the customers before the dealerships ever knew about the recall. Something fishy is going on here with the communication of this issue... 

--

Any chance I've just seen you on PCH, around 8PM in Malibu?

Porker:

Hi Porker! It would have been nice to drive along PCH near Malibu, but no that wasn't me ;)

I hope you are having a great time! How do you like the city of LA?

--

I just got back from John Wayne airport, so these photos are hot off the camera.

Earning your "wings" in aviation and being successful is no small feat. The same is true for cars, they earn their "wing" on the race track. After that they can show it off with pride. smiley

Here is to all the GT3s out there ...

--

Pilot:
    Porker:

Hi Porker! It would have been nice to drive along PCH near Malibu, but no that wasn't me ;)

I hope you are having a great time! How do you like the city of LA?

Really loved it, I was especially surprised at the quality of driving roads nearby. Really didn't expect to find that there. Las Flores Canyon Road, Piuma Road and Mulholland Highway were amongst the best roads I've ever come across! Smiley

the last picture is OUTSTANDING kiss

I love the pictures from the airport.... perfect shots!!!!

Pilot:

Stunning, stunning, stunning...

Thank you all for the wonderful feedback. All photo credit goes to my daughter!

Porker, glad you enjoyed driving some of our roads. California is a very unique state. Love it. blush

BjoernB, I also think it turned out great. Thank you. wink

Lars997, John Wayne (SNA) is a really cool airport. Also, congratulations on your new blue 991. Looks very beautiful kiss

Ferdie, stunning shots indeed. This particular shoot was not easy. We had to deal with many reflection issues but I think in the end it was worth it. I'm glad that my daughter is so patient and enthusiastic. indecision

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/17/24 7:48 AM
    GnilM
    661924 1775
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    401120 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    254583 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    229138 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    59488 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4378 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

853464 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    761742 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM