Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: GT2RS ordered!

Italo:

Could we now go back to talking bout cars, I heard all 599 of the 599 GTO have been sold. 

Should you be interested in a 599GTO (free configuration...) just send me a PN Smiley

Congrats Mike!

Please don't upload your pics on s.africas (ZA) server, I hate seeing red x's Smiley

--

John H:

For many of us R/T is not simply a car forum, it's a community of like-minded individuals who share and cross-pollinate with each other on a multitude of topics.  Helping others in areas of expertise, not essentially related to cars, is what makes this board so special.

Mike and John, you are both long-time members of this forum and valued for more than your automotive contributions. Albeit on a different level... Smiley

It would be sad to see any of you to post less frequently, especially due to such a negligible subject. I can follow John´s thinking to raise the question and am fairly certain that most of us have asked ourselves the same before, on the other hand I have the deepest respect for Mike´s reluctance to reveal his profession.

Now back to cars... I really think you should get the 599 GTO as well, Mike! Smiley

MKSGR:
    Italo:

Could we now go back to talking bout cars, I heard all 599 of the 599 GTO have been sold. 

Should you be interested in a 599GTO (free configuration...) just send me a PN Smiley

Have you got an allocation reserved ? or able to pull a few strings @ Modena ?

Italo:
    MKSGR:
    Italo:

Should you be interested in a 599GTO (free configuration...) just send me a PN 

I find 599 cars to be quite a solid number considering the price and modelcycle of the base car. Still it is a tempting car and, judging by the reviews, as significant as CS or Scuderia. Should I find enough money in my backpocket I´d be glad to take that allocation... Smiley

Italo:
    MKSGR:
    Italo:

I could open the right channel, so to speak Smiley

P.S.: I never considered the GTO for myself as I was not too enthusiastic about my 599 and don't believe that the GTO got rid of the major issues (weight and weight-balance/setup for track use). I know today that I am the typical Porsche GTx lover. I have a strong preference for the precision and robustness and don't like the synthetic feeling of the modern Ferrrai's too much

John H:

With your low post count over seven years, maybe you don't fully appreciate this factor..Smiley

Amazed what you can derive from a simple post count, respect Smiley 

But prefer to focus on the GT2RS and 599GTO debate Smiley

--
    Off enjoying my car...

throt:
    WAY:
    I simply don't understand why Mike is being criticized? He is nothing but friendly, down to earth, and nice to everyone. He is the kind of person that I would have as my friend any day of th week!

Mike has not been criticized from what I have read on here..As Racerx stated (I think), for some its a natural to be curious..If you were face to face some would still ask out of curiosity..

I myself ( if I was Smiley ) would never advertise my wealth and belongings, too many nasty people out there..

I also stated around a year ago that I admired Mike's stamina for so many exotics because if I won euro-millions I think 3 cars would be my max at any given 1 time..

Anyway, enjoy the GT2, Mike. in good health..

PERFECT, Exactly

Spyderidol:

Correct! No criticism just curiosity shown.order.gif

John H:
    TEE:

If I were Mike, this could be the time to say "bye bye Rennteam". Some of you simply dont get it  THIS is all about cars. If anyone wants to share more great, but I find it amazing that some of you simply "care" to much...

That is a gross and unnecessary over-reaction! Smiley

For many of us R/T is not simply a car forum, it's a community of like-minded individuals who share and cross-pollinate with each other on a multitude of topics.  Helping others in areas of expertise, not essentially related to cars, is what makes this board so special.

With your low post count over seven years, maybe you don't fully appreciate this factor..Smiley

Also PERFECT!

Mike has been here a long time and has shared more than cars with us. It is because of some of those discussions that I ask why. Also Mike has always been down to earth and a nice guy, Why shouldn't he be? Some of you act like a little wealth gives you the right to be obnoxious. Give me a break. And like many of us, Mike is very active at other forum(s) that have less decorum than Rennteam.

MIke, I dunno what to say.  I'm absolutely speechless.   (and only very slightly envious)

--

http://www.phrog.co.uk

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

--

MKSGR:
    I know today that I am the typical Porsche GTx lover. I have a strong preference for the precision and robustness and don't like the synthetic feeling of the modern Ferrrai's too much

So the GT2RS is THE perfect car for you...will we have another member with one?

Hope so :)  

--

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” -- George Bernard Shaw

electrao:
    MKSGR:
    I know today that I am the typical Porsche GTx lover. I have a strong preference for the precision and robustness and don't like the synthetic feeling of the modern Ferrrai's too much

The GT2RS is an opportunity that should not be missed Smiley

Will Porsche offer a power-kit upgrade for the standard GT2 in 2011 after they're all sold out ?

I would've ordered the RS if it weren't for the new cayenne that forced me to trade in my lexus immediatley without hesitation

--

BiTurbo:

Will Porsche offer a power-kit upgrade for the standard GT2 in 2011 after they're all sold out ?

that would be great.....

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

MKSGR:
    electrao:
    MKSGR:

so that would bring the number of Gt2RS owners on Rennteam to 3 Smiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Gnil:
    MKSGR:
    electrao:
    MKSGR:

Gnil,

Are you the number 3? Smiley

--

ONUR

11 M3 Coupe AW (On ORDER)

09 Audi TTS Coupe / 07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

pride355:
    Gnil:
    MKSGR:
    electrao:
    MKSGR:

Gnil,

Are you the number 3? Smiley

I wish I would ..but no, I am too much of a chicken Smiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Mike - Marcus; and who is no.3 then ?

--

ONUR

09 Audi TTS Coupe / 07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

There are probably more, but my boyfriend ordered one, AlexGil.  

--

Anne Smile 
    '09 997 Carrera S, GT Silver 
    x '08 Porsche Cayman S Design Edition 1

Anne:

There are probably more, but my boyfriend ordered one, AlexGil.  

SmileySmiley Very nice Anne.

When is the delivery time?

--

ONUR

Production in week 37. Smiley 

--

Anne Smile 

Congrats to you and your BF, Anne

--

RT Moderator - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Rennteam signature photo 2.jpg

Thanks. Smiley

Interesting article:

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/254707/porsche_911_gt2_rs_review.html

"I saw 334kmh on the speedo, and it was still pulling like a mentalist.". 

--

Anne Smile 

Anne:

Production in week 37. Smiley 

Smiley Congrats Anne.

--

ONUR

Woah, this thread exploded John H, don't worry about it - was just a misunderstanding

Nice kissing. Smiley

You guys, it´s not me that have ordered the car, but thanks anyway. Hopefully I will get the pleasure of trying it. Smiley 

--

Anne Smile 

Mike S:

Woah, this thread exploded John H, don't worry about it - was just a misunderstanding

It is fitting to have a explosive thread to such a explosive machine :D

Proper dream machine...maybe in a couple a years I will get my hands in one, I will dream about for sure !

--

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” -- George Bernard Shaw

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688901 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408881 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255606 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234855 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65446 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4638 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857708 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773647 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM