Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 2010 Brazilian F1 Grand Prix

That's gonna be a hell of race! Really looking forward especially for the first corners to come, as CfS already stated LH will take his last chance and do what ever it takes to make up positions and points...

As MW & FA are starting from P3 & P5 with SV and LH between the tension will be recognizable from the very first second on, hopping for either LH or MW to chase down FA in order to have THE perfect last race in Abu Dabi.

SV had his chances this season but acted way to much inmature, so I'd like to see him helpin MW securing the first F1-championship for RedBull

BTW Congrats as well to MS who was late on the slicks, but during the "intermidiate-time" he outperformed NR and many others, nice to see "King Michael" back on track...

Quite a surprising outcome, guess it will provide additional motivation for Hülkenberg and Schumacher for the last two races of the season. I keep asking myself if they primarily compensated the car´s inferiority with clever setup or impressive driving skills.

I want to see JB drive like he did in some of the races last season, "out of his skin" and really mix it up.  Now I'm not saying he can recover 11 places but I see him getting in the to 4 if he does.  I'm hoping that MW and LH make it their race, but with the rather petulant and unpredictable SV in the mix, it's potentially going to be a great race.

Will the rain make it LH day, or will MW come to blows with his fellow team mate.  One thing is for sure FA will be applying the pressure.

--

Button behind Petrov , how can he surely keep his place in the team with LH showing what the car is capable of..Very poor season for JB imo, just way too slow, amazing that he is in 5th place..

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

OMG! 6 armed men tried to attack Jenson Button as he was being driven away from the circuit on Saturday.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11704802 

He must be really shaken by the experience.

--

RT Moderator 
    - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Rennteam signature photo 2.jpg

Ridiculous, glad no one was hurt.

If JB was driving they probably would have caught them up, sorry guy's ....

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

Seems like the production of bullet-proof cars is big business out there...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7495987.stm

Maybe attempts like this are merely promotional ploys to boost their sales figures...

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

Quite a predictable race ... Great recovery drive from Button to rise from 11th to 5th.

Liuzzi screwed up again ... surprise surprise ... 

With Red Bull keeping Vettel's championship hopes alive, they have made Webber's task of overtaking Alonso quite a bit harder.

--

RT Moderator 
    - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Well, if the RB's finish 1 and 2 again and just swap SV and MW for 1st, then that would be it for FA.

Q3 is going to be huge next weekend, could be some mistakes I feel. Experience will shine through and could prove key..

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

Yup great race, being a SV fan i thought it was fantastic to see him winning with ease. Before the race it sort of felt like it was his weekend. I still hope that Mark Webber takes this years championship because he really deserves it with his experience.

Next week will be amazing!! 

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

Race result:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/results/8499383.stm

--

RT Moderator 

Title Permutations by descending probability:

Alonso is champion

- with a 2nd place or better 
    - with a 3rd place and Webber doesn't win

Webber is champion:

- with a win and Alonso 3rd or less
    -  with 2nd place and Alonso 6th or less 

Vettel is champion:

-  with a win and Webber 3rd or less and Alonso 4th or less

Hamilton is champion:

- If he wins and Alonso is 11th or less, Webber is 6th or less and Vettel is 4th or less

Normally everything speaks for Webber, if there wasn't Vettel and the strange team philosophy of Red Bull.

Either way, if Alonso or Webber will be champion, I would be happy with both. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

In any other car Webber would be an also-ran! 

That can't be said of the other contenders....

--

John H:

Do you think he is that bad? Smiley

--

Rossi:
    John H:

Do you think he is that bad? Smiley

Absolutely... just trace his record over his career, which will probably end this year, or next year latest.

All those years... and nothing before Red Bull..Smiley

--

Here is Mark Webber's career summary. It's very mediocre before 2010:

http://www.formula1.com/teams_and_drivers/drivers/21/

--

RT Moderator 

easy_rider911:

Here is Mark Webber's career summary. It's very mediocre before 2010:

http://www.formula1.com/teams_and_drivers/drivers/21/

True, but before RBR he never had a competitive car. Smiley

--

The best drivers can outperform the car IMHO

--

RT Moderator 

easy_rider911:

The best drivers can outperform the car IMHO

Don't think so, some decades back yes, but not nowadays. Smiley

--

Mark Webber has shown quite a few promising results over his career but, for several reasons, hasn´t shown the consistency of other drivers. If you compare his performance with his teammates´, Vettel must be the only one that has a slight edge over him. Rosberg and Heidfeld were close as well.

He might not be of the same league as Hamilton, Alonso or Schumacher but some talent is certainly there.

I definitely like him more than Vettel.

--

Definately Webber is more likeable than Vettel, thats got to be unanimous 

Webber's unexpected success this year compared to all his previous mediocre years points to how consistently fast the RedBull has been, and just goes to show the tremendous advantage Vettel has had this year compared the other teams thanks to his car, and he still managed to blow it. Next year he may not be so lucky and the other team's performance may not be so inferior to his, so he is going to have to improve a lot if he wants to fight for the championship, not so much in straight out speed (lots of F1 drivers have this), but in everything else that "champion" driver is. I don't know who would not agree that if Hamilton or Alonso would of been sitting on that RedBull this season, they would have been champion at least 2 or 3 races ago.

--

What i love Vettel he keeps it real.

Mark has had an above medium career in my opinion. He pulled in countless impressive results with inferior cars. 5th place in his first race in the WORST car of the grid is amazing.

How did Alonso do with the Minardi again? Lol on 10th place.... Then a couple of good seasons which due THE MOST superior car win him championships and then on par with rookie Lewis in 2007.... spare me.

I'm not sure about pure RBR domination if Alonso or Lewis were in it...

Vettel has definitely had a more successful debut to F1 than Alonso. Let's not forget is debut season race VICTORY in a Toro Rosso Youngest F1 winner and 8th overall. Then 2nd and now in the running again... I think he's amazing. He keeps it real and you can tell he's enjoying the racing.

In the end he's still new to the sport, has things to learn, but giving overhyped Alonso a run for his money in a slightly inferior Ferrari with more staff/money/resources is amazing.

Why isn't Alonso telling the engineers how to make the car faster? Schumacher build successful cars through professional feedback...

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

Atzporsche, 

The Renault Alonso won his two titles was not the most superior car, it was not the fastest, and certainly not like the RedBull Vettel had this year. Alonso won because the Renault AND Alonso were very reliable, and Alonso was able to score podiums consistently, with few wins since it was not the fastest car, but extracting the most of the car and consistently raked up the necesary points, not so his teammates. That is why I think that Alonso or Hamilton would of already had the championship title if they had Vettell/Webber's car. Vettel has tons of potential, but it is still that, potential, he still has many holes in his game. And I was rooting for Vettel (after Alonso) at the star of the season myself, but after watching his stupid and sometimes unsportive on track manuevers, he dropped off my list mid season, he still needs to grow up a bit IMO. He is still a young guy I guess. Maybe next year.

But if anyone knows who is the fastest driver in the grid, its the drivers themselves who have first hand knowledge on all the driver's performance and how to judge it. Well, not long ago a magazine (I think German) conducted a simple survey amongst the F1 drivers of who they thought was the best driver in the line-up and guess who won by a big margin? it was Alonso.

--

I agree Carlos.  Alonso, like him or not, has proved it this season by constantly out performing his team-mate by a large margin.

He should win this year on merit alone.  He has a car which is second best but he still leads the championship. 

The drivers title should go to the best driver, irrespective of the car he drives and Alonso's performances place him firmly in that category.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690926 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410099 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256164 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235387 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65736 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858760 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775056 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM