Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Rennteam's tribute to the Ferrari 458...lots of photos, videos, etc.

Nick,

I'd say Ferrari have woken up to what Porsche have been doing for years - offering an extensive options list that you have to plunder to make the interior befit the car. The difference is Ferrari have taken the cost to another level

Once you see a standard 458 you may be happy with it. I personally am not and think it needs some level of upgrades but that's just MHO. I'll be going for sports seats, contrast stitch, DAAL leather and alcantara along with alcantara carpets. These options really do make the interior feel special.

Kreso,

The 458 currently sitting in the Atelier looks fantastic due to the very special interior.

Koko,

Here is a 458 Daytona seat pic for you. IMHO Daytona is much nicer than either the standard finish seat or the Diamond finish option. The Diamond finish only covers the same area of the backrest as the Daytona section in this pic so the top third of the backrest is left in plain leather. Same rule applies to the base for both options with the front third being plain leather, not Daytona or Diamond patterns.

The only drawback with the sports seats for some smaller drivers is that they are not height adjustable. A dealer can adjust the height of the driver seat only but it involves unbolting, moving then rebolting to the base.

1270137267117Daytona Style seat.jpg

Koko,

Here is a 458 Daytona seat pic for you. IMHO Daytona is much nicer than either the standard finish seat or the Diamond finish option. The Diamond finish only covers the same area of the backrest as the Daytona section in this pic so the top third of the backrest is left in plain leather. Same rule applies to the base for both options with the front third being plain leather, not Daytona or Diamond patterns.

The only drawback with the sports seats for some smaller drivers is that they are not height adjustable. A dealer can adjust the height of the driver seat only but it involves unbolting, moving then rebolting to the base.

1270137267117Daytona Style seat.jpg

Thanks bro Smiley

I think i'll stick with the racing seats.

racing seats are smaller and less confortable, and also don't have full electric system ...

the Daytona seats are the best choice!!

Disagree completely with you Berfes Smiley  YOU may prefer the Daytonas but the racing seats are comfortable and not having unecessary electric motors saves weight. The seat is the same design as the ones fitted in my Scuderia and I've done a few longish trips in them and never been uncomfortable.

The race seats also give more room in the interior as the backrest isn't as deep so you can end up with more luggage space on the rear shelf depending upon the height of the occupants and the position they put their seats in.

They also add a much more purposeful sports car look to the interior IMHO.

The best choice is the one that suits each buyer's own taste Smiley

Lain. fwiw, racing seats are death on resale. Almost as bad as  manual transmission.

--

nberry:

Lain. fwiw, racing seats are death on resale. Almost as bad as  manual transmission.

I think it depends on the market where you try to sell your car.

--

ONUR

09 Audi TTS Ibis

07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

Racing seats are a positive advantage on resale here Nick. I can only assume it's an issue in the US as some buyers struggle to fit them? The race seats in the 458 are much, much better than the hard, uncomfortable items fitted to the 360/430.

ISUK:

Racing seats are a positive advantage on resale here Nick. I can only assume it's an issue in the US as some buyers struggle to fit them? The race seats in the 458 are much, much better than the hard, uncomfortable items fitted to the 360/430.

Same hereSmiley

nberry:

rigth!!    Smiley    Smiley

berfes:
    nberry:

rigth!!    Smiley    Smiley

Nick, in view of Berfes' emphatic agreement with it, do you want to think again about the opinion you expressed?  Smiley

--

fritz

Grigio Silverstone with dual colour leather interior.

Silverstone dual colour interior.JPG

ISUK is this the same color of the wheels? Your it seems darker....  Smiley

Anyway the best choice is this dark grey wheels with red callipers. . . 

cerchio.JPG

Smiley SmileySmiley

Seriously, unless the racing seats have substantially improved in comfort, they are a serious negative on resale. Yes, they look good but certainly do not feel good. Also, unless you plan to track the car, what would be the rational spending over $5000 for them?Smiley

--

nberry:

Smiley SmileySmiley

Seriously, unless the racing seats have substantially improved in comfort, they are a serious negative on resale. Yes, they look good but certainly do not feel good. Also, unless you plan to track the car, what would be the rational spending over $5000 for them?Smiley

Maybe they spend $5000 just to say: "Yes, I have the racing seats!"     Smiley   Smiley    

--

http://i28.tinypic.com/166k5zo.png

nberry:

seriously, unless the racing seats have substantially improved in comfort, they are a serious negative on resale.

you have been saying that for as long as we can remember.

thanks lain for the clarifications! im happy i rechanged my wheels last minute to sport wheels, i added alcantara carpets, racing seat and doors leather alcantara with yellow stitching . i added the leds and the central bridge in CF , didnt add all the rest, it was just too much money..

did you see any car fitted with the jbl pro sound system? of the lifting system?

--

2010 Ferrari 458 Italia (April)

2009 nissan GTR

2007 BMW M5

dhayek:

thanks lain for the clarifications! im happy i rechanged my wheels last minute to sport wheels,

Niiiicccceeee Smiley

Dimitri,

I asked about both the JBL and the lift system but the Atelier guy couldn't find any on the line or in the despatch area fitted with either option. I did see a few Giallo Modena cars going down the line and wondered if one of them might be yours. Wise choice on the changes The racing seats, alcantara inserts and alcantara carpet make a huge difference and give the car a much more high quality feel IMHO. You'll love your car.

Nick,

The new sports seats are comfy. The old style had little padding and the high shoulder wings tended to restrict movement but the new design is vastly superior. Try out a Scuderia and you'll see what I mean.  Why get them? Here are four reasons off the top of my head Smiley

1. It's a sports car not a tourer so the seats look far better IMHO and more suited to the type of car.

2. They are more supportive in fast cornering.

3. If you add the electric and Daytona or Diamond stitch options to the regular seats the cost is almost equal to the race seats

4. The sports seats are quite a bit lighter than the standard seats especially if you take standard plus electric adjustment.

Berfes,

The wheel picture you posted is the Diamond finish option which I don't believe is available as there is no price for it. I think the supplier may be having production issues with this wheel finish hence why it's not currently on the options list. I've attached a pdf of the wheel choices currently available.

RIMS 458 ITALIA.pdf

Btw, is there option for personalized nameplate for inside the interior ?

shin:

Btw, is there option for personalized nameplate for inside the interior ?

It doesn't appear on the options price list and I've not seen it in any of the Product Communications info either,

ISUK:

Berfes,

The wheel picture you posted is the Diamond finish option which I don't believe is available as there is no price for it. I think the supplier may be having production issues with this wheel finish hence why it's not currently on the options list. I've attached a pdf of the wheel choices currently available.

RIMS 458 ITALIA.pdf

I've seen the diamond wheel option on a price list, price was something like 6.500 Euro, if I remember correctly. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

BiTurbo:

First thing you will miss at this car is the front license plate. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:

I've seen the diamond wheel option on a price list, price was something like 6.500 Euro, if I remember correctly. Smiley

I've got a price list from the Atelier Stefan and the diamond finish wheels don't appear on it Smiley

Lain, I agree that if they are more comfortable the seats can be easily justified.I like the way they look and do give the car the enhance racing feel.  FWIW, I did a lot of driving in the 360 Scud and after a half hour my back and neck were stiff.Smiley

However, the inability to adjust them to modern comfort standards can be an issue.

--

ISUK:

Dimitri,

I asked about both the JBL and the lift system but the Atelier guy couldn't find any on the line or in the despatch area fitted with either option. I did see a few Giallo Modena cars going down the line and wondered if one of them might be yours. Wise choice on the changes The racing seats, alcantara inserts and alcantara carpet make a huge difference and give the car a much more high quality feel IMHO. You'll love your car.

Nick,

The new sports seats are comfy. The old style had little padding and the high shoulder wings tended to restrict movement but the new design is vastly superior. Try out a Scuderia and you'll see what I mean.  Why get them? Here are four reasons off the top of my head Smiley

1. It's a sports car not a tourer so the seats look far better IMHO and more suited to the type of car.

3. If you add the electric and Daytona or Diamond stitch options to the regular seats the cost is almost equal to the race seats

4. The sports seats are quite a bit lighter than the standard seats especially if you take standard plus electric adjustment.

Berfes,

RIMS 458 ITALIA.pdf

Lain, i kept the JBL but i knew that lifting system will delay the car bcoz of a problem with the supplier, so i canceled it. my car is 20 percent .. it might be one of those you saw Smiley. the last month b4 delivery passes so sloooowly

--

2010 Ferrari 458 Italia (April)

2009 nissan GTR

2007 BMW M5

ISUK, since u saw many 458s in the flesh, can you please tell me what's the nicest and worst color??

It's all personal taste koko so hard to tell you. For me the worst was Grigio Medio which I saw driving around the factory

1270317119341Grigio Medio rear.JPG

I saw a matte black car and this really did look terrible. I've no idea how you would look after it as it was covered in handprints from the assembly line workers.

I thought Grigio Silverstone looked wrong on this car. It looks a little underwhelming and uninteresting in it. Great for a 599 but not a 458. It was the Atelier guy who actually said this before I mentioned the colour. Bianco Fuji didn't look so great on it either IMHO.

Rosso Corsa looks great as does Giallo Triplo Strato. Rosso Scuderia looks good as well and Giallo Modena suits it. Bianco Avus looked a bit flat on it as the car is quite curvy and Avus doesn't have much depth. Avus suits a more angular shape like the California IMHO. Nero Daytona looks stealthy but you lose a lot of the interesting design features and surface tension with this choice. I really went to the factory expecting to order Nero Daytona but after seeing it decided I won't.

I saw one car in production in Rosso Fuoco but didn't think it looked great.There are other metallic reds that are not too far off Fuoco that cost half as much. My issue with the metallic red is that it doesn't look better than Rosso Corsa which has real depth. There was also one car in Bianco Avus with the dual colour roof in gloss black but it was at the very early stages of the line so had no doors, glass, interior, bonnet or wheels on it so it was difficult to say how good it may end up looking.

I'll go with either Rosso Corsa with all the c/f interior options or Giallo Triplo Strato with standard interior trim and special order aluminium steering wheel with LED's. Got to confirm my order first thing Tuesday.

ISUK:

Berfes,

RIMS 458 ITALIA.pdf

ISUK, the colors of the wheels you posted are correct, thank you!! Smiley

so in your opinion which is the color of the wheels in this pics?? Smiley458 DEFINITIVA!!.JPG

ISUK:

Dimitri,

Nick,

Berfes,

RIMS 458 ITALIA.pdf

Ditto. It's a FERRARI!  IMO Besides the added benefit of holding you in place better racing seats complete the look of a Ferrari interior which should look serious, performance oriented like a racecar, not look like cushy seats in a 4 door sedan. Does Lambo have cushy sedan type seats? The standard Lambo seats are more hard core than Ferrari's race seats. 

Love the look & feel of the race seats in my F430, it's personal preference but they're actually more comfortable than the cushy, highly adjustable adaptive sport seats in my Turbo. I've been in the car sometimes all day & have no problems with comfort.  Think the comments about not being comfortable come more from expecting they'd be less comfortable & not really from a whole day of driving in the RIGHT SIZE Sport seats..  And in my case with one of the only car's to have dual color leather & sports seats they've actually ADDED to resale.

--

08 PORSCHE Turbo Cabriolet - 06 Ferrari F430 - 04 Durango HEMI - 04 Harley Davidson Screamin Eagle - 93 Harley Davidson Nostalgia

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    783340 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    443181 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263594 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    262164 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    86224 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6068 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881908 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    820862 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM