Crown

Board: BMW M Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: X5M/X6M - what the heck...

X5m is surely a great product but cayenne 2 is soon to be unveiled and I'm pretty confident will be still the best-fastest sporty suv

--
    Dedi La vita è troppo corta per non guidare italiano.....

andrea:

X5m is surely a great product but cayenne 2 is soon to be unveiled and I'm pretty confident will be still the best-fastest sporty suv

I fully agree. Still: the issues (bad public perception/reputation, etc.) won't be gone with the next generation. I'm sorry for Porsche but the X6 M with my favorite options is around 105000 EUR after rebate. The new Cayenne Turbo is rumored to have 540-560 HP and around 50-70 kg less weight compared to the current generation, so the performance should be slightly better than the one of the X6 M. Not bad at all but at a premium of 20000 EUR, I still prefer the X6 M, especially since this is a car which attracts less attention over here.

I still try to keep one Porsche in the family in the future but the times of three Porsche are definetely gone. Less money, more work, rising envy...not the best circumstances for owning three Porsche. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Honestly RC, I have an Audi RS6 Sedan and cannot be happier.  I've tested the car in extreme heat and also in rainy weather and can't stress the quality of the quattro systems safety.  Even in the extreme heat I ran away from a 996 TT slightly tuned and my car is stock.  The only problem honestly is the fuel consumption as I think the tank is a bit small for a fuel thirsty motor.  I would be happy to share any specific question.  My only question now is what tuner to use to upgrade my car?

RC:
    andrea:

I fully agree. Still: the issues (bad public perception/reputation, etc.) won't be gone with the next generation. I'm sorry for Porsche but the X6 M with my favorite options is around 105000 EUR after rebate. The new Cayenne Turbo is rumored to have 540-560 HP and around 50-70 kg less weight compared to the current generation, so the performance should be slightly better than the one of the X6 M. Not bad at all but at a premium of 20000 EUR, I still prefer the X6 M, especially since this is a car which attracts less attention over here.

I still try to keep one Porsche in the family in the future but the times of three Porsche are definetely gone. Less money, more work, rising envy...not the best circumstances for owning three Porsche. Smiley

yes,for what you wrote about german people envy x6m is a better choice

--

I got some new information on the X6 M seat occupancy. It is possible, at least over here in Germany, to order the regular X5 three rear seats unit for the X6, incl. the X6 M through BMW Individual. It costs a couple of EUR extra but it works and it is streetlegal.

My wife will be very pleased...

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

RC:

This usually happens when a software update is implemented. Maybe we should turn the forums off when we do that. Smiley

Btw: what internet browser are you using? Older browsers may not be fully compatible with Rennteam 2.0 since Rennteam 2.0 has been optimized as a Web 2.0 application.

Firefox 3.5.5 o Snow Leopard. But when it crashed out 2 times in a row I switch to Safari and it crash me out 1 more time.

Anyway, X6M with bench seat? sign me up.

RC:

I got some new information on the X6 M seat occupancy. It is possible, at least over here in Germany, to order the regular X5 three rear seats unit for the X6, incl. the X6 M through BMW Individual. It costs a couple of EUR extra but it works and it is streetlegal.

great news!

--

RC:

i guess that seals the deal for you then......go for it. you will not look back to the cayenne. i am not saying it's better or anything. it's just fresh and looks really good. cayenne 2 will be just another suv in the looks department.

and the price difference is massive too. i was able to get a 12% discount on the order of my x6m.

as mentioned before it already arrived in germany (i guess for quality control) speed will be delimited and should be shipped my way within the next 7-10 days.

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

intouch1:

i guess that seals the deal for you then......go for it. you will not look back to the cayenne.

I think the same! Once you are on a BMW with all its electronic integration, its hard to come back to a Porsche where they are on the same electronic level as BMW at the Millenium

i think that the electronics on the bme are too much actually.

i got a cel light on my car. as it drove normally, i was sure all is right. i tried to disconnect the battery to clear the cel from the ecu. well, upon reconnecting, i still had the cel light + airbags and seatbelts lights...and we are still 3 weeks away from christmas

had to ship the car to the dealer who is located 600kms away just for him to plug a reader in and reset everything.

cel was due to running the tank almost empty and all is fine with the car.

there are also about 10 cables that run to the battery. never seen anything like it before.

nevertheless, very happy with the car and with idrive.....light years ahead of pcm.

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

I love electronic gizmos too, the more, the better, especially on the family car. My wife, of course, hates this stuff but since she started to use a Blackberry for the first time in her life a couple of days ago (keep in mind that she's a doctor and a good one too), she got hooked with gizmos and seems to want more. When I told her that she can use the X6 M navigation to surf the internet, she was very excited about it.

Still not sure though that the deal with my dealer will go through, the M3 lease is a problem, BMW doesn't want to easily "release" us from the lease and the dealer is too anxious to buy the car out of the lease, meaning that I would need to do that, risking a HUGE financial loss.

I can't afford paying an extra 10000 EUR just to get a new car, the loss on the Cayenne Turbo S will be high enough (dealer offered 30000 EUR, which of course is unacceptable, so I need to re-negotiate). The good thing about it is: I'm not under pressure right now, we have enough cars in our garage, so we don't need to hurry. I would like the deal to go through by end of this year because after that I need to pay another 1200 EUR or so to renew the used car warranty for the Cayenne and the 60000 km service is also due sometimes next year.

So while I'm thrilled that I might get us a BMW X6 M, I'm still not sure it will happen the way I've planned. I'm not willing to give our Cayenne Turbo S to the dealer for "free" and I'm also not willing to pay a huge premium to release the M3 from the lease. If it doesn't work out as planned, I'm going to wait til 2011 when my 997 Turbo lease runs out. Then, I have more options to choose a new car and my wife's M3 lease runs out in 30 months too.

The X6 M is really a bargain compared to the Cayenne Turbo S and I really like it but the "must have" factor isn't as big as with other cars I really wanted in life, so I can pass on this deal and wait for a better one. Still...it would be great if it works out for me. 

--

This one has gizmo's too and room for the kids and the household staff

(Not political in any way, I saw a thread today on another forum where a russian billionaire bought this peice of history for $8 Mil.)

Watch the very end of the vid!

Can't believe my eyes, Clarkson driving Hitlers limo

I'm not too much into oldtimers but the videos were really fun.

However...I wouldn't want to drive Mussolinis or even Hitler's car. 

--

RC:

This usually happens when a software update is implemented. Maybe we should turn the forums off when we do that. Smiley

Btw: what internet browser are you using? Older browsers may not be fully compatible with Rennteam 2.0 since Rennteam 2.0 has been optimized as a Web 2.0 application.

Has been something changed on Rennteam in last days ? Because I can't read forums on my mobile phone anymore... For example when I try to open BMW M forum, it opens "media."

Shakal:
    RC:

Has been something changed on Rennteam in last days ? Because I can't read forums on my mobile phone anymore... For example when I try to open BMW M forum, it opens "media."

No update recently, what phone are you using?

Eunice:
    Shakal:
    RC:

No update recently, what phone are you using?

Eunice, I tried before and it works. Maybe in last days when I was unable to read forums on mobile phone I had bad 3G signal and I was connected via GSM and because of slow data transfer page wasn't loaded properly...

Works perfect on my iPhone 3GS, fast, easy...

from the last top gear tv show

It lost to the M3 csl's time of only 0.2 seconds and was even with the Porsche 911 S, and was faster than the Evo X, and all this and the X5 M did it the wet

Gumpert Apollo 1.17.1
    Ascari A10 1.17.3
    Koenigsegg CCX (with Top Gear spoiler) 1.17.6
    Pagani Zonda F Roadster 1.17.8
    Caterham R500 1.17.9
    Bugatti Veyron 1.18.3
    Pagani Zonda F 1.18.4
    Maserati MC12 1.18.9
    Ferrari Enzo 1.19.0
    Lamborghini LP670 SV 1.19.0
    Ariel Atom 1.19.5
    Lamborghini LP560 1.19.5
    Ferrari Scuderia 1.19.7
    Nissan GT-R 1.19.7
    Lamborghini LP640 1.19.8
    Porsche Carerra GT 1.19.8
    Koenigsegg CCX 1.20.4
    Corvette ZR1 1.20.4
    Ascari KZ1 1.20.7
    Mercedes McLaren SLR 1.20.9
    Ferrari 599GTB 1.21.2
    Audi R8 V10 1.21.6
    Ford GT 1.21.9
    Ferrari 360 CS 1.22.3
    Porsche GT3 RS 1.22.3
    Corvette Z06 1.22.4
    Noble M15 1.22.5
    Mercedes SL Black 1.23.0
    Murcielago 1.23.7
    Zonda 1.23.8
    Koenigsegg 1.23.9
    Aston Martin DBS 1.23.93
    Veritas RS III 1.24.2
    Prodrive P2 1.24.3
    Audi R8 1.24.4
    TVR Sagaris 1.24.6
    Mitsubishi Evo FQ400 1.24.8
    TVR Tuscan 1.24.8
    Noble M400 1.25.0
    Lotus Exige S 1.25.1
    BMW M3 Saloon 1.25.3
    Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder 1.25.7
    Lotus Evora 1.25.7
    Lamborghini Gallardo 1.25.8
    BMW Z4 M 1.26.0
    Porsche Cayman 1.26.2
    Porsche 911 Carrera 2S 1.26.2
    Brabus Biturbo Roadster 1.26.2
    BMW M5 1.26.2
    VXR Bathurst 1.26.3
    Lotus Exige 1.26.4
    Jaguar XFR 1.26.7
    Chevrolet Corvette 1.26.8
    Lexus IS-F 1.26.8
    Mercedes CLS 55 AMG 1.26.9
    Aston Martin Vanquish S 1.27.1
    Aston Martin DB9 1.27.1
    Holden Maloo 1.27.1
    Telsa Roadster 1.27.2
    Porsche 911 GT3 1.27.2
    TVR 350C 1.27.5
    Nissan 370Z 1.27.5
    BMW M3 CSL 1.28.0
    Roush Mustang 1.28.0
    Renault Megane R26R 1.28.1
    BMW Z4 1.28.2
    Marcos TSO GT2 1.28.2
    Subaru WRX Sti 1.28.2
    BMW X5M 1.28.2
    Mitsubishi Evo X 1.28.22
    Dodge Viper SRT-10 1.28.5
    MG SV 1.28.6
    Porsche 911 Carrera S 1.28.9
    Mitsubishi Evo VIII 1.28.9
    BMW Alpina Z8 1.29.0
    Mercedes CL65 1.29.0
    Ford Focus RS 1.29.3
    VW Golf W12 1.29.6
    Alfa 3.7 GTA Autodelta 1.30.0
    Ford Shelby GT500 1.30.0
    Subaru Impreza STI 1.30.1
    Vauxhall Monaro VXR 1.30.1
    Aston Martin DB7 GT 1.30.4
    Golf R32 1.30.4
    Audi S4 1.30.9
    Porsche 911 Turbo 1.31.0
    BMW 760Li 1.31.2
    Vauxhall VX220 turbo 1.31.3
    Vauxhall VXR8 1.31.3
    New Audi TT 1.31.4
    Honda NSX Type R 1.31.6
    BMW M3 1.31.8
    Nissan 350Z 1.31.8
    Mazda RX-8 1.31.8
    BMW 535d 1.31.8
    BMW 130 1.31.9
    Mercedes S63 AMG 1.32.0
    Ford Focus RS 1.32.2
    Mazda 6 MPS 1.32.2
    Lotus Esprit V8 1.32.5
    Audi TT V6 1.32.7
    MG ZT 1.33.0
    Noble M12 GTO 1.33.1
    Mercedes SL 55 AMG 1.33.2
    Volkswagen Golf R32 1.33.2
    Audi Q7 V12 TDI 1.33.2
    Cadillac CTS 1.33.3
    Honda Civic Type-R 1.33.5
    Holden Monaro 1.33.9
    Ford Mondeo ST220 1.34.5
    Jaguar XKR 1.34.7
    Ford Focus ST 1.34.9
    Volvo S60R 1.35.0
    Ferrari 575M 1.35.2
    Vauxhall Vectra VXR 1.35.3
    Our Car 1.35.4
    Fiat 500 Abarth 1.35.5
    Alfa 147 GTA 1.35.6
    Lotus Elise 1.35.6
    Aston Martin Vanquish 1.36.2
    Renault Clio V6 1.36.2
    Honda Civic Type R 1.36.5
    Alfa Romeo Brera 1.36.9
    Saab 95 Aero 1.37.9
    Maserati 3200 GT 1.38.0
    Alfa Romeo 8C 1.38.2
    Bowler Wildcat 1.39.4
    Bentley Arnarge 1.40.8
    Overfinch Range Rover 1.44.0
    Aston Martin DB5 1.46.0
    Hawk HF 3000 1.48.2

I add also this made in NL review

http://www.abhd.nl/video/bmw-x6m/

--

Pretty impressive in the wet...

But the 1.28.9  from the 911 Carrera S could be for the 993. Smiley

Blueflame

blueflame:

That was the 997 Carrera S, albeit in the wet as well (link). Smiley

On dry track the 997S will be a lot quicker than the X5M. 4WD cars are flattered immensely by damp conditions.

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

Ferdie:
    blueflame:

Thanks for the info and the link  - the "wet" from the 997 was much more extremer.Smiley

I hate suvs but, I am still very impressed by the fat BMW.

Blueflame Smiley

Ferdie:
    blueflame:

thanks for this additional info ;)

--

REALZEUS:

On dry track the 997S will be a lot quicker than the X5M. 4WD cars are flattered immensely by damp conditions.

Why would someone believe something different?

I would have NEVER bought a Cayenne without having kids, it just doesn't make sense.

The Cayenne is a nice ADDITION to a 911 or any other sportscar but it can't replace it.

Actually no limousine or SUV can replace a real sportscar like the 911, I tried them all, never have been fully satisfied with the results.

There is no substitute...unfortunately it makes me VERY sad to realize this, especially since I may not get another chance after my current 997 Turbo to drive and especially own such a high performance sportscar ever again. Sad for somebody like me but I need to face reality (family, kids, job, time, money).

Right now I'm torn between a BMW X6 M and a Mercedes C63 AMG Performance/Driver's Package as a family car. The X6 M is better for the family, the C63 better for me. Smiley

--

X6 M looks really nice compared to the pedestrian C-Class, I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing for you though :) Personally I would go for the X6 M, especially after you said it's possible to order it with the bench seat at the back, no question.

REALZEUS:

Which is why 4wd works real well in real life condition, where weather will not be perfectly dry, road will not be perfectly smooth. Traction advantage over 2wd is the main selling point for 4wd car. It's also why Ferrari sucks so bad in wet weather.

RC: 

Get the X6M :) As a BMW, it has less 'snob' than a MB.

Thanks to SciFrog, I made a killing on gold from selling my existing holding and shorting it for the past few days, I am going to reward myself with a X6M. Was going to have it color 'Frog Green' to honour SciFrog but that color is not available so I will settle on Carbon Black, still deciding on interior color.

I'll tell you where to send the bottle of DP 

Cheers mate, but you will have to find a way around the pesky ATF agents................

bmw_x6m_1.jpg

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    760920 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    434505 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260086 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257214 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80792 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5311 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

871414 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    806633 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM