Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Rennteam's tribute to the Ferrari 458...lots of photos, videos, etc.

Thanks for the confirmation Joost

Joost:

ISUK,

you translated ULEZ correctly: The color of the upper interior at the passengers compartment. UALZ is Alcantara lining for upper zone. I think the difference is in color and material... don't know for sure though.

And indeed, PNTO is a color out of their standard range, not specifically metallic paint.

-Joost-

Question is, does the car come with black leather for upper interior as standard? I would say yes, as it has always been like this and the only leather option to choose (for upper interior) was leather headliner (RUF1). In the California for example it's the same: standard black leather for upper interior, centre console, dash and steering wheel. If you want deviating leather colour to match the rest of the cabin, they charge you extra for that.

So if your standard interior colour is black anyway, there's no need for changing the colour in these areas, only leather headliner and - if you want - leather rear shelf (Clarkson: "Some leather where you can't see it." Smiley).

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

hahaha omg old paint from the 50s / 60s costs three times more

but as said its a Ferrari! 

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 
    1986 Porsche 944, 5spd 2.5L 150 hp (168lb-ft) champagne gold on grown leather. (sold)

Hey Iain, the chaps from autocar copied your pricelist with all its faults.

So I guess British customers have to suffer now and must pay £2153 for metallic paint.

www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/243838/

--

If the base price is correct, in US dollars that would be around $216, 400. That makes more sense.Smiley 

--

It's popped up on a few other sites as well Stefan. It's amazing how it has spread and been taken as factual when all I did was translate the Dutch version from Autogespot and do a quick and rough calculation as a "guide only" to likely UK prices . Some guys are arguing on another site that it's a fake list that's been planted by either Porsche or Lamborghini

It's easy to see how conspiracy theories start though

PS Wonder if I'll get commission on sales from Maranello for making metallic a cost option?Smiley

nberry:

If the base price is correct, in US dollars that would be around $216, 400. That makes more sense.Smiley 

Were you using the option's list first getting a USD approx $239k base?

I spec'd one out quick without getting too crazy & was at about $260k.  I would never get an F-car without CCM's, my 430 coupe was $225k so $260k doesn't sound that bad. But if base is really $216k then the 458 I spec'd would be approx. $237k?? Doesn't sound right, sounds low. So which base is right Atogespot or Autocar?

Stefan   - I agree, the tan doesn't look right in the 458.
    --

08 PORSCHE Turbo Cabriolet, 06 Ferrari F430,  04 Durango HEMI,  04 Harley Davidson Screamin Eagle,  93 Harley Davidson Nostalgia

Wait, where are you seeing $216k?

It says $162.900 euro.

$239k USD, right?

--

08 PORSCHE Turbo Cabriolet, 06 Ferrari F430,  04 Durango HEMI,  04 Harley Davidson Screamin Eagle,  93 Harley Davidson Nostalgia

ISUK:

It's popped up on a few other sites as well Stefan. It's amazing how it has spread and been taken as factual when all I did was translate the Dutch version from Autogespot and do a quick and rough calculation as a "guide only" to likely UK prices . Some guys are arguing on another site that it's a fake list that's been planted by either Porsche or Lamborghini

PS Wonder if I'll get commission on sales from Maranello for making metallic a cost option?Smiley

You did a great job, it looks official in the font Ferrari always uses, etc.  

--

Gregg, the 169,000 Euro includes Vat tax which I believe around 17%. The base is 149,246. At the present euro to dollar exchange that would price the car around $219,391. Earlier I had used an older euro to dollar exchange. 

Also, I was under the impression that CCM were standard. If not, your still better of going with steel.

--

nberry:

Gregg, the 169,000 Euro includes Vat tax which I believe around 17%. The base is 149,246. At the present euro to dollar exchange that would price the car around $219,391. Earlier I had used an older euro to dollar exchange. 

Also, I was under the impression that CCM were standard. If not, your still better of going with

Price without VAT is 162.900 Euro, in Germany with 19% VAT that would result in a base price of 194k Euro. CCM will be included in this. Smiley

--

ISUK:

take it as a compliment ISUK, you did a great job. kindda funny for us rennteamers to see people on other boards discuss over this and draw their theories when we know the truth. Smiley

nberry:

Also, I was under the impression that CCM were standard. If not, your still better of going with steel.

Got it.

I was meaning to say that since ' I would only spec an F-car w/ CCM's' anyway it doesn't really add to the price for me to have them standard vs someone that would otherwise order steel. But imho it's silly to order steel on an F-car that you're not constantly tracking. Ferrari has the right idea making them standard, you're spending $250-$300k on a high performance exotic, probably spending $10-20k on do-dad options, why cheap out when it comes to the brakes.

Thanks for the clarification.  I expected the 458 to ba$e out higher.

hmmmmm... But now that I think about it, that list didn't include CF which probably added $20k to the price of my F430, & that CF wheel on the 458 is sick so I'm probably under-estimating what a 458 spec'd the way I want would cost. ...Smiley Aw well. I should know by now it only goes UP!

--

nberry:

Nick, you got it all wrong.

Ferrari 458 Italia base price for European markets is 162900€ WITHOUT LOCAL VAT.

VAT is market wise various thing(Germany 19% for example, my market 23%, etc.).

Latest rumor iss that USA price will be adopted to European price-that means huge jump from F430 prices(in USA).

The Auto car article states base price will begin at $149,000 exclusive of Vat. Given the present exchange rate that would put the price of the car in US dollars at around $219,000.

BTW, the new Ferrari magazine has great pictures of the 458. They show it in Yellow and will be the color I get should I decide to buy it. 

--

KresoF1:
    nberry:

Nick, you got it all wrong.

Ferrari 458 Italia base price for European markets is 162900€ WITHOUT LOCAL VAT.

VAT is market wise various thing(Germany 19% for example, my market 23%, etc.).

Latest rumor iss that USA price will be adopted to European price-that means huge jump from F430 prices(in USA).

That's what I thought. That's why I was getting $239k USD base. Not $216k USD

"as well as Europe, where it will reportedly cost 162,900 euro excluding local taxes".

--

nberry:

The Auto car article states base price will begin at $149,000 exclusive of Vat. Given the present exchange rate that would put the price of the car in US dollars at around $219,000.

BTW, the new Ferrari magazine has great pictures of the 458. They show it in Yellow and will be the color I get should I decide to buy it. 

--

Nick,

Autocar copied a price list translation to English made by our member ISUK here on rennteam. I posted first the link to dutch price list scan. ISUK tried his best to translate it and he actually made an excellent job.

Price is WITHOUT VAT 162900€ in Europe.

BTW; Autocar copied a price list from rennteam... That really something, isn't it? Almost 80% of "serious" car webzines copies a files from our sources here on rennteam...

A friend from Greece who ordered one rung me over. Price over there starting from 290,000 Euros including 19% VAT.

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

In Turkey, Official Dealer announced 172K euro excl. taxes for base price.

You put 118% tax so the base price is 375K euro with lux. tax and VAT included. Also there is a yearly tax of 6500 euro on top of that.

--

ONUR

09 Audi TTS Ibis

07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

If price without Vat is about 163,000 at present rates that would make it $239,600. I suppose it is within our estimated price guidelines. You're right, that would represent about a 15% price increase which is fairly significant given the economy.

--

KresoF1:

Latest rumor is that USA price will be adopted to European price-that means huge jump from F430 prices(in USA).

That just means that Ferrari is using this generation-change to catch up with the new exchange-rate reality, that is, much lower value of dollar against euro.

--

fritz

Ferrari has used higher exchange rate in the past, base will be above $250k IMHO...

Gran-Turismo 5's tribute to the Ferrari 458 Italia...

Smiley

Forza Motorsport 3's tribute to the Ferrari 458 Italia...

Smiley

For all CF-lovers, here's a pic of the forthcoming CF-interior configuration of the 458 Italia. Smiley

You will get the following CF-options:

458_CF.jpg

• CF driver zone (purple): steering wheel & paddles
    • CF dash board (red): the whole insert of the dash that comes in aluminium by default
    • CF upper tunnel (dark green): centre console
    • CF tunnel console (turquoise): inserts in the centre console, surrounding the F1-buttons
    • CF lower cabin zone (yellow): vast inserts in the doors and beneath the B-pillars, as well as door handles

--

Thanks Stefan!

Only thing that is missing is CF engine bay option. And Bucket seats. All that CF options are VERY expensive according to my dealer info.

BTW, PEXS cames in two colors-grey and black. It is only black with all Grigio's and Giallo, with other colors only grey.

thanks Rossi, i'm sure te 458 would look amazing with all that carbon. If i could get one it would certainly have as much carbon as i could get on it. 

KresoF1:

Thanks Stefan!

Only thing that is missing is CF engine bay option. And Bucket seats. All that CF options are VERY expensive according to my dealer info.

BTW, PEXS cames in two colors-grey and black. It is only black with all Grigio's and Giallo, with other colors only grey.

If you consider, how much CF they put into the interior now, I can understand why the prices will be so high. Would I get CF in the interior? I guess no. I always loved the aluminium in the 360, but in the 430 there were only some inserts at the centre console and air vents, so CF was a nice change there. But in the 458 the long aluminium strip across the dash that also includes the new styled air vents does look very good and goes very well with the alumium of the centre console, surrounding the F1-buttons.
    I also doubt the the CF option will reduce the weight of the car significantly, given a kerb weight of 1485 kg. And one argument, that is valid for all recent Ferrari, except their supercars: they are made out of aluminium and not carbon fibre, so why clad some CF accents everywhere? Smiley

Talking about PEXS, I've noticed that too. First time I can think of that a plastic grey/black body part costs extra and the body coloured version comes for free. Well, that's Ferrari I guess. Smiley

--

Rossi:
    KresoF1:

Thanks Stefan!

If you consider, how much CF they put into the interior now, I can understand why the prices will be so high. Would I get CF in the interior? I guess no. I always loved the aluminium in the 360, but in the 430 there were only some inserts at the centre console and air vents, so CF was a nice change there. But in the 458 the long aluminium strip across the dash that also includes the new styled air vents does look very good and goes very well with the alumium of the centre console, surrounding the F1-buttons.
    I also doubt the the CF option will reduce the weight of the car significantly, given a kerb weight of 1485 kg. And one argument, that is valid for all recent Ferrari, except their supercars: they are made out of aluminium and not carbon fibre, so why clad some CF accents everywhere? Smiley

Talking about PEXS, I've noticed that too. First time I can think of that a plastic grey/black body part costs extra and that a body coloured version comes for free. Well, that's Ferrari I guess. Smiley

--

Agree about CF.

Did you see at 458 configurator that door inner seals are in leather? There is still no code for that option. IMHO door inner seals in leather is a must since carpet only(even if you choose Alcantara carpets) looks cheap.

KresoF1:

Agree about CF.

Did you see at 458 configurator that door inner seals are in leather? There is still no code for that option. IMHO door inner seals in leather is a must since carpet only(even if you choose Alcantara carpets) looks cheap.

What do you mean with inner seals? I can't find it in the configurator? Smiley

--

Rossi:
    KresoF1:

Agree about CF.

What do you mean with inner seals? I can't find it in the configurator? Smiley

Look very carefully-inner seal in leather from configurator(part below door cover).

Standard carpet only door inner seals.

See the difference?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776736 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441521 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262683 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260821 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85097 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5500 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880529 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815663 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM