Crown

Categoría: BMW M Idioma: English Región: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Finally...my X5 M is on the ship...or not ?

You are funny Christian Smiley.

--
    Happy Driving

RC:

Well, let's hope for the best. Smiley

Have you found out something about that video unlock for the navi system ?

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M (on the ship), BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Not yet. I'll try to check it out while exchanging the wheels from winter to summer.
    This is scheduled for the mid April.

--
    Kind regards, Conny 

Porsche 997 Turbo * Porsche Cayenne GTS * BMW X5M

That feeling of excitement is great!  Saddens me when someone buys a new car and isn't excited about it. 

I'm excited about ANY car I buy, I'm like a little kid waiting to get a new toy. The enthusiasm often wears off fast (for example regarding the Mini Cooper S) but in the beginning, the excitement is really thrilling.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M (on the ship), BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

That would be a good excuse to cancel the order and get a CT II instead. The better choice anyway. CT II reputation will change positively as well. Smiley 

RC:

I'm excited about ANY car I buy, I'm like a little kid waiting to get a new toy. The enthusiasm often wears off fast (for example regarding the Mini Cooper S) but in the beginning, the excitement is really thrilling.

I loved my Cooper S when I had it (less than a year).  The only thing that I hated was the build quality.  My car spent more time in the dealers than it did at home.  But that is what happens when you buy one of the very first cars built by an English company! Smiley

irehab:

That would be a good excuse to cancel the order and get a CT II instead. The better choice anyway. CT II reputation will change positively as well. Smiley 

The new Cayenne Turbo is almost one second slower from 0-200 kph than the X5 M.

Performance counts for me a LOT, keep in mind that we have many streets without a speed limit over here. Smiley

The price difference of 35000 EUR for a similar optioned car is also HUGE, nothing anybody can ignore.

Then, there is the lease cost, the Cayenne Turbo would be DOUBLE the monthly rate I pay now for the X5 M.

Sorry but I'm definitely sticking with the X5 M.

I give Porsche another chance next year with the 991 and maybe in three years with the Cayenne Turbo S.

The reputation in Germany can't change from an expensive "for rich soccer moms only" family SUV to the same level the X5 perception is right now in Germany. It will take YEARS and I doubt it is ever going to happen.

--

RC:
     keep in mind that we have many streets without a speed limit over here. Smiley

Yeah keep rubbing it in! SmileySmileySmiley

This is what drivers see, when they enter Germany. 

vkz1.jpg

City = 50 kph

Country roads = 100 kph

Autobahn = 130 kph recommended 

What do you mean by "rubbing it in" ??? 

--

I have driven on autobahn myself several times, especially between Munich and Regensgurg, so I've had the privilege.  How I wish my country has that system!!!!!!!!!

WAY:

I have driven on autobahn myself several times, especially between Munich and Regensgurg, so I've had the privilege.  How I wish my country has that system!!!!!!!!!

Ah, yes, the A93 is nice. All those fast, sweeping curves, little traffic and no speed limit. Then again, in a way you are lucky down under. Your save money on gasolineSmiley.

RC:

This is what drivers see, when they enter Germany. 

vkz1.jpg

City = 50 kph

Country roads = 100 kph

Autobahn = 130 kph recommended 

What do you mean by "rubbing it in" ??? 

something like torture me more I love it  Smiley

--
    Oversteer is when the passengers are scared, Understeer is when the driver is scared.

WAY:
    RC:
     keep in mind that we have many streets without a speed limit over here. Smiley

Yeah keep rubbing it in! SmileySmileySmiley

Smiley this is funny and sad all at the same time SmileySmiley

RC:

Ironically enough, the cheapest car's i've bought have also been the most exicting. I dunno whether it's to do with being a poor student and knowing crashing it won't kill me, or if its simply the surpise of fun vs. investment.

It is really great to see guy's and gals excited about their new cars. Especially an ordered and personalized car upon arrival is really something special and memorable.

Sorry for the pic pollution but your comment brought up my happy memory of this $800 purchase last summer. Sadly I parted her after the fun.

7019_585465401706_122504729_34950881_1401419_n.jpg

22260_591151671376_122504729_35193029_5202639_n.jpg

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 
    2005 Ford Focus S, 5spd 2.0L 136 hp (120lb-ft) CD silver on grey (sold)
    1986 Porsche 944, 5spd 2.5L 150 hp (168lb-ft) champagne gold on grown leather. (sold)

PS I cannot wait for your excitement when you get it!! Good luck with the shipping and the wait RC.

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 
    2005 Ford Focus S, 5spd 2.0L 136 hp (120lb-ft) CD silver on grey (sold)
    1986 Porsche 944, 5spd 2.5L 150 hp (168lb-ft) champagne gold on grown leather. (sold)

Looking forward to many pics,, enjoy.....

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

Thanks, guys. You can count on many many photos and a detailled driving report.

Here's a ship tracking update, the ship isn't far away anymore from it's destination, Bremerhaven.

1269077359501track.png

--

Crash:
    WAY:

Ah, yes, the A93 is nice. All those fast, sweeping curves, little traffic and no speed limit. Then again, in a way you are lucky down under. Your save money on gasolineSmiley.

Yeah, I love those fast sweeping curves!  The last time I was there about 2 years ago, I rented a S350, and one night in pouring rain, I was going almost 200kmh around one such sweeping curve, and was overtaken by a little Ford hatchback!  I couldn't really tell what it was as it was dark and rainy and visibility wasn't great, but I swore it looked like a little Fiesta!  Someone must have dropped a Focus RS engine in there or something.

WAY:
    Crash:
    WAY:

Yeah, I love those fast sweeping curves!  The last time I was there about 2 years ago, I rented a S350, and one night in pouring rain, I was going almost 200kmh around one such sweeping curve, and was overtaken by a little Ford hatchback!  I couldn't really tell what it was as it was dark and rainy and visibility wasn't great, but I swore it looked like a little Fiesta!  Someone must have dropped a Focus RS engine in there or something.

Yeah, I used to love pulling such stunts on BMW 5 series drivers on that stretchSmiley.

The Fiesta you encountered could possibly have been the ST model - 150 PS and a top speed of close to 210 km/h.

Today, March 22nd 2010 at 09:49 am,  my X5 M arrived at Bremerhaven Port in Germany.

No icebergs or storms...sorry guys.

With a little luck, I may even see my car before I leave for our easter vacation.

Finally...let's just hope that it doesn't fall from the transport truck.

--

RC:

Today, March 22nd 2010 at 09:49 am,  my X5 M arrived at Bremerhaven Port in Germany.

With a little luck, I may even see my car before I leave for our easter vacation.

Congrats RC Smiley.  I can't believe how quickly it arrived to Germany.  It would be great if you pick it up before you leave so we can see some pictures Smiley.

--
    Happy Driving

Thanks, Ron. I hope to take a picture or two before I leave but I'm not sure how long the transport from Bremerhaven to the dealer will take. The weather over here in Germany has improved substantially, we have 18°C (65°F) on Thursday, no more snow. So it shouldn't take long until the car arrives but it has to pass customs first, so maybe I'm not going to see it before I return.

Anyways...April 9th is pickup date and trust me, you're going to be fed up with the many photos I'm going to post.  

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M (April 9th, 2010), BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Make sure nobody test drives it while you are out Smiley

--
    Happy Driving

Ron (Houston):

Make sure nobody test drives it while you are out Smiley

No chance. I already told my sales person and the car will be registered with my license plates and insurance the moment they get it. Most new BMW in my dealer's show room have 6-8 km on them, some even less. So I know exactly when somebody wants to have some fun.

I can't prevent however the short "control" drive, they need to drive it for short distance to make sure everything is OK before they hand me the car over.

The most interesting part is actually: I ordered that brown interior without ever seeing it. So I'm kind of excited how it looks because if I don't like it, there is really nothing I can do about it. Smiley 

Surprise, surprise... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M (April 9th, 2010), BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Great news RC, I'm starting to notice a lot of X6M down here on the streets but still haven't had a good look at the X5M. So as many pics as possible is great by me 

best of luck !

i know the feeling of 'just wanting to see it ' very well as most my cars were ordered unseen and untested and you just want to make sure all is as expected or better

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

RC:

Happy the boat is arrived at the port!Smiley

Now finger crossed till the car is at the dealer,and then make tons of pics!Smiley

--
    997 TT, what a car/che'mmmmmaghena!!!

RC:

No chance. I already told my sales person and the car will be registered with my license plates and insurance the moment they get it. Most new BMW in my dealer's show room have 6-8 km on them, some even less. So I know exactly when somebody wants to have some fun.

I can't prevent however the short "control" drive, they need to drive it for short distance to make sure everything is OK before they hand me the car over.

The most interesting part is actually: I ordered that brown interior without ever seeing it. So I'm kind of excited how it looks because if I don't like it, there is really nothing I can do about it. Smiley 

...don't worry about the delivery date. I can pick the car and do the break in and of course some pics 'll send you to your resort. After your return the car will be ready to install the M-drivers package....Smiley

Smiley

--
    Kind regards, Conny 

Porsche 997 Turbo * Porsche Cayenne GTS * BMW X5M

Conny997:
    RC:

...don't worry about the delivery date. I can pick the car and do the break in and of course some pics 'll send you to your resort. After your return the car will be ready to install the M-drivers package....Smiley

Smiley

Let me know if you do, I will pop across and have a go too....Smiley

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

I guess I take the plunge and suffer, doing the run-in myself.

Btw: I also asked my dealer to exchange the original chrome front grill with the black one (available from BMW as a special order item). Looks much better on a black car in my opinion.

x5msf.jpg

x5mp5f.jpg

--

Edit

Forum

Categoría Titulo Last post Valoración Visitas Respuestas
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 15/05/24 8:44
    art.italy
    804408 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 7/04/24 11:48
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448869 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 12/03/24 8:28
    DJM48
    266560 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 30/01/24 9:18
    RCA
    90244 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 15/03/24 13:23
    CGX car nut
    6860 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 1/02/24 19:01
    Pilot

886291 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 23/07/23 19:01
    Grant
    834876 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 21/04/24 11:50
    mcdelaug
    400294 1454
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 10/02/24 16:43
    nberry
    396336 1526
    Otros Tesla 2 the new thread 13/12/23 14:48
    CGX car nut
    383637 2401
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 3/07/23 12:30
    Porker
    371171 797
    Porsche Red Nipples 991.2 GT3 Touring on tour 12/05/24 18:23
    blueflame
    293767 669
    Porsche Collected my 997 GTS today 19/10/23 19:06
    CGX car nut

266282 812
    Lambo Huracán EVO STO 30/07/23 18:59
    mcdelaug
    244231 346
    Lotus Lotus Emira 25/06/23 14:53
    Enmanuel
    238753 101
    Otros Corvette C8 16/10/23 15:24
    Enmanuel
    222524 488
    Otros Gordon Murray - T.50 22/11/23 10:27
    mcdelaug
    173279 387
    Porsche Back to basics - 996 GT3 RS 11/06/23 17:13
    CGX car nut
    145061 144
    BMW M 2024 BMW M3 CS Official Now 29/12/23 9:04
    RCA
    121307 303
    Motorsp. 2023 Formula One 19/12/23 5:38
    WhoopsyM
    112068 685
    Porsche 2022 992 Safari Model 7/03/24 16:22
    WhoopsyM
    85817 239
    AMG Mercedes-Benz W124 500E aka Porsche typ 2758 23/02/24 22:03
    blueflame
    76039 297
    Porsche 992 GT3 RS 3/03/24 19:22
    WhoopsyM
    55067 314
    Motorsp. Porsche 963 16/05/24 23:43
    mcdelaug
    26737 248
    Ferrari Ferrari 296 GTB (830PS, Hybrid V6) 21/01/24 16:29
    GT-Boy
    21846 103
    BMW M 2022 BMW M5 CS 8/04/24 13:43
    Ferdie
    20372 140
    AMG G63 sold out 15/09/23 19:38
    Nico997
    17207 120
    AMG [2022] Mercedes-AMG SL 23/04/24 13:24
    RCA
    14627 225
    Motorsp. 24-Hour race Nürburgring 2018 25/05/23 22:42
    Grant
    11643 55
    Porsche Porsche Mission X Hypercar 3/12/23 8:52
    996FourEss
    11208 63
    123 elementos encontrados, mostrando 1 de 30.