Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Porsche 991 GT3 to include GT1 motorsport engine... Thread Closed

Lars , you're the man  Thanks . Great to have some rennteam spy running the highways to catch these mules 

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Lars,TOP!

--
    997 TT, what a car/che'mmmmmaghena!!!

Thanks Guys - But it sucks - I really had some time to walk around but that guy was like a bull. 

Best thing of all - I was parking next to him and got out of the car stretching myself, not paying attention at all. Anyway - he felt it and he was suspicious. So he went for a pee to the next tree and that was my moment to take pictures. As he seen that he yelled on me and run over, his pants still be opened .

I wished I would have a better camera and especially I wished that I could have shot that rear lights - that was so clear to see!

Lars997:

Best thing of all - I was parking next to him and got out of the car stretching myself, not paying attention at all. Anyway - he felt it and he was suspicious. So he went for a pee to the next tree and that was my moment to take pictures. As he seen that he yelled on me and run over, his pants still be opened .

I can imagine the scene Smiley  like I said, its Lars007 from now on Smiley Smiley

--

Lars997:

Thanks Guys - But it sucks - I really had some time to walk around but that guy was like a bull. 

I wished I would have a better camera and especially I wished that I could have shot that rear lights - that was so clear to see!

Lars you are the MANNNNN    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmiley

--

Lars997:

I think you should a photo of him Smiley

Thanks Lars! That's hilarious, too bad you didn't encounter a more chilled driver.   Still a great shot, and the first time I've seen the manual. The center console space around the stick looks really narrow, makes me wonder if the throws could be shorter than with the 997 manual.

Boxster Coupe GTS:

porsche-911-interior-1_1200.jpg

My god, we are still stuck with that horrible cup holder, the worst design ever.

A shot of him with his pants open would have been good to trade for more info and rear-end pics..

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

Lars997:

So he went for a pee to the next tree and that was my moment to take pictures. As he seen that he yelled on me and run over, his pants still be opened .

hahaha, now that must have been scary and nasty Smiley....

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

thank you LARS!!!!

we have a 007  with us !!!

nice to see the car almost done!

Lars SmileySmileySmiley great post and catch Smiley

I´m surprise by your opinion on center console and general interior design, I believe this to be one of  major improvements on 991. Anyway I´m sure the final product will blowns us away Smiley

Do you think the rear design with those new tail lights will be a big improvemente over 997?

J.Seven 

Wow well done Lars, you just went out and took pictures. That's awesome!! The interior looks really promising and the rear will be pretty nice im sure of it. You say the lights will be smaller and feature the 918 depression in the middle, i wonder how they will visually please the lower bumper design as mentioned before.

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

Hi guys, I'm new here, long time Porsche enthusiast. I absolutely cannot wait for the 991. I think Porsche is going to nail the design with this one. Lower, shorter, and wider; you can't go wrong. Here is a rendering of the front end based off a front end spyshot that I made for another forum recently. 

I also played around and made a Mexico Blue GT3 version on the Nordschleife.

I want to do a rear rendering now. Lars, do you think you could provide us with an MS Paint sketch of the shape of the rear lights? Thanks in advanced if you can.

Nice renderings Carrera but some details are too much 997. I think the lower middle bumper will be different, something new, and the side intakes will feature this plastic box design. I think the indicator strip will be slightly angled inwards and be very thin a la 918 RSR.

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

Thanks Atzporsche. The lower part of the bumper should be pretty accurate as it was left completely unchanged from the spy photograph that it was based on. Also ,what do you mean 'plastic box design'?

I was just referring to the close up for the side intakes posted earlier. They seem very much production to me.

--

I was just referring to the side intake details posted earlier. They seemed very production to me.

--

i was just referring to the earlier detailed posts on a bumper that looked ready with some production details..

--

Haha, nice one Lars!  A photo of the running-with-the-pants-down test driver would have been truly epic.

The dreadful warts in the front spoiler appear to be real  I was hoping they were just stickers and part of the camouflage.

It is interesting that we see this many next-generation 911 and Boxster spy cars, but not a single Cayman. Maybe it will be replaced at a later time, or has been discontinued or the spy photographers are simple not interested in the Cayman 

--

997.2 Carrera S in Carrara White. PASM-Sport Suspension (-20 mm), PSE.

987.1 Boxster S in Arctic Silver with 'Martini Racing' design. H&R Monotube Coil-Over Suspension, H&R Anti-Roll Bars, Sachs Racing Clutch, Single-Mass Flywheel, Recaro Pole Position Seats, PSE.

Welcome Carrara - nice renderings, thank you! Enjoy Rennteam 

@Atz - the rear lights looked to me a bit like the Audi or BMW Rear lights, where you dont see single LEDs instead an illuminated bar. As they are slimmer I would say the whole rear will be more bullish!

Do you think they will presenting the convertible versions at the same time?

Welcome Carrara - good to have you on board...Smiley

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

Great job Lars! Smiley With all these spy shots we are getting closer every day. So,the main question is - WHEN???

--

2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged

2007 997 GT3

2006 Mercedes G500

1993 964 Turbo (Sold)

Very interesting pic! Thank you. What a tough story. Maybe y're the first Rennteamer with a direct view to the new 991?
    --
    Kind regards, Conny 

Porsche 997.2 Turbo S  *  BMW X5 M

PORSCHE: THE FUTURE

"Wolfgang Dürheimer has spent the last decade as Porsche's head of R&D and still oversees all VW group racing activities. Just before he took up his new post as CEO of Bentley and Bugatti, he told evo about the 918 RSR and other future Porsches..."

Porsche-The-Future_Evo-article_Rennteam.jpg

-- Porsche article from Evo magazine --

Smiley SmileySmiley

A related post from "rosenbergendo" on Rennlist:

991 GT3 info from the source!

Just got back from Daytona and my 2010 Gt3 in the Porsche corral with my 4 year old. I managed to corner one of the very very higher ups of Porsche motorsport and he was VERY open with 991 info. He saw my car and I started asking him about the 991 GT3 cup and then going on to what he knew about the street car. What he told me is the following.

1. 9A1 motor for sure with 480 hp for GT3
    2. PDK-S (he used this term twice) which has been tested with the 9A1 for over 4 years he claims
    3. Weight loss of 180-200 lbs through use of composites
    4. Absolutely no hybrid tech. He said specifically it doesnt fit the GT3 motif
    5. Confirmed no more Gt1 (Mezger) block after GT3 RS LE (he confirmed 4.0 RSR motor)
    6. Stressed the move of the motor forward essentially making the car a mid-engine car, even though Porsche will never call it one. He says this will make the car more balanced

I wont say the guy's name but he is in a very high position within P-motorsport.

He also absolutely stressed no 8 cylinder and I asked him multiple times. We spoke of the car in terms of the 991 Cup car in relation to the 991 GT3, as I figured he's tell me more if it was within this context! When I asked him about weight loss of the "base" 991 he said 130 pounds or so with more in the GT3. I asked about through the use of stuff like on the Gt2RS and he nodded in the affirmative. 

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Boxster Coupe GTS:
    1. 9A1 motor for sure with 480 hp for GT3
    2. PDK-S (he used this term twice) which has been tested with the 9A1 for over 4 years he claims
    3. Weight loss of 180-200 lbs through use of composites
    4. Absolutely no hybrid tech. He said specifically it doesnt fit the GT3 motif
    5. Confirmed no more Gt1 (Mezger) block after GT3 RS LE (he confirmed 4.0 RSR motor)
    6. Stressed the move of the motor forward essentially making the car a mid-engine car, even though Porsche will never call it one. He says this will make the car more balanced

I wont say the guy's name but he is in a very high position within P-motorsport.

He also absolutely stressed no 8 cylinder and I asked him multiple times. We spoke of the car in terms of the 991 Cup car in relation to the 991 GT3, as I figured he's tell me more if it was within this context! When I asked him about weight loss of the "base" 991 he said 130 pounds or so with more in the GT3. I asked about through the use of stuff like on the Gt2RS and he nodded in the affirmative. 

130 lbs weight reduction and mid-engine sound very interesting. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Carrara:

Hi guys, I'm new here, long time Porsche enthusiast. I absolutely cannot wait for the 991. I think Porsche is going to nail the design with this one. Lower, shorter, and wider; you can't go wrong. Here is a rendering of the front end based off a front end spyshot that I made for another forum recently. 

I also played around and made a Mexico Blue GT3 version on the Nordschleife.

I want to do a rear rendering now. Lars, do you think you could provide us with an MS Paint sketch of the shape of the rear lights? Thanks in advanced if you can.

Great work Carrara and welcome to Rennteam! Smiley Smiley Smiley

For the rear view of the 991, it sounds like this is reasonably accurate... 

Porsche-991_AutoBild.jpg

...and the rear lights are reportedly very similar to the rear lights on the 918 RSR...

Porsche-918-RSR_rear-right-light.jpg

Porsche-918-RSR_rear-left-light.jpg

...keep up the great work Carrara!

Smiley SmileySmiley

Sounds Fantastic!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    782306 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442955 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263533 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261996 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    86054 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6044 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881742 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    820046 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM