Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Rennteam's tribute to the Ferrari 458...lots of photos, videos, etc.

"our culture is to do our own development"   That means virtually nothing or anything... depending how much imagination you have

--
    Cash, gas or ass... no one rides for free!

SOME PICS REAL OF 458 ITALY PLEASE...

I hope these are not reposts, 2 videos of the 458 at Frankfurt. in filim you apreciate the proportions better and all.

i'm sure we'll see those air vents and aluminum pieces get the carbon fiber treatment later on. i predict much more carbon coming for the interior.

Enmanuel:

i'm sure we'll see those air vents and aluminum pieces get the carbon fiber treatment later on. i predict much more carbon coming for the interior.

Of course. Ferrari knows rather well how to rip off their customers. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

rumors say that the full carbon interior for the car (which i like very much) lower and upper parts will be available in March... :) 

--
    F430 Spider. 997 Turbo Tip with modified Vtgs...

SOME REAL PICS IN BLACK GUYS?? THANKS...

The F458 Italia looks great in black... Smiley

F458-Italia_Rennteam-Noir-01.jpg

F458-Italia_Rennteam-Noir-02.jpg

F458-Italia_Rennteam-Noir-03.jpg

F458-Italia_Rennteam-Noir-04.jpg

1254588226235F458-burnout.gif1254588282626F458-burnout.gif

wheels are always too much inside arches....ok,it's an aerodynamic choice (less turbulence) but i prefer gt3-gt2 style ;)

--
    Dedi La vita è troppo corta per non guidare italiano.....

andrea:

wheels are always too much inside arches....ok,it's an aerodynamic choice (less turbulence) but i prefer gt3-gt2 style ;)

i agree, but i'm sure that's nothing a couple spacers won't take care of. Smiley

thanks for the pics!!  Smiley

I prefer the interior in black too... Smiley

berfes:

Although I normally really like cuoio leather, I think it just doesn't look right in a 458 Italia. The new interior design is so revolutionary and to me it looks best in black, maybe with some dark grey or alcantara accents. Deviating stitching eventually, but somehow I feel that a bit less may be more in case of this car. Smiley

--

Rossi:
    berfes:

Although I normally really like cuoio leather, I think it just doesn't look right in a 458 Italia. The new interior design is so revolutionary and to me it looks best in black, maybe with some dark grey or alcantara accents. Deviating stitching eventually, but somehow I feel that a bit less may be more in case of this car. Smiley

Exactly my thoughts. Beige/Cuio etc. do not look quite technically enough for this high-tech car Smiley This car needs a black interior.

http://www.autogespot.com/nl/item/5233/prijslijst-ferrari-458-italia.html

All options are little bit too expensive IMHO.

It's a Ferrari... what did you expect?

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

KresoF1:

http://www.autogespot.com/nl/item/5233/prijslijst-ferrari-458-italia.html

All options are little bit too expensive IMHO.

Expensive are electric seats (you don't need them), luggage set (don't need that as well), forged wheels (a shame), special colours (useless) and the racing livery (extremely useless).
    Interior colour options are cheaper than Porsche for example, rest of the pricelist is in line with former Ferrari pricelists.

So no big surprise for me. Smiley

--

Translation of the price list to English with a rough UK price indication at a rate of 1.09 Euros to the £ for anyone interested in the UK. Not sure that I've translated option code ULEZ correctly though so perhaps our Dutch members could help?

1254694373772Dutch price list 2.JPG

At least LSD, 7-speed double-clutch transmission, launch control, paddle shifters, leather upholstry and 19" wheels come as standart equippment, unlike Porsche  

There is no extra equippment for peformance requirements. (Well maybe the bucket seats which are not ready to order yet)

--

ONUR

09 Audi TTS Ibis

07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

pride355:

At least LSD, 7-speed double-clutch transmission, launch control, paddle shifters, leather upholstry and 19" wheels come as standart equippment, unlike Porsche  

There is no extra equippment for peformance requirements. (Well maybe the bucket seats which are not ready to order yet)

Standard wheels are also 20", you only have the choice between standard 348-style-20" and optional forged 16M-style-20". Smiley

--

ISUK:

Translation of the price list to English with a rough UK price indication at a rate of 1.09 Euros to the £ for anyone interested in the UK. Not sure that I've translated option code ULEZ correctly though so perhaps our Dutch members could help?

I think ULEZ is the same as UALZ, but leather instead of alcantara. So ULEZ means colour to choice for leather lining for upper cabin. Smiley

BTW: it's the first time, that metallic paint costs extra, isn't it?

--

Rossi:
    ISUK:

I think ULEZ is the same as UALZ, but leather instead of alcantara. So ULEZ means colour to choice for leather lining for upper cabin. Smiley

BTW: it's the first time, that metallic paint costs extra, isn't it?

--

Stefan,

Metallic paint, AFS lights and Navi are all way too expansive IMHO. Navi at least should be standard item(aand choice for non cost delete Navi option). Metallic is... I do not know what to say-too much.

210K € in Germany with Mwst. is not a problem at all. Add 20" Forged wheels and some other things and you are at 220K € in no minute.

BTW, I heard some things about CF option. With full CF trim price will be at 235K € level in Germany. Even if it is 458 it is too much IMO.

Sorry guys. I made an error in the translation of option code PNTO. I think it's "Out of range colour" as opposed to metallic which would explain the cost.

For all black fans... (LIKE ME)

The colour of the presentation is not the standart metalic BLACK !!! 

BE CAREFULL on that... This is a special order black colour which i dont remember its name... 

--
    F430 Spider. 997 Turbo Tip with modified Vtgs...

ISUK:

Sorry guys. I made an error in the translation of option code PNTO. I think it's "Out of range colour" as opposed to metallic which would explain the cost.

I thought so. That means metallic is still a no cost option, as it always has been. Smiley

--

Thanks  - very helpful. it will be interesting to see how much of the weakening of Sterling versus the Euro they will pass on to customers 

--

F430 CayenneTT Mini Cooper S

THis is an expensive car. it gives me pause. 

My biggest problem is utility. All these technological marvels are useless on southern California roads. Each day speed monitoring on roads where you can exercise your car are being increased. Rarely if ever are you able to utilize a fraction of what the car can do. I can understand the purchase if you track the car but I never will. With my 430 I drove it because I did not want it to be a garage queen especially after paying $235,000 for it. Ultimately, I paid the price when I sold it.

Do I want to do this again especially considering that California sales tax is over 9%, license fee doubled and the car with a modicum of option all together will cost close to $300,000?

Is it worth it to own the latest and greatest Ferrari?

--

It's not just the issue of exercising the car's speed potential on our speed limited highways.  The level of distraction among drivers is astonishing. Whether it is the phone, intoxicants, lack of training/skill, or lack of socialization, our roads in the US have become chaotic adding an element of danger that congestion alone does not encompass.  Lane changing on the highway is akin to a random event comparable to Brownian movement.  It's difficult enough risking my Cab in this environment,  let alone a new Ferrari.  Still, the 458 is tugging at me to a far greater extent than any of its recent ancestors. This may be one of those things to do before dying, financial prudence be damned.

--

Carpe Diem--life is but a crack of light bounded by eternities of darkness (Nabokov)

PLEASE POST SOME OTHER REAL PICS IN BLACK!!!

THANK YOUUU

nberry:

THis is an expensive car. it gives me pause. 

My biggest problem is utility. All these technological marvels are useless on southern California roads. Each day speed monitoring on roads where you can exercise your car are being increased. Rarely if ever are you able to utilize a fraction of what the car can do. I can understand the purchase if you track the car but I never will. With my 430 I drove it because I did not want it to be a garage queen especially after paying $235,000 for it. Ultimately, I paid the price when I sold it.

Do I want to do this again especially considering that California sales tax is over 9%, license fee doubled and the car with a modicum of option all together will cost close to $300,000?

Is it worth it to own the latest and greatest Ferrari?

In Turkey, with %118 tax, 458 will cost 400K Euro with a few extras.

Yearly tax is 6500 euro; and the insurance is around 20K Euro. How is that?

--

ONUR

09 Audi TTS Ibis

07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

DaveC:

It's not just the issue of exercising the car's speed potential on our speed limited highways.  The level of distraction among drivers is astonishing. Whether it is the phone, intoxicants, lack of training/skill, or lack of socialization, our roads in the US have become chaotic adding an element of danger that congestion alone does not encompass.  Lane changing on the highway is akin to a random event comparable to Brownian movement.  It's difficult enough risking my Cab in this environment,  let alone a new Ferrari.  Still, the 458 is tugging at me to a far greater extent than any of its recent ancestors. This may be one of those things to do before dying, financial prudence be damned.

All excellent points. Speaking of other driver distractions, you should try driving a new Ferrari. A lot of head turning and frequent unsafe driving to get close.

Finally to your point 'doing one of those things before you die', how do you think I have justified buying Ferrari's for the last 10 years?Smiley

--

ISUK,

you translated ULEZ correctly: The color of the upper interior at the passengers compartment. UALZ is Alcantara lining for upper zone. I think the difference is in color and material... don't know for sure though.

And indeed, PNTO is a color out of their standard range, not specifically metallic paint.

-Joost-

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776836 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441572 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262702 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260846 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85124 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5520 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880567 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815723 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM