Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

F1 Predictions

Dr Phil and our other wise F1 pundits, we're only a few days away from the start of the new season so any predictions? Will Sunday afternoons be spent nodding off or clinging to the edge of the sofa? Will Mclarens new paint scheme reflect light so badly we cannot see what is going on? Which supermodel will be clinging to Briatore? Button's first win?

I'll call Raikonnen for the title. Provided the engine stays together.

Re: F1 Predictions

Quote:
    nick997 said:
    Will Mclarens new paint scheme reflect light so badly we cannot see what is going on?

McLarens new livery will actually reflect the flames when the engine blows...way too cool!!

I think Honda will be in the title hunt from the first race. Hoping that Williams/Cosworth will surprise some people. Also think Mclaren could have somne problems.

Oh, you just wait for the season to start....I have been practicing the art of Carlos + Girlieman bashing this winter...so I am ready!!

No telling what will happen. Both Renault, Ferrari, McLaren and a coupl of other teams look promising, but of course no teamboss in his right mind will go public with a pre-season statement like "Oh, it looks really crappy. The engine sucks..and not the way it is supposed to suck, the drivers are bitching and test show that were are nowhere near competitive. But at least out pitbabes are all siliconed up and ready to blow..I mean go."

In fact there is only thing we can be sure of:
    Kimi is king and Feminando Homonso will have a hard time weaseling his way to another championship. (Insert Carlos rebuttle here ____________ )
    My money is on Schumi, Kimi and the Honda team. I hope Barri finally gets a chance to shine and Jenson lives up to his potential.
    I am also looking forward to seeing Klien and newcomer Scott Speed.
    Finally an American back in F1....lets see if he can more than drive oval tracks (Insert anti-European slur here_____ )

If you wanna get in shape for the season, how about warming up with my ode to Alonsa from last season:

"I wanna look into your eyes
    but a soapbox would be nice
    You're only 4 foot seven
    but you can ride my pole to heaven.
    Lalalala...ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Slosh!
    Can you feel my pole position, Fernando?

They were fast, you were slow,
    You drive like a girl and look like a ho
    Youre a lipgloss sissy and Kimi makes you dizzy,
    all YOU can do is hope their engines blow

Suckey A, suckety L, Suckety O, Suckety N
    SO you really wanna be a girlieman among men?

It's sucha a disgrace when you think you won the race
    and you gloat from the car with a smile on your face
    U throw your hands in the air, are you really unaware
    that your talent next to Kimi's is way beyond compare?

So enjoy your "victory" and your "championship"
    no need to be embarrassed, but you need to get a grip:
    Like Enrique and Beckham you belong to to a race
    who's got hair like a girlie and make-up in your face
    sobbing like a baby and crying to the press
    I'm surprised you dont drive your car wearing a dress
    With an attitude like that, who's gonna think youre a star? us?
    The only one in your fanclub
    is a girlieman named Carlos!

And I believe the season JUST started....hehehehe

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Oh, you just wait for the season to start....I have been practicing the art of Carlos + Girlieman bashing this winter...so I am ready!!

No telling what will happen. Both Renault, Ferrari, McLaren and a coupl of other teams look promising, but of course no teamboss in his right mind will go public with a pre-season statement like "Oh, it looks really crappy. The engine sucks..and not the way it is supposed to suck, the drivers are bitching and test show that were are nowhere near competitive. But at least out pitbabes are all siliconed up and ready to blow..I mean go."

In fact there is only thing we can be sure of:
    Kimi is king and Feminando Homonso will have a hard time weaseling his way to another championship. (Insert Carlos rebuttle here ____________ )
    My money is on Schumi, Kimi and the Honda team. I hope Barri finally gets a chance to shine and Jenson lives up to his potential.
    I am also looking forward to seeing Klien and newcomer Scott Speed.
    Finally an American back in F1....lets see if he can more than drive oval tracks (Insert anti-European slur here_____ )

If you wanna get in shape for the season, how about warming up with my ode to Alonsa from last season:

"I wanna look into your eyes
    but a soapbox would be nice
    You're only 4 foot seven
    but you can ride my pole to heaven.
    Lalalala...ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Slosh!
    Can you feel my pole position, Fernando?

They were fast, you were slow,
    You drive like a girl and look like a ho
    Youre a lipgloss sissy and Kimi makes you dizzy,
    all YOU can do is hope their engines blow

Suckey A, suckety L, Suckety O, Suckety N
    SO you really wanna be a girlieman among men?

It's sucha a disgrace when you think you won the race
    and you gloat from the car with a smile on your face
    U throw your hands in the air, are you really unaware
    that your talent next to Kimi's is way beyond compare?

So enjoy your "victory" and your "championship"
    no need to be embarrassed, but you need to get a grip:
    Like Enrique and Beckham you belong to to a race
    who's got hair like a girlie and make-up in your face
    sobbing like a baby and crying to the press
    I'm surprised you dont drive your car wearing a dress
    With an attitude like that, who's gonna think youre a star? us?
    The only one in your fanclub
    is a girlieman named Carlos!

And I believe the season JUST started....hehehehe

Did you follow the winter tests?

Quote:
    Walter said:

No, I try not to let facts and knowledge interfere with my arguments.
    They have to stay irrational, subjective and biased!

Any particular reason you ask?

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Quote:
    Walter said:

No, I try not to let facts and knowledge interfere with my arguments.
    They have to stay irrational, subjective and biased!

Any particular reason you ask?

No...cool answer

Dear Dr Phil,

Will Alonzo be wearing his gold lame driving shoes this season? Or has Paris Hilton performed a emergency "fashion intervention" on him?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said: Feminando Homonso

For some reason that's the funniest thing I've read in ages.

Quote:
    Superbird said:
    Quote:
    Dr. Phil said: Feminando Homonso

For some reason that's the funniest thing I've read in ages.

If you thinks that is funny, check the many Formula 1 GP threads where Carlos and myself are going at it
    Here is a little sample:

I'm more excited about the discussions I'll be reading here than the season itself.

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    My money is on Schumi, Kimi and the Honda team.

Hard to believe you bet $$ on Schumi.

Here are Schumi's thoughts pre-season...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/4769660.stm

Never count out Schumi.
    He may be a senior in the field, but I wouldnt be surprised if he is very competitive this season. I just hope he stays off his bad (and sometimes psychotic) driving habits.

There's an interesting pre-season preview from the official site:

http://www.formula1.com/news/4042.html

At this stage, it's impossible for any of us to really know what is going to happen. Come Bahrain, we'll know who's been working hard over the Winter and who's been eating and drinking too much...

My thoughts:

1.) Will be interesting to see how the tyre debacle of last season plays off into this season. Ferrari pretty much abandoned F2005 work early with the unsucessful campaign...will this show positively in their F2006? Will they be able to keep their dry tyre compound competitive midway through the race?

2.) Will Alonso loose the cool that he showed off so magnificently last year? With his emminent departure from Renault, will the Flavio gang really get the "bonus treatment" that he was rumored to have recieved over teamate Giancarlo?

3.) The jump overs: will be interesting to watch the results of Barichello, Button and Villneuve. These three blokes have much to prove and the opportunities to do it.

4.) El Torro Rosso: can they develop a market in the US with Scott Speed as a driver? Not if they do as poorly as they appear to be doing

5.) McLaren reliability issues: McMerc really put out a vicious car last year, coupled with two very talented and fearless drivers. However, they were stymied time and time over with a lack of mechanical reliability and some (in my opinion) characteristic choking by JP Montoya. Will they have kinked out these problems this year?

Can't wait to see

oh, P.S. look for a good larf with Super Aguri and their antiquated technology. Expect laps in the +5-10 second bracket

Hopefully Fisichella will get equal treatment this year. If he had in 2005, who knows if Alonso would have been champ?

I think you'll find it's Alonso who will be hoping for equal treatment with Fisi. Briatore is a powerful and aggressive man who is no doubt very hurt by the fact that Alonso announced his departure over the Winter.

Why should Briatore help Alonso win the drivers championship only for McLaren to have the defending world champion in their car next year?

No, surely, Flavio would prefer Fisi to become champ so that the title is defended next year by Renault (that's assuming they don't pull out of F1 as has been suggested by the CEO of Renault in order to cut costs).

Flavio only wants Alonso to do well to the extent necessary to help Renault win the constructors championship.

Having said all this, Flav treated Alonso like a son. Bonds like that are hard to break so maybe Alonso will still be well treated even though he's abandoning Renault after all they've done for him in 2005.

Just my 2 cents worth...

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    I think you'll find it's Alonso who will be hoping for equal treatment with Fisi. Briatore is a powerful and aggressive man who is no doubt very hurt by the fact that Alonso announced his departure over the Winter.

Why should Briatore help Alonso win the drivers championship only for McLaren to have the defending world champion in their car next year?

No, surely, Flavio would prefer Fisi to become champ so that the title is defended next year by Renault (that's assuming they don't pull out of F1 as has been suggested by the CEO of Renault in order to cut costs).

Flavio only wants Alonso to do well to the extent necessary to help Renault win the constructors championship.

Having said all this, Flav treated Alonso like a son. Bonds like that are hard to break so maybe Alonso will still be well treated even though he's abandoning Renault after all they've done for him in 2005.

Just my 2 cents worth...

Remember that Alonso is managed by Flav so he will be on a cut of whatever he gets at Mclaren. Can't really lose either way.

I think the Cosworth, Ferrari and Honda powered cars will have an advantage because they've been building V8 racing engines for a long time. I think it's going to be a fun year! Can't wait! (Yes, I'm in the US and hate Nascar!)

Interesting results from free session at Bahrain GP...
    1.BMW-Sauber R.Kubica(test driver)
    2.Williams-Cosworth A.Wurtz(test driver)
    3.Mclaren-Mercedes Kimi
    4.Ferrari Schumacher

No time yet for Renault, they have some problems...
    Strange results(although, it is free session...)?

No Branimir, Honda and Renault chose not to run in the first practice session on Friday. They will be running now though. It started 2pm local time in Bahrain i.e. 7 minutes ago!

The second session today is the one that really matters - hopefully we'll see who is really quicker after all the talking and talking over the winter!

Hope you all enjoy this F1 season - looks like it will be a classic!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    762420 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435339 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260507 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257563 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80947 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5321 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872255 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807630 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM