Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: The moment I've been waiting for...

The light is always so ' warm' in your photos . I like it a lot . And you have a perfect eye for good lines, even the more subtle ones kiss

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Gnil:

The light is always so ' warm' in your photos . I like it a lot . And you have a perfect eye for good lines, even the more subtle ones kiss

Thank you Gnil, that's a great compliment. There is something special about curved lines and round figures. Smiley

... and I thought parking structures are boring. Smiley

--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS 

I always enjoy your photos but the last one may be your bestkiss

rhino:

I always enjoy your photos but the last one may be your bestkiss

Thanks so much rhino. I had a great model. Smiley

--

Any sort of note on your car, especially unexpected ones, are usually a little suspect. Luckily I don't have a suspicious note on my RS to talk about, I just thought I'd tie this posting to cars somehow since it doesn't really have anything to do with them.

Here is what greeted me this morning when I woke up my ThinkPad, a whole bunch of sticky notes on the home screen.

What a lovely surprise from my daughter. indecision

--

Time: 6:37am Standard Pacific Daylight saving time.

Temperature: 18C with a light breeze, and unlimited visibility. blush

Location: Southern California Desert near Palm Springs - classic Railroad Crossing.

I blasted through the empty desert this Friday morning to catch the sunrise. The car is so super fast and fun to drive that you are continuously in jail with both feet so to speak. smiley I had the window open to have full surround sound. kiss

Now, on to the photos. When I was little my friends and I used to play on abandoned railroad tracks; you know, back when you didn't have to worry about time. I don't know what it is, but there is something magnetic about the tracks.

My daughter was my copilot today. She helped me put this photo shoot together and capture the moments. indecision

--

My man, thank you for sharing with us the best Rennteam love affair between a 911 and its owner! Thumbs up!

--

There is no try. Just do.

Spectacular photos. Both the 911 and the scenery are magnificient. Great photo skills you have.

--

911 Club Coupe, 993 4S Riviera Blau, 12' Audi S4 Avant

angel  Amazing  pictures !  That GT3 really is getting all the love it can from its owner. 

Can't say how much I love your pics. Spectacular!!
    Especially the last one with the brownish tone and the brownish surrounding is a great composition.
    Pls keep them coming. !!
    --

Kind regards, Conny 

Porsche 997.2 Turbo S  *  BMW Grand Coupe 650i xDrive

Another round of great shots, loving them as always. I guess happy birthday mate wink

--

1991 BMW 535i Granitsilber/White Leather (Canada)
    1991 BMW 318i Brilliantrot/Black Leather (Germany)

Ex: '89 525i, '74 280E, '87 325is, '86 325e, '05 FF, '85.5 944

Oh my god man, you keep doing it! Seeing that there's new unread posts in this thread always makes me high in anticipation, and I haven't been disappointed a single time! Like others have said, beautiful pics once more. Love the ones with the sunset over the railways, especially with the RS in the shade, makes the "stealth theme" really obvious!

On a sidenote, on the pic of the car in the parking building, some very nice lines caught my eye, and the fact that they actualy seem to spell out "RS' makes it extra special:

Gt3rs124.jpg

Oh, I took the liberty of checking your website and saw how fond you are of helicopters. Allow me to hijack this thread with a picture of my pride; the NH90 on which I spent a good deal of time working on the design of the tail structure. This pic was taken a few years back when the first Dutch proto/test aircraft was delivered and landed in the parking lot of the company I work for, as a special thank you to all the employees. A memorable day!

Img_0110a.jpg

Please send my regards back to your daughter. I can imagine being excited: when finishing uni, the world is at your feet! Is she plannig on pursuing a career in photography? If not, she surely should! We can all testify of her talents, with those wonderful pictures!

Please keep the pictures coming, and remind me to invite myself for a helicopter flight when I finally make that trip to your neck of the woods! ;-)

Cheers Joost

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Pentium, m4ever, Enmanuel, Conny997, I'm overwhelmed by all the positive comments. Thank you! I never felt so connected to a car.

Atzporsche, thank you for your birthday wishes!

Joost, that is a cool photo of you with the helicopter. It must have been a very special moment when the NH90 landed in the parking lot. I like how you highlighted the lines in red on the photo; you're right, it's like the car is saying " I'm an RS." If the opportunity comes up, I would be happy to take you along on one of our training flights. kiss

My daughter says thank you as well. She will be celebrating soon ... smiley

--

Here is a photo taken with my iPhone 5; I think it came out pretty good as well. We had two cameras going: when I was shooting with the actual camera, my daughter shot some more with my iPhone, that way we would be sure not to miss anything.

The day was just perfect-- the weather was nice, the air was dry and neither too hot nor too cold, it was a clear day and we had a super location!

BTW, here is a fun little story about the drive home involving the PCM Nav system. I've selected the British female voice on the PCM Nav so I will just refer to it as "she." We needed to go west to head home and I was prepared to follow her instructions to get there as quickly as possible. But, when she told me to get onto the east-bound freeway I figured "she must be wrong, I don't want to go east. I'll go straight to get to the next on ramp to go west." Once again I learned the hard way to "listen to the lady" and do as she says. It turns out there is no west-bound on ramp where I thought it would be: I needed to follow east in order to reach the ramp to take me west.

Luckily for me, she didn't argue with me and simply recalculated to correct my mistake. smiley

My daughter commented that it would be funny if it talked back to you and said something along the lines, "Thanks for trusting me, what you think GPS satellites and calculations aren't good enough? Why ask for my help if you won't listen anyway" or something along those lines. Maybe a Smart NAV will learn to do that in the future... I hope it doesn't...enlightened

--

Hi Pilot, 

thanks for the lovely thread which I discovered only now, but enjoyed reading almost entirely very much! Congrats on your car and the passion you feel for it as much as you do for your work and last but not least for your family. 

One can claim oneself a very lucky man, if he manages to be happy with all these aspects of one's life...

best,

--

turbolite

turbolite, thanks for the great comments. I hope all is well in Switzerland! wink I haven't been there in years, but I remember that my visit was a great one. I had one of my first helicopter flights in an Ecureuil in Switzerland near St. Moritz. Beautiful!

--

Pilot:

turbolite, thanks for the great comments. I hope all is well in Switzerland! wink I haven't been there in years, but I remember that my visit was a great one. I had one of my first helicopter flights in an Ecureuil in Switzerland near St. Moritz. Beautiful!

yes, thanks, you are very welcome. Smileyand whenever you come over visit Switzerland please let me know! I have a skiing place near St Moritz , just a few miles from Samedan airport; so i see helicopters flying (as well as private jets!) all the time! did a flight in a helicopter (as a passenger) over the mountains here too and really loved it; the glaciers look even more impressive from close up!  best Smiley

--

turbolite

Awesome! I'm sure your place in St. Moritz is beautiful and seeing jets and helicopters flying around is cool too! Smiley I appreciate your invitation a lot, we will definitely let you know if we come to Switzerland! Thank you so much and all the best to you! Smiley

--

1365671820231P1070094.JPG

there you go indecision

Breathtaking photo BjoernB! Thank you for this shot kiss Back then when I was there it was June; everything was blooming and gorgeous! I also took some really nice photos of my wife there. smiley

--

Nothing special to report; I had a great day at the Porsche dealership today while I had some work done on my car. It started out with a beautiful Saturday morning drive to Long Beach. My RS was overdue for the two year service including the brake fluid change. My daughter and I had fine coffee and freshly backed cookies while we waited; that's customer service!

This car amazes me in many ways and it still feels like I just bought it. smiley By the way, here is my new battery ... it is one sexy angry piece of technology. kiss

--

Such a gorgeously specced car, this! Thanks for sharing!

OMG, just stunning!

I've quickly read your thread and I must say it is probably the nicest combo i've seen, so far.

i was all about the previous MY with the simple GT3RS band on the side (especially the viper green with black rims) but I have harder time with the decoration of the newest one. BUT, your combo black on grey is just stunning. Very welldone!

This RS is really living the life. with an owner that loves it so much . kiss

Thank you Porker and 911ster! I love the combo as much now as I did when I first got it, in fact more and more every day wink

Enmanuel: Yep, she makes me very happy. smiley

--

If I were to have a modern 911, it would be  RS or at least a "simple" GT3.

Please post as much pics of your drive as you can !

CA is so full of nice roads!

Pilot:

My RS was overdue for the two year service including the brake fluid change. My daughter and I had fine coffee and freshly backed cookies while we waited; that's customer service!

Geez,

how time flies... still remember the beginning of this thread. Did they roll out the cookies just for you or do they do that regularly?

Smiley

Your car is just fantastic. Smiley

I doubt, that it was cleaner when it left the factory in Stuttgart. Smiley

BlueflameSmiley

PS There were some problems over here with the Lithium-Ionen-Battery - watch out, that the battery is always full charged:

http://www.autobild.de/artikel/explosionsgefahr-bei-lithium-akkus-3509706.html

Hi Ferdie. Yes time does fly; I remember starting this thread too! Fun times then and fun times now Smiley

The cookies are for everyone, they have a nice coffee/espresso machine too and a selection of teas. We arrived early and one of the associates stopped by to offer us warm cookies when they were finished. Smiley They're always so nice and friendly there!

If you're ever in California you should visit the dealership. Smiley And maybe we can go on a flight too Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/17/24 7:48 AM
    GnilM
    661576 1775
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    401026 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    254574 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    229067 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    59429 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4375 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

853391 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    761587 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM