Crown

Board: AMG Mercedes Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

SLS Roadster prototypes caught undisguised on a ferry between Germany and Sweden

12890314811266015222.jpgMercedes-SLS-AMG-Cabriolet-03.jpgMercedes-SLS-AMG-Cabriolet-02.jpg

Re: SLS Roadster prototypes caught undisguised on a ferry between Germany and Sweden

I saw the very same red car at my dealership a couple of days ago. Wanted to take a photo but when I took my cell into my hand, an employee asked me to refrain from taking photos. I could swear however that the roof was black. My local dealership is factory owned, all prototypes are usually registered to them and are also here from time to time. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Re: SLS Roadster prototypes caught undisguised on a ferry between Germany and Sweden

This spy shot  was captured with a camera-phone by an apt automotive pupil on the Stena Line ferry going from Germany to Sweden.

Still like the closed version much more !

BjoernB:

Still like the closed version much more !

The open version has one huge advantage: you can enjoy the fantastic engine/exhaust sound much better.  Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

koko:
    This spy shot  was captured with a camera-phone by an apt automotive pupil on the Stena Line ferry going from Germany to Sweden.

Yep, final winter testing in Finland...I suppose.

--

with the sls it's all about the doors. most expensive doors i ever purchased

carrera convertible over this anytime.....

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

oh i've been on that Stena line ferry before, would have been cool to park right next to some test vehicles. It's a great car and it will be cool without roof.

But, the new SLK is a mini SL, so what will the new SL look like? A mini SLS? 

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

new sl will certainly have sls dna. just slightly larger and heavier...

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

intouch1:

with the sls it's all about the doors. 

I agree, Its the starring element on this car and the main dna component, there is no point to the sls if you can't have the awesome doors. Not to mention you lose the whole "history, tradition, heritage" speech of the whole reason to build the SLS when you take them off. 

at least they could have gone for slr scissor doors

--

Forgot the most important thing, guys: When I saw the SLS at my dealer, I noticed a new Mercedes S class with AMG exhaust but no model designation on the rear. The mechanic was just starting the car and then drove away slowly. Amazing sound and yes, it was a turbo ("my guy" confirmed it, not saying which AMG model this was). So it can be done, which brings me back to my X5 M and BMW, wondering why the heck they couldn't achieve a better exhaust/engine sound. 

--

it's the same with the 997 turbo really. standard carrera has a much better sound.

i am sure it has a lot to do with disclacement as well. whereas 4.4l for the bmw should be plenty to sound good.

my X650i sounded better than the M. i think they intended and designed the sound the XM has.

the noise it makes when shifting at the rev limits is gorgeous. should have been like that throughout the rev band.

--

RC:

Forgot the most important thing, guys: When I saw the SLS at my dealer, I noticed a new Mercedes S class with AMG exhaust but no model designation on the rear. The mechanic was just starting the car and then drove away slowly. Amazing sound and yes, it was a turbo ("my guy" confirmed it, not saying which AMG model this was). So it can be done, which brings me back to my X5 M and BMW, wondering why the heck they couldn't achieve a better exhaust/engine sound. 

What an amazing dealership Smiley

RC:
    koko:

Why do you see the German sportscars manufacturers performing winter testing in Finland/Sweden but never the Italian ones? Smiley

because they want to make sure their cars work....

--

Ziggy:
    RC:
    koko:

Why do you see the German sportscars manufacturers performing winter testing in Finland/Sweden but never the Italian ones? Smiley

The Italians don't even get to the Swedish border. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

It has been a while since we’ve seen the last spyshots of the upcoming 2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster. This time one of our readers, Alexander, stumbled upon another test mule of the upcoming Mercedes SLS AMG Roadster in a town a few kilometers from the Mercedes factory in Germany.

spy-shots-sls-amg-roadster.jpgphoto0052-custom.jpgphoto0053-custom.jpgphoto0054-custom.jpg

I wonder what will they do next, Black Series

Yep. 

--

It looks so much better than coupe.

J.Seven

imo 90% of the car's appeal are the doors...

--

Black Series is amazing, but the price tag is stupid IMHO...

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

intouch1:

+1

Atzporsche:

Black Series is amazing, but the price tag is stupid IMHO...

I agree about the price tag. My stupid brother went against my advice and got the SL Black Series. He could've gottin himself  the SLS or maybe a GT2 Smiley

koko:
    intouch1:

+1

+2

I am pretty sure that you will forget about the doors, once the roof is down. 

I also think that the car will have more appeal with the roof down...

Avoe:

I am pretty sure that you will forget about the doors, once the roof is down. 

+1 Smiley

I also like that better than the coupé.

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Don't get me wrong, the Black Series is stunning! So mercedes-benz, super fast and track oriented but with daily capabilities... The price tag is just stupid though. When you can buy a CLK55 AMG and convert to a Black yourself for thousands cheaper

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690944 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410104 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256164 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235390 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65739 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858765 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775068 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM