Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Rennteam's tribute to the Ferrari 458...lots of photos, videos, etc.

KresoF1:
    Rossi:
    KresoF1:
    Rossi:
    KresoF1:
    Rossi:

Base price in Germany is said to be 193.000 Euro including VAT. Smiley

Heard the same thing-162185€ without local VAT.

So, in Germany with some options around 205K-210K €.

That's not too bad, if you ask me, though price will definitely rise quickly over the first two years. Smiley

Now the most important thing is how to spend these additional 12 to 17.000 Euro. Smiley

Hmm... 20" forged 16M style wheels, Leather roofiner, Leather inner side skirts, maybe Grigio Ferro Metallic... NO CF items if you ask me. In comparison with Audi or Porsche they are overpriced at Ferrari. Audi R8 CF items quality is actually better then those on Cali. ...and if you choose CF inner trim for 458 end price could be over 220K € easily...

Dual colour leather? Adaptive lights? Navigation? Painted side skirts?

Also not sure about the forged wheels, they are not typical 458, they are 16M. Smiley

Absolutely agree about the CF, aluminium trim looks good in the 458, no need for too expensive CF. Except if you go for the racing seats, as the backrest shows lots of CF.

Dual color pelle? SI.

Adaptive lights? SI.

Painted exterior side skirts? NO.

Are the painted side skirts optional or is it the standard version? Smiley

I can't really tell from the configurator.

Dual colour leather surely looks nice, but it's quite easy to make a wrong choice or the colour scheme turns out strange in reality. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

nberry:

Interesting. I would have thought otherwise given the conservative bent of the British mind.

I can say with reasonable certainty that is not the case in the US.

Rosso with crema interior is the standard UK choice Nick for top resale value. I personally dislike crema a lot in a Ferrari and prefer the US favourite of tan (either beige or cuoio varieties).

Stefan,

According to the configurator the body colour skirts are standard. Getting the grey finish on them is the cost option.

ISUK:

Stefan,

According to the configurator the body colour skirts are standard. Getting the grey finish on them is the cost option. 

Thanks Iain, I thought so as well. Smiley

Grey looks better IMO.

This is the first time that a plastic grey coloured side skirt will cost extra, so Porsche is doing it wrong all the time. Smiley

--

Grey sideskirts, slims the car optically. Looks better that way IMO.

180k for TT or R8 is just ridiculous.... just a side note

--
    Cash, gas or ass... no one rides for free!

KresoF1:
    pride355:
    Rossi:

Not bad Smiley

It is even cheaper than Mercedes SLS AMG and Porsche 911 Sports Classic Smiley Smiley

When you compare this price against Audi R8 V10, Mercedes SLS AMG and 911 Sports Classic prices, it is a bargain Smiley

SLS AMG is cheaper-177310€ with Mwst. Smiley

Audi R8 V10 with full options cost max. 183.000€(this includes all possible CF items). R8 Spyder is belive it or not cheaper in the end then Coupe version since CF engine trim, leather roofliner etc. are not possible on it to order. Full option R8 Spyder manual 173000€.

997.2 Turbo PDK Coupe with full options 183.000€.

Kreso,

I really like R8. I have driven R8 V8 on Lausitz Eurospeedway near Berlin, and like everything about the car except maybe a little more power since it was only as fast as my ex-997.1 Carrera S coupe that had manua transmission.

However, at near prices I would have always choose a V8 midengine Ferrari.

My ideal R8 V10 is R-Tronic.It is ibis white, carbon side blades and has recaro buckets covered with black leather.  everything else is stock and it costs as far as I remember correctly around 150.000 Euro without VAT. 

However, with 10% more money, this new 458 with 570 hp and 7 speed DCT, it is a bargain and that marvelous sound comes as standard Smiley

--

ONUR

09 Audi TTS Ibis

07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

Rossi:
    ISUK:

I'd advise extreme caution on colour choices. It depends upon your local market but some colour combinations can be very difficult to sell on the used market. Argento Nurburgring with Blue Scurro would be the kiss of death in the UK for example. Silver V8 Ferraris just do not sell here unless they are much cheaper.

Agreed. I would NEVER order a midengined Ferrari in silver. Smiley

I would not order any car in any shade of silver Smiley 

nberry:

Assuming they price the car in the US same as Europe( usually US are prices are lower), the 458 will cost $238,000 in the US exactly what I predicted.

Not a chance. Ferrari US prices have not been cheaper recently unlike Porsche/Audi/BMW/MB...

SciFrog:
    Rossi:
    ISUK:

I'd advise extreme caution on colour choices. It depends upon your local market but some colour combinations can be very difficult to sell on the used market. Argento Nurburgring with Blue Scurro would be the kiss of death in the UK for example. Silver V8 Ferraris just do not sell here unless they are much cheaper.

Well, some Mercs do look nice in that "colour". And some Porsche maybe. Smiley

--

SciFrog:
    nberry:

Assuming they price the car in the US same as Europe( usually US are prices are lower), the 458 will cost $238,000 in the US exactly what I predicted.

Not a chance. Ferrari US prices have not been cheaper recently unlike Porsche/Audi/BMW/MB...

That's right. US prices were about the same. Hardly no difference in prices in different European countries as well. I think that's only fair. Smiley

--

any news for the cost of extras?? wheels, navi, alcantara, racing seats, carbon wheel, white rpm etc... ???

I heard also that the racing seats will pass the quality (crash test) on november... (not available yet)...

--
    F430 Spider. 997 Turbo Tip with modified Vtgs...

SciFrog:
    Rossi:
    ISUK:

I believe 35% of all Porsche's in the US are some form of silver. To a lesser extent, the same for MB's.

--

Rossi:
    ISUK:

zbobba' s 430 was in a gorgeous shade of silver and looked fantastic.  Smiley

And he managed to sell it.  Smiley

Ziggy:
    Rossi:
    ISUK:

Well, actually it was grey and did look good. Smiley

I was talking of plain silver, which just doesn't do if for me on a midengined Ferrari. Smiley

--

Rossi:
    Ziggy:
    Rossi:
    ISUK:

Well, actually it was grey and did look good. Smiley

I was talking of plain silver, which just doesn't do if for me on a midengined Ferrari. Smiley

--

oh ok. 

KresoF1:
    Rossi:
    KresoF1:
    Rossi:
    KresoF1:
    Rossi:

Heard the same thing-162185€ without local VAT.

So, in Germany with some options around 205K-210K €.

That's not too bad, if you ask me, though price will definitely rise quickly over the first two years. Smiley

Now the most important thing is how to spend these additional 12 to 17.000 Euro. Smiley

Hmm... 20" forged 16M style wheels, Leather roofiner, Leather inner side skirts, maybe Grigio Ferro Metallic... NO CF items if you ask me. In comparison with Audi or Porsche they are overpriced at Ferrari. Audi R8 CF items quality is actually better then those on Cali. ...and if you choose CF inner trim for 458 end price could be over 220K € easily...

Dual colour leather? Adaptive lights? Navigation? Painted side skirts?

Also not sure about the forged wheels, they are not typical 458, they are 16M. Smiley

Absolutely agree about the CF, aluminium trim looks good in the 458, no need for too expensive CF. Except if you go for the racing seats, as the backrest shows lots of CF.

--

Dual color pelle? SI.

Adaptive lights? SI.

Painted exterior side skirts? NO.

Kreso< unfortunatly we HAVE to order full carbon fiber inside, because otherwise we cant have the led lights on the steering!!! that's pissing me off! so i will order it. look how good is the steering wheel in carbon with leds!L1000250.jpg

--
    09 Ferrari 430 Scuderia

the new long shift paddles and the circle around tacho and center console are part of the cf packL1000254.jpg

--
    09 Ferrari 430 Scuderia

Sorry Dimitri, I can live without LEDs on steering wheel. So, NO CF interior trim for me. Full CF trim will be in Germany over 15K € with Mwst. Little bit too much if you ask me...

The LEDs are pretty useless anyhow Smiley Even if the 5th LED lights up it is still too early for the upshift (at least in higher gears). I never quite understood the way they programmed these LEDs...

Absolutely agree with Kreso and Markus: these few LEDs look somehow out of place in the interior of the 458 for me. Smiley

Definitely a relict from the past models, they don't fit with their design and they are useless anyway. Smiley

--

OMG! I just noticed there is no speedometer!!!

Say hello to my cycloptic friend! (as dr.Evil would say)
    --
    Cash, gas or ass... no one rides for free!

janus:

OMG! I just noticed there is no speedometer!!!

Say hello to my cycloptic friend! (as dr.Evil would say)

There is a virtual speedo in the right screen and if the latter is used for navigation, radio etc. you still got the digital speedo in the rev counter. Smiley

--

I dont believe the full carbon option is available from the beginning though....

--
    F430 Spider. 997 Turbo Tip with modified Vtgs...

Nick_Athens:

I dont believe the full carbon option is available from the beginning though....

I guess it depends on what will be all included in the package. As far as it looks now, there will be the steering wheel, puddles and rev counter ring, as well as some applications in the centre console. Not so many parts if you ask me. Smiley

--

Amedeo Felisa to Car :

What do you think of the new McLaren MP4-12C? It’s lighter, more powerful and potentially cleaner and more economical than the 458 Italia?

'We like the challenge. It is important to have the competition. But we are not worried about it – our culture is to do our own development.'

What about future variants of the 458 Italia? When will we see the Spider version?

'First we must launch the 458. Then I expect we will see a Spider in early 2011.'

And what about a Scuderia version?

'The Scuderia was a special version, a new concept. For the new 458 there are not yet any plans for a new concept. It is too early.'

Felisa also confirmed that although Ferrari recently filed patents covering turbocharged and hybrid powertrains, such applications in road-going cars were still at least four years away. As such, a successor to the Enzo wouldn't use the technology, though a new supercar was confirmed for 'around 2012'. New cars to replace the 612 Scaglietti and 599 Fiorano are further away, with replacements due between 2012 and 2015.

Last time I checked, the Macca was not lighter than the Ferrari, nor more powerful (as the quoted power is "around 600" with rumours suggesting slightly less than 600). Typical patriotic British journos...

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

Enzo succerror 2012? too late!

Since there is separation between GT and midengined models and therefore a possible complete lineup of midengined, and that  Enzo succerror will be a special and limited model, is there any chance to see in future another midengined between 458 and next Enzo, a truly succerror to 512BB/Testarossa/512TR?

512TR:

... is there any chance to see in future another midengined between 458 and next Enzo, a truly succerror to 512BB/Testarossa/512TR?

I sincerely hope so!! Smiley

assman!!!:
    512TR:

... is there any chance to see in future another midengined between 458 and next Enzo, a truly succerror to 512BB/Testarossa/512TR?

I sincerely hope so!! Smiley

+1

512TR:

Enzo succerror 2012? too late!

Since there is separation between GT and midengined models and therefore a possible complete lineup of midengined, and that  Enzo succerror will be a special and limited model, is there any chance to see in future another midengined between 458 and next Enzo, a truly succerror to 512BB/Testarossa/512TR?

I don't think so. Separation is between GT and sportscars, with 612 and 599 being top models respectively.

So there's no room for a midengined V12 IMO.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/29/24 9:42 PM
    watt
    784044 1799
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    443318 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263630 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    262274 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    86337 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6073 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

882021 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    821422 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM