Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Collected my GTS today

Joost:

Wow John, she's a beauty! I'm absolutely sure that she'll make youforget your previous precioussss in no time!

Saw a white 997.2 on the streets last weekend, and it had quite some road presence, so be prepared!

Thanks Joost....a white GTS is certainly a head-turner..Smiley

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

JP66:

Congrats John, she has a beautiful ass 

I'm tempted to say that was a 'bum' remark Smiley but you certainly got to the 'bottom' of it's attraction..Smiley

--

Ferdie:

Very beautiful, your pictures must´ve been the most attractive ones I have seen so far.

By the way... impressive hedge you have there, mate!

Thanks Ferdie - the GTS is very photogenic..Smiley

The hedge takes quite a lot of upkeep - good job I've got a 'hedge-fund' tucked away..Smiley

--

Porker:

She's a beauty John, love everything about it!

Would you consider a journey to the Nordschleife when the weather clears? Would be great to meet up there!

Enjoy your well deserved toy.

Thanks Frank - would love to meet up with you, especially as we so narrowly missed out on a meet in North Wales..Smiley

--

Gnil:

Beautiful !!! And these real life photos are always so much better . 

I am so looking for your driving report once you can let loose all these new horses . The GTS will be the queen  !

BTW :  The shape and look of your hedge is gorgeous !! 

Thanks Gnil - can't wait to get the break-in period out of the way..Smiley

--

Atzporsche:

Fantastic upgrade John! You have the best 997.2 IMO there is in the lineup. It's nothing short of stunning! I love it in white. 

Also nice to see your backyard, with that camper conversion way in the back. I remember that thread very well. All the best, and im sure your new girl will be of excellent service! 

I agree with you Aaron..thanks.  Yeah, the Summerhouse has worked well and getting plenty of use but can't help feeling that calling it a Summerhouse is probably violating the Trade Description Act..Smiley

--

Rossi:

Very, very nice, John.

Hedge and car, that is.

Expecting your driving report! 

Extended driving report will follow after my forthcoming trip..Smiley

--

throt:

Congrtas, John.

She sure looks horny on the drive there.....

Thanks Keith - that reminds me...I must try the horn soon..Smiley

--

cdixon:

Wonderful car John.

Be interested to hear your impressions against your MK1 after a few months.

White is the best colour ! but then i would say that...

Enjoy it...

Will do..Smiley

--

RC:

Congrats again, John ! Definitely a beautiful car.

Which reminds me of the two GTS sitting at my dealer right now, both white, a Coupe and a Cab. Temptation was high, especially for that used (only 40 km) GTS Coupe but I had to restraint myself from doing something stupid. My 997 Turbo lease still runs until May, so it wouldn't have been wise to get a GTS now.

It is a very attractive model though and I really had to think twice before I decided against it.

You lucky bastard...     

Thanks RC...you know, sometimes, heart over head is the better option..Smiley

--

easy_rider911:

Fantastic John      She looks absolutely gorgeous  

I am so happy and excited for you            

Hope you enjoy every mile to the max

Many congrats    

I will, I will... thanks Easy..Smiley

--

Porsche-Jeck:

What a beauty Smiley I'm very happy for you, John and I wish you many many happy miles with this stunning 911 Smiley

Many thanks Achim - maybe one day you could be my Ring Instructor with this car?? Smiley

--

Gauss:

Gorgeous looking 911 Many congrats John. Enjoy it in good health

Thanks Gauss..Smiley

--

reginos:

Lovely car in lovely surroundings. I am very happy for you

Appreciate it - and much appreciate your help with the speccing..Smiley

--

pride355:

Congrats John

It is the best 911 model in the line up,IMO (excluding GT series).

Enjoy her in good health

I'm delighted with my choice...cheers..Smiley

--

Northshore04:

It's always sad to let go of a car you've grown attached to.  But I'm sure your new toy will more than help ease the pain.  Congratulations!!!

What car would that be then..?  SmileySmiley

--

Mike S:

CONGRATULATIONS JOHN!

She is a beauty! I'm sure you will have many enjoyable memories and miles in this one.

Sorry to see your old one go. I'm sure as you run it in more, your sorrow will be things of the past. 

Wise words Mike..Smiley..many thanks..Smiley

--

And many thanks to everyone who took the time to assist me with speccing the car and commenting here..

Now I'm off for a drive...

--

John H:

And many thanks to everyone who took the time to assist me with speccing the car and commenting here..

Now I'm off for a drive...

--

Have fun.  And make sure to let us all know how it went. . .as if I couldn't guess.  Smiley

I can just picture John now giving it large portions in Cheshire..

He will be home shortly because his bedtime near's.....

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

Hi Keith....Got back a few hours ago.  Really enjoyed the drive...coming to terms with the GTS, but can't bring myself to take it over 4000 revs - the temptation is high but the reality is I want to do right by this incredible machine!

As for bedtime - tonight is the busiest time of my week ...so will be "occupied" until the early hours.

Tomorrow I will continue the break-in...and I thought the 'waiting period' was over...

--

Awesome, John, the break in must be awful though. Does it feel any different at 4000 rpm and below to your ex baby?..

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

John H:

Hi Keith....Got back a few hours ago.  Really enjoyed the drive...coming to terms with the GTS, but can't bring myself to take it over 4000 revs - the temptation is high but the reality is I want to do right by this incredible machine!

As for bedtime - tonight is the busiest time of my week ...so will be "occupied" until the early hours.

Tomorrow I will continue the break-in...and I thought the 'waiting period' was over...

I've got an idea.  Let me bring it over to LA and I'll only drive it around during rush hour.  I guarantee it'll never get over 4000 rpm.

throt:

Awesome, John, the break in must be awful though. Does it feel any different at 4000 rpm and below to your ex baby?..

Yes it does Keith... in several ways.  In auto mode it's just that, I mean uninvolving, even boring to a point.  The gear changes are hardly perceptible, exhaust sound pretty much subdued.  However, put it in manual sport and you have a totally different ball game.  It comes alive and kicks your pants for attention..

Best way to sum it up is the C2S was pretty much one-dimensional whilst the GTS is multi-dimensional and counting...by that I mean I'm waiting to play with sport plus..! Smiley

--

Northshore04:

I've got an idea.  Let me bring it over to LA and I'll only drive it around during rush hour.  I guarantee it'll never get over 4000 rpm.

LOL - Thanks for the offer...Smiley

--

John H:

Best way to sum it up is the C2S was pretty much one-dimensional whilst the GTS is multi-dimensional and counting...by that I mean I'm waiting to play with sport plus..! Smiley

Sport Plus has an effect on PDK in Auto mode only. Otherwise the throttle map stays the same as in Sport mode, so if you use Sport Plus in manual mode there is no difference. One problem for road driving in Sport Plus Auto is that it goes down to 1st gear very easily which is unwanted in 99.99% of the cases.

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:
    Sport Plus has an effect on PDK in Auto mode only. Otherwise the throttle map stays the same as in Sport mode, so if you use Sport Plus in manual mode there is no difference. One problem for road driving in Sport Plus Auto is that it goes down to 1st gear very easily which is unwanted in 99.99% of the cases.

I was under the impression that the shift changes are faster in Sport Plus in both auto and manual modes? Smiley

--

Porsche Cayman S PDK Aqua Blue / Ocean Blue  (November 10) : Toyota Yaris D4D (Oct 10) 

dreamcar:
    reginos:

I was under the impression that the shift changes are faster in Sport Plus in both auto and manual modes? Smiley

--

Porsche Cayman S PDK Aqua Blue / Ocean Blue  (November 10) : Toyota Yaris D4D (Oct 10) 

I believe the difference is that in Sport Plus the PDK retains the gears longer and at higher revs without upshifting, and downshifts earlier than is SPort Mode, so the revs are kept at an even higher range though the gears in SportPlus and therefore improving preformance and sportiveness. But like Reginos says, this would only be evident in Auto mode, because in Manual mode you override that. At least that is how I remember it when I drove it Smiley

--

dreamcar:
    reginos:

The official Porsche line is that  Sport Plus gives Launch Control and the so called "motorsport derived gearshift strategy" which operates in Auto mode.

Some people also feel faster gear changes in Manual mode, but this is not something that is in the specification. Smiley

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:
    John H:

There is absolutely a big difference even in Sport-Plus mode when you have it in manual. The gear-shifts are MUCH faster  in sport plus than in sport-mode. In sport-mode there is a noticable delay when shifting gears which is not the case in sport plus where the shifts are instant. For this reason I always drive in Sport Plus when in manual

--

Current: 997.2 C2S Meteorgrey/Black - PDK, PSE, LSD, SportChrono, Nav, BOSE, etc.

Sold: 997.1 C2S Black/Black - PSE, Adaptives, PCCB, -20mm/LSD, Short-shifter, SportChrono, Nav, BOSE, etc.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    783425 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    443200 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263596 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    262173 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    86238 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6068 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881918 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    820937 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM