Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Protomotive ECU on 997.2 turbo pdk 100-300kmh ran

Since ppl here only believe in numbers..Here we go

100-200kmh 6.6sec

200-300kmh 19.1sec

100-300kmh in  25.7sec

Re: Protomotive ECU on 997.2 turbo pdk 100-300kmh ran

Power output?

This is a prime example to all potential purchasers of tuners wares......beware what you read on the internet Smiley

Even 6speed which "allows" a ridulous 3% slope had to turn this run down....

Some how and for reasons only the owner knows this guy managed to find a 5% slope to do his 0-300kph run down Smiley

I think it was RC who has said many times, really one can only trust reputable magazine numbers since they really try and normalise test conditions, but even those are sometimes optimistic when unscrupulous manufacturers give them slightly more powerful "standard" cars to test....

It is a minefield out there.....Smiley

--

2009 997 GT2 659PS/827NM DIN

Toby can't u just shut ur mouth for a sec??

On the ran that u r talking about it ran 6.5sec

We made another ran and it ran 6.6sec.

Why u not tell us about the white 997 gt2 w/RS tuning stg3 modded VTG's who got yanked by stage2 997tt and SPI GT-R 

The poor customer follow Mr-Tobby recommendation here is what he got

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oweuZDW_Uls

Freak997Turbo:

Toby can't u just shut ur mouth for a sec??

On the ran that u r talking about it ran 6.5sec

We made another ran and it ran 6.6sec.

Why u not tell us about the white 997 gt2 w/RS tuning stg3 modded VTG's who got yanked by stage2 997tt and SPI GT-R 

The poor customer follow Mr-Tobby recommendation here is what he got

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oweuZDW_Uls

Thanks for sharing. So the video shows a RS Tuning GT2 being passed by a Turbo? Any explanation? Has the GT2 been data-logged? I am having more doubt on these pre-packaged tunes (as opposed to one that is "custom"), even one from as competent a tuner as RS Tuning.

It appears there have been some data logging of tuned cars from tuners that IMO are competent, and some of the data are all over the place with respect to timing and AFR, for example. Could this GT2 be another example of how a pre-packaged tune may work on some cars and not others? Simply due to car to car variation?

I am well aware that any car leaves the factory with what is essentially a pre-packaged tune; which makes the issue all the more interesting.

--

Regards,
    Can
    997 Turbo + Bilstein Damptronic "Stage 2" ( Review ) + GIAC ECU Tune ( Fast as a torpedo & reversible to stock - Review ) + Cargraphic Exhaust ( Oh heavenly noise! )

Many ppl asked Toby here and other forum about that gt2 but he couldn't answer LOL!!

Current Auto Bild sportscar : techart Turbo pdk 620 hp vs Geiger corvette zr1 690 hp Both cars up to 300 km/h around 26 secs. Hmm Strange techart Turbo pdk Faster than mutch lighter gt2 rs up to 300 kmh both with 620 hp. Very strange By the Way 620 hp achieved only by ECU and exaust Sa tested the same porsche As well a few weeks ago and said they doubt about its relability As they are Running 820 nm but the pdk max is 800 nm we will se. In the Same mag (autobild) was a question why the gt2 rs is running the old 3.6 Liter engine and it was said because this engine was build to Run well over 600 hp without major changes and that is not the case with the 3.8 liter one but the strange thing techart says the new engine is so good for tunning and has so mutch more Potential than the old one maybee He has to say that maybee he is Wright in power output and wrong in relability sorry for my english

From the latest AutoBild Sportscars:

TechArt 911 Turbo PDK (620 hp)

2 persons on board, full tank of fuel

• GPS-Vmax. 335 km/h
    • 0-100 km/h in 2,9 s
    • 0-200 km/h in 9,4 s
    • 0-300 km/h in 25,4 s
    • 200-300 km/h in 16,0 s

acrobat:

• GPS-Vmax. 335 km/h
    • 0-100 km/h in 2,9 s
    • 0-200 km/h in 9,4 s
    • 0-300 km/h in 25,4 s
    • 200-300 km/h in 16,0 s

They should have done several tests in a row in order to check whether the engine explodes after 4, 5 or 6 runs... Honestly, the test car had more hp than claimed (in combination with the new PDK and the new enigne block...) and those Techart cars are not of the best quality Smiley I would never consider buying such a compromised car Smiley

As i wrote above techart is running 820 nm whilst the pdk max is 800 nm the same car was in the Sport Auto a few weeks ago and the were concerned how long He will run... Techart with 620 hp Turbo 26 sec up to 300kmh Porsche gt2 rs 620 hp mutch lighter 28 sec up to 300 km/h Very strange any one some ideas concerning my post above and the engine 3.6 vs 3.8 Liter ( techart Statement)

Techart Turbo = better aerodynamics, faster gearchanges and shorter gear ratios.

GT2 RS=lighter

MKSGR:
    acrobat:

• GPS-Vmax. 335 km/h
    • 0-100 km/h in 2,9 s
    • 0-200 km/h in 9,4 s
    • 0-300 km/h in 25,4 s
    • 200-300 km/h in 16,0 s

They should have done several tests in a row in order to check whether the engine explodes after 4, 5 or 6 runs... Honestly, the test car had more hp than claimed (in combination with the new PDK and the new enigne block...) and those Techart cars are not of the best quality Smiley I would never consider buying such a compromised car Smiley

Hmm, I heard Techart does the best job amongst all Porsche tuners out there. Their products are said to be best quality and their reliability seems to be on par with OEM. Obviously they test their products several 10.000 km, before they are offered to customers and they refuse offering higher power outputs which would be possible but not reliable enough.

So who is right in the end? Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

acrobat:

Techart Turbo = better aerodynamics, faster gearchanges and shorter gear ratios.

GT2 RS=lighter

Hm not to sure As follow things happend, test was done to v max Top Speed techart 335, zr1 geiger 338 techart was slightly faster up to 300 km/h than zr1 geiger but up to 335 km/h techart Lost significant Time because of his 7 th gear witch is very long if you ask me techart is running more than 620 hp as this car is even faster than techarts gt2 with 700hp up to 300kmh

Dario:
    acrobat:

GT2 RS=lighter

Hm not to sure As follow things happend, test was done to v max Top Speed techart 335, zr1 geiger 338 techart was slightly faster up to 300 km/h than zr1 geiger but up to 335 km/h techart Lost significant Time because of his 7 th gear witch is very long if you ask me techart is running more than 620 hp as this car is even faster than techarts gt2 with 700hp up to 300kmh

Yes, but PDK shifts up to 7th gear over 310 km/h, so for the 0-300 km/h acceleration it only uses its first 6 ratios. And those are shorter than the GT2 RS's.
    Smiley

Dario:
     Porsche gt2 rs 620 hp mutch lighter 28 sec up to 300 km/h Very strange any one some ideas concerning my post above and the engine 3.6 vs 3.8 Liter ( techart Statement)

One has to keep in mind that the ultra-fast gear changes on pdk cars do bring an advantage - at high speeds in particular. Unfortunately, I don't have any GPS data on this topic but I would think that the pdk advantage might add up to 1-2 seconds between 0 and 300 kph Smiley

acrobat:

GT2 RS=lighter

If you keep in mind that a regular (530hp) turbo S does 0-300 in 36s under ideal conditions (see different post above) the key question is: how likely is it that by adding 90hp you gain 10s...

Rossi:
    MKSGR:
    acrobat:

• GPS-Vmax. 335 km/h
    • 0-100 km/h in 2,9 s
    • 0-200 km/h in 9,4 s
    • 0-300 km/h in 25,4 s
    • 200-300 km/h in 16,0 s

Hmm, I heard Techart does the best job amongst all Porsche tuners out there. Their products are said to be best quality and their reliability seems to be on par with OEM. Obviously they test their products several 10.000 km, before they are offered to customers and they refuse offering higher power outputs which would be possible but not reliable enough.

So who is right in the end? Smiley

I can only tell you that I would never ever consider a Techart car for myself Smiley

MKSGR:
    acrobat:

GT2 RS=lighter

If you keep in mind that a regular (530hp) turbo S does 0-300 in 36s under ideal conditions (see different post above) the key question is: how likely is it that by adding 90hp you gain 10s...

The Geiger ZR1 (same test) hit 300 kph 8,8 seconds quicker than the stock one tested by AutoBild Sporscars (26,7 vs 35,5 s) - with only 45-more-hp!
    So I believe that a Turbo PDK with 620 hp is capable for a low-25-sec time. Smiley

I wonder why u r comparing the Proto flashed car against Techart car LOL 

acrobat:

The Geiger ZR1 (same test) hit 300 kph 8,8 seconds quicker than the stock one tested by AutoBild Sporscars (26,7 vs 35,5 s) - with only 45-more-hp!
    So I believe that a Turbo PDK with 620 hp is capable for a low-25-sec time. Smiley

concerning the zr1, many owner here in europe think that the car in stock is overrated what hp conerns

They think the car has only around 580 hp..  so the hp gain from Geiger could be in fact more than 45 hp, all most 100hp for real. (If Geiger really hits 690 hp)

The stock time for the zr1 up to 300kmh with 36 sec is slow for over 600hp, so i do think that the zr1 in stock condition is overrated.

cannga:

Thanks for sharing. So the video shows a RS Tuning GT2 being passed by a Turbo? Any explanation? Has the GT2 been data-logged? I am having more doubt on these pre-packaged tunes (as opposed to one that is "custom"), even one from as competent a tuner as RS Tuning.

It appears there have been some data logging of tuned cars from tuners that IMO are competent, and some of the data are all over the place with respect to timing and AFR, for example. Could this GT2 be another example of how a pre-packaged tune may work on some cars and not others? Simply due to car to car variation?

I am well aware that any car leaves the factory with what is essentially a pre-packaged tune; which makes the issue all the more interesting.

Hey Can, just saw these replies.....

What you write above is very true. The GT2 in the video above had the Cargraphic 635 kit fitted with a set of CTR intercoolers (like mine). The original plan was for the owner to get the work done at RS Tuning's facility so that they could check everything was OK and even do some optimisation of the program.

The kit was actually installed by a shop in Sweden and I believe there were problems in the installation - I don't know the details (and in truth its non of my business) but it is entirely possible that the GT2 is not running the full 635 power....

Alternatively the 997tt in the video may be tuned to run its VTGs at a much more aggressive loading than for example RS Tuning would set them at, this would indeed give faster acceleration, right up until the Xth time when the VTGs melted and trashed the motor - the ones you never hear about Smiley Actually you do, one of my pals who works at an OPC told me about a warranty claim where a "tuned" 997tt.1 melted its VTGs and wrote off teh engine, Porsche will pay ziltch and the owner is not so happy !

Re Techart - IMO FWIW Smiley the quality of their stuff (in particular body kits stuff) is factory but the engine tuning is not the best.... That 620 kit on the 997tt.2 is very very very fast tho' isn't it - as Marcus says, how many times can it run that 0-300 in 25s back to back ?

Regarding the Dfi turbo engine, RS is very dismissive of this engine, he says it is just the 3.8 carrera engine with turbos and he reckons it will be replaced soon, probably with a V8 !

--

MKSGR:
    acrobat:

GT2 RS=lighter

Techart representative claimed it had 620hp at the wheels. Engine horsepower is probably in 700hp range. They apparently did 30 000km so far without problems including all the testing. I would stick with Turbo S, fast enough and should do 200 000km without problems.

Will someone please explain this puzzle that is the TechArt PDK car?

1. I know (or think I know LOL) PDK's limit is 800 Nm or so.
    2. TechArt PDK has not just fast time, but *stunningly* fast time; indicating something much more than 800 Nm, or 620 hp at play, no?
    3. It is a test car; I would think it has been "tested" to its limit plenty of times.

Assuming above 3 conditions are met: the torque for this car is around 800Nm, and if the torque for this car is "merely" 800 Nm, how do you explain the 25 sec time? If you then argue the car must have more than 800 Nm, how do explain the fact that it's still "standing" after these abusive tests?
    The numbers don't make sense, but they are there and they don't lie. Does the PDK box defies, or redefines, reasonable expectations of relationship between horsepower and acceleration time?

One thing for sure, I think PDK could be a boring gearbox for some, but I am not racing any PDK Turbo any time soon.

--

Regards,
    Can
    997 Turbo + Bilstein Damptronic "Stage 2" ( Review ) + GIAC ECU Tune ( Fast as a torpedo & reversible to stock - Review ) + Cargraphic Exhaust ( Oh heavenly noise! )

It is a fact that the pdk is Build to a maximum to 800 nm As techart says they running 820 nm i guess the question is when exactly and how they are touched and it is no rumor that renforce the pdk System is a hart one i think if you really want a Best 20 secs Flat to 300 km/h You Need a manuel Turbo or gt2 to modify

mv:
    MKSGR:
    acrobat:

GT2 RS=lighter

Techart representative claimed it had 620hp at the wheels. Engine horsepower is probably in 700hp range. They apparently did 30 000km so far without problems including all the testing. I would stick with Turbo S, fast enough and should do 200 000km without problems.

You have two options: either you believe their claim (Smiley) or.... you might ask them for the warranty / cost of extending their warranty. The latter option will give you much better insight into how reliable this tuning product is Smiley

cannga:

Does the PDK box defies, or redefines, reasonable expectations of relationship between horsepower and acceleration time?

Of course it does. As mentioned above I would expect PDK to reduce 0-300 times by 1-2s. Unfortunately, I don't have any GPS data on this topic. Would be interesting to analyse this (using stock 997TT with/without PDK, for example) Smiley

If this had come from a less reputable tuner I would have said they were running the VTGs too  hard and the engine is a grenade but Techart are a decent company with impeccable reputation to keep intact whose owners will doubtlessly use all this performance on the autobahn....

I would say that Autobild tests are not THE most consistent, I would prefer to see a Sport Auto Papenburg test for definitive numbers. If it runs the same 25.x s then I guess it has to be in the mid 600s hp level allowing for the PDK and the excellent 997tt aero. As far as the torque limit, it can still be kept under 800NM and have this performance.......Like Marcus says if they give you a decent 50k miles warranty on this then it really is amazing Smiley

Personally I like the stick Smiley

--

TB993tt:
    cannga:

Hey Can, just saw these replies.....

What you write above is very true. The GT2 in the video above had the Cargraphic 635 kit fitted with a set of CTR intercoolers (like mine). The original plan was for the owner to get the work done at RS Tuning's facility so that they could check everything was OK and even do some optimisation of the program.

The kit was actually installed by a shop in Sweden and I believe there were problems in the installation - I don't know the details (and in truth its non of my business) but it is entirely possible that the GT2 is not running the full 635 power....

Alternatively the 997tt in the video may be tuned to run its VTGs at a much more aggressive loading than for example RS Tuning would set them at, this would indeed give faster acceleration, right up until the Xth time when the VTGs melted and trashed the motor - the ones you never hear about Smiley Actually you do, one of my pals who works at an OPC told me about a warranty claim where a "tuned" 997tt.1 melted its VTGs and wrote off teh engine, Porsche will pay ziltch and the owner is not so happy !

Re Techart - IMO FWIW Smiley the quality of their stuff (in particular body kits stuff) is factory but the engine tuning is not the best.... That 620 kit on the 997tt.2 is very very very fast tho' isn't it - as Marcus says, how many times can it run that 0-300 in 25s back to back ?

Regarding the Dfi turbo engine, RS is very dismissive of this engine, he says it is just the 3.8 carrera engine with turbos and he reckons it will be replaced soon, probably with a V8 !

there were problems in the installation??? WTF!!!

fuckin lier....Why u dont fly to Sweden and install the vtg's for him LOL!!! 

TB993tt:

I would say that Autobild tests are not THE most consistent, I would prefer to see a Sport Auto Papenburg test for definitive numbers. If it runs the same 25.x s then I guess it has to be in the mid 600s hp level allowing for the PDK and the excellent 997tt aero. As far as the torque limit, it can still be kept under 800NM and have this performance.......Like Marcus says if they give you a decent 50k miles warranty on this then it really is amazing Smiley

What's the difference between testing a car on an airfield with full tank of fuel and 2 persons on board - and testing a car on Papenburg's straight with full tank of fuel and 2 persons on board? Even the 2D-Telemetry they are using is the same...

acrobat:
    TB993tt:

What's the difference between testing a car on an airfield with full tank of fuel and 2 persons on board - and testing a car on Papenburg's straight with full tank of fuel and 2 persons on board? Even the 2D-Telemetry they are using is the same...

Test conditions (temperature etc.) can make a substantial difference - thus testing the cars on the same day under the same conditions is important Smiley 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688463 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408667 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255505 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234753 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65374 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4634 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857542 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773300 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM