Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Dimitri - where is your 458?

I'm beginning to think that 458 owners cameras are either deliberately broken or stolen when they take delivery of their cars Smiley

My car is currently sitting at status 30 on MODIS which means it's in the paintshop and should complete production in around 3 weeks.

Re: Dimitri - where is your 458?

I wonder the same thing. The first day I would drive it, the second day I would take tons of photos and post them. Seems I'm "ticking" a little bit different. Maybe this is why I can't afford a 458 ?!  

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

ISUK:

I'm beginning to think that 458 owners cameras are either deliberately broken or stolen when they take delivery of their cars Smiley

My car is currently sitting at status 30 on MODIS which means it's in the paintshop and should complete production in around 3 weeks.

Iain, what about 458 owners on Fchat? Same thing as here... I saw only one yellow 458 on Fchat from Sweden.

My guess is that there are two potential reasons for no pics from 458 owners:

-current political/social climate in Europe(ok, Dimitri do not count  here)

-they need some time to get involved with 458 in total depth-after some period they WILL post pics of their cars here on rennteam

I will not hesitate to post pics when mine arrives  In the meantime I should be visiting my dealer to drive his demo a week today so I'll get some pics of that as well. It's a Giallo Tri Strato car.

Maybe the car is so much fun they got lost circling some mountain road. Even if theres no pics i hope they're enjoying the cars 

Frankly, I am not big on pictures. Just a couple will do since we have seen just about all variations of the car. Also, I still have difficulty understanding the hesitancy of posting pictures of yourself in the car.

Privacy doesn't cut it. There are thousands of Rennteam members living throughout the world and your picture is not going affect your privacy. Now if you are embarrassed about your appearance then that is another matter.

--

Nick, privacy matters to some people more than to others. Don't forget that all the public boards (except for the Off Topic Board) are fully searchable by Google. There are Rennteamers that would not want work colleagues, neighbours and ex-spouses to be able to see which cars (and therefore how much money) they have 

--

RT Moderator
    - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Rennteam signature photo 2.jpg

ISUK:

They will be coming in to the USA  fast and furious this June and July. Two of us have VIN's, another has taken  delivery of Nero/Nero in Houston. Mine comes mid July to the East Coast but I am  immediately shipping it West for the summer. Dedicated website being established where you can follow the Stallion as he tames the West !

That may be true but in today's environment anyone can find out just about everything about anyone else.

Ex: I have no idea what your name is but I know enough about you to find not only you, what you look like, your family and your financial condition.Smiley 

It is the world we live in today.Smiley

--

guys!!! my 458 has been siiting in beirut port for a week now!! i am dying !! the good news is i am going tomorrow at 11:30 am to take it out from from the sea port, and i promiss there will be pictures, to compensate for rossi..

--

2010 Ferrari 458 Italia 

2009 Fiat 500 Abarth SS Ferrari 

dhayek:

guys!!! my 458 has been siiting in beirut port for a week now!! i am dying !! the good news is i am going tomorrow at 11:30 am to take it out from from the sea port, and i promiss there will be pictures, to compensate for rossi..

Thats the spirit !!  Smiley

9Eleven:
    ISUK:

They will be coming in to the USA  fast and furious this June and July. Two of us have VIN's, another has taken  delivery of Nero/Nero in Houston. Mine comes mid July to the East Coast but I am  immediately shipping it West for the summer. Dedicated website is established, photos soon on   www.my458italia.us   where you can follow the Stallion as he tames the West !

dhayek:

Smiley Excellent. I thought you were maybe doing a "Stefan" on us Dimitri Smiley

@nberry: sure, if you dig around, you can find out whatever you want about someone - but it does take a little effort, time and (sometimes) cost to do it.

But just because it's possible, that doesn't mean people should just give the personal information away so easily and readily.

Just because a thief could break into my home, that doesn't mean I should leave the doors unlocked and wide open Smiley

--

RT Moderator - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

dhayek:

Good news, Dimitri ! Can't wait to see them. Congrats. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

nberry:

That may be true but in today's environment anyone can find out just about everything about anyone else.

Ex: I have no idea what your name is but I know enough about you to find not only you, what you look like, your family and your financial condition.Smiley 

It is the world we live in today.Smiley

easy_rider911:

@nberry: sure, if you dig around, you can find out whatever you want about someone - but it does take a little effort, time and (sometimes) cost to do it.

But just because it's possible, that doesn't mean people should just give the personal information away so easily and readily.

Just because a thief could break into my home, that doesn't mean I should leave the doors unlocked and wide open Smiley

Short of hiring a private eye (expensive) or some firm that does illegal info mining on the net it would be extremely difficult to do what Nick claims. It's the whole reason for avatars/knicknames.

Take VKSF- WBH for example. What was his real name, Nick? Was he a silicon valley VC like he sounded? What did he look like? (rhetorical - just for arguments sake, I do not want to know, it is none of my business)

Are there any celebs posting here/members here ?

And Privacy concerns also encompass irritation concerns. I was asked for a photo recently and I would post 1 if I had definite assurances that it would never be reposted again by someone else and if reposted here, removed immediately. Some of us are more private than others and also have a lower thresh-hold for BS.

racerx:

Interesting question - I never really thought about that Smiley

In any event, RT takes privacy very seriously - the Moderators and Administrators would not disclose personal data without a court order.

--

RT Moderator - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

stupid burocracy.. delivery delayed until tomorrow morning

--

2010 Ferrari 458 Italia 

2009 Fiat 500 Abarth SS Ferrari 

easy_rider911:
    racerx:

Interesting question - I never really thought about that Smiley

In any event, RT takes privacy very seriously - the Moderators and Administrators would not disclose personal data without a court order.

Yes, there are some VIPs ("celebs" sounds too much like Britney Spears or Kim Kardashian Smiley) members of Rennteam. Smiley Smiley

--

Guy's, you would be amazed as to how fast and how much information can be obtained by a competent investigator. For the most part, our lives are an open book particularly those of us who are in professions. 

--

nberry:

Guy's, you would be amazed as to how fast and how much information can be obtained by a competent investigator. For the most part, our lives are an open book particularly those of us who are in professions. 

True but you would be amazed to learn who is on Rennteam and how well they "camouflaged" their appearance as a user. The registration email tells us a lot of things but of course it remains hidden and nobody has access to it, not even a "competent investigator". Smiley  Smiley

VIPs are car fanatics too. Smiley

--

racerx:

Well, I for one am a celebrity... in my own mind Smiley

Geoff

--

2001 Corolla LE - 0-60: Yes.

2009 Corvette Z06 - 0-60: Ooooh yes.

RC, do we have many       @ferrari.it            amongst us ?

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

RC:

Yes, there are some VIPs ("celebs" sounds too much like Britney Spears or Kim Kardashian Smiley) members of Rennteam. Smiley Smiley

RC:

True but you would be amazed to learn who is on Rennteam and how well they "camouflaged" their appearance as a user. The registration email tells us a lot of things but of course it remains hidden and nobody has access to it, not even a "competent investigator". Smiley  Smiley

VIPs are car fanatics too. Smiley

I did mean celebrity type status - actors, sports megastars - like say off the top of my head - Pierce Brosnan (Vanquish owner) , Nick Cage (all kinds), Jen A. Smiley (bentley) , beckham.............. but when you say VIP that tends to mean in my mind either great wealth or a dept. head at Porsche neither of which would impress me much.

I remember you hinting about Fritz to me when I was having a disagreement with him that he might be a car exec or similar.

Well at least Britney knows which Porsche to drive;SmileySmileySmiley

The coolest car guys in the celeb world are definitely Patrick Dempsey and Eric Bana. Both collectors, both racers. If they're not here yet we should totally try to get them on board 

The car in the pool is a 944...

--
    ALL PORSCHE ARE REAL PORSCHE!!!

Congrats Dimitri!!! Hope you enjoy it :-)

ed_moree:

The car in the pool is a 944...

The car in the pool  IS a 944. The car being driven IS a 928 up until they switch.

She would be crazee if she dunked a 928.Smiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    759300 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    433597 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    259683 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    256818 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80533 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5304 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

870572 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    805511 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM