Crown

Board: AMG Mercedes Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Ordered a G55 this week

Placed an order for a 2010 G55 AMG this week. The local spec is expensive, but it has all the options as standard Smiley Delivery should be middle or 3rd quarter of next year.

I'm still finalizing the specs, but will post the final order once everything is done Smiley

Re: Ordered a G55 this week

very cool choice. i was always contemplating one too. only it's ages old chassis is what made me decide against it.

a timeless classic nevertheless.....

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

intouch1:

a timeless classic nevertheless.....

Absolutely. Great choice Mike! Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Mike S:

Placed an order for a 2010 G55 AMG this week. The local spec is expensive, but it has all the options as standard Smiley Delivery should be middle or 3rd quarter of next year.

I'm still finalizing the specs, but will post the final order once everything is done Smiley

Congrats. I just looked at a G55 at my dealer here in Germany, impressive car and built like a tank.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Wow, great! Choice!

But damn, thats one looong delivery time for such s "standard" car, what gives?

--
    Cash, gas or ass... no one rides for free!

Strange choice but hey, you have everything else ;)

WOW Mike again nice choice! I think the G55 is the ultimate status symbol. It's just so solid and high-end at the same time. please say you got it in black, all greys work fine too! 

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 
    2005 Ford Focus S, 5spd 2.0L 136 hp (120lb-ft) CD silver on grey (sold)
    1986 Porsche 944, 5spd 2.5L 150 hp (168lb-ft) champagne gold on grown leather. (sold)

Oh man, this is cool indeed!  I know a couple of guys here who wants one badly, but you can't buy them here.  Congrats Mike, GREAT choice of car once again!  (although there is the suspect choice of the Vauxhall of late lol).

I was beginning to get worried as Mike hadn't bought a new car this week!  Congrats mate!

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

Congrats ! 

REALZEUS:

I was beginning to get worried as Mike hadn't bought a new car this week! 

He probably just bought two last week and forgot to tell us. Smiley

--

fritz

fritz:
    REALZEUS:

I was beginning to get worried as Mike hadn't bought a new car this week! 

He probably just bought two last week and forgot to tell us. Smiley

I hope he will remember the new cars, when he will have a look in his garage. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Congrats with the new toy Mike

--

ONUR

09 Audi TTS Ibis

07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

Luv It! timeless classic !!

Drive it in good health bro

Could be a bit difficult to keep clean in black....Smiley

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

LOL! Thanks guys. The car is indeed a timeless classic. I'm looking to get it in a dark gray. Similar to the battleship gray if not identical to the one found on the LP640. Basically a clearcoated Reventon colour

PS. I am also looking at a S600 or Quattroporte this week (That is for work related though Smiley)

WAY:

Oh man, this is cool indeed!  I know a couple of guys here who wants one badly, but you can't buy them here.  Congrats Mike, GREAT choice of car once again!  (although there is the suspect choice of the Vauxhall of late lol).

Hi WAY,

They are not officially available here either, I had to go through the local head office for MB. It can be done.

Here is the document for the RHD versions.

G 55 AMG

Modification year 2009-1 brings with it a series of equipment modifications for the G-Class. Seating comfort in particular, has been improved.

Standard equipment

• Improved front seats developed according to the newest ergonomic standards, with improved seating comfort and more lateral support
    • Electrical lumbar support
    • Rear seats and rear head restraints matching the design of the front seats
    • Aux-in connection in the glove compartment
    • Designer key - The ignition key familiar from many of the passenger car series will also be adopted for the G-Class.
    • Ambient lighting in door side panelling, door panel unit, front and rear foot wells and centre console stowage compartment
    • Leather-covered instrument panel, black
    • The Chrome package comprises:
      1. Radiator grille with chrome inserts
      2. Chrome-framed automatic transmission selector lever
      3. All-round chrome trim on wood cover of seat adjustment switch panel
      4. Chrome ring around the loudspeaker mesh in the front doors
      5. Door sill panel in load compartment with "AMG" lettering

New front seats:

The G-Class will be equipped with the front seats of the new E-Class (W212) in a G-Class specific variant. These front seats developed according to the latest ergonomic findings provide improved seating comfort and lateral support. The electric lumbar support is included in the basic
    specification.

The functionality of the optional multi-contour seats has been further improved; the controls have been adopted from the E-Class, and have a substantially more attractive feel and appearance.

The rear seat unit has been redesigned in line with the front seats, also the head restraints.

The decorative seams previously colour-coordinated with the leather colour will be omitted for all designo upholsteries. As in the E-Class, the decorative seams will always be in contrasting "black", with "pebble" as the contrasting colour in the case of single-tone designo leather in black.

Technical Data:

Engine

G 55 AMG

Arrangement/number of cylinders

V8

Valves per cylinder

Displacement

cc

Bore x stroke

mm

97,0/92,0

Nominal power output

kW at rpm

350/6100

Nominal torque

Nm at rpm

700/2650-4500

Power transmission

Drive

Four-wheel permanent

Gearbox

Autom. five-speed

Ratios

3,60/2,19/1,41/1,00/0,83/R3,17

Rear axle ratio

Off-road-specific data

Ground clearance

mm

Max. approach angle

Degrees

Max. departure angle

Degrees

Wading depth

mm

Climbing ability

%

up to 80

Lateral tilt angle

%

Please refer to the attachment for recommended retail pricing and specification levels.

Please take note of the following:-

• All G55 are produced as LHD units and converted to RHD at the AMG factory.
    • Due to the conversion process, the build time is extended by an additional 6-8 weeks
    • As this is a converted vehicle certain items will remain in the LHD configuration (see attached list)
    • The final vehicle price is subject to exchange rates at the time of completion.
    • Please ensure that you follow the manual sales process via your RSM.

This G55 is too flashy, you need one of these to stay un-noticed

hum6.jpg 

hum4.jpg 

Maybe want to consider a bit of Brabus strenght training to get it fitter for...classic car

--
    Off enjoying my car...

The G55 is a keeper and a all-time classic! Never will get old!

Great choice and to say... I would never expected that on your wish list ;)

Mike S:

PS. I am also looking at a S600 or Quattroporte this week (That is for work related though Smiley)

OMG, do you buy car's for meetings like we buy tie's Smiley

If its a business partner you might want  to downsize to a E class or even C. But then again S600 is down sizing for you haha Smiley

congrats as always, the G will look fantastic in meteor grey Smiley

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 
    1986 Porsche 944, 5spd 2.5L 150 hp (168lb-ft) champagne gold on grown leather. (sold)

Atzporsche:
    Mike S:

If its a business partner you might want  to downsize to a E class or even C. But then again S600 is down sizing for you haha Smiley

congrats as always, the G will look fantastic in meteor grey Smiley

--

No, it is for the chauffeur to drive Smiley

Atzporsche:

--

I have baught more cars then tie's in last 4 years Smiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

congrats Mike!so curious to see this special colour !

--
    Dedi La vita è troppo corta per non guidare italiano.....

Gnil:
    Atzporsche:

--

haha me too actually Smiley

--

Gnil:
    Atzporsche:

--

Who wears ties these days anyway.  I don't.

Mike S:
    WAY:

Hi WAY,

They are not officially available here either, I had to go through the local head office for MB. It can be done.

Here is the document for the RHD versions.

G 55 AMG

Modification year 2009-1 brings with it a series of equipment modifications for the G-Class. Seating comfort in particular, has been improved.

Standard equipment

• Improved front seats developed according to the newest ergonomic standards, with improved seating comfort and more lateral support
    • Electrical lumbar support
    • Rear seats and rear head restraints matching the design of the front seats
    • Aux-in connection in the glove compartment
    • Designer key - The ignition key familiar from many of the passenger car series will also be adopted for the G-Class.
    • Ambient lighting in door side panelling, door panel unit, front and rear foot wells and centre console stowage compartment
    • Leather-covered instrument panel, black
    • The Chrome package comprises:
      1. Radiator grille with chrome inserts
      2. Chrome-framed automatic transmission selector lever
      3. All-round chrome trim on wood cover of seat adjustment switch panel
      4. Chrome ring around the loudspeaker mesh in the front doors
      5. Door sill panel in load compartment with "AMG" lettering

New front seats:

The G-Class will be equipped with the front seats of the new E-Class (W212) in a G-Class specific variant. These front seats developed according to the latest ergonomic findings provide improved seating comfort and lateral support. The electric lumbar support is included in the basic
    specification.

The functionality of the optional multi-contour seats has been further improved; the controls have been adopted from the E-Class, and have a substantially more attractive feel and appearance.

The rear seat unit has been redesigned in line with the front seats, also the head restraints.

The decorative seams previously colour-coordinated with the leather colour will be omitted for all designo upholsteries. As in the E-Class, the decorative seams will always be in contrasting "black", with "pebble" as the contrasting colour in the case of single-tone designo leather in black.

Technical Data:

Engine

G 55 AMG

Arrangement/number of cylinders

V8

Valves per cylinder

Displacement

cc

Bore x stroke

mm

97,0/92,0

Nominal power output

kW at rpm

350/6100

Nominal torque

Nm at rpm

700/2650-4500

Power transmission

Drive

Four-wheel permanent

Gearbox

Autom. five-speed

Ratios

3,60/2,19/1,41/1,00/0,83/R3,17

Rear axle ratio

Off-road-specific data

Ground clearance

mm

Max. approach angle

Degrees

Max. departure angle

Degrees

Wading depth

mm

Climbing ability

%

up to 80

Lateral tilt angle

%

Please refer to the attachment for recommended retail pricing and specification levels.

Please take note of the following:-

• All G55 are produced as LHD units and converted to RHD at the AMG factory.
    • Due to the conversion process, the build time is extended by an additional 6-8 weeks
    • As this is a converted vehicle certain items will remain in the LHD configuration (see attached list)
    • The final vehicle price is subject to exchange rates at the time of completion.
    • Please ensure that you follow the manual sales process via your RSM.

Thanks for the info Mike.  I will let my friends know.  Although they did enquire with their dealer previously who flatly said no.  I think they have to contact MB Australia themselves.

Hi Mike,

I am really curious to know, did you get the G55 in the end?

Thanks!

cheers!

Congrats Mike  

--

RT Moderator - 997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm sports suspension/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

easy_rider911:

Congrats Mike  

Thread is from 2009. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    690990 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410131 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256181 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235404 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65744 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858793 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775098 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM