Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Help on opinions on making a switch from C4S PDK to California

ISUK:
    Enmanuel:

IMO dark grey and dark blue are amongst the best color choices for the Cali, they suit the character of the car better than reds, but since you are considering white I'd say go for that. ISUK has a white Cali with black interior that to me is the best looking one I've seen so far. The optional 20" wheels make the whole package look more proportionate specially with the top down, so to me that would definitely be a must.

Overall great choice in going for it, its both practical and sporty. and the sound is great too.

Mine has a cuoio interior Enmanuel Smiley

Oh right ! ..... just looked up the pics, still the best looking Cali ever. but i recall someone having a white Ferrari with black interior and white stitching, is my mind playing games on me or am i right?

White 430 Spider.jpg

This one?

--

Slow In, Fast Out

Enmanuel:

IMO dark grey and dark blue are amongst the best color choices for the Cali, they suit the character of the car better than reds, but since you are considering white I'd say go for that. ISUK has a white Cali with black interior that to me is the best looking one I've seen so far. The optional 20" wheels make the whole package look more proportionate specially with the top down, so to me that would definitely be a must.

Overall great choice in going for it, its both practical and sporty. and the sound is great too.

ISUK, can you kindly post some pix on the BIANCO AVUS on BLACK?

A few good choices to go with BIANCO AVUS:

1. Cuoio Leather (is that the same as tan) with red stitchings, red calipers and red belts and yellow tachy

2. Black Leather (safest) with red stitchings, red (or yellow calipers) and red belts.

3. Black Leather with yellow stitchings, yellow tachy and calipers?

These are avant garde...

but rosso is always always the safest choice on black or tan.

nberry:

Commit to your purchase. Don't look back. Pick the car YOU like. Enjoy the car!

Nick, if I pay up, 2011 Jan prood march delivery but it will be a 3rd year car in a 4 year model... it sucks a bit... cos i m not the first batch to enjoy full 4 years... but then after 3 year's warranty say end of 2013, I can always go back to 991 turbo... which I think will be epic... 991 should come out fall 2011 and latest 2012 for me... yes my c4s pdk is leaving me... so I will be driving an old merc having detox.  I am still  tornbetween sls or cali... but I m test driving the cali but sls' test drive will come later... but at the same price range, the marque is better for a F. It's my first Ferrari but I wonder how significant a change it would be for the M version to come in 2013.

cookie monster:
    Enmanuel:

ISUK has a white Cali with black interior that to me is the best looking one I've seen so far. 

ISUK, can you kindly post some pix on the BIANCO AVUS on BLACK?

I was wrong about that first statement mate, the interior in his car is Cuoio, I got mixed up because someone had a white 430 spyder with black interior and white stitching, i just don't seem to remember who. Smiley  

Here is a bianco avus Cali with nero. I've seen this and it looks a bit stark and dare I say it... too ordinary for a Ferrari. If you want a darker interior with Bianco Avus you could consider chocollato. It looks good with white stitch. My dealer's next demo is due in next week in this combination.

1278616455868Bianco Avus.JPG

Here is Bianco Avus with Chocolatto interior.

Chocolatto 1.JPG

Chocolatto 2.JPG

Here is the same car on a press test drive (it was Ferrari Great Britain's demo car).

ISUK:

Here is Bianco Avus with Chocolatto interior.

Chocolatto 1.JPG

Chocolatto 2.JPG

The chocolatto or cuoio actually look quite stunningly refreshing. I have always been conservative on White on Black with red stitchings... I always have a tendency to stray away from the usual suspect fear that they don't sell in second hand market... but chocolatto with white looks good.

FFaust:

White 430 Spider.jpg

This one?

Is this a special colour? It looks like Pearl White on the Gran Turismo

Isuk?

--

Slow In, Fast Out

FFaust:

White 430 Spider.jpg

This one?

THATS THE ONE !!! whose car was that? thanks FFaust !

That was my 430 spider. It is painted in Maserati's Bianco Fuji metallic white.

Here is a California in Bianco Fuji with a rosso interior. You can be bold on a F car cookie monster, just make sure you pick colours that harmonise not clash. Bianco Fuji is ridiculously expensive on a Ferrari though.

California Bianco Fuji Monaco 1.JPGCalifornia Bianco Fuji Monaco 2.JPG

For somebody who wants a more subtle (understatement) look, white and especially black are the colors to go with. For the true Ferrari look, people should choose the typical Ferrari red.   

It is a pity that Ferrari "stole" the California from Maserati, it would have been a great Maserati for less money. Maybe I would have gone for it... Smiley

The current Grand Cabrio looks and sounds nice but the performance sucks big time.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

ISUK:

There you go thats why i had it all mixed up with the Cali  Smiley

Enmanuel:
    ISUK:

There you go thats why i had it all mixed up with the Cali  Smiley

We'll let you off with that minor mistake Smiley

ISUK:

special colour? So far, how has the California run and your maintenance schedule/costs? Any issue?

My California has been fine thus far apart from a slight gearbox noise which turned out to be a resonance issue with the hydraulic pump. A software reflash changing the pump timings took care of that. I've had no other costs and there is no maintenance due on it until the 12 month point.

I'm a bit late to this thread, but I figure I'll put my two cents in just for good measure.

The switch from C4S to California, imo, is a far more different in price than in car. The cars are no doubt drastically different, but the price even more so. I think it's an odd jump with that respect, but if you can afford it who cares.

Maybe I misread, but was having a convertible mandatory? Was the C4S a cabrio? I know you've ruled out the R8 already, but have you ruled out the R8 Spyder. I love the R8, but think the Spyder is hideous. A lot of others think it's awesome. I've heard a lot of killer reviews about it. In none of the available forms of the R8 is it the fastest car around, but it would run circles around the California in either V10 form, and like I said, the Spyder has been getting much praise.

I'm not sure that I'd say the California is any more practical than the other two seat exotics. Yeah, you get a trunk and a bit of bench room behind the seats, but it's not like the thing is a sedan. If the most you'll ever take is a week long trip, you could easily fit the luggage and such into a Gallardo, R8, or anything with a small shelf behind the seats.

I'd also hesitate with the California due to price. It's mad expensive (it's a Ferrari) and will see a lot of depreciation with not too many miles (especially if it's new!) There are a lot of very good cars out there with a few thousand miles on them with far lower prices. If you're willing to pay MSRP dollars for a new Cali, you could probably find a used 599. You could also get a Gallardo Spyder, LP560/Spyder, R8 V10/Spyder, 599 with a few miles, and the list goes on. You could walk away with many great cars for a lot less money, hell, you'd probably have enough left over to buy most of a 991 too. I even see a 2010 560 Spyder on eBay right now for $199K. Not my favorite colors, but who knows.

Having said that, if it's mandatory to have a convertible then your choices are more limited, but for what you're paying, there are sooooo many choices that I feel best a California in a lot of way -- dare I even say a Bentley SuperSports? And also, so many modern supercars can be DD's and GT's. All the recent cars are not only supercars, but GT's -- albeit with smaller luggage space. Seriously.

I'll give in and say the California is a bit unique and it's grown on me. I even saw a red one a while back as it drove by and thought the rear end didn't look too bad afterall. Still, I don't think it's the best choice, especially if buying new.

agree mad expensive but in my analysis... not much in the same league of my requirements. A marque with rich history, exclusivities, some practicalities, good engine...

I agree though used Lambos over here take 40% hit and most ferraris slightly used (cali, asking list still after 2000 km) stand up well. Ferrari is best when it comes to depreciation.

Audi R8 is a great car but market specific study shows over here in my town, the AUDI R8 2008 used lost 40% when my C4S lost only 20%!

Serious contenders with same price = SLS (which I find displeasing to my eyes with the huge pointed star logo and I had TERRIBLE experiences with Mercedes so I am biased... they are ok with passenger cars... but... sports car?... AMG ok... but personally no). Audi R8 V10 V8 are left but over here, NO ONE buys the V10. They all buy the R8 cos it looks the same and they sold only 10-20 examples of R8 v10. There is no wait so it is a good proposition if I drive it on for 5 years.

California has a wait time of 12 months minimum... for some reason, it is still in demand.

Also going from Porsche, the next natrual step would be to Ferrari... but that's only me but I agree there are many good candidates and I can get a used 599. BUT for this insane amount of money, buying a second hand makes little sense to me... tough choice.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690277 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409611 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255913 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235148 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65628 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858317 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774544 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM