Forum - Thread

Re: 997 GT2 RS - Official Information & Photos

Faster than 599 GTO!!! hahahaha

--

Some more stuff to read/look at...

www.autobild.de/artikel/porsche-911-gt2-rs-fahrbericht_1218107.html

Very strange - on the video with Andreas there is a badge with 0/500 limited edition GT2 RS, and then on the car from Evo magazine - 0/300...

From Autocar:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/FirstDrives/Porsche-911-3.6-GT2-RS/251525/

--

"Form follows function"

Anybody of the future German GT2RS owners heard that the car MUST be registered this year, because it won't be possible from 2011 onwards?

I don't know the reason for this, does anybody have more information? 

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:

Anybody of the future German GT2RS owners heard that the car MUST be registered this year, because it won't be possible from 2011 onwards?

I got the same info.. Something to do with the CO2. This has something 4 and next year it must be 5? Not 100% sure.. But it means that mine will be registered 1 day in Germany before I get it...

EURO 5 emissions standards

http://www.euractiv.com/en/transport/euro-5-emissions-standards-cars/article-133325

--

"Form follows function"

Thanks, I thought it has something to do with the emissions. Stupid thing to register it for one day in Germany, isn't it? 

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:

Thanks, I thought it has something to do with the emissions. Stupid thing to register it for one day in Germany, isn't it? 

Politicians and cars don't mix very well unfortunately.

Now the EU bureaucrats are turning to motorcycles too. They are trying to impose a 100 PS limit Smiley

--

"Form follows function"

GT2 RS wallpaper from CAR Magazine:

911gt2rs.jpg

911gt2rs02.jpg 

--

10 PRINT "997.2 Carrera S rules"

20 GOTO 10

30 RUN

hey, thats my colors :-)

Rossi:

That's what my dealer told me as well just today! Honestly, I am very upset (I ordered a car for March). I don't want to have a GT2 and a GT2RS in parallel. I also don't want a new RS during the heaviest winter. I simply want to switch my GT2 (did some 65.000km already in 18 months...) for the RS early next year when the weather is getting better...

Now, my dealer is rather relcutant to just take the risk of taking my old car into stock in the month of December. Shall I try to sell my GT2 in the month of December? For sure not. I am really annoyed.

Also, Porsche Germany still cannot confirm any RS contracts. Can you believe all this? As I said, I am very much annoyed Smiley

As it appears I would place a bet that Porsche will suffer a nightmare in selling these 500 GT2RS. I am quite sure that they will not be successful in this: they cannot confirm any orders in late July + all cars need to be sold by November (to get them registered by December 31). No way can they do this. Even the 599GTO is still available for orders. And the GTO has been offered and sold for months now. And GTO customers don't get upset by surprising delivery schedules and orders which are not officially confirmed for months.

Somehow Porsche screwed the marketing of the GT2RS. Very annoying Smiley

AlexGil:

GratulererSmileySmiley

I sense a new record coming up next summerSmiley

--

10 PRINT "997.2 Carrera S rules"

20 GOTO 10

30 RUN

MKSGR:

As it appears I would place a bet that Porsche will suffer a nightmare in selling these 500 GT2RS. I am quite sure that they will not be successful in this: they cannot confirm any orders in late July + all cars need to be sold by November (to get them registered by December 31). No way can they do this.

Are we going to see discounts on this limited edition model ? Smiley

AlexGil:

would this be yours by any chance ?

--

--

--

MKSGR:
    Rossi:

That's what my dealer told me as well just today! Honestly, I am very upset (I ordered a car for March). I don't want to have a GT2 and a GT2RS in parallel. I also don't want a new RS during the heaviest winter. I simply want to switch my GT2 (did some 65.000km already in 18 months...) for the RS early next year when the weather is getting better...

Now, my dealer is rather relcutant to just take the risk of taking my old car into stock in the month of December. Shall I try to sell my GT2 in the month of December? For sure not. I am really annoyed.

Also, Porsche Germany still cannot confirm any RS contracts. Can you believe all this? As I said, I am very much annoyed Smiley

As it appears I would place a bet that Porsche will suffer a nightmare in selling these 500 GT2RS. I am quite sure that they will not be successful in this: they cannot confirm any orders in late July + all cars need to be sold by November (to get them registered by December 31). No way can they do this. Even the 599GTO is still available for orders. And the GTO has been offered and sold for months now. And GTO customers don't get upset by surprising delivery schedules and orders which are not officially confirmed for months.

If Porsche registered all the unsold cars to their name by 31/12 and tried to sell them later in 2011, what would the price reduction be (if any) on an unused,  pre-registered car with zero kilometers on the clock?

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:
    MKSGR:
    Rossi:

If Porsche registered all the unsold cars to their name by 31/12 and tried to sell them later in 2011, what would the price reduction be (if any) on an unused,  pre-registered car with zero kilometers on the clock?

--

"Form follows function"

That would probably the best approach by Porsche. They could then sell the cars without any discount later (I would assume). On the other hand: if Porsche is in a position to sell to whomever accepts delivery of the car in the middle of the winter (last December I even had problems in leaving my drive way because of the heavy snow...) they will end up selling to speculators and other resellers.

Thus, one might consider buying a car in Feb/Mar from the open market. I would expect a substantial discount and given that there are not that many options most cars should be OK in terms of specs.

The problem might be specific to the EU markets (as only here regulations seem to require that all cars are registered by 31/12). Anyhow, Porsche should have told people earlier about this registration requirement AND they should be in a position to confirm orders (this might be a problem specific to Porsche Germany though). The combination of not confirming German orders and still requiring the customer to accept a car (if any) in the middle of snowy winter is very bad Smiley

i really can't start to like the interior. it's ovr the top in a ricer kind of way.

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

intouch1:

i really can't start to like the interior. it's ovr the top in a ricer kind of way.

There is an all black interior as a NCO.

--

"Form follows function"

BiTurbo:
    AlexGil:

would this be yours by any chance ?

Yes, that was my car :-) 

Sold it last week... :( I got a ok exit on the car, and got another substitute that my dealer will take when the GT2RS arrives. So now I will drive a 430 Scuderia until October.

"Form follows function"

That would probably the best approach by Porsche. They could then sell the cars without any discount later (I would assume). On the other hand: if Porsche is in a position to sell to whomever accepts delivery of the car in the middle of the winter (last December I even had problems in leaving my drive way because of the heavy snow...) they will end up selling to speculators and other resellers.

Thus, one might consider buying a car in Feb/Mar from the open market. I would expect a substantial discount and given that there are not that many options most cars should be OK in terms of specs.

The problem might be specific to the EU markets (as only here regulations seem to require that all cars are registered by 31/12). Anyhow, Porsche should have told people earlier about this registration requirement AND they should be in a position to confirm orders (this might be a problem specific to Porsche Germany though). The combination of not confirming German orders and still requiring the customer to accept a car (if any) in the middle of snowy winter is very bad Smiley

in this case i think it is unaceptable to buy a car in march, but the warrenty is already running from december, (fist day of registration) so only 20 mont warrenty instead of 2 years or even less if you buy it later  (refear to the 2 years factory warrenty)

Other thing the swiss price is 390 000 sfr .i figuered out in the uk the price is about 160 000 pounds and in the us 245 000 us dollars  to be honest for me it is unaceptable that german and swiss people do  have to pay almost 50-60 % mor for the same car...... this price politic is a shame

On a more pleasant note, according to the Excellence magazine (US magazine about Porsche ) the internal NBR time is 7.18sec.

Also, "The car is hitting well over 186mph (298kph) before the bridge on the main straight, something which even VLN cars cannot match."

Perhaps, NBR experts here can enlighten us about what this speed means in that part of the circuit.

--

"Form follows function"

if they speak about Döttingerhöhe, the normal gt2 reatched about 294 kmh if i remember correctly.

A ruf car was over 300kmh so  the gt2 rs should be above 300kmh as well i guess  (sport auto test)

Will see tomorow what the ferrari 458 is able to do.....

All this speeds have to see in realation of the speed witch was reatched at the turn befor the long stright line

It must be above 300.. According to my Driftbox I had 298 on GPS there with my GT2.

Dario:

"Form follows function"

in this case i think it is unaceptable to buy a car in march, but the warrenty is already running from december, (fist day of registration) so only 20 mont warrenty instead of 2 years or even less if you buy it later  (refear to the 2 years factory warrenty)

Other thing the swiss price is 390 000 sfr .i figuered out in the uk the price is about 160 000 pounds and in the us 245 000 us dollars  to be honest for me it is unaceptable that german and swiss people do  have to pay almost 50-60 % mor for the same car...... this price politic is a shame

You are right... warranty would be shortened. However, I could live with that. The solution to my problem can only be that the dealer finds a way to buy my car in December. I am no car dealer and I won't get involved with selling a GT2 during winter. Maybe my dealer can still find a solution Smiley If not - I might indeed buy a GT2RS on the market in March/April. Might save me some money anyhow. But you never get the exact same specs you wanted... 

Sold it last week... :( I got a ok exit on the car, and got another substitute that my dealer will take when the GT2RS arrives. So now I will drive a 430 Scuderia until October.

Sounds like you picked the right strategy: ordering one of the first cars and selling the old GT2 during summer. If I had known that deliveries will only be possible in 2010 I would have done it the same way.

BTW, did Porsche officially reconfirm your RS contract yet (i.e. not just the dealer)? In Germany, it appears, that Porsche Germany is still not in the position to confirm orders.

According to what I was told, it has been confirmed that my car will go into production in week 37. That is all I know..

AlexGil:

According to what I was told, it has been confirmed that my car will go into production in week 37. That is all I know..

Smiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    781224 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442649 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263399 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261734 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85859 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5935 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881490 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    819109 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM