Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Mclaren 3sec faster than 458...

...on a 2min circuit. Friend of mine gave a ride on the car and was blown away by general performance and track time, he did not drove it, but made several laps on circuit as a passanger. The F458 was 3 sec slower on this same circuit, not on the same day though.

J.Seven

Re: Mclaren 3sec faster than 458...

The more I hear about this car, the more curious I get.

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

If McLaren was using optional Corsa tires while 458 using normal PS2, nothing extraordinary.

If both were using normal tires, very impressive. 458 is already incredibly fast despite using normal tires.

J.Seven:

...on a 2min circuit. Friend of mine gave a ride on the car and was blown away by general performance and track time, he did not drove it, but made several laps on circuit as a passanger. The F458 was 3 sec slower on this same circuit, not on the same day though.

J.Seven

Based on what I heard the aerodynamic brake alone is good for some 10s (!) per lap on the NBR...

No way, my 458 is much faster than MP4 on my GT5, but they are not the fastest cars I have.

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe #13;  2011 Panamera 4

HI Targa TIm ,

what is ur fastest car ?   can u show me the pic of ur  2010 997.2 GT3RS ?  thanks ,

TWSLK55:

HI Targa TIm ,

what is ur fastest car ?   can u show me the pic of ur  2010 997.2 GT3RS ?  thanks ,

Among the 123 cars in my GT5 dream garage, my fastest is Formula GT, followed by Minolta Toyota race car, then Bugatti.

Back to reality, here's pics of my .2RS.RS#11.JPG

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe #13;  2011 Panamera 4

Wow - congrats Tim - that's beauty and the beast all rolled into one

--

RT Moderator - 997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm sports suspension/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Was Skiing in St.Moritz over the week-end and saw this in front of the hotel - not bad either.... 

1295870501489P1010684.JPG

Thanks TIM  ,  nice  RS ... did u delet the GT3RS  stickers on ur RS
    Targa Tim:
    TWSLK55:

HI Targa TIm ,

Among the 123 cars in my GT5 dream garage, my fastest is Formula GT, followed by Minolta Toyota race car, then Bugatti.

Back to reality, here's pics of my .2RS.RS#11.JPG

That volcano orange is a stunning colour which makes up for the somewhat disappointing looks of the MP4-12C overall

crayphile:

That volcano orange is a stunning colour which makes up for the somewhat disappointing looks of the MP4-12C overall

I respectfully disagree 100%. 

BjoernB:

Was Skiing in St.Moritz over the week-end and saw this in front of the hotel - not bad either.... 

1295870501489P1010684.JPG

Smiley  Smiley Smiley

Now I'm pissed, mother f*&&^$rs !

macca3.jpg

Please excuse my foul language Smiley
    --

Wank me up, before you go-go...

Now I'm..double pissed ? :)pissed.jpg

--

zmeulzmeilor:

Now I'm..double pissed ? :)pissed.jpg

Hummm, much better Smiley Smiley

J.Seven

Thanks ! Smiley

--

J.Seven:

J.Seven

And how about the sound, did he like the sound ? You know, being twin-turbo and all Smiley

--

Ive seen the car in real flesh in Miami some weeks ago and it didnt blow me away at all. For that money I would  buy some other cars and I mean cars - you get at least a nice GT3 and on top an M3 BMW - double fun, same money, and both are looking IMO better

Lars997:

Ive seen the car in real flesh in Miami some weeks ago and it didnt blow me away at all. For that money I would  buy some other cars and I mean cars - you get at least a nice GT3 and on top an M3 BMW - double fun, same money, and both are looking IMO better

Price is the biggest problem of the McLaren IMO (next to its looks). For the same money you can either get a car that is much better looking (458 Italia) or a car that is as quick as the Mac (Porsche Turbo) for less money.

I think McLaren's price policy is very ambitous for a car that looks like the MP4-12C. Yes, it will be damn quick and yes is will be the first production car with a CF-tube this side of a Carrera GT. But on top of the (rather high IMO) base price of 200k you have to add many important and very expensive options, like some CF-gadgets, light weight rims, CCM if you want, Meridian sound system plus navi, full leather interior (!) etc. If you add all these together that will result in a final price between 230k and 240k, which is too much, even for a car with power and the CF-tube-benefit of the MP4-12C. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

MacLaren is trying to sell it's name, as a premium brand like Ferrari.

Technology inside aside, the price has a built in fudge factor as MacLaren try to match Ferrari on the street as they did on track.

But whether the public will see MacLaren as equal to Ferrari has yet to be seen, we will know if MacLaren is right or too ambitious once second hand prices comes out. Who knows, they might as well do a Bentley and lost 60-70% in 3 yrs, or stay the same like Ferrari with V8s.

Edit

Forum