Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: News from the 'Ring - report & pics

I will look for you. See you!

There is not a cloud in the Eifel today, hope the beautiful weather stays like this the whole week. Smiley 

--

Anne Smile 
    '09 997 Carrera S, GT Silver 
    x '08 Porsche Cayman S Design Edition 1

Anne:

I think I saw you briefly in the weekend 2 weeks ago, but we never got the chance to speak.

Hi Anne, yes unfortunately only a quick "Hello" at the barrier. Hope to see you tomorrow Smiley I won't participate in the Scuderia course as I did the similar BMW course couple of weeks ago and because my trackday fees for the current season are approaching a 5 digit number already Smiley

But what do you mean with "I think I saw you briefly" Smiley Maybe you were too much focussed on your boyfriend's GT3 in your rearview mirror (j/k Smiley), but a silver GT3 was following you from Kesselchen all the way up to Döttinger Höhe Smiley Of course the GT2s never allow the GT3s to overtake....(again just kidding of course Smiley)

Hope you don't mind....

1a.JPG

12523996759072a.JPG

3a.JPG

--
    public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

By chance I found another set of pics from that weekend (shots from Pflanzgarten).

Either you try much harder than me or the suspension of the C2S is just that much softer compared to the GT3 Smiley

5a.JPG

4a.JPG

--
    public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

Talking about suspension: I'm glad to hear that your boyfriend is happy with the Manthey set-up on his GT2 Smiley Watching the newest pics of my baby in the Carousell made me thinking though......it could be just a trick of the eyes (due to the camber of the wheels) but it appears that a lot of rubber is "disappearing" in the fenders Smiley What do the experts think Smiley

karu.jpg

karu2.jpg

karu3.jpg

--

Porsche-Jeck:
    Anne:

I think I saw you briefly in the weekend 2 weeks ago, but we never got the chance to speak.

Hi Anne, yes unfortunately only a quick "Hello" at the barrier. Hope to see you tomorrow Smiley I won't participate in the Scuderia course as I did the similar BMW course couple of weeks ago and because my trackday fees for the current season are approaching a 5 digit number already Smiley

But what do you mean with "I think I saw you briefly" Smiley Maybe you were too much focussed on your boyfriend's GT3 in your rearview mirror (j/k Smiley), but a silver GT3 was following you from Kesselchen all the way up to Döttinger Höhe Smiley Of course the GT2s never allow the GT3s to overtake....(again just kidding of course Smiley)

Hope you don't mind....

1a.JPG

12523996759072a.JPG

3a.JPG

I don´t mind at all. Smiley

I forgot about that, of course I saw you in the rear mirror then. Mostly my boyfriend and I drive completely separately as he goes quite a bit faster with his GT2, I think he´s down to 7:30 something now, BTG. But sometimes we go together, either him in front or I´m in the front. Here he was just following me. He said that he saw you at once, but as you didn´t make any attempt to pass us he didn´t go to the side. Hope it didn´t bother you too much. Smiley

Yes, my car is much softer than yours, it clearly shows in this picture. On the track I always use the stiffer setup, but its not enough. I think if I should do anything with the car it would be to change the chassis to make it stiffer.

Hope we´ll see you tomorrow! Smiley

--

Anne Smile 

Anne:
    He said that he saw you at once, but as you didn´t make any attempt to pass us he didn´t go to the side. Hope it didn´t bother you too much. Smiley

Not at all bothered....indeed I didn't make any attempt because I thought it would be interesting to follow the both of you studying your lines - actually I love it to follow equal or at least similar cars with drivers also knowing their way around the 'Ring; there is always something new to learn Smiley

BTW 7:30 BTG during the Touristenfahrten is devilish fast Smiley. No wonder that you can't follow him - in the C2S such laptime would be Röhrl territory Smiley

--

Thats good. Smiley

Your right, I think I need much more experience and talent than I have to manage 7:30 with the C2S. When I finally got the Performace Box working last time my best lap was 8:07. That lap felt slow compared to the previous lap that was 8:14. Smiley I didn´t get it to work yesterday. Hoping to get it running today, and that the traffic wont be too heavy....

Gnil, we are number 603 and 604. Are you Eric and your brother Marc? 

--

Anne Smile 

Anne:

When I finally got the Performace Box working last time my best lap was 8:07. That lap felt slow compared to the previous lap that was 8:14. Smiley 

I know this effect of "felt speed" vs. objective data very well Smiley If you drive with the "knife between your teeth" it feels very fast, but isn't very fast in reality because good old NoS doesn't appreciate this approach - the old lady likes it smooth and gentle Smiley On the other hand if you go for the smooth approach (just focussing on a "round" line) it doesn't feel so fast, but the (pleasant) truth shows at the Gantry when looking at the stopwatch Smiley From my own experience I'd say the difference between "rough & dirty" and "smooth & gentle" easily can make for a 10 sec gap Smiley

--

Porsche-Jeck:
    Anne:

When I finally got the Performace Box working last time my best lap was 8:07. That lap felt slow compared to the previous lap that was 8:14. Smiley 

I know this effect of "felt speed" vs. objective data very well Smiley If you drive with the "knife between your teeth" it feels very fast, but isn't very fast in reality because good old NoS doesn't appreciate this approach - the old lady likes it smooth and gentle Smiley On the other hand if you go for the smooth approach (just focussing on a "round" line) it doesn't feel so fast, but the (pleasant) truth shows at the Gantry when looking at the stopwatch Smiley From my own experience I'd say the difference between "rough & dirty" and "smooth & gentle" easily can make for a 10 sec gap Smiley

I know you are right. When really attacking one often make small mistakes and the whole run can get more staccato. When driving more smoothly and focused its often more easy to carry the speed with you through the curves, all though it feels slower. I think I need to keep this in the front of my mind (do you say that in English?) when driving these days.... 

--

Anne Smile 

Enjoy these great days also for me..

if you see a black/orange 997 Gt3  RS with italian stripes and plates, is a friend!

--
    997 TT, what a car/che'mmmmmaghena!!!

Anne:

Thats good. Smiley

Gnil, we are number 603 and 604. Are you Eric and your brother Marc? 

Yes, we are ( how did you come up with that ? ) !! See you tomorrow or at the latest, thursday morning on the F1 circuit departing grid !! Smiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Super Darius:

if you see a black/orange 997 Gt3  RS with italian stripes and plates, is a friend!

Hi Dario - I'll say hello to him Smiley It's sad you can't be with us Smiley

BTW your friend has another friend also with a black Porsche + Italian Tricolore stripes, though a 997 TT, right ?

The Iceman Smiley - hope his car is fine again Smiley

--

Super Darius:

Enjoy these great days also for me..

I' ll look for it Smiley You must come next year !! I remember Sergini was there about 3 or 4 years ago

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Two Swiss guys with the same surname, one with a Carrera and one with a GT3, not so hard to figure out when you have the program for Scuderia. Smiley Eric nr 405 and Marc nr 406.

8 laps this evening. Ok, but a lot of traffic and people who don´t know what mirrors are.   Smiley

Too bad with Iceman, hope he and his car are ok now. 

--

Anne Smile 

Anne:

Two Swiss guys with the same surname, one with a Carrera and one with a GT3, not so hard to figure out when you have the program for Scuderia. Smiley Eric nr 405 and Marc nr 406.

8 laps this evening. Ok, but a lot of traffic and people who don´t know what mirrors are.   Smiley

Too bad with Iceman, hope he and his car are ok now. 

Of course , the program . It is all in there !!!!Smiley

8 lats with all the trafffic is quite an achievement Smiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Enmanuel:
    Gnil:
    Cram:

it will be harder to change gears. Smiley Oh no! this is really getting way to farSmileySmiley

sorry, got the wrong stick Smiley

LOOL Smiley 

OT: u guys are brothers ?! 

As Joost said, Yes we are. And i'm really looking to use this stick in a really good way. Smiley

--

Cayenne Turbo - Mini Cooper S - 997 GT3

Thanks Achim!!

and yes,Iceman is a friend too!!was at the Ring with me last year when we meet,great days!Smiley

And i'm happy his car is fine again.Smiley

Andrea,the guy with the RS is really crazy and fun,is a good guy!!

Gnil hope next year to be with you,Achim and the rest of the gangSmiley

--

PJ, thanks for the neat info. If you remember, some time ago you pointed me in the direction of Porsche Leipzig for an alignment. It was done and the car is driveable again, the care they took with it was exemplary, although when compared to the original alignment on delivery day, it is less lively going into a turn, but more stable in high speed turns.

The current set-up is the factory set-up, so that means that on delivery, the set-up was different from what the factory actually recommends. This corresponds with many other owners´ experience.

I wonder - at Manthey, did you get the standard laser geometry setup for a few hundred euros, or was it what they call "racing" set-up for a thousand euros? On their website in the price list they don´t tell the details, so considering that you mention corner balancing, I assume that this was part of the more expensive set-up. When they are doing it, what sort of equipment do the use?

Also, was there any mention on rear brake cooling ducts from the MkII? These are all the rage on rennlist. Team Drug Money will confirm.

When you mention the tire temperatures on the factory GT3 MkII, how were they different compared to yours? Also, what tire pressure does Manthey recommend? I am experiencing with that since day one and it really is down to the weather and road temperature and also surface quality.

Thanks.

What a great wk-end. It was great  to meet PJ, Blue Line, Gordon, Anna. More will come. Pics, report etc....

--

Cram:

What a great wk-end. It was great  to meet PJ, Blue Line, Gordon, Anna. More will come. Pics, report etc....

Yes! What an excellent event and great to meet up with you guys. Thanks to you all! Smiley

Photos and a video are coming soon...

--

987 Boxster S, Arctic Silver with 'Martini Racing' Livery, H&R Monotube Coil-Overs, H&R Anti Roll Bars, Strut Brace, FVD ECU, BMC Air Filter, Sachs Racing Clutch, Single-Mass Flywheel, Recaro Racing Shells, PSE.

997 Carrera 4S, Guards Red, Bilstein PSS10 Damptronic, H&R Anti Roll Bars, IPD Plenum, Dension Gateway 500, PSE.

Here some pics from the course we did at the Nordschleife

GT3 006.jpgGT3 010.jpgGT3 011.jpg

This pic from the Lotus is really special. Take a look on the Back right. There something green. What is it?

GT3 012.jpg

GT3 019.jpgGT3 020.jpgGT3 029.jpgGT3 036.jpgGT3 024.jpgGT3 026.jpgGT3 022.jpgGT3 031.jpgGT3 032.jpgGT3 033.jpgGT3 018.jpg 1252864125070GT3 002.jpg

--

GT3 042.jpgGT3 039.jpgGT3 038.jpgGT3 034.jpgGT3 035.jpg1252867524650GT3 036.jpghere some others

--

Here are some of mine. From the Brünnchen section, line up at the GP track, safety training on the skid pad, section training in fog , the Karussell , etc.

DSC_0150.jpg

DSC_0159.jpg

DSC_0162.jpg

DSC_0167.jpg

DSC_0180.jpg

DSC_0192.jpg

DSC_0195.jpg

DSC_0201.jpg

DSC_0238.jpg

DSC_0253.jpg

DSC_0258.jpg

DSC_0261.jpg

DSC_0283.jpg

DSC_0298.jpg

DSC_0311.jpg

DSC_0326.jpg

DSC_0333.jpg

DSC_0336.jpg

DSC_0344.jpg

DSC_0349.jpg

DSC_0351.jpg

DSC_0360.jpg

DSC_0364.jpg

DSC_0369.jpg

DSC_0376.jpg

1252869024561DSC_0387.jpg

DSC_0389.jpg

--

987 Boxster S, Arctic Silver with 'Martini Racing' Livery, H&R Monotube Coil-Overs, H&R Anti Roll Bars, Strut Brace, FVD ECU, BMC Air Filter, Sachs Racing Clutch, Single-Mass Flywheel, Recaro Racing Shells, PSE.

997 Carrera 4S, Guards Red, Bilstein PSS10 Damptronic, H&R Anti Roll Bars, IPD Plenum, Dension Gateway 500, PSE.

Here is a video from the Pflanzgarten with the drivers from the Winner Group. These guys were C R A Z Y fast... 

--

Really great shots and video!

Love to see all that supercars

Next year i don't whant to loose this course,it must be a great experience

ciao
    Dario

--

Super Darius:

ciao
    Dario

Dario,

I saw your frind with the GT3 RS with stripes ( there were two) I said hello to one of the guy. They are crazy drivers...... realy fast !!!!!! Smiley

I hope that you come in September. We were at least 5 people from Rennteam

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

bluelines:

Here is a video from the Pflanzgarten with the drivers from the Winner Group. These guys were C R A Z Y fast... 

I' m impressed, after 700 km of driving yesterday, you guys still had the energy to put all these pics and vids up !!!!! Thanks Cram and Blueline.

It was great doing the course all together.

Thanks to Cram, DavidGordon, Blueline and Anne  !!!!SmileySmiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

I' m impressed, after 700 km of driving yesterday, you guys still had the energy to put all these pics and vids up !!!!! Thanks Cram and Blueline.

I sorted out all my pics, too - but found that my internet connection at home is broken AGAIN!Smiley Damn those Cablecom guys.  Hopefully get them up soon..

--
    2007 987S, KW v3 1964 Type 1

nice pics & experience!

I have a question: which kind of wheels(aftermarket I guess) are on this fab white 997 gt3 rs?

gt3 rs wheels.jpg

--
    Dedi La vita è troppo corta per non guidare italiano.....

Gnil:
    Super Darius:

ciao
    Dario

Dario,

I saw your frind with the GT3 RS with stripes ( there were two) I said hello to one of the guy. They are crazy drivers...... realy fast !!!!!! Smiley

I hope that you come in September. We were at least 5 people from Rennteam

Yes Gnil,sure i will try to make it with you and the other rennteamers!Smiley in way to make more fun!

About my friends,well they are really crazy,more the one with the RS...two weeks ago we meet at our Porsche dealer and when we leave it, he made a drift coming out from the garage and a guy on the other side of the road fall down from his bicycle for fear..hahaaSmileySmileySmiley HAHAHA is really a GOATSmiley

Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    806289 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    449451 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    267023 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90434 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    7177 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

887150 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    835896 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM