Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Nissan GT-R MY11 Sport Auto Supertest

Already tested by Sport Auto. Article will be published on Friday 22nd October 2010 in November issue of Sport Auto.

Ring time? 7.34min...

More here> http://www.sportauto-online.de/testbericht/nissan-gt-r-2011-im-nordschleifen-test-2822697.html

Re: Nissan GT-R MY11 Sport Auto Supertest

What model year GT-R was tested by AB Sportscars?

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

What model year GT-R was tested by AB Sportscars?

MY10 485ps model. MY11 has 530ps.

Only 4 secs gain from previous model's Sport Auto  time of 7.38.  Not much. What do you think?

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

Only 4 secs gain from previous model's Sport Auto  time of 7.38.  Not much. What do you think?

I think that for 92900€ in Germany MY11 Black edition is awsome value buy. Only, is it reliable enough?

Personally, I would buy MY11 GT-R instead Audi RS5 in a split second since they are the same price. ...and you know I am Audi fan.

You said only 4s? Still, I am impressed with MY11 GT-R.

Sure what you say is correct.

But the mechanical, suspension and aerodynamic upgrades of MY11 (plenty of upgrades http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/253531/) shouldn't they translate to a much faster time? This is what puzzles me! Any info from SA about other test parameters perhaps?

--

"Form follows function"

@ reginos: those car magazine testdrivers are just incompetent - factory claim is 7:24 Smiley

More details on the MY 2011 spec from yesterday's press release:

YOKOHAMA (October 18, 2010) - Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. today announced the launch of the 11MY Nissan GT-R, which goes on sale November 17th at Nissan dealers nationwide in Japan

For 11MY, GT-R features improved engine output and torque, greater fuel efficiency, revised handling, a refreshed exterior with improved aerodynamics, revised interior treatment and new wheels and tires. The large number of enhancements for the new model year is part of the continuous advancement of the GT-R design, technology and performance since its debut in December 2007. Nissan has also enhanced the level of after-sales support for GT-R owners, providing even greater value for customers.

The "World of GT-R" expands again this year with the addition of a racing circuit use-only "Club Track" edition and an ultra-exclusive "EGOIST" version that can be custom-ordered according to the precise desires of each individual customer. The complete 11MY Nissan GT-R model lineup now includes six versions - the "Pure edition," "Black edition," "Premium edition," "SpecV," "Club Track" and "EGOIST" - allowing customers to choose the exact level of dynamic performance and style to meet their various needs.

The 11MY Nissan GT-R will also be released in North America, Europe and other regions after February 2011. Nissan is considering introducing EGOIST in Europe and the Middle East, and the Club Track edition in Europe as well.

11MY Nissan GT-R Overview

Developed under the theme of offering the "world's best multi-performance and responsive driving pleasure," every area of the GT-R has been carefully rethought or retuned for 11MY. The changes range from greater body stability and strength and improved aerodynamics performance to a sportier interior and enhanced performance. Following are the key enhancements of the creative GT-R design.

1. Mechanism

Engine and Transmission Enhancements

By modifying the boost pressure of the turbocharger, valve timing and air mixture ratio, reducing intake air resistance by enlarging the inlet pipe diameter, and reducing exhaust air resistance through use of an enlarged section of exhaust pipe, fuel economy is improved to 8.5km/L (10-15 mode) or 8.6km/L (JC08 mode).
    At the same time, the engine output is significantly improved to 390kW(530ps)/6,400rpm with maximum torque of 612N・m(62.5kgf・m) from 3,200 to 6,000 rpm. A new red color engine cover is used to demonstrate its greater performance.
    Cleaner emissions are realized through adopting an ultra-low precious metal catalyst and ECM with high-capacity microprocessor - achieving SU-LEV certification levels (emitting 75% fewer emissions than Japan's 2005 exhaust emission standards).
    A new SAVE mode is adopted, which optimizes driving torque and modifies the shift schedule to improve actual fuel economy when driving highways or open roads. This mode also helps reduce ankle fatigue.
    Starting performance while selecting "R mode" for the transmission and VDC-R is improved.
    To control tight corner braking phenomenon, which can occur when starting the vehicle while turning the steering wheel, 2WD mode is added to temporarily shift to 2WD driving.

* When the vehicle speed is below 10km/h and the steering wheel is turned more than halfway.
    Body Strengthening
    A highly rigid, lightweight strut supporting bar, made of carbon composite with aluminum honeycomb material, is installed in the partition wall of the engine compartment. By linking the right and left struts to quickly receive suspension input, the vehicle body's responsiveness to driving operation is enhanced.
    An additional support member is installed in the passenger side of the instrument panel. Responsiveness of the vehicle body is further improved by enhanced rigidity for connection with the engine compartment.
    For further production accuracy, the fitting precision of the body panels is enhanced and a higher-precision G sensor is utilized in checking the instrument panel during the vibration testing of each vehicle body.
    Suspension and Braking Modifications

For the front suspension, the lever ratio of the springs, shock absorbers and stabilizer bar is modified to improve the vertical load response of the tires. Front caster angle is increased from 5°35 to 6°00 to improve tire road holding ability when turning and stability while driving straight.
    For the rear suspension, toe performance is modified by changing the roll center height to a lower position in order to improve tire grip while making turns and to better communicate driving feel.
    An aluminum free-piston shock absorber design is newly developed which generates more precise damping force to constantly provide stable road holding and a load shift that quickly responds to driver's intention. Reduced friction in the shock absorbers provides high quality, smooth ride comfort.
    A thin, large-diameter rotor (Φ390) developed uniquely by Nissan is adopted to improve braking force, fade resistance, pedal control ability and extend brake rotor life for sporty driving.
    Wheels and Tires

The 11MY GT-R also features newly designed, lighter weight and more rigid forged aluminum-alloy wheels. Made by Rays, the wheels help improve tire responsiveness to vertical load. Knurling inside the wheel is modified to avoid deviation of tire rotation direction caused by the higher engine output. On the wheel surface, a new Hyper Blue Black Chrome color is adopted, which expresses high quality and high-performance feel. The wheels' deep gloss is created by utilization of a five-layer coating process.
    The Dunlop SP SPORT MAXX GT 600 DSST CTT tires have a new compound to improve tire grip. With renewed structure and improved tread and sidewall rigidity, straight-line stability in rutted roads is enhanced.

2. Design
    Exterior and aerodynamics

Even with GT-R's already intense and stable form, its world-leading aerodynamics performance is further improved through a number of significant enhancements. Downforce is increased by about 10%, while the coefficient of drag is further reduced from 0.27 to 0.26.
    Stability is improved by enlarged bumper and grille openings
    The front bumper is newly designed with double rectifier fins and Hyper Daylight with a large-diameter reflecting surface and high intensity white-color LED lights. The design increases front downforce by about 10%, while also reducing air resistance inside the engine compartment. The volume of air that passes through the radiator and cools down the front brakes is also increased.

Additional plated parts are used for headlight inner panels, enhancing the car's strong presence.
    The redesigned rear bumper features a lower center of gravity than the previous design, created by a sculptured lower portion and extended length. Underfloor cooling performance is enhanced with air resistance reduced by extending a rear diffuser.
    Cooling performance for the muffler is improved and rear downforce is increased by about 10% through use of a new rear bumper air outlet, which helps remove air in the rear wheelhouses.

A newly designed tailpipe finisher with enlarged diameter is adopted. Rear high-intensity LED fog lamps are provided as standard equipment to help improve visibility from vehicles behind in rainy or snowy conditions.
    Six exterior colors are available, including two new colors: Meteo Flake Black Pearl (2P) and Aurora Flare Blue Pearl (2P). (Both are special colors.)
    Interior

A newly shaped instrument panel pad and navigation system display finisher are adopted, with stitch lines changed to express an enhanced quality feel.
    Real carbon center cluster finisher is used, along with matte black finished switches.
    The GT-R emblem at the center of the steering wheel has a new velour-like coating, expressing a glossy texture. For the paddle shift, a coating exposing the magnesium base material is applied.
    Chrome-plated rings in the console and air-conditioner outlets are finished with a new black smoky coating, expressing greater sportiness.
    Seat

Seats for Pure edition and Premium edition provide an improved level of comfort and safety while cornering. In addition, fatigue levels are reduced for the thighs and lower back by changing the shape, extending the length of seating surface and refurbishing the cushion stroke. A new seatback design seatback is adopted to improve fit.
    The Black edition has leather-appointed bucket seats using a Recaro design based on the structure of Pure edition and Premium edition seats.

SpecV

Modifications applicable only to the SpecV are as follows:

Engine modifications are the same as the base model with improved maximum power output and torque, as well as enhanced fuel economy, except maximum torque is improved to 612N・m(62.5kgf・m)/ 3,200~6,000rpm (632N・m(64.5kgf・m)/ 3,600~5,600rpm). (Figures in parenthesis are when high geared boost is used.)
    To improve abrasion resistance and stability in racing circuit driving, rear brake pad material is changed and VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control) balance under braking is modified.
    Dunlop SP SPORT MAXX GT 600 DSST CTT tire is adopted as a standard feature.
    Special Rays lightweight aluminum forging wheels for the SpecV are adopted from the previous model with the color changed to Metallic Black.

Nice little highspeed slide at 0:48 Smiley
    --

public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

If Nissan took care of the problems, the GT-R is now a real bargain. If

The performance on the Nordschleife is still impressive for such a heavy car, there is no doubt about it.

Preliminary performance data: 0-100 kph in 3.5 seconds, Vmax 315 kph.

_goodies.Par.13883.Image.imgProcessing.jpeg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

KresoF1:

Already tested by Sport Auto. Article will be published on Friday 22nd October 2010 in November issue of Sport Auto.

Ring time? 7.34min...

More here> http://www.sportauto-online.de/testbericht/nissan-gt-r-2011-im-nordschleifen-test-2822697.html

Nissan allowed Sport Auto to join the last setup testing runs of the "new" GT-R, incl. their own data recording of lap times.

I guess Nissan needs to improve their credibility in the sports car world after the disaster regarding reported quality issues on the GT-R.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Well i think 7.34 is a MONSTER time for a fat coupe like the GTR.  

Just take the RS 5 as comparison - pityful IMHO.... 

For sure they addressed most of the problems and as RC says NOW is the time to buy one!

really look forward to this sport auto review... if i am correct those tests were done in damp surface condition, meaning that a time close to the Carrera GT (!!!)  is well possible...

KresoF1:
    reginos:

I think that for 92900€ in Germany MY11 Black edition is awsome value buy. Only, is it reliable enough?

Personally, I would buy MY11 GT-R instead Audi RS5 in a split second since they are the same price. ...and you know I am Audi fan.

You said only 4s? Still, I am impressed with MY11 GT-R.

I think you'll change your mind, once you check the other GTR thread about thew 2 new common problems with the transmission Smiley

--
    http://i53.tinypic.com/rkqw4h.jpg

--
    http://i53.tinypic.com/rkqw4h.jpg

Great performer but at 70k I feel Nissan will feel the pinch on units. 55k is the figure that will sell this like hot cakes.

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

The final question here is: did Nissan work out the flaws ? If they did, the GT-R is the hell of a car. 

--

Ie. Have they put in a tested gearbox that has hope of making it around the Nurnburgring at least once.

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

RC:

The final question here is: did Nissan work out the flaws ? If they did, the GT-R is the hell of a car. 

'They would be absolutely moronic if they did not.

I would say it would be negligent and class action lawsuit worthy.

--

...the only thing stopping you in all likelihood, is you!

Wow, out in February is a tweaked GTR. 20 more hp and a revised suspension set up, apparently. However, it will cost £75,000 no.

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

reginos:

Sport Auto test on Jan 30, 2011, the time was 7.34  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_auto_(Germany)

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    690983 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410126 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256179 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235403 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65744 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858782 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775097 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM